PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Tackle On Nish

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I don't usually go on about referees because they're often poor but usually in an even-handed way.

However, can anyone explain how the Kilmarnock player who wrestled Nish to the ground and was last man didn't get at least a booking? The ref gave the free kick and, IMO, a red card would certainly have been harsh, but I did think it had to be at least a yellow.

Having said that, I thought the ref did us a big favour with giving the penalty, though I'd have to see it again.

FraserHFC
17-10-2009, 06:17 PM
I don't usually go on about referees because they're often poor but usually in an even-handed way.

However, can anyone explain how the Kilmarnock player who wrestled Nish to the ground and was last man didn't get at least a booking? The ref gave the free kick and, IMO, a red card would certainly have been harsh, but I did think it had to be at least a yellow.

Having said that, I thought the ref did us a big favour with giving the penalty, though I'd have to see it again.

:agree: It was a shocking decision, he didn't even talk to the player.

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 06:19 PM
He took down the last man... and by the law of the game... it's a red card, regardless of how harsh it was.

I thought Thompson was very poor today.

If he never awarded us that penelty today... we'd have a few threads on here slating his performance.

Dreadful referee

woody47
17-10-2009, 06:28 PM
He is a toŁŁer at best. One of THE worst refs in the country. Time and time again he gave Killie fouls then ignored exactly the same situation when it was us that should have got one.

I actually despise this man as he runs around the park with so much arrogance and his head is so far up his own pretentious ar$e that if he was on fire I would add petrol! :grr:

When Nish was rugby tackled, to which they should have had a player sent off, and after counting out the ten yards he actually watched them move closer TWICE and did FA. :grr:

The guy is not fit to ref an under 10's game.

Also like to see his comments on why he didn't sent the killie player off considering the refs comments after the OF game. Or will this not count as it isn't an OF game?

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 06:30 PM
He took down the last man... and by the law of the game... it's a red card, regardless of how harsh it was.

I thought Thompson was very poor today.

If he never awarded us that penelty today... we'd have a few threads on here slating his performance.

Dreadful referee

I think the law actually says something along the lines of "denying a clear goal scoring chance", rather than anything about being the last man (correct me if I'm wrong). On that basis, Nish was still some way from goal AND, seeing as it was Nish....................:wink::greengrin

As I say, I think a red would have been harsh but I wouldn't have been completely surprised if the defender had walked.

Mind you, I thought Liam Miller could have gone after he retaliated against Jamie Hamill.

Sean1875
17-10-2009, 06:35 PM
He is a toŁŁer at best. One of THE worst refs in the country. Time and time again he gave Killie fouls then ignored exactly the same situation when it was us that should have got one.

I actually despise this man as he runs around the park with so much arrogance and his head is so far up his own pretentious ar$e that if he was on fire I would add petrol! :grr:

When Nish was rugby tackled, to which they should have had a player sent off, and after counting out the ten yards he actually watched them move closer TWICE and did FA. :grr:

The guy is not fit to ref an under 10's game.

Also like to see his comments on why he didn't sent the killie player off considering the refs comments after the OF game. Or will this not count as it isn't an OF game?
Come off the fence and give us your true feelings, i dare you.

Broken Gnome
17-10-2009, 06:43 PM
As the ball had hit off the side of Colin's napper and had gone out of play, it wasn't exactly a goal scoring opportunity....

Far worse was the second minute corner that nearly out us behind.

HibeePatrick
17-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Wasn't an obvious goal scoring opportunity so couldn't be a red but was definately a yellow.

The Harp Awakes
17-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Even if it wasn't a goal scoring opportunity it was a rugby tackle which at the very least should have been a yellow. Couldn't believe my eyes when he failed to produce a card.

Wasn't convinced about the penalty though.

thebakerboy
17-10-2009, 07:09 PM
To say the ref was inconsistant is an understatement , his decisions on the Bamba and Kyle battle were often baffling. As to the Nish incident I think Nish played for it was only watching the Killie player and not the ball
therefore rather dodgy. I also think Benji WON a dodgy penalty but what about the double handball in the box before that. Ref performance about 3 or maybe less.

Capt Mainwaring
17-10-2009, 07:53 PM
Totally agree that the Yellow card should have been shown rather than red , but the Ref didn't even speak to the Killie player!

To make matters worse he then allowed the Killie wall to advance 2 or 3 yards before Riordan too the kick.

Referee. Incompetent, inconsistent, bias or a cheat - tick any one or more of the options!!:grr:

Thecat23
17-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Glad someone has brought this up! I sit just behind the away dugout and when he got pulled to the ground JJ was going mad, and Brian Rice turned and said to him Nish FOULED the Killie player, my nephew also said the same thing.

I also thought the same to be fair:duck:but i do think a red would have been very harsh!