PDA

View Full Version : Targets for January

Earl of Currie
18-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Although Hibs are doing very well in the league , Yogi has stated that we are only 75% of where he wants be.

Does anyone know of any prospective targets ( Darren Barr aside) who Hibs are looking at or have lined up ?

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Brooooooonaldo

bboy
18-10-2009, 10:22 AM
have heard nish off to scunthorpe and kevin kyle in!:thumbsup:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 10:30 AM

The rumour down here is Nish to blackpool. One of the donkeys is seriously ill.:duck:

Shaggy
18-10-2009, 10:31 AM
Sol Cambell

:duck:

.......well, we are the big club in the toon now

H18sry
18-10-2009, 10:32 AM
The rumour down here is Nish to blackpool. One of the donkeys is seriously ill.:duck:

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Dibben
18-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Would be happy to see Kyle come in, as he would be another option for us! However, think he'd only be brought in if Benji left, and i'd love to see him stay!

BH.

RoYO!
18-10-2009, 10:38 AM
would love to see hibs hold on to the squad that we have for the season and add at the weaker positions. only 2 points behind from a possible 24 is a great start.

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 10:42 AM
I do think the main focus of any purchases should be defence, I'd like to use wotherspoon in midfield again, so if we could free him up, also get another CH and possibly a GK if a really good one pops up. Still a bit unconvinced about stack, but I suspect we probably won't get another goalie.

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2009, 10:58 AM

IMO I would be very disappointed if Nish left. He is a different tallent from the other striking options we have. Thought he played well from his introduction late on yesterday.

Kyle is not a good replacement option. Less than impressed with his performance and attitude yesterday.

We need a keeper and another CH. I would take Brown from Killie. Had a good game yesterday and I have always been a fan.

Glory glory

Perspective
18-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Two energetic full-backs and I'd be happy with what we have, in addition to getting Benji to sign a new contract.

Thought Kyle gave as good as he got with Bamba yesterday and there was certainly no ill-feeling between the two. It wasn't his best game yesterday but he'd be a great focal point for a three-man attack.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 11:13 AM
A centre half and a right back would be my choice if we are to strengthen. Wotherspoon wouild not make the midfield at this moment imho. He would not replace Zemamma, McBride or Miller. And i cant see him taking Deeks place. He is doing well, although not a natural right back he has done well there, yesterday was not his best game, and was bullied a little, and caught the wrong side of his man a few times too.

I dont want him to go the same way as Stevenson, i dont want him burn out. A new central defender is a must, Hogg will never be up to the job imho, and with Bamba away for most of January, we are well short of quality there.

MSK
18-10-2009, 11:20 AM
A player i admire greatly & for what i saw yesterday he was immense ..Jody Morris of St Johnstone ....another midfielder i know & prob well off Yogi's radar..just thought he merited a mention though ..:greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
18-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Thought he played well from his introduction late on yesterday.

Glory glory

:agree: I think we were crying out for someone like Nish to stab in the chances yesterday.

Cocaine&Caviar
18-10-2009, 11:52 AM
I'd like like to see Barr come in, and McCann and Stevenson go out on loan to a lower SPL or higher Div1 team for some competetive football reguarly.

Violater
18-10-2009, 11:57 AM
I think the squad is good and a big centre half with a bit of quality about him would be my priority.

Cropley10
18-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Big Sol (Bamba) is away for 4 weeks on ACN duty, which is a huge concern - especially as it's over the Xmas/New Year period when the games come thick and fast.

So we need another decent CH - and a RB if we can find one. A bit more experience in the back four could make all the difference, I'd rather we didn't 'burn-out' Wotherspoon.

Shrekko
18-10-2009, 12:29 PM
A centre half and a right back would be my choice if we are to strengthen. Wotherspoon wouild not make the midfield at this moment imho. He would not replace Zemamma, McBride or Miller. And i cant see him taking Deeks place. He is doing well, although not a natural right back he has done well there, yesterday was not his best game, and was bullied a little, and caught the wrong side of his man a few times too.

I dont want him to go the same way as Stevenson, i dont want him burn out. A new central defender is a must, Hogg will never be up to the job imho, and with Bamba away for most of January, we are well short of quality there.

Agree we definitely need 1 if not 2 centre halfs and I'm still not convinced we have the right goalie yet.

Initially I didnt want Wotherspoon at right back but now I've changed my mind. He's a natural wide player and is good going forward. He just needs to learn the position (defensively) and he'll do that by playing every week. Our lack of drive in the full-back areas was really imbalancing the team early on.

Wotherspoon wont be the same as Stevenson- he's much more talented and has far more to his game. 'Burn out' has never really effected very good young players- the one's who have genuine quality will manage.

Tyler Durden
18-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I don't think we should be worried about "burning out" Wotherspoon. Seems to be a scottish concern, playing every week hasn't harmed the likes of Messi has it?

I don't think Stevenson has suffered from burnout, he's just been replaced by better players.

Tyler Durden
18-10-2009, 12:31 PM
Agree we definitely need 1 if not 2 centre halfs and I'm still not convinced we have the right goalie yet.

Initially I didnt want Wotherspoon at right back but now I've changed my mind. He's a natural wide player and is good going forward. He just needs to learn the position (defensively) and he'll do that by playing every week. Our lack of drive in the full-back areas was really imbalancing the team early on.

Wotherspoon wont be the same as Stevenson- he's much more talented and has far more to his game. 'Burn out' has never really effected very good young players- the one's who have genuine quality will manage.

You beat me to it.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Burn out imho does happen, Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of a player still playing at the highest level, yes because he's a good player, but a lot of its to do with being nurtured early on in his career. Although it is easier for rich teams like united, to rest good players, as the ones who replace them are just as good.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Why don't we just write a big christmas wish list to Yogi...

I'm sure he'll be more and happy to meet all your demands. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure even he could deliver Jennifer aniston down my chimminey.:boo hoo:

Shrekko
18-10-2009, 12:45 PM
Burn out imho does happen, Ryan Giggs is the perfect example of a player still playing at the highest level, yes because he's a good player, but a lot of its to do with being nurtured early on in his career. Although it is easier for rich teams like united, to rest good players, as the ones who replace them are just as good.

United play a stack more games than us ever year.

I'll bet you'll find that Ryan Giggs had played a hell of a lot more games than the boys we're talking about here at their age-internationals, European games etc as well.

I'm struggling to think of a really top player who's suffered from 'burn-out' but can think of countless players who've played 60/70 games a season from a very young age.

Lewis Stevenson has probably never played more than 25 full games in a season yet because he's not the player many predicted it's 'burn-out'!

At Hibs level, Whittaker, Brown, Caldwell, Fletcher are just 4 examples of guys who've played most weeks for Hibs from a very early age and shown good form most of the time.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Now now dear chap...

I'm sure Yogi can come to some sort of compromise...

Will you settle for Jocelyn Wildenstein? :devil:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Now now dear chap...

I'm sure Yogi can come to some sort of compromise...

Will you settle for Jocelyn Wildenstein? :devil:

I had to google the name, :jamboak: :faf:

IWasThere2016
18-10-2009, 12:59 PM
We need a CH - regardless of fact that Sol is away - IMHO.

RB is an issue also.

If we address these two positions - and keep the rest - I would be very happy.

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 01:01 PM
killie GK and CH. are we after barr or is it just gossip ?

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 01:04 PM
United play a stack more games than us ever year.
I know this, but you dont see Macheda thrown in for 45-50 of those games, because they have more quality, players as good if not better. But when they do get a gem, like Giggs, they use him spareingly, early on, to help with his developement.
I'll bet you'll find that Ryan Giggs had played a hell of a lot more games than the boys we're talking about here at their age-internationals, European games etc as well.
Id like the proof please
I'm struggling to think of a really top player who's suffered from 'burn-out' but can think of countless players who've played 60/70 games a season from a very young age.
Who
Lewis Stevenson has probably never played more than 25 full games in a season yet because he's not the player many predicted it's 'burn-out'!
You could be right, i did think he would be a terrific player, but has not progressed, i dont know why?
At Hibs level, Whittaker, Brown, Caldwell, Fletcher are just 4 examples of guys who've played most weeks for Hibs from a very early age and shown good form most of the time.

None of those players above are getting much better, perhaps they have played too much football in their career to date.:wink:

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 01:06 PM

How no, it's no like she's fat pie muncher, she would surely fit??:confused:

Hughes FFS:grr:

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 01:13 PM
If we can keep hold of what we have id be happy with a RB and CH.

