PDA

View Full Version : boy who chored the ba'

I'm_cabbaged
17-10-2009, 06:53 PM
For those not at the game, into the last minute of injury time the ba' went into the famous five for a Killie bye kick, a laddie grabbed the ba' and ran down the exit with it. :thumbsup:

Best I've seen since the boy ran half way up the terracing and booted it away. :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 06:55 PM
Not funny, clever or smart IMO, the ref's just as likely to add on another minute, for the 20 seconds wasted............ :rolleyes:

Swoosh
17-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Not funny, clever or smart IMO, the ref's just as likely to add on another minute, for the 20 seconds wasted............ :rolleyes:

Bah, i thought it was brilliant. Hats off to the lad :top marks

Got to laugh at something eh :thumbsup:

dp00
17-10-2009, 06:59 PM
and cost hibs £50 quid to replace it

lucky
17-10-2009, 07:00 PM

it is funny, clever and smart even better some wee leither has got a decent ball :thumbsup:

cocopops1875
17-10-2009, 07:00 PM

didnt see i but fair play £70 for one of those( maybe he is gonna give it to the yams :wink:)

Carheenlea
17-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Picure 100 on the pictures from todays game thread shows the scene after he bolted down the tunnel. He was way too quick to be captured in the act!

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 07:04 PM
if it was at tynie that would be funny, but its stealing from your own team...

plus that would probably be enough to tip the yams balance sheet over the edge :devil:

i remember standing in line waiting to by my adult season ticket and the guy behind me was whispering 'you not got a friend wi a student card....:grr:

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 07:07 PM

You wouldn't have been laughing if Killie had scored in additional injury time added on................ oh, okay, I'm being a pompous old git! :greengrin

sauzee
17-10-2009, 07:09 PM

lighten up for gods sake,you can go back to your poll bearers job on monday:bitchy::bitchy:

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 07:11 PM
lighten up for gods sake,you can go back to your poll bearers job on monday:bitchy::bitchy:

I can't, I'm on holiday next week. Anyway, it's pallbearer, I'll have you know and I love my work - in a miserable sort of way, you understand! :greengrin

ronaldo7
17-10-2009, 07:17 PM
Most around us in the West upper had a laugh about it.

Anybody want to buy a baw?

Nando™
17-10-2009, 07:18 PM

plus that would probably be enough to tip the yams balance sheet over the edge :devil:

i remember standing in line waiting to by my adult season ticket and the guy behind me was whispering 'you not got a friend wi a student card....:grr:
Big deal, at least these people are actually going to games, getting a wee discount could be difference between going and no for some people.

crash
17-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Steals a match ball from the club whilst causing us unnecessary risk to valuable league points. Forgive me if I don't partake in this deification.

MSK
17-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Steals a match ball from the club whilst causing us unnecessary risk to valuable league points. Forgive me if I don't partake in this deification.Are we really that desperate that we cant afford to replace a match ****ing ball !!!!

Deary me !!!!

I'm_cabbaged
17-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Fek me, the laddie thought he was doin us a favour and havin a laugh. Thank christ I'm no young anymore, ye's would have me locked up. :bitchy:

sahib
17-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Are we really that desperate that we cant afford to replace a match ****ing ball !!!!

Deary me !!!!

A good birching followed by transportation would teach this young thief a thing or two.

MSK
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
A good birching followed by transportation would teach this young thief a thing or two.At the very least ..how dare he !!!

hibsbollah
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
it is funny, clever and smart even better some wee leither has got a decent ball :thumbsup:

:agree:

copycat
17-10-2009, 07:53 PM

what the **** are you gibbering aboot

bighairyfaeleith
17-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Steals a match ball from the club whilst causing us unnecessary risk to valuable league points. Forgive me if I don't partake in this deification.

:dummytit:

bighairyfaeleith
17-10-2009, 07:55 PM

:thumbsup:

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 07:56 PM
He got a very decent Hibs ball which he is most likely to train with very hard each day and night with.... only to become fantastic and break into the Hibs first team as soon as he hits 16 which will then spur him on to win us the league and the Scottish cup for many years to come...

