PDA

View Full Version : McBride

The Harp Awakes
17-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Turning out to be a great signing. Seems to stroll through games effortlessly and hardly ever gives the ball away. Looks a class act.

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 07:13 PM
And to think we all doubted him when he first signed, been very pleasently surprised :agree:

HibbyAndy
17-10-2009, 07:16 PM
How old is this laddie?

RoYO!
gets about and constantly looks for the ball, gives the other hibs players a hard time if he thinks there not working which this team really needs considering the amount of flair that is in it.

Dibben
:agree:

Starting to look like Falkirk know 'Falkirk' about football...

BH.

Dibben
17-10-2009, 07:17 PM
gets about and constantly looks for the ball, gives the other hibs players a hard time if he thinks there not working which this team really needs considering the amount of flair that is in it.

He's the unofficial captain!!

BH.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2009, 07:19 PM
How old is this laddie?

He's 28.

HibbyAndy
17-10-2009, 07:21 PM
He's 28.

:aok:

Thecat23
17-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Turning out to be a great signing. Seems to stroll through games effortlessly and hardly ever gives the ball away. Looks a class act.

Spot on mate, this is a player who i won't lie was thinking, another Falkirk player we could do without. I'm happy to hold my hands up and say well done for showing me and a few others how wrong we are. Good on the ball, works very hard off the ball and keeps the players on there toes. Keep it up :thumbsup:

ronaldo7
17-10-2009, 07:29 PM
He's been Yogi's constant from the first game in Selkirk.

He pulls the strings from deep in the Midfield and has looked a class act. Nearly always finds his man with a pass and does his part with the defending

Great buy:thumbsup::wink:

1875er
17-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Absolutely outstanding again today and deserves a mention. Well done Kevin... keep it up... to me he is the first name on the teamsheet just now.

Taz_hibee
17-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Absolutely outstanding again today and deserves a mention. Well done Kevin... keep it up... to me he is the first name on the teamsheet just now.

:thumbsup:

PISTOL1875
17-10-2009, 08:19 PM

Ahead of Zemmana ???? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

thebakerboy
17-10-2009, 08:23 PM
I agree in fact I started a thread some time ago that he reminded me of a certain Paddy Stanton of this ilk , in style at least if not quite the talent. But he does play with his head up(ZOUMA PLEASE NOTE) and is an excellant foil for Liam Miller. In fact I would make him MOM today.

1875er
17-10-2009, 08:25 PM

Yep I would say so....... he does all the covering and mopping up that allows players like Zemmama to play..

I actually thought Zemmama was a bit too greedy today... still played well but needs to have a bit more awareness of where his team mates are at times.

Still not a bad discussion to be having is it!!

Hiber-nation
17-10-2009, 08:26 PM

Each to their own position. The best holding midfielder in the SPL at the moment. Plays the role to perfection. Why all these Falkirk and Motherwell fans decided he was the whipping boy I've no idea, lack of football knowledge possibly....

1875er
17-10-2009, 08:26 PM
I agree in fact I started a thread some time ago that he reminded me of a certain Paddy Stanton of this ilk , in style at least if not quite the talent. But he does play with his head up(ZOUMA PLEASE NOTE) and is an excellant foil for Liam Miller. In fact I would make him MOM today.

Yep he would have been my MOM today too...

cleanyman
17-10-2009, 08:28 PM
McBride is a football legend.
I wasnt impressed when we signed him simply because of what i heard from a Falkirk friend of mine but hes been superb for Hibs.

fife hfc
17-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Would be my Man of the match just ahead of bamba. he may not be as talented as some of his team mates but he isa team player. He covers a hell of alot of ground and team mates, his distribution is sinple but effective and to my surprise he is now an important member of the first eleven.

Cropley10
17-10-2009, 09:04 PM
Liked KMcB from the very first game of the season, if I'm being honest!:greengrin
Thought he gave us what we never had last season, a genuine midfielder who's always available and almost always plays the 'right' ball' - which sometimes means short and square.

But it's him AND Miller that I'm enjoying watching.

In Yogi I (now) trust.:thumbsup:

hibbie02
17-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I have to say I love the idea of a McBride in the Hibs team. :cool2:

Winston Ingram
17-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Signing of the summer for me. Hasn't wasted a pass since he's got here:agree:

Kato
17-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Wants to play for us.

Is delighted when we score.

Does the simple things well and has zero ego problems.

First name on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned. We haven't had a grafter like this since Des Bremner.

Kaiser_Sauzee
17-10-2009, 10:04 PM
McBride is a football legend.
I wasnt impressed when we signed him simply because of what i heard from a Falkirk friend of mine but hes been superb for Hibs.