Petrie's Tache
18-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Darren Barr
Darren O'Dea
Paul Caddis
Stevie Smith
Scott Arfield
:thumbsup:

Shrekko
18-10-2009, 01:17 PM
None of those players above are getting much better, perhaps they have played too much football in their career to date.:wink:

Perhaps Lewis maybe looked a bit better than he was due to who he was playing next to? It was a nice time to break into the team- didnt have to do anything fancy, just do the percentage stuff. Personally I was never convinced, bar a few games that he was 'terrific'.

Apparently as he approaches his 22nd birthday he's played 60 odd games for Hibs since his debut 4 years ago. Without checking do you seriously want me to look at how many games Giggs had played at that age?

Players playing 60/70 games a season? -Messi and Ronaldo stand to as obvious ones...and think of the travelling they do! Remember we're not comparing ability here we're talking 'burn-out'.

I'd say Fletch, Whittaker, Caldwell and Brown have all improved but 3 of them are still playing in the wrong league.

Perhaps Wotherspoon isnt the answer at right back and it might be exposing him to possibly losing his confidence. I just think he has a lot of abililty and it wont harm him too much. I wouldnt be devastated if we did get a right back- but not just for the sake of it, somebody good!

bobbyhibs1983
18-10-2009, 01:18 PM

i have an issue with your 1st sentence, dont you know you must write to santa with your christmas list?:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Perhaps Lewis maybe looked a bit better than he was due to who he was playing next to? It was a nice time to break into the team- didnt have to do anything fancy, just do the percentage stuff. Personally I was never convinced, bar a few games that he was 'terrific'.
Again you could be right, although i did think he was terrific at getting the ball and driving forward, something he seems to have completely lost from his game.Apparently as he approaches his 22nd birthday he's played 60 odd games for Hibs since his debut 4 years ago. Without checking do you seriously want me to look at how many games Giggs had played at that age?
No i am not comparing him to Giggs, you are missing the point, we have to play players with potential, and probably play them more than is good for them. A prime example was Kevin Thomson. He actually played in the last game of the season, in a meaningless match, with an injury, taking an injection on that injury to get through the game. He ends up with a cruciate injury playing that game. An injury that's restricted him to this day.
Players playing 60/70 games a season? -Messi and Ronaldo stand to as obvious ones...and think of the travelling they do! Remember we're not comparing ability here we're talking 'burn-out'.
I'd say Fletch, Whittaker, Caldwell and Brown have all improved but 3 of them are still playing in the wrong league.
Id disagree again, Fletch is no better now than he was 3 months ago, he still couldn't use his right foot last week against Japan. Calwell is no better, and Brown has gone backwards, again imho. Whittaker i will give you.
Perhaps Wotherspoon isn't the answer at right back and it might be exposing him to possibly losing his confidence. I just think he has a lot of ability and it wont harm him too much. I wouldn't be devastated if we did get a right back- but not just for the sake of it, somebody good!

I too would not be devastated should we not get a full back in, although I'd like one, and like you, I'd like a good one.

IWasThere2016
18-10-2009, 01:38 PM
killie GK and CH. are we after barr or is it just gossip ?

We made 2 bids for Barr in the summer :wink:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 01:39 PM
i have an issue with your 1st sentence, dont you know you must write to santa with your christmas list?:greengrin

Did you not know that Hughes was Santa Claus?

Did you not see his little helpers in midfield yesterday? :wink:

Callum
18-10-2009, 01:40 PM
why does everone think we need a CH?? even when Sol is away, we have Mcormack and hanlon who can play there and even move Murray across to fill in in the midal and put some else at full back

biffo1875
18-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Although Hibs are doing very well in the league , Yogi has stated that we are only 75% of where he wants be.

Does anyone know of any prospective targets ( Darren Barr aside) who Hibs are looking at or have lined up ?

heard from 2 different people that rusell anderson will be coming to us in january any one else heard this one????

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 01:50 PM
heard from 2 different people that rusell anderson will be coming to us in january any one else heard this one????