So lets all agree that he's done the club a huge favour. :cool2:

Titch
17-10-2009, 08:29 PM
He got a very decent Hibs ball which he is most likely to train with very hard each day and night with.... only to become fantastic and break into the Hibs first team as soon as he hits 16 which will then spur him on to win us the league and the Scottish cup for many years to come...

i told him i'd give him £30 cash if he managed to get me one didn't think i'd have it so soon:wink:

MyJo
17-10-2009, 08:30 PM
i laughed :greengrin

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 08:32 PM

so it would seem that there are a lot of people out there who are scamming the club then? with student STs who arent students?

MSK
17-10-2009, 08:36 PM
so it would seem that there are a lot of people out there who are scamming the club then? with student STs who arent students?Yip ..but whats that got to do wi some kid knocking a baw !!

lEXO
17-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Missed it, but wished i,d seen it.Agree with the op who said that hopefully a wee Hibby got a match ball to knock about with his mates.
Some people on here need to lighten up a bit FFS. It,s not as if he,s wrecked a seat or vandalised ER, he grabbed a match ball.I like his opportunism,and by reading the description of what happened, if our strikers were as sharp as he was today, we would have got a few more goals.:wink:

lEXO
17-10-2009, 08:43 PM
so it would seem that there are a lot of people out there who are scamming the club then? with student STs who arent students?
Mibbe thats the only way they can afford a season ticket.The club are still getting cash, and lets face it with the empty seats at ER it,s not as if their doing somebody out of a seat.Might not sound right to some,but i,d much rather a Hibby who cannae afford it, gets to the games if this is their only way.

lEXO
17-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Yip ..but whats that got to do wi some kid knocking a baw !!
Nowt

ArabHibee
17-10-2009, 08:50 PM

:hmmm:

:cool2:

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Right.... cough the ball up son...

Your reverse phycology fails. :cool2: :wink:

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Yip ..but whats that got to do wi some kid knocking a baw !!

read original post...

both imo boil down to stealing from your club

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:03 PM
i know what your saying, its good to fill seats, but id rather not be dishonest.

that is all

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 09:05 PM
read original post...

Ack... git away.

Nobody would be making anything of this if it happened a couple of decades ago.

Oh aye... i'm sure the laddie really hurt the club by taking a ball. :yawn:

Good on the laddie... it gives him something that he can hold onto for many years to come.

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Ack... git away.

Nobody would be making anything of this if it happened a couple of decades ago.

Oh aye... i'm sure the laddie really hurt the club by taking a ball. :yawn:

Good on the laddie... it gives him something that he can hold onto for many years to come.

did i say that? people were lauding his efforts and i was disagreeing along with others i might add

that is all.

Hainan Hibs
17-10-2009, 09:12 PM
Cannae believe some of the reactions to that:faf:

Luna_Asylum
17-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i laughed :greengrin

me too it was brilliant

MSK
17-10-2009, 09:14 PM
read original post...

both imo boil down to stealing from your clubWait ...5090 ..aw ..i see it now ...

Buggers, how so dare they !!

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Wait ...5090 ..aw ..i see it now ...

Buggers, how so dare they !!

not worked up, just dont agree, if you want to string this out go for it

MSK
17-10-2009, 09:23 PM
not worked up, just dont agree, if you want to string this out go for itEh ..?..i never said you were worked up ..:confused:

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:27 PM
Eh ..?..i never said you were worked up ..:confused:

ok i'll withdraw that then.

1875godsgift
17-10-2009, 09:27 PM

Will he give us the ball back then?

MSK
17-10-2009, 09:31 PM
ok i'll withdraw that then.Baws !! ye have got me worked up now after accusing me o accusing you o being worked up !!! :grr:

:greengrin

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Baws !! ye have got me worked up now after accusing me o accusing you o being worked up !!! :grr:

haha sorry not intentional :wink:

MSK
17-10-2009, 09:32 PM
haha sorry not intentional :wink::greengrin

lEXO
17-10-2009, 09:34 PM
i know what your saying, its good to fill seats, but id rather not be dishonest.

that is all
Well dont do it then.You can obviously afford it, but not being able to afford the full price for a ST, but paying what you can into the club,might be dishonest to you(and maybe others).I on the other hand have stated my thoughts that i would rather see a fuller ER with Hibby,s than not.The wee guy today was an opportunist,the ST thing is hopefully a necessity.
I was unemployed for a bit and could,nt afford my ST, and if i could have done this i would have.

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Well dont do it then.You can obviously afford it, but not being able to afford the full price for a ST, but paying what you can into the club,might be dishonest to you(and maybe others).I on the other hand have stated my thoughts that i would rather see a fuller ER with Hibby,s than not.The wee guy today was an opportunist,the ST thing is hopefully a necessity.
I was unemployed for a bit and could,nt afford my ST, and if i could have done this i would have.

fair enough and i agree that the more there the better.

jakki
17-10-2009, 10:07 PM
If it all helps you lot decrying the wee lad wi the ball, I'll offer to pay for the replacement oota my OAP. I had a right laugh listening to HI telling us about his exit and could imagine him running along Albion Road wi the ball under his Juke.:greengrin

FRes Hibbie
17-10-2009, 10:13 PM
read original post...

God you're a miserable

IWasThere2016
17-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm playing a boy Rodders at pool online .. he's moaning like f*** aboot some boy stealing his baw the day!

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 10:44 PM
God you're a miserable

im actually not but cheers for the insult pal.

is it a major offence? no.

do i agree that when a ball goes into the crowd its funny that it gets nicked..... no.

for some reason thats become a major talking point

jakki
17-10-2009, 11:02 PM

do i agree that when a ball goes into the crowd its funny that it gets nicked..... no.

for some reason thats become a major talking pointWe're not talking about an adult, we're talking about a wee lad who takes a chance and runs off with it.Good luck to him. It's not that it happens every game.I for one had a good laugh and offered to pay for a replacement and I'm sure that some will join me in this contribution to a new match ball.

Its not often that us Hibees have a laugh during games :thumbsup:

lucky
17-10-2009, 11:16 PM

for some reason thats become a major talking point

Are you Victor Meldrew? Chill out. A boy steals a ball so what. Some guys have student tickets so what. It must be great to live a life where you do no wrong and teach the world what your moral code is. Personally you sound like a total who needs to get a life

Hibee_Rab
18-10-2009, 12:08 AM
Are you Victor Meldrew? Chill out. A boy steals a ball so what. Some guys have student tickets so what. It must be great to live a life where you do no wrong and teach the world what your moral code is. Personally you sound like a total who needs to get a life

Whereas you sound great abusing a guy on the interent. A this thread says is that a wee boy nicked a ball and some of us found it funny and others did not. Can't we all just get along:hnet:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Whereas you sound great abusing a guy on the interent. A this thread says is that a wee boy nicked a ball and some of us found it funny and others did not. Can't we all just get along:hnet:

We're hibbys...... nuff said. :devil:

thekaratekid
18-10-2009, 04:53 AM
couple of seasons ago the ball came flying into the terracing. Some guy lept to his feet and headed the ball back :greengrin

lapsedhibee
18-10-2009, 07:15 AM
couple of seasons ago the ball came flying into the terracing. Some guy lept to his feet and headed the ball back :greengrin

Personally thought that was an absolute ******* disgrace, and not in the least bit big or clever. Why couldn't he have simply caught the ball and thrown it back, rather than showing off like that? :grr:

Sprouleflyer
18-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Got to admit, I found it very funny!!!!

RoYO!
18-10-2009, 08:33 AM

like i said, im not worked up, this is what i think and for whatever reason some people arent able to deal with the fact that at times some peoples opinions will differ from theirs.

erm... deal with it...

oh and deal with it without the personal insults next time perhaps? no? ..... just a thought :wink:

Brizo
18-10-2009, 08:47 AM
A similar incident occurred in the East Terrazio this season vs iirc DUFC. This prompted 4 or 5 stewards plus a polis overseer to come onto the East and scrutinise the crowd for signs of a ball stuck up someones jumper. They even had a spotter up on the gantry :greengrin. Thankfully the crimimal was apprehended and as expected it wasnt Raffles just a bairn about ten years old.

Back in the day if a ball went over the back of the uncovered East it was open season for ball thieves and we must have lost countless balls over a season. I guess it shows how civilised the games become if stewards and polis have nothing better to do than mount a full scale surveillence operation :devil: to recover a baw.

aljo7-0
18-10-2009, 08:56 AM
At the St Mirren game at the start of the season I was sitting with my brother in the Lower West when the ball came flying towards us. He caught the ball cleanly and to my amazement (and despite having a suitably oversized jumper on and being off an age that a large pot belly would simply be an acknowledged trophy for years on the beers rather than being a jumper stuffed with a ball) he threw it back. Some people huh! :wink: :greengrin

One Day Soon
18-10-2009, 09:06 AM
On the one hand this costs the club money, sets a bad example for others, is wrong in principal and could have landed him in hot (or at least slightly warm) water.

On the other hand this was a stirring act of derring-do, an expression of youthful bravado and enthusiasm at its best and it was downright funny. The culprit will slowly reflect on his act and understand that in life you gradually learn from a series of near misses whch form your character and allow you to become the person you were supposed to be.

How old was he?

Anyway, what would Holden Caulfield think? He'd think all those crazy football guys got pretty upset about some crummy ball and all, what a bunch of phonies.

Petrie's Tache
18-10-2009, 09:27 AM
If it all helps you lot decrying the wee lad wi the ball, I'll offer to pay for the replacement oota my OAP. I had a right laugh listening to HI telling us about his exit and could imagine him running along Albion Road wi the ball under his Juke.:greengrin

Once again Mary you have proven to be an excellent human with a great understanding of lifes values and indeed the younger generation. I'll chip in with Mary for the ball should arise, sorry strike that I'll pay for the ball so Mary dosen't need to dip her pension.

I never notice how many sanctimoniuos phuds we had on this website until this post. FFS get a grip guys.:grr:

Peevemor
18-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Once again Mary you have proven to be an excellent human with a great understanding of lifes values and indeed the younger generation. I'll chip in with Mary for the ball should arise, sorry strike that I'll pay for the ball so Mary dosen't need to dip her pension.

I never notice how many sanctimoniuos phuds we had on this website until this post. FFS get a grip guys.:grr:

:top marks

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 09:41 AM

Aye, and next you'll say it's fine when this young lad is stealing your pegs, or smashing your caravan windaes eh!!!!!

:wink:

Wilson
18-10-2009, 10:24 AM
The lad who stole the ball is a rat thief and his parents should be ashamed.

That is all. :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
18-10-2009, 10:32 AM
We're not talking about an adult, we're talking about a wee lad who takes a chance and runs off with it.Good luck to him. It's not that it happens every game.I for one had a good laugh and offered to pay for a replacement and I'm sure that some will join me in this contribution to a new match ball.

Its not often that us Hibees have a laugh during games :thumbsup:

I'm paying nout towards the stolen ball. I pay more than enough to Hibs with my Student season ticket. :whistle:

Nae need for the personal insults. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you don't agree then express yourself in a better manner than slinging insults at people.

RoYO!
18-10-2009, 10:34 AM
im quite amazed that some people on here are so outraged that they need to resort to personal insults, just because i disagree with them. its a point of view and thats what this board is for... or not.

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 10:36 AM
im quite amazed that some people on here are so outraged that they need to resort to personal insults, just because i disagree with them. its a point of view and thats what this board is for... or not.

aye piss off!!!

bighairyfaeleith
18-10-2009, 10:37 AM

RoYO!
18-10-2009, 10:39 AM

MSK
18-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Guys, if you dont agree wi the op feel free & say so but please dont resort to petty name calling, its totally uncalled for & becoming a bit pathetic ..

jakedance
18-10-2009, 11:11 AM
We've got a fair few miseries on this thread. Lighten up for christsakes.

I thought it was funny as ****.

lEXO
18-10-2009, 01:13 PM
Aye, fair do,s. Might not agree with you, but at least we made our points without insults. Not like some of the other dicks on here eh! oops :wink:

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Didn't expect this to turn into a slagging match. :rolleyes:

Can i change the title to the "Boy who ran away with the ball instead of giving it to the Killie keeper in injury time."

Anyways, did he outsprint the sterward that chased him or did he get captured? :confused: :greengrin

HibbyAndy
18-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Christ, imaging getting aw hot and bothered over a laddie stealing a baw FFS:bitchy::bitchy:

Big wows.

Walter
18-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I thought it was hilarious, brilliant.

MrRobot
18-10-2009, 01:59 PM

Fans are getting scammed paying £24 per match. :agree:

Would you rather that we had 7,000* fans paying full amount or some taken a discount if they can so they can afford to go and us getting 9,000* at a game.

We should be lowering the price. With us winning and looking possible to split the old firm, we should be getting more and more fans to games. Reducing Category B & C games to tenner a kid, £15 for an adult. Much more fans at the game.

£24 a week is alot for some people to pay.

*Figures obviously for arguments sake; we'll obviously get much more. :greengrin

For the people moaning Kilmarnock COULD have scored in the added minutes, they didnt so get over it. Wee kid has got a ball that not many other people will have(since its a club one) and we won the game.Cheer up.

hibbiedon
18-10-2009, 03:11 PM

Next we will be applauding people shoplifting from the club shop

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 03:19 PM

If you're in the know I''ll take a L&S for half bat. (the light green striped one.) :duck:

MSK
18-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Next we will be applauding people shoplifting from the club shopMatch balls have went missing before/during/after games for many a year with hardly a peep said about it ..why all the hysteria now !! :confused:

Unbelievable !!!

hibsbollah
18-10-2009, 03:40 PM

I hope (for your own sake) that you're on the windup:confused: If not, you win the 1st Prize Rosette for Downright Joyless TornFacery 2009:violin:

Wilson
18-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Match balls have went missing before/during/after games for many a year with hardly a peep said about it ..why all the hysteria now !! :confused:

Unbelievable !!!

Ask the OP. If it is such a common occurrence why cream himself over the incident and start a thread?

I'm more happy with the concept that the ball goes out of play. Someone chucks it back. Game on.

It sort of ties in with the idea of fair play that we're all supposed to be keen on.

I'm wondering where we draw the line. Is every ball that goes out of play fair game or just the ones that go out when we're winning with minutes to play? Is it still funny if it happens to us when we're one nil down away from home?

Perhaps we should just accept it as a one off and not make too much of it. Surely that applies as much to those that are getting off over the incident as much to those wagging their fingers.

RoYO!
18-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Aye, fair do,s. Might not agree with you, but at least we made our points without insults. Not like some of the other dicks on here eh! oops :wink:

:greengrin fair play to you too sir.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 04:11 PM
My first thoughts when the lad did this yesterday, was he was stopping the ball from going straight back to the keeper, he was trying to wast a little time. We laughed out loud watching it.:faf:

Now it appears he has stolen the ball, he should get the birch,:grr: then jailed for a very long time,:grr: then made to live with my ex wife for at least ten years,:grr: that will stop him doing anything as dispicable ever again.:wink:

Keith_M
18-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Now it appears he has stolen the ball, he should get the birch,:grr: then jailed for a very long time,:grr: then made to live with my ex wife for at least ten years,:grr: that will stop him doing anything as dispicable ever again.:wink:

Why let him off so lightly? Buy him a ST for Tynecastle and have done with it. :wink:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Ask the OP. If it is such a common occurrence why cream himself over the incident and start a thread?

I'm more happy with the concept that the ball goes out of play. Someone chucks it back. Game on.

It sort of ties in with the idea of fair play that we're all supposed to be keen on.

I'm wondering where we draw the line. Is every ball that goes out of play fair game or just the ones that go out when we're winning with minutes to play? Is it still funny if it happens to us when we're one nil down away from home?

Perhaps we should just accept it as a one off and not make too much of it. Surely that applies as much to those that are getting off over the incident as much to those wagging their fingers.

Whether we are winning or not... Home or away...

How long do you think it takes them to fling in another ball from the dug out.... a split second...

So the wee laddie chored the ball... It was very quickly resolved...

And i'm sure killie arent going to feel hard done by, by that little daft incident.

Still... I'm happy for the lad... and hope that ball puts a smile on his face.

These days.... the smiles are few and far between... because of old farts that complain about younger people doing this and that.... even although they got away with it at that age!

The_Horde
18-10-2009, 04:41 PM
I blame the parents.

Lock them up. :grr:

Classless. :faf:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 05:06 PM
so it would seem that there are a lot of people out there who are scamming the club then? with student STs who arent students? laugh? ah nearly paid ma poll tax:yawn:

Storar
18-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Totally graceless and classless thing to do :bitchy:

STEALING from the club is not on and if I get my hands on that wee bugger I'll take one of his baws and give it to Mr Petrie as compensation:grr:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 05:11 PM
nearly pished masel laughing ,at the first game in Falkirk's new stadium. the ba' went out the park,on the grangemouth dide and into long grass,wee guy popped up and grabbed it,got clean away wi' a bunch o' well paid:wink:security lads chasing him.:greengrin

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 05:18 PM
I find it humourious how all the daft old codgers are claiming that the club was "scammed" in some way... :greengrin

Especially seeing how half of you snuck in over the fences to get into games at that age. :tsk tsk: :cool2:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I find it humourious how all the daft old codgers are claiming that the club was "scammed" in some way... :greengrin

Especially seeing how half of you snuck in over the fences to get into games at that age. :tsk tsk: :cool2:can you gie me a lift o'er at the next home game mister?:greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Didn't expect this to turn into a slagging match. :rolleyes:

Can i change the title to the "Boy who ran away with the ball instead of giving it to the Killie keeper in injury time."

Anyways, did he outsprint the sterward that chased him or did he get captured? :confused: :greengrin

See the bit in bold, and I was hardly creaming myself over it in my OP. I did think it was amusing watching the bravado of the laddie though and his impetuous decision that the game would be over if he ran away with the ball. What I compared it with was a time when I was younger when the ball went into the old East in injury time and an old boy ran to the top with it and booted it away, still brings a smile to my face.

As for all the whingers, nae wonder the match day experience is getting more sterile year after year, we'll be getting ushered to our seats and looked upon strangely if we start singing soon, wait a minute.........:bitchy:

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 05:31 PM
can you gie me a lift o'er at the next home game mister?:greengrin

Am no Peter Crouch! :greengrin

I'm_cabbaged
18-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Am no Peter Crouch! :greengrin

Bring back the old turnstyles. :grr:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Am no Peter Crouch! :greengrin:greengrin

Nando™
18-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Totally graceless and classless thing to do :bitchy:

STEALING from the club is not on and if I get my hands on that wee bugger I'll take one of his baws and give it to Mr Petrie as compensation:grr:
Animal!

Storar
18-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Animal!

I saw him do it and was about to push him down the stairs but couldn't be arsed getting nicked:bitchy:

Darth Hibbie
18-10-2009, 08:02 PM
DO we actually re-use the match balls? I thought they were only used for one game, don't know why I thought that though.

Hibercelona
18-10-2009, 08:20 PM
DO we actually re-use the match balls? I thought they were only used for one game, don't know why I thought that though.

No danger do they only get used once.

That would just be sheer pointless and a waste of money. :agree:

They get kept in top nick though... :duck:

Nando™
18-10-2009, 08:51 PM
I saw him do it and was about to push him down the stairs but couldn't be arsed getting nicked:bitchy:
I completely believe you brother.

Jack
18-10-2009, 09:02 PM
Do the club actually pay for the balls. I always thought they were sponsored.

Tomsk
18-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I thought it was funny as -- but it was funny as because it was wrong. That's the point, isn't it?

sleeping giant
18-10-2009, 10:37 PM
The wee blighters are always trying to steal the balls in the FF lower:agree:
Its been happening for years.
That was the first time i've seen someone bolt away with it though:greengrin

sleeping giant
18-10-2009, 10:37 PM
The stewards are funny though:faf::faf:

The_Horde
18-10-2009, 10:38 PM

I was gunna chase the wee barsteward too but i couldn't be bothered putting down my irn bru 32. :grr:

ArabHibee
18-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I was gunna chase the wee barsteward too but i couldn't be bothered putting down my irn bru 32. :grr:

I don't believe they sell that in the concourse. So you smuggled that in and are doing Hibs out of money you would have used to purchase a soft drink inside the ground.

Diddling Hibs out of money. Hang your head in shame. :bitchy:

Storar
18-10-2009, 10:45 PM
I don't believe they sell that in the concourse. So you smuggled that in and are doing Hibs out of money you would have used to purchase a soft drink inside the ground.

Diddling Hibs out of money. Hang your head in shame. :bitchy:

Ben-Jelloun is such a dick:bitchy:

ArabHibee
18-10-2009, 10:57 PM
Ben-Jelloun is such a dick:bitchy:

Personally, I think he's graceless and classless.

iwasthere1972
18-10-2009, 10:59 PM
nearly pished masel laughing ,at the first game in Falkirk's new stadium. the ba' went out the park,on the grangemouth dide and into long grass,wee guy popped up and grabbed it,got clean away wi' a bunch o' well paid:wink:security lads chasing him.:greengrin

:thumbsup: Remember that. :faf:

The_Horde
18-10-2009, 10:59 PM
I think you all deserve a tennis ball in the mush to be honest.

Chuckie
18-10-2009, 11:09 PM
My interest in this thread has proportionally waned circa post 5, ergo I am no longer going to read it... Cor !

Storar
18-10-2009, 11:22 PM
My interest in this thread has proportionally waned circa post 5, ergo I am no longer going to read it... Cor !

:hilarious

The_Horde
18-10-2009, 11:36 PM

:agree: :greengrin

EH14
19-10-2009, 11:45 AM

There's always similar arguments on Kickback when non-students use student STs to get in cheaper, arguing that they'd rather see a fuller Tynecastle and they couldn't afford to get in otherwise. It's an argument I have sympathies for, but what would peoples' reactions be if the club announced a scheme where they would launch an ST for people that couldn't afford the full whack, but that they would somehow means test it?

I realise administration would be a challenge (you could ask people applying for the ST to provide a detailed budget, but you'd struggle to find those who'd lied, and would the staff in the shop be able to read the budget anyway?), but IMO while some people genuinely can't afford a full price ST and could do with all the breaks they can get, others spot the oppportunity to get something on the cheap just because they can then claim financial hardship when people ask why.

All of us would like to get things cheaper if we can, but some will go to the point of lying at cost to their club to acheive it- if the clubs can catch these people (and I hope they do) I hope nobody has any sympathy for them if they get a lengthy ban. Fuller Tynecastles/Easter Roads can only be a good thing though, and if offering a discount to those who need it helps this I'm all for it.

lapsedhibee
19-10-2009, 11:48 AM
There's always similar arguments on Kickback when non-students use student STs to get in cheaper, arguing that they'd rather see a fuller Tynecastle and they couldn't afford to get in otherwise.

Shirley the boy Lawson must have come up with a concise proposal to solve this problem by now?

EH14
19-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Shirley the boy Lawson must have come up with a concise proposal to solve this problem by now?

I think the first volume is due to be published March 2011.

Jack
19-10-2009, 12:31 PM
There's always similar arguments on Kickback when non-students use student STs to get in cheaper, arguing that they'd rather see a fuller Tynecastle and they couldn't afford to get in otherwise. It's an argument I have sympathies for, but what would peoples' reactions be if the club announced a scheme where they would launch an ST for people that couldn't afford the full whack, but that they would somehow means test it?

I realise administration would be a challenge (you could ask people applying for the ST to provide a detailed budget, but you'd struggle to find those who'd lied, and would the staff in the shop be able to read the budget anyway?), but IMO while some people genuinely can't afford a full price ST and could do with all the breaks they can get, others spot the oppportunity to get something on the cheap just because they can then claim financial hardship when people ask why.

All of us would like to get things cheaper if we can, but some will go to the point of lying at cost to their club to acheive it- if the clubs can catch these people (and I hope they do) I hope nobody has any sympathy for them if they get a lengthy ban. Fuller Tynecastles/Easter Roads can only be a good thing though, and if offering a discount to those who need it helps this I'm all for it.

I used to work doing students grants when there was a maintenance allowance and it was means tested.

In my experience the folk who would get discounted tickets would be the farmers, lawyers etc. who drive about in huge cars, live in huge houses and had good accountants. But apparently no income.