PDA

View Full Version : Chris Hogg

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Complete mince the day. :bitchy:

col02
17-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Did his job of defending pretty well imho as did all the defensive unit hence the clean sheet.

Gatecrasher
17-10-2009, 06:42 PM
I thought he was no bad, he needs to work on his passing though

500miles
17-10-2009, 06:42 PM
couple of sclaffed clearances, but a million miles away from mince. However, it has become very fashoinable to slate him.

Decent shift - better than Bamba who couldn't win the ball against Kyle without giving away a foul in the first half.

HibeePatrick
17-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Actually thought hogg was quite good today especially compared to bamba

Expecting Rain
17-10-2009, 06:50 PM
:lips seal

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 06:59 PM
couple of sclaffed clearances, but a million miles away from mince. However, it has become very fashoinable to slate him.

Decent shift - better than Bamba who couldn't win the ball against Kyle without giving away a foul in the first half.
Seriously? Bamba was my MOTM.

500miles
17-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Seriously? Bamba was my MOTM.

Not in the first half. Every time he touched Kyle he gave away a foul. He then ran up the park and gave the ball away, leaving his position empty.

However, that's not to say he had a poor overall game. It's very hard to play CH in such a cavalier team.

Aldo
17-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Clean sheet and still slated. Did we slag le god when he was caught twice against smellic when they scored three against us...no.

Clean sheet and victory. Will do for me every week.

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Clean sheet and still slated. Did we slag le god when he was caught twice against smellic when they scored three against us...no.

Clean sheet and victory. Will do for me every week.

Its very possible for a defender to play poorly but still keep a clean sheet. Its a team game...

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 07:18 PM
1st half he made some brilliant last ditch challenges, but it looked like he started to doubt himself and he went downhill really quick. think hes a big confidence player.

The Harp Awakes
17-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Thought Hogg was good in the 1st half. 2nd half he lost concentration a couple of times but overall thought he was ok today.

hibee_always
17-10-2009, 07:46 PM
Slating hogg is getting really boring now thought he played well today espe ially 1st half and think over past couple of games he's starting to look like the hogg of old hence no chris hogg slating threads after last 2 games think people are just waiting 4 him 2 make a mistake then come on here & say he was mince IMO he did well 2day & hopefully will improve again nxt week and keep another clean sheet

jabis
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Aaawww,I remember when my baws dropped,voice broke,and,I was covered in zits.Personally I blamed God,but then I was a few years younger than you :agree:

Perspective
17-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Thought he had a very strong first half and only let himself down with a couple of sclaffs in the second.

Mince? Get real.

MyJo
17-10-2009, 07:57 PM
i thought Hogg did very well today up until the last 20 minutes or so when he started getting a bit erratic but he got away with it.

WindyMiller
17-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Hopefully John Hughes realises his mistake in making Hogg the Captain and finds a new CH in the window.
Then he can give the armband to Murray.

crash
17-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Thought Hogg was good in the 1st half. 2nd half he lost concentration a couple of times but overall thought he was ok today.

Can't see what he gives to the team.
According to Yogi he is a model professional off the pitch.
On the pitch Hogg is very good at pointing, also does a good job getting the mascots into the centre circle before kick off.
Unfortunately he is a slow negative player who is the polar opposite of what I would expect from a club captain. If Yogi has any ambition then I would be surprised if Hogg clings on to a first team place beyond the January window.

hiberactive
17-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Hogg was poor today,especially second half.Kilmarnock's most dangerous player at times.

SquashedFrogg
17-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Not in the first half. Every time he touched Kyle he gave away a foul. He then ran up the park and gave the ball away, leaving his position empty.

However, that's not to say he had a poor overall game. It's very hard to play CH in such a cavalier team.

Have to disagree with that point. I'd re-phrase that and say that everything he touched Kyle the ref gave a foul.

Kyle kept bending over as if he wanted a bit of the Bamba Baloney...:wink:

As for Hogg, I quite like him but he looks like a man who knows his numder's up IMO. Looks shot of confidence. Maybe the potential Barr deal? Who knows? But something doesn't seem right.