Awrite Keith, no heard that one mate, your sources reliable?

biffo1875
18-10-2009, 01:52 PM
Awrite Keith, no heard that one mate, your sources reliable?

all ways mate how your luck

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 01:57 PM
We made 2 bids for Barr in the summer :wink:

i thought it was arfield we bid for ,:confused:

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 01:57 PM
all ways mate how your luck

Luck with bets or woman? :greengrin

Baith awrite :cool2:

Russell Anderson was a decent player for the Sheepies, would be happy to see him at ER if he still has the same abilities..done nowt for Sunderland and no to sure if he gets a game for Plymouth, if thats even where he still is?

3pm
18-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Can't argue with a RB and a CH (who is very similar in style to Rob Jones).

I also think that we need someone with genuine pace - like a Sproule so that we have an outball now and again. I wouldn't say that we have anyone who is a 'carthorse' but we nobody has that killer acceleration.

Danny Galbraith might be that man but he is still learning so I'd like us to address the problem by signing someone who is a regular starter.

Still think that someone with good leadership qualities shouldn't be sniffed at either - on the proviso he is good enough.

fife hfc
18-10-2009, 02:43 PM
I'd go for Barr and try and get Paul Caddis out of contract in the summer and not to happy about lack of chances he's getting.

Hibs_of_Midlothian
18-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Lewis Stevenson is an extremely talented young footballer.

There is no evidence of him going backwards or suffering from burn out.

His career is stalled because the Manager will not give him game time.

It's all about opinions, JC thought he was wonderful, Mixu didn't fancy him at first then selected him regularly, JH says his chance will come.

He needs to show a lot of resilience, take his chance when it comes and prove the doubters wrong.

Letting him go to another club would be a major mistake.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 03:47 PM

It's all about opinions, JC thought he was wonderful, Mixu didn't fancy him at first then selected him regularly, JH says his chance will come.

He needs to show a lot of resilience, take his chance when it comes and prove the doubters wrong.

Not on loan it wouldn't, he wont get a game at hibs for the foreseeable future, and if the rumours about Arfield are true, he will be further down the line. As for Yogi saying he will get his chance, he also said O'Brien was a real talent, and DVZ was a good full back. Managers tell porkies, it written into their contracts.

col02
18-10-2009, 03:50 PM
I actually think our squad is pretty much sorted right now. Happy with every position and the reserve players we have. Couple pre contract signings would do for me in January with no exits.

hibsbollah
18-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Nyron Nosworthy please.

kevinc
18-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Was told this yesterday also; Barr & Kyle in, Nish to Scunny & Stevenson on his way also. As we approach the window I'm sure everyone will have 'insider' info.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Was told this yesterday also; Barr & Kyle in, Nish to Scunny & Stevenson on his way also. As we approach the window I'm sure everyone will have 'insider' info.

Do they have a beach in scunthorpe?

Haymaker
18-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Forward line and midfield are set IMHO, of course if something special came up then snap them up but its not a major concern...

The entire back line is, Stack hasnt proved himself yet but may yet do so. The problem with goalkeepers is if you want a TOP keeper they are hard to find and expensive but maybe a loan option just to add numbers and a bit of comp.

All options along the back are needed, RB and LB especially, hopefully some experienced CH as well. Its going to help come winter when suspensions and injuries plus bamba going away. I dont like to think about playing Utd or Rangers with two young CHs because bamba is away and hogg injured!

Build the back is a priority THEN further forward.

goosano
18-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Do they have a beach in scunthorpe?

Not within about 5 miles:greengrin

Cocaine&Caviar
18-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Bobo Balde and Brahim Hemdani have both failed to find clubs, STILL...

deals could be done?

Godsahibby
18-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Heard this one myself. Rumours are he has already been up for talks but there was concerns about his injury so waiting till h has played some games before making a move.

Would be quite happy with Anderson, need some proper leadership at the back.

Winston Ingram
18-10-2009, 05:01 PM

Take it you weren't at ER yesterday?

If ye were ye wouldn't be getting excited about signing Kevin Kyle:agree:

Winston Ingram
18-10-2009, 05:02 PM

Totally agree:agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 05:05 PM
Take it you weren't at ER yesterday?

If ye were ye wouldn't be getting excited about signing Kevin Kyle:agree:

I disagree, i think he'd be a revelation in a hibs shirt, imagine him on the end of Riordan and zemamma's crosses. The only down side is we could become a long ball team if things were not going well, although he would help Hoggs game.

Gaffer1875
18-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Balde
Barr
Nicky Weaver

Those 3 players would put us in a great position to finish 3rd if not second IMO...

