PDA

View Full Version : Too good for Scotland????

Aubenas
17-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Ignoring the fact that all this 'we have to leave' nonsense always comes up a) when the Bigot Brothers have to distract their fans from how p**h they are playing and b) when the meeja have a blank Saturday, the real question is this:

If Hibs have a tenth of the turnover of the Bigot Brothers, how come 7 of last week's Scotland squad were nurtured at Easter Rd and how come we're nip and tuck with them at the top of the league?

If they are massive clubs, how come Celtic break even on an average gate of 58K and Rangers, with a loyal international fanbase and gates of 49K are so skint that they cannae buy players. And how come Hibs are basically debt free with as good a training centre as either of them on gates of about 12K? You'd think massive clubs would attract the best business talent to run them, no?

The fact is, both these clubs have been sloppily run for years and now they are being found out. How about you put Hibs with the current Hibs Board in the premiership and give them the huge amounts of additional cash. Seems to me all the evidence is that they would do much better than the OF.

Next International window I look for double page spreads in the Sunday papers along the lines of:

'We're too good for SPL," says Petrie.

Hibs financial management streets ahead of anyone in SPL.

Scott Lindsay says 'We deserve the chance to deal in TV money billions'.

Hibs tired of operational profits in diddy league - 'we just make a profit year after year', says Tim Gardiner. 'It's boring; we've proved our business acumen, we need to move up'

The old saying goes - Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

The OF have had it their own way in Scotland for so long, they've lost the ability to run their organisations to the benefit of the fans and the business. In simple language they have fallen for their own publicity, with the connivance of the press. Hubris with a capital F!

The answer is to start operating as a well managed business, not running away to try somewhere else with bigger handouts. If you waste limited cash hand over fist, you're not likely to do any better with untold millions.

As a start, perhaps the loss leading practice of buying up promising opposition players at high transfer fees and over generous salaries and then not playing them, should be abandoned. Seems to me it's an awfy expensive way to guarantee winning a 'diddy league'.

Then the novel idea of rearing home grown talent and giving it a chance in the first team might cut costs.

The OF exist in their own parallel universe where they are the biggest teams in the world. They are so up themselves, they've not noticed that nobody else cares.

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 06:50 PM
....................The OF exist in their own parallel universe where they are the biggest teams in the world. They are so up themselves, they've not noticed that nobody else cares.

I can certainly see you don't care.......:greengrin

Aubenas
17-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Who? Me?:cool2: