PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown & Celtic

Antifa Hibs
17-10-2009, 07:20 PM
A bet ye Hibs are still ****in pishing themselves at us for this piece of "business". Cant pass, cant shoot, cant header a ball but he can run like forest gump.

He is a complete waste of a shirt.

I was desperate for him to sign and have never been more disappointed by a Celtic signing.

The very worst player in a team of utter *****. I'd take £1m for him come January.

said it at the time........and am saying it again

4.5 mill for this ****ing goat ???.......hibs must have big shop windows, cause they seen us commin from a long way off

total, useless, ****!!

£4.5m, cheers Celtic :faf:

500miles
17-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Imagine Hibs with Broon back!

I look forward to his return.

The Harp Awakes
17-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I think Brown is wrongly played at Celtic. The position he is asked to play stifles his game. At Hibs he was given more freedom and that suited him.

ronaldo7
17-10-2009, 07:39 PM
They were giving Broony and Saint Tony pelters on the radio the night:faf:

ancient hibee
17-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Of course it's the lack of competition that's keeping them back-they want more of it while winning every game easily:confused:

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
The very worst player in a team of utter *****. I'd take £1m for him come January.

Aww... deedums...

I say we help our smelly chums oot and buy him back for 1 million. :agree: :greengrin :wink:

lapsedhibee
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Of course it's the lack of competition that's keeping them back-they want more of it while winning every game easily:confused:

:agree: Ultimately TGFITW need to decide whether they want to win nearly every game or not win nearly every game.

bighairyfaeleith
17-10-2009, 08:02 PM
I thought spurs wanted to buy him for 9million or was that before they drew with the well:confused:

Genuinely can't believe the stupidity of old firm fans at times, thicker than cow ****!!

SouthMoroccoStu
17-10-2009, 08:23 PM
1 million for broonaldo?!?!?!?!?!

Go on then!!!!!

Come on home Scotty! :thumbsup:

Glory glory!!

Sir Mixulot
17-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Its £5.5million actually:nerd:

Winston Ingram
17-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Its £5.5million actually:nerd:
:agree:

MrSmith
17-10-2009, 09:41 PM
:agree:

How?

news to me, please enlighten me!:confused:

Booked4Being-Ugly
17-10-2009, 09:57 PM
Of course Celtic fans are allways welcome to come to Easter Rd to watch Liam Miller, a midfielder with a bit of class that we got for next to nowt! :greengrin

Cool_Hand_Luke
17-10-2009, 10:02 PM
£4.5m, cheers Celtic :faf:

Banner for the next game against them:

CELTC - Hibernians cash cow since 1888

:dunno:

IWasThere2016
17-10-2009, 10:26 PM
They were giving Broony and Saint Tony pelters on the radio the night:faf:

They'd better players to play with/manage when at ER together :agree:

Kato
17-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Banner for the next game against them:

CELTC - Hibernians cash cow since 1888

:dunno:

:greengrin

heretoday
18-10-2009, 01:45 AM
I hate everything. Mmmmmm Prrrr

Expecting Rain
18-10-2009, 07:55 AM
They`ve been trying to turn Brown into Neil Lennon, if they don`t rate Broony then it says it all about their fans, in saying that Hibernian did rather well out of the deal.

weecounty hibby
18-10-2009, 08:13 AM
This sums them up perfectly. No challenge in Scotland = lets move to EPL. Draw at home to Motherwell = disaster. They are a joke along with the Huns. They only want competition if they can make money from it i.e. in England, they don't want it here where it threatens their duopoly and therefore their money making. OF GTF.

Luna_Asylum
18-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Scotty Sambuca Brown is way too fond of the bevvy

weecounty hibby
18-10-2009, 08:31 AM
That may be the case but it doesn't make him a bad player.

joe breezy
18-10-2009, 10:07 AM
AGENTS BROWN AND MOWBRAY. YOU CAN NOW RETURN HOME. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

We could perhaps have the above on a banner end of season when we finish above Celtc?

Iain G
18-10-2009, 10:16 AM
One of the best young players I have seen us produce at Easter Road, career killed by the wrong move for the player (if not financially for us!), thought Mowbray would let him have the freedom he got at Hibs to play his natural game, seems not. :confused:

Hope he can move on to better things and a manager that can see how he should be deployed on a football pitch. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 10:24 AM
They`ve been trying to turn Brown into Neil Lennon, if they don`t rate Broony then it says it all about their fans, in saying that Hibernian did rather well out of the deal.

:top marks The best attacking midfielder i have seen at easter road in 30 years, is now a sitting central midfielder, playing the holding role. WHY?:confused:

snooky
18-10-2009, 11:19 AM
One of the best young players I have seen us produce at Easter Road, career killed by the wrong move for the player (if not financially for us!), thought Mowbray would let him have the freedom he got at Hibs to play his natural game, seems not. :confused:

Hope he can move on to better things and a manager that can see how he should be deployed on a football pitch. :agree:

My personal opinion is that, as far as playing for "the Sellic" is concerned, Broony's heart isn't in it - whereas it was at ER.

He should have waited & gone south, IMO.

Totally agree with the highlighted quote above.

weecounty hibby
18-10-2009, 11:29 AM
IMO he received very bad advice from his agent who was only after a quick easy profit for himself. He should have gone south and I would have rather taken less money from an EPL outfit and seen him become a better player down there rather than watch him stagnate playing for them.

Petrie's Tache
18-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Broony should have went to the likes of Villa, where I am sure he would start ahead of Petrov.

Shrekko
18-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Broony should have went to the likes of Villa, where I am sure he would start ahead of Petrov.

Good point, bad example. Petrov is streets ahead of Broony at present.

I must admit as well- I do laugh when Hibs fans blame Strachan and now Mowbray (!!) for playing him out of position and stunting his development. He did win Player of the Year (albeit in a poor SPL) last season after all.

If he was an attacking midfielder at Hibs then he should have been a heck of a lot more productive.

He is and always will be an 'all rounder'- not brilliant at anything in particular, just all round good. His strength and energy are his 2 main attributes I'd say.

Cracking player but you can maybe see why Celtic fans are thinking they arent quite getting 4.5 millions worth. Although ironically if they sold him tommorow they'd get double that!

cad
18-10-2009, 01:20 PM
I think Brown is wrongly played at Celtic. The position he is asked to play stifles his game. At Hibs he was given more freedom and that suited him.

Spot on ,wasted at Celtic , thing is Mowberry should know how to use him ,but look how many midfield player they have and still struggle , Scottyboy + Aiden McGeady,Landry N'Guemo,Shaun Maloney,Milan Misun, ,Willo Flood, Marc Crosas,
Barry Robson ,Zheng Zhi ,I dont know about you but thats and awful lot of money being payed and getting heehaw for it long may it continue .
Wouldnt mind a wee bid in for Robson I think hes a quality footballer

Billychaotic182
18-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Bring him back lol

Keith_M
18-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Doesn't seem that long since they were gloating about what a bargain he was, as they'd allegedly received an offer of £10m(?) for him two months after he arrived.

Busy Bear
18-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Seems to be lacking in a bit of confidence right now. Possibly due to playing in one of the worst midfields celtic have had in the last few seasons. He does not have the conviction going forward, bit too rash in the tackle when going back. I think that he would benefit playing alongside a experienced played to bring him on a bit.

hibiedude
19-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Scott is a great player and when he moves away from Celtic and his new club play him in the correct position only then will scot show what he's all about.

Can't believe people thinking he is a dud because he's the best we've had at our club in years.

heretoday
19-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Bring him back lol

Bring him back and Hibs will rule the FUR - ken world!

Up the Totts by the way!

Phil MaGlass
19-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Another reason for our up and coming stars of the future not to go to the OF.

Booked4Being-Ugly
19-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Yeah well, it wasn't that long ago that Celtic fans were saying that Aiden McGeady
was worth 12 million! So in relative terms, Celtic fans are just a bunch of greetin
faced bassas that know Rafael Scheidt. Quite enjoy the fact that their feeder club
banner has came back to haunt them! :shhhsh!:

Franck is God
19-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Falkirk and Motherwell fans thought that Kevin Mcbride was pish and laughed when we signed him.

Scott Brown is possibly Scotlands best player right now and if he's not doing it for Celtic then he's either not fit or being asked to do a job on the pitch he's not suited to.

I thought that he might have been heading for the Premiership in the summer but probably hung about when Mowbray arrived thinking that he'd get to be the strong running attacking midfielder he was at Hibs rather than the holding position he's currently doing, if that was what they wanted then KT was the player they should have signed.

MussiHibee
19-10-2009, 11:38 AM

Exactly. When he gets to float between midfield and strikers he is exceptional. When he picks up the ball and runs at players he is great.

MB62
19-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Exactly. When he gets to float between midfield and strikers he is exceptional. When he picks up the ball and runs at players he is great.

A bit like Benji's new role for us. :thumbsup:
Who needs Broonaldo?