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Balde
Barr
Nicky Weaver

Those 3 players would put us in a great position to finish 3rd if not second IMO...

And cripple our wage bill in the process?

A dont think so, id take the other 2 but Balde wouldnt even be entertained by the board and manager.

500miles
18-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I hope Yogi's having a look at Mulgrew. Aberdeen are skint, and that way Murray could take McBrides place.

Don't get me wrong, I like McBride, but I just think that Murray is a better player, It's not a case of replacing huddies these days, we're at a point where we are now raising the bar.

If we get another dominant centre half on top of that, I would be more than pleased, and we could be shooting for second. Although there isn't that much between two gash OF teams......

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 06:39 PM
And cripple our wage bill in the process?

A dont think so, id take the other 2 but Balde wouldnt even be entertained by the board and manager.

:agree:

He's a dirty big bassa anyway...

No danger would he get away with the same things at Hibs as he did at Cetlic.

archiebald
18-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Me think somebody should look at all the comments about Mc Bride:wink:

Shrekko
18-10-2009, 07:26 PM
I hope Yogi's having a look at Mulgrew. Aberdeen are skint, and that way Murray could take McBrides place.

Don't get me wrong, I like McBride, but I just think that Murray is a better player, It's not a case of replacing huddies these days, we're at a point where we are now raising the bar.

If we get another dominant centre half on top of that, I would be more than pleased, and we could be shooting for second. Although there isn't that much between two gash OF teams......

I'm a huge fan of Ian Murray, but.. he couldnt do McBride's job as well as he is doing at present IMO. I wouldnt want him doing it either as he is doing a fine job at left-back as usual.

MyJo
18-10-2009, 07:38 PM
how people can critisice mcbride is beyond me, he is up there alongside bamba as my player of the season so far.

as for january i'd take barr and voltz and put a couple out on loan

ancient hibee
18-10-2009, 07:38 PM
We'll just move McCann to centre half surely:greengrin

Kyle-no chance.

Burn out is caused by playing too much football in early to mid teens when an adult physique is not properly developed.Once past that any burn out is mental.

Onceinawhile
18-10-2009, 07:53 PM
A right back so that we can get Wotherspoon back into midfield. A Centre back because we have a glaring deficiency there and to cover big sol.

Not much needed IMO:

RB
CB

and then we're set.

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 08:06 PM
A right back so that we can get Wotherspoon back into midfield. A Centre back because we have a glaring deficiency there and to cover big sol.

Not much needed IMO:

RB
CB

and then we're set.
wotherspoon would only get a game if we went back to 442 then :agree:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't buy into this whole "burning out" theory.

There is no reason why the younger lads can't last 90 minutes.... they are just bursting with energy.

The biggest risk when playing a young lad is.... if he doesnt instantly perform when he gets his chance in the first team... it could effect his success in the future.

Nothing to do with "burning out" imo

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 08:15 PM
UOTE=wee_hibee;2209707]I don't buy into this whole "burning out" theory.

There is no reason why the younger lads can't last 90 minutes.... they are just bursting with energy.

The biggest risk when playing a young lad is.... if he doesnt instantly perform when he gets his chance in the first team... it could effect his success in the future.

Nothing to do with "burning out" imo[/QUOTE]
:agree::agree::agree:

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 08:23 PM
nicky weeeeeeever :thumbsup:

russell annnnnnderson :thumbsup:

WindyMiller
18-10-2009, 08:32 PM
A CB is our main priority, both to cover for Bamba in January and to challenge/replace Hogg.
A right-back would free up Wotherspoon to cover RM when the weather and bookings take their toll.
I wouldn't bring any more till the summer to allow our existing squad to settle in.
We've been signing far too many players this past 2 seasons and then letting them go when they can't get a place.

Dibben
18-10-2009, 08:40 PM
If we could get both Barr & Anderson in (Barr can also cover RB...) i'd be happy (as long as we don't lose anyone!).

BH.

el capitano
18-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I disagree, i think he'd be a revelation in a hibs shirt, imagine him on the end of Riordan and zemamma's crosses. The only down side is we could become a long ball team if things were not going well, although he would help Hoggs game.

riordan and zemamma dont cross the ball they shoot, if they did cross the ball our forward players would have as good a chance of scoring as anyone whether it be kyle or not.
i thought kyle was average at best yesterday

Hibs7
19-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Now that would be a good one if he stays fit.