On a slightly different note, I'd love to see a bit more of Galbraith. Seems a lively lad who should be given more of a chance. I always thought of Yogi as a 'work ethic manager' but this clearly isn't the case as Deeks faded/disappeared (yet again IMO) in the second half.

Galbraith would've maybe given us a wee injection of pace later in the game down the left.

Although what do I know? The square route of bugger all!

Anyhoo, another 3 points whilst not hitting top gear.

GGTTH

goosano
17-10-2009, 08:13 PM
He was fine in the one on one challenges he had to make today.

However when a ball was punted in his general direction with a Killie player nearby he was a nightmare-a couple of sclaffed efforts that could have conceded goals, a couple of occasions when he could have easily controlled the ball but panicked and punted it-and a couple of occasions when he could have passed the ball forward easily but did not lift his head to look and then chose to pass the ball to Stack.

A poor performance after a couple of decent ones

jabis
17-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Hopefully John Hughes realises his mistake in making Hogg the Captain and finds a new CH in the window.
Then he can give the armband to Murray.

Yup agree completely !.................He doesn't do a sh**load of work as Hibs captain,regarding any charity gigs.......school duties...........help the young players................. act a total Gentleman,to all he meets...........

He has been VOTED our "most consistent player" in the past !

couple of bad bits today ( in an otherwise fine performance )and we get the above Guff :grr:

Darth Hibbie
17-10-2009, 08:23 PM
Defensively he was ok, however his distribution today was not up to scratch at times. Will need to improve.

brydekirk
17-10-2009, 08:44 PM
rob jones looked after hoggy, now hes on his own with the added preasure of being captian. too much imo. :agree:

WindyMiller
17-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Yup agree completely !.................He doesn't do a sh**load of work as Hibs captain,regarding any charity gigs.......school duties...........help the young players................. act a total Gentleman,to all he meets...........

He has been VOTED our "most consistent player" in the past !

couple of bad bits today ( in an otherwise fine performance )and we get the above Guff :grr:

I think think you'll find our vice-Captain is always willing to represent the club in these situations and act appropriately. Ian is also a very consistent player. In my opinion Hogg is not improving as a player, doesn't, IMO, come over as a good leader on the pitch and should be replaced.

jabis
17-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I think think you'll find our vice-Captain is always willing to represent the club in these situations and act appropriately. Ian is also a very consistent player. In my opinion Hogg is not improving as a player, doesn't, IMO, come over as a good leader on the pitch and should be replaced.

we'll agree to disagree then .

allezsauzee
17-10-2009, 10:54 PM
I was more impressed with Hogg's performance than Bamba's to be honest. Whilst Wotherspoon is good going forward, he is not a full back and is still inexperienced which is obvious at times, Hogg had the responsibility of covering for the lad as well looking after his own game. A physical battle with a big huddie like Kyle was alway going to be up big Sol's street and with Ian Murray as solid as a rock all he really had to do was make sure Kyle won nothing in the air which admittedly he did well enough.

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Aaawww,I remember when my baws dropped,voice broke,and,I was covered in zits.Personally I blamed God,but then I was a few years younger than you :agree:
whats that got to do with anything? :rolleyes::bye:

Golden Bear
18-10-2009, 09:31 AM

:confused:

Had a couple of hairy moments but his overall performance was impressive.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Whenever he gets the ball, he slows the game down. He's never alert enough, he gets bullied off the ball by weaker looking players, and dont start me on that ****in crossfield ball that never seems to reach its intended target, if there is an intended target?:confused:

Darren Barr is hopefully coming in january, please let it be to replace Hogg.

Judas Iscariot
18-10-2009, 09:39 AM
He was far from impressive at any point yesterday..

The incident in the 2nd half when he had all the time in the world and 2 previous attempts to header it back, unchallenged to Stack but chose to have a wild left footed mis-hit sclaff at it says it all..

Continually putting others under pressure with terrible passes but as long as as he got rid of it that does for him!

As others have said I can't see what he brings, in a footballing sense, to the team..

Unless Yogi is a fan of his 40-50 yard lumps up the park surrendering possesion regularly..

I think young Hanlon, after his recent MOTM performance for the Scotland laddies in his favoured position of LCH deserves a run in the middle with big Sol..

jiggerman
18-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I think describing Hoggs performance as 'mince' is crazy.

Anyone who agrees probably predicted Hibs winning 4,5,6 - 0 yesterday.

Hogg played well, had a couple of shaky moments in front of the east with high balls, but far from mince IMO.

I am happy with him playing for us - Im not convinced we can get much better. People will say Darren Barr will replace him (an he may well do) but if he was really that great the OF, Prem or Champ clubs would have been in there long ago.

We really need to get some perspective - we are in a position similar to Collins first season in charge after 8-10 games or so, but I believe there are far few sticking plasters being applied this time.

Lets support Hogg and ensure we watch a a confidence filled player as this is the best way to ensure this team fulfills its potential, whatever that may be.

J

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 10:18 AM
I think describing Hoggs performance as 'mince' is crazy.

Anyone who agrees probably predicted Hibs winning 4,5,6 - 0 yesterday.

Hogg played well, had a couple of shaky moments in front of the east with high balls, but far from mince IMO.

I am happy with him playing for us - Im not convinced we can get much better. People will say Darren Barr will replace him (an he may well do) but if he was really that great the OF, Prem or Champ clubs would have been in there long ago.
We really need to get some perspective - we are in a position similar to Collins first season in charge after 8-10 games or so, but I believe there are far few sticking plasters being applied this time.

Lets support Hogg and ensure we watch a a confidence filled player as this is the best way to ensure this team fulfills its potential, whatever that may be.

J

The same thing could be said about Hogg, Which OF Premiership or championship clubs are chasing Hogg?

aljo7-0
18-10-2009, 10:32 AM
The same thing could be said about Hogg, Which OF Premiership or championship clubs are chasing Hogg?
Who knows? There might be loads of them. There's a lot of invisible work taking place in football, remember, both on and off the pitch. :wink:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Who knows? There might be loads of them. There's a lot of invisible work taking place in football, remember, both on and off the pitch. :wink:

:faf::top marks All these teams are keeping it quiet, nobody wants to be gazumped. :greengrin

Expecting Rain
18-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Whenever he gets the ball, he slows the game down. He's never alert enough, he gets bullied off the ball by weaker looking players, and dont start me on that ****in crossfield ball that never seems to reach its intended target, if there is an intended target?:confused:

Darren Barr is hopefully coming in january, please let it be to replace Hogg.

Couldn`t agree anymore, he`s another version of Caldwell a player who thinks he is better than he actually is, nobody wants to see a player fail at the club they support but my patience with trying to be more objective about his game was stretched to the limit particularly in the second half when he managed to turn non-dangerous situations into opportunities for the opposition, he is not only physically slow he lacks speed of thought, ally this to poor postional sense and lack of awareness and you have a guy that is going to cost us and hopefully it won`t be next week against Rangers.

basehibby
18-10-2009, 01:12 PM

I heard a few people around me in the East expressing that opinion and had to conclude that they all must have had their eyes shut when Hogg was attending to his core duties of covering, marking and intercepting the ball.

Fair enough his distribution was poor at times yesterday but to write off his whole performance as mince shows a lack of understanding IMO.

Toaods
18-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Although it looks like Darren Barr will be at the club in the near/reasonably near future, I'd settle for anyone coming in to replace him.

people post that it's becoming fashionable, etc to slate him on here and they are right...... but there is a reason for that. he's very frustrating.

One of the main reason he doesn't make too many bad passes is that rather than attempt to complete an expected pass into a midfielder's feet, he either turns and negatively strokes it backwards or in a fit of blind panic goes for the 'get out' ball of a 50 yard+ crossfield pass.

Bamba, Jones, Murray and numerous others have all given away possession by carrying it on a run into the other teams half but such passages of play are part of the game, the secret to having a successful team is the way the others cover for a man when he goes off on his run.

To simply state his performance was anything other than average because the team recorded a clean sheet is crazy and certainly not the waythe management will view things. Stack also had a clean sheet - saved the one official shot that was on target but I doubt Capello will be on the phone.......:wink:

Sean1875
18-10-2009, 01:18 PM
I heard a few people around me in the East expressing that opinion and had to conclude that they all must have had their eyes shut when Hogg was attending to his core duties of covering, marking and intercepting the ball.

Fair enough his distribution was poor at times yesterday but to write off his whole performance as mince shows a lack of understanding IMO.
I was probably one of them then :greengrin

Toaods
18-10-2009, 01:34 PM

I wouldn't have necessarily said he was complete mince as he's been far worse, however I'm intrigued now....what's your opinion on his lack of confidence/ability in carrying the ball forward into space, therefore slowing our play down (without surrendering possession) ?

Sean1875
18-10-2009, 01:54 PM
and ill admit now that maybe i was abit OTT at calling him complete mince, a poor day at the office would probably have been better suited :agree:

Brizo
18-10-2009, 02:07 PM
FWIW I thought Hogg had an ok first 1/2 but thought his distribution in the 2nd 1/2 was very poor. Had some real sclaffs at the ball , as has already been mentioned , and seemed to panic when under no real pressure. However players form comes and go and he wasnt the only one yesterday whose performance didnt reach usual standards.

Im more concerned with the captaincy issue. Imho Hogg is no boss (Dukes of Hazzard smiley)

RMQ1967
18-10-2009, 03:04 PM

The hugely frustrating thing about Hogg yesterday was he made some great defensive tackles but his distrubution & decisions under no real pressure is shocking. His lack of composure at times lets him down & disrupts the flow of play.

jabis
18-10-2009, 09:46 PM
whats that got to do with anything? :rolleyes::bye:

eeeerrrrr...in an ironic way I was trying to say .......GROW UP...GROW A SENSE OF PERSPECTIVE.................and eeerrr....GROW UP (again)

17 years old and slagging our Captain,**** I WISH I HAD YOUR NOUS AT 17.................:grr:

What I'm trying to say,is that you nooooo nooooooothing :agree:

oh ! :bye: to you too

edit...just read your last post,maybe they have dropped,and you'll stop acting like a tantrum afflicted 2 yr old

RIP
19-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Our last captain was a "Giraffe on ice-skates", "A Liability", "Hoofball merchant" and "The reason for Maka lacking confidence"

Robs away so let's have a pop at his replacement!

Only at Hibs :yawn:

basehibby
19-10-2009, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't have necessarily said he was complete mince as he's been far worse, however I'm intrigued now....what's your opinion on his lack of confidence/ability in carrying the ball forward into space, therefore slowing our play down (without surrendering possession) ?

I think that going forward Hogg is quite limited and his career goals tally speaks volumes in that respect. His strength lies in his consistency in dependably and safely doing his job at the back. OK he hasn't had the strongest start to the season but remember he was getting voted Hibs' player of the year not long ago precisely because of that consistency.
I don't think his strength will ever be in carrying the ball forward - maybe a chink in his armour as you say - but as long as he knows his own weaknesses and does his job effectively at the back I think he should be cut some slack. I and everyone else would love it if we had a Beckenbaur type in the side marauding forward from the back, but in reality we know such talents don't grow on trees.
From the squad we have at the moment I think that Hogg will deservedly be in the starting eleven most weeks, so while that's the case I don't see the point of slagging him because of some "if yer auntie had baws she'd be yer uncle" scenario.

euro Hibby
19-10-2009, 01:10 PM
I would say on here its par for the course .....Hogg is not the first to get it.

- Mcbride
- Benji
- nish only to name a few......

I also think Hogg was fine first half and in the second he tried a couple of things which for whatever reason din not work and all of a sudden he is mince again. I am not a huge fan but given the number of games played for Hibs, if its just a bit of form loss he should come good again.

I would like to see someone in his role who is better on the ball and would assume Hanlon will fill his shoes sometime in the future or Moyes.