We're going to have to make up some new superlatives for Baker, Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, Ormond et al if this is the case.

Pedantic_Hibee
17-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Wants to play for us.

Is delighted when we score.

Does the simple things well and has zero ego problems.

First name on the team sheet as far as I'm concerned. We haven't had a grafter like this since Des Bremner.

:top marks

Onceinawhile
17-10-2009, 10:14 PM
He's a bit boring though :agree:

Good performances week in, week out, zero ego :yawn:

The_Sauz
17-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Should have been in the Scotland team against Japan before Calamity :agree:

Kevvy1875
17-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Mcbride reminds me of Barry Ferguson, similar kind of player? I know we all despise the wee twat Fergie the Fudd and he is the most overated scottish player in recent times but nevertheless he is a decent player(just not to the standard of Beckenbaur as the Huns would have you believe). So yeah...head up, simple passes in midfield even if it is to the side back or whatever....keeps possesion and you start again.

Thought we were patient today and it did pay off if a little fortunate.....better than watching the "direct" style under Mixu tho:thumbsup:

archiebald
17-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Would not even get in the the team if Pat Stanton was still about,never mind lace his boots.:thumbsup:

Bishop Hibee
17-10-2009, 11:12 PM
He's been excellent. Wondered what we were getting especially when Falkirk fans were delighted to get rid but he rarely wastes a ball and reads the game really well. Well done Yogi for signing him up.

lucky
17-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I think he has improved since Cregg went out the team and Miller came in. His work rate is excellent and very rarely gives the ball away. I wish he could teach Hogg to pass, starting with the arm band

weedgiehibbie
17-10-2009, 11:22 PM
He's the type of midfield player most football teams need, someone how sits, wins the ball then plays a simple - no nonsence - easy ball to someone more creative to work their magic :agree:

seems like we've found someone to fill the "Matty Jack role" to some extent :greengrin

Onceinawhile
17-10-2009, 11:55 PM
reminds me of the colour beige, completely needed, but dull dull dull

poolman
18-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Mcbride reminds me of Barry Ferguson, similar kind of player? I know we all despise the wee twat Fergie the Fudd and he is the most overated scottish player in recent times but nevertheless he is a decent player(just not to the standard of Beckenbaur as the Huns would have you believe). So yeah...head up, simple passes in midfield even if it is to the side back or whatever....keeps possesion and you start again.

Thought we were patient today and it did pay off if a little fortunate.....better than watching the "direct" style under Mixu tho:thumbsup:

bollox:bye:

Haymaker
18-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Boy does what he needs to do, maybe at falkirk and other places he was told to do things he couldnt... But he seems to collect, pass and support and allow miller, Zouma, riordan et al to go forward. Sometimes all a team hinges upon is a player who can collect and start a movement rather than a player who can only finish one.

caithnesshibee
18-10-2009, 04:42 AM
He's 28.

Like all good heartd people. I Imagine.:greengrin

Expecting Rain
18-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Excellent signing, is a pivotal player in the Hibs team.

Hibbyradge
18-10-2009, 07:59 AM
And to think we all doubted him when he first signed, been very pleasently surprised :agree:

:tsk tsk:

He was my man of the match yesterday.

BroxburnHibee
18-10-2009, 08:04 AM
:tsk tsk:

He was my man of the match yesterday.

matty_f
18-10-2009, 08:30 AM
McBride has been a revelation since he joined Hibs. I have to say I knew little about him from his Falkirk days, other than the fans didn't like him.

I thought he was a good candidate for man of the match yesterday, as he has been for the majority of games he's played this season.

Dibben
18-10-2009, 08:37 AM
McBride has been a revelation since he joined Hibs. I have to say I knew little about him from his Falkirk days, other than the fans didn't like him.

I thought he was a good candidate for man of the match yesterday, as he has been for the majority of games he's played this season.

To think that Eddie May stated that Hibs could have these guys as he didn't want them anyway! Egg on his face considering how poor his team is right now!

BH.

Golden Bear
18-10-2009, 08:56 AM

:no way:

Er - some of you certainly did. The poor guy was torn to shreds before he'd even kicked a ball for us!

A lesson to be learnt for many posters on here I hope.

:thumbsup:

BEEJ
18-10-2009, 09:09 AM
A player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Reads the game well, makes timely tackles and interceptions and rarely wastes a ball.

Very impressed with him yesterday. :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
18-10-2009, 09:44 AM
A player who always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Reads the game well, makes timely tackles and interceptions and rarely wastes a ball.

Very impressed with him yesterday. :thumbsup:

Fabulous bit of tidy up play towards the end of the 1st half in right back area.

Does simple things well, very effective player for us.