http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8312453.stm

Aye right. 5% more like.

I think the stats man spent the 2nd half in the bar

BonnieFitbaTeam
17-10-2009, 09:47 PM

Aye right. 5% more like.

They obviously included all the time that the ball spent in the air, as Fat Jumbo's lads hoofed the ball up to Kyle, Sammon and Invincible at every available opportunity !

iwasthere1972
17-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Aye right. 5% more like.

SPL site says it was 57% 43%

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.asp?page=s24_1_1&workingDate=2009-10-17

down the slope
17-10-2009, 10:20 PM
In the BBC interview J J thought that they were the best in the first half !, maroon tinted glasses methinks.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Don't pay any attention to the stats on the BBC site. :bitchy:

It's the same site that said Hearts had 68% possession against the sheep. :rolleyes:

Dibben
18-10-2009, 07:33 AM
In the BBC interview J J thought that they were the best in the first half !, maroon tinted glasses methinks.

:bitchy:

He also said that the dodgy penalty decision robbed them of the point that they deserved...

:wtf:

BH.

Part/Time Supporter
18-10-2009, 08:36 AM

Aye right. 5% more like.

BBC has Falkirk 92% - 8% St. Mirren possession

:dizzy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8309967.stm

3pm
18-10-2009, 08:36 AM
In the minority here, possibly of 1, but Hibs were not great yesterday. We were poor in the 1st half and although we dominated the 2nd half, we didn't create a lot and rarely worked Mark Brown.

The lack of a dominant centre half and any genuine pace throughout the team is a concern for me. As ****3 as Rangers are, I'll be amazed to get a point next week if we play like we did yesterday....to me, the performances should be far better than they are for the quality of the 11 we put on the park.

I am told that Hughes acknowledges that there is work to be done with certain players...I hope it comes to fruition shortly as there will be no 1-0 struggles against your Killie's anymore.

3rd is there to be taken. We have a great chance, I just hope we don't blow it.

Sas_The_Hibby
18-10-2009, 09:28 AM
In the minority here, possibly of 1, but Hibs were not great yesterday. We were poor in the 1st half and although we dominated the 2nd half, we didn't create a lot and rarely worked Mark Brown.

The lack of a dominant centre half and any genuine pace throughout the team is a concern for me. As ****3 as Rangers are, I'll be amazed to get a point next week if we play like we did yesterday....to me, the performances should be far better than they are for the quality of the 11 we put on the park.

I am told that Hughes acknowledges that there is work to be done with certain players...I hope it comes to fruition shortly as there will be no 1-0 struggles against your Killie's anymore.

Good post. Though I certainly think we deserved the win yesterday, we would only have had ourselves to blame if we hadn't managed to break down a stodgy, but hardly brilliant, defence. Better opposition strikers would also show up our defence.

I think we're a little fortunate to be in the position we are at the moment - we could easily have dropped points against St Mirren, Falkirk, St Johnstone and yesterday - but I think the overall performances are improving. Our defence is, despite a great performance from Bamba yesterday, still a serious matter for concern.

Hibs7
18-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Good post. Though I certainly think we deserved the win yesterday, we would only have had ourselves to blame if we hadn't managed to break down a stodgy, but hardly brilliant, defence. Better opposition strikers would also show up our defence.

Our defence is, despite a great performance from Bamba yesterday, still a serious matter for concern.

Talked to Yogi yesterday and he knows that but said he can't really do anything till the transfer window opens, he is also trying to get the 4 strikers to work harder and track back, you can see it is working they were all fighting for the ball yesterday, big disappointment for me was Miller, non existant yesterday ?

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Talked to Yogi yesterday and he knows that but said he can't really do anything till the transfer window opens, he is also trying to get the 4 strikers to work harder and track back, you can see it is working they were all fighting for the ball yesterday, big disappointment for me was Miller, non existant yesterday ?

Seeing Riordan drop back disappointed me a little.

Its good for some players to track back and help out the defence... but not an out and out goal scorer.

Riordan should always have his eyes set on goal.

greenlex
18-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Only problem yesterday was trying to walk the ball into the net.
Have a shot FFS. :grr: We will get something next week even if it is "just" a point.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Spot on,:top marks we said as much after the game. It was a good 3 points, but we can play better. My mate said what a difference from last season though, if that had been last season, we would have said it was one of our best performances, but expectations are higher now, we are expecting to beat teams like Killie, and play better. Thats progress for you.:thumbsup:

Owain_1987
19-10-2009, 02:31 AM

Do not agree with this I thought Miller played well especially in the second half.

Hibercelona
19-10-2009, 02:33 AM
Do not agree with this I thought Miller played well especially in the second half.

I thought he was ok... but not one of his better performances so far.

Owain_1987
19-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I thought he was ok... but not one of his better performances so far.

Aye maybe but he was not poor.

Hibs7
19-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Aye maybe but he was not poor.
Opinions eh, I was expecting a lot more after the rave reviews he was getting as I hadn't seen him play, yesterday he just didn't seem to control the game as other people were saying he did in earlier games, hence my disappointment.

Steve20
19-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Miller had an ok game. He is not going to control every single match that he plays in.

matty_f
19-10-2009, 08:17 AM
Spot on,:top marks we said as much after the game. It was a good 3 points, but we can play better. My mate said what a difference from last season though, if that had been last season, we would have said it was one of our best performances, but expectations are higher now, we are expecting to beat teams like Killie, and play better. Thats progress for you.:thumbsup:

I think we were good in the second half, but just OK in the first. I was at the game, and I watched the BBC highlights and the Hibs TV highlights last night, and in the second half it was just one way traffic.

The pleasing thing about us this season, is that we are creating a chance almost every time we get possession. The problem we had was trying to walk the ball into the net - sometimes we needed someone to just put their foot through the ball and have a shot.

You're spot on with your comparison to last season - that performance yesterday was infinitely better than the majority of games last season and we weren't at our best.