LancsHibs
19-10-2009, 08:19 AM
We will sign Barr on a pre contract at the beginning of Jan, Falkirk will then 'blink first' and accept about £100-150k for an immediate signing towards the end of the month:greengrin

BTW what happened with the RB from Fulham Volz, I think he's called. Still out of contract I would think and could be signed now. Top player, would be class for us!!

Andy74
19-10-2009, 08:21 AM

Firstly Mulgrew is rank, don't let the free kicks fool you ito thinking he's actually any good as left back.

Secondly, have a word about McBride - first name on the team sheet.

HIBERNIAN 1875
19-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Would love to see Barr and Anderson sign. Dont want Kyle as from what i saw on saturday he never looked half as good as the strikers we had playing. :agree:

greenlex
19-10-2009, 10:50 AM
Firstly Mulgrew is rank, don't let the free kicks fool you ito thinking he's actually any good as left back.

Secondly, have a word about McBride - first name on the team sheet.
Disagree about Mulgrew Andy I think he is a good player. Dont think he is any better than Murray but good never the less. We dont need his free kick prowess in any case. Do agree about McBride though.

HibeePaj
19-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Charlie Mulgrew Scott Arfield Darren Barr

i think mulgrew would be a great signin,,, not sure when his contract is up but surely aberdeen would be open to offers.

Paget

ScottB
19-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Why are people pushing for Kyle over Nish exactly? Presumably the same people who loved Nish when he was at Killie!

I don't think he's better than Nish, nor would he score as many goals or provide as many assists. If Nish is to be replaced then it should be with a noticeably better player. Not that he should be replaced, as it's simply not a priority position for us to deal with.

soupy
19-10-2009, 11:53 AM
ive heard that that Eddie May has told Arfield, he can sign for anyone in January as long as its not Hibs, although Hibs will be going back in for him. this coming from a very good source,,also Barr is a done deal:greengrin

Hopefully true.....

007 Mickey Weir
19-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Why are people pushing for Kyle over Nish exactly? Presumably the same people who loved Nish when he was at Killie!

I don't think he's better than Nish, nor would he score as many goals or provide as many assists. If Nish is to be replaced then it should be with a noticeably better player. Not that he should be replaced, as it's simply not a priority position for us to deal with.

I totally agree with above!! Kyle and Nish are too similar! Why would we swap like for like! This is a waste of money.
Barr and Anderson in January please. Offer Voltz a contract to end of season if he finally gets injury free.
Would like Arfield, but we now have Miller in that position. Not sure spending £300/400k on a back up player is wise.
Send McCann and Stevenson out on loan
Offer Murray a 3 year deal!

Europa League here we come!!! :thumbsup:

Borders Hibby
19-10-2009, 12:18 PM
ive heard that that Eddie May has told Arfield, he can sign for anyone in January as long as its not Hibs, although Hibs will be going back in for him. this coming from a very good source,,also Barr is a done deal:greengrin

Hopefully true.....

May couldnt stop him, and will be sacked before then anyway.

Borders Hibby
19-10-2009, 12:19 PM
I totally agree with above!! Kyle and Nish are too similar! Why would we swap like for like! This is a waste of money.
Barr and Anderson in January please. Offer Voltz a contract to end of season if he finally gets injury free.
Would like Arfield, but we now have Miller in that position. Not sure spending £300/400k on a back up player is wise.

I concur!:agree:

Ell_Chrisso
19-10-2009, 12:22 PM

U serious? I think Kyle is pish! And tbh, id probably rather have Nish! lol.

Dibben
19-10-2009, 12:24 PM
ive heard that that Eddie May has told Arfield, he can sign for anyone in January as long as its not Hibs,

Blimey, Eddie May is a bitter wee fella... as well as being a crap manager who likes to talk alot...

If Hibs could get Arfield as well - along with Barr & Anderson - i'd be absolutely delighted with our squad and 2nd would be a possibility, as I doubt the OF will strengthen much in January!

also Barr is a done deal:greengrin

Hopefully true.....

Fingers crossed!

BH.

Ritchie
19-10-2009, 02:33 PM
:agree: I think we were crying out for someone like Nish to stab in the chances yesterday.

what??? like he has every other time he's been playing.....

nish would be no great loss as he brings little to the team! :agree:

sambajustice
19-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I think folk need to settle down a bit and stop getting carried away!

These players most folk are talking about would all be top earners probably more than what stokes, riordan, Miller are getting. Its not a bottmless pit! There's obviously cash there for at least one new face as we had bids for Arfield turned down but I think that talk of getting in like 3 or 4 players in January is a bit ridiculous.

One thing is obvious, we need a Centre half now and will even more so once Bamba is away to Africa in January. I think top of the shopping list has to be a defender.

Leith Green
19-10-2009, 03:20 PM

Too Similar how?? Yes they are both well over 6 feet tall, white,and football players, but to brand their playing style similar is laughable to be quite honest ..

Kyle will prove a real handful in the air for any defender as he did on Saturday (although Bamba just about won it in the end) , whereas Nish seems to lose height when he jumps and almost always comes of second against his marker ..

Kyle can take a ball on his chest or feet and use his strength to hold the ball in and then link up the play, Nish doesnt do this as he is bullied out of possesion more often than not..

Colin Nish is a decent penalty box striker ..

Kyle is an out and out target man and good one at that, Colin Nish is not !

Ritchie
19-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Too Similar how?? Yes they are both well over 6 feet tall, white,and football players, but to brand their playing style similar is laughable to be quite honest ..

Kyle will prove a real handful in the air for any defender as he did on Saturday (although Bamba just about won it in the end) , whereas Nish seems to lose height when he jumps and almost always comes of second against his marker ..

Kyle can take a ball on his chest or feet and use his strength to hold the ball in and then link up the play, Nish doesnt do this as he is bullied out of possesion more often than not..

Colin Nish is a decent penalty box striker ..

Kyle is an out and out target man and good one at that, Colin Nish is not !

id agree with all of that.

he had a poor game against us on saturday but that was down to bamba being his excellent usual self.

id take kyle over nish any day of the week!!! :agree:

Cropley10
19-10-2009, 04:06 PM

Voltz has signed for someone has he not?

What about the boy from Arsenal - Ayling? Agree we need defenders and Barr and/or Anderson could be just the ticket

As for Murray - him being out of contract and free to (pre)sign for anyone in January keeps me awake at night. Ian Murray is a Hibee and truly deserves a decent 3 year contract.

Dibben
19-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Voltz has signed for someone has he not?

What about the boy from Arsenal - Ayling? Agree we need defenders and Barr and/or Anderson could be just the ticket

As for Murray - him being out of contract and free to (pre)sign for anyone in January keeps me awake at night. Ian Murray is a Hibee and truly deserves a decent 3 year contract.

Agree with that - although i'm sure Murray will be offered a new deal soon... I just hope he signs it!

BH.

Billychaotic182
19-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Agree with that - although i'm sure Murray will be offered a new deal soon... I just hope he signs it!

BH.

There is a sign in the FF stand off Ian Murray calling easter road home so i feel like he will sign a new deal :agree:

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2009, 04:46 PM
id agree with all of that.

he had a poor game against us on saturday but that was down to bamba being his excellent usual self.

id take kyle over nish any day of the week!!! :agree:

I'd even take Danni before Nish.

Dashing Bob S
19-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd stick in cheeky bid for Wallace. Los Yambolinos are so skint and desperate I wouldn't rule them out wanting to do business.

007 Mickey Weir
19-10-2009, 06:29 PM
I'd stick in cheeky bid for Wallace. Los Yambolinos are so skint and desperate I wouldn't rule them out wanting to do business.

or Jason Thomson the RB. He is a Hibs fan I hear!!:greengrin

007 Mickey Weir
19-10-2009, 06:30 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moritz_Volz

Still a free agent!!

jgl07
19-10-2009, 08:47 PM
I actually think our squad is pretty much sorted right now. Happy with every position and the reserve players we have. Couple pre contract signings would do for me in January with no exits.
They need a centre half to cover the absence of Bamba in January and to replace him when he moves on for big money after the World Cup.

HIBERNIAN 1875
19-10-2009, 09:41 PM
He is indeed a hibby. :agree:

brydekirk
19-10-2009, 09:55 PM

jasons not a hibby and his younger brother craig is a better player :agree: