PDA

View Full Version : Huns game sold out / any spares? (merged)

Sprouleflyer
17-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Noticed after the game today that the ticket office had a sign in the window stating that the Hibs tickets have sold out for next week.

Well done all those going!! :thumbsup:

Get intae them!!!!!

.Louise.
17-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Should be a good game!! Picked my tickets up today :)

HibbyAndy
17-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Aye but many did we get? bout 900 or summit.

blueisthecolour
17-10-2009, 05:04 PM
How many tickets did hibs get?

duffers
17-10-2009, 05:25 PM
Bit of a long shot, but if anyone has 2 spare tickets, preferabbly concessions let me know.

Cheers

Sir David Gray
17-10-2009, 07:17 PM
I'll be there, it's my first visit to Ibrox (for a Hibs game that is, I was there for the Falkirk-Kilmarnock Scottish Cup Final in 1997).

I can't wait and I'm looking forward to it even more now that I know we've sold out our allocation. :thumbsup:

cleanyman
17-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I'll be there, it's my first visit to Ibrox (for a Hibs game that is, I was there for the Falkirk-Kilmarnock Scottish Cup Final in 1997).

I can't wait and I'm looking forward to it even more now that I know we've sold out our allocation. :thumbsup:

Ill see you there:greengrin

Alex Trager
17-10-2009, 07:33 PM
has anyone got any spare tickets was going to get them today but found out early this morning thee was none:confused: Pure bummer !!! anyway concessions would be better!! pm me if you have any

Sir David Gray
17-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Ill see you there:greengrin

Not if I see you first. :wink:

Alex Trager
17-10-2009, 07:36 PM
has anyone got any spare tickets was going to get them today but found out early this morning thee was none:confused: Pure bummer !!! anyway concessions would be better!! pm me if you have any , cheers

cleanyman
17-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Not if I see you first. :wink:

Ill come down and say hello, it will be very emotional.:wink:

WindyMiller
17-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Noticed after the game today that the ticket office had a sign in the window stating that the Hibs tickets have sold out for next week.

Well done all those going!! :thumbsup:

Get intae them!!!!!

Good to hear.
Hopefully that means that the queues after the game were for buying tickets for Tynie.

silverhibee
18-10-2009, 12:33 AM
Will be going to game.:flag::scarf:

Si_17
18-10-2009, 01:27 AM
I second this, but I'd take an adult ticket if need be.

Calvin
18-10-2009, 02:47 AM
I third this, I'll take any ticket going. Willing to pay over the odds too!

Baldy Foghorn
18-10-2009, 07:42 AM
has anyone got any spare tickets was going to get them today but found out early this morning thee was none:confused: Pure bummer !!! anyway concessions would be better!! pm me if you have any

the tickets had been on sale for 3 weeks and the last ticket was sold on Saturday morning.......

Antifa Hibs
18-10-2009, 10:41 AM
You can purchase tickets online from the Rangers website for their end. Nae database nonsense or anything, just sign up and select your tickets. Tickets available right next to the Hibs fans aswell. My mate just bought two for him and his missus, money taken out, tickets posted on Monday :thumbsup:

Big_D
18-10-2009, 11:29 AM
You can purchase tickets online from the Rangers website for their end. Nae database nonsense or anything, just sign up and select your tickets. Tickets available right next to the Hibs fans aswell. My mate just bought two for him and his missus, money taken out, tickets posted on Monday :thumbsup:

Jeez the local Huns always tell me they don't go "cos you can't get tickets for Ibrox" :rolleyes:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Jeez the local Huns always tell me they don't go "cos you can't get tickets for Ibrox" :rolleyes:

I don't mind telling you there is tickets on sale every rangers game at. ibrox

joe breezy
18-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Great to hear we are selling out or end well in advance. Wish I was going but el skintos at the mo.

Our 3-0 gubbings of der Hun at Ibrox are two of my favourite games ever

Big_D
18-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't mind telling you there is tickets on sale every rangers game at. ibrox

Its always an easy excuse for those that do all the shouting but never actually go , i'm sure we all know plenty

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 12:25 PM
They sign saying sold out was indeed up yesterday. Yet when one of our lot asked if there was any left, the young lass said we have one left. Bob then said can i have it, she went through the back, came back and said yes. Bob then asked, have you 2 more , she then disapeared and came back with 2 more.:confused: When is a sell out, not a sell out? When hibs advertise it is the answer.

CalgaryHibs
18-10-2009, 01:39 PM
oops.

Vini1875
18-10-2009, 01:55 PM
They sign saying sold out was indeed up yesterday. Yet when one of our lot asked if there was any left, the young lass said we have one left. Bob then said can i have it, she went through the back, came back and said yes. Bob then asked, have you 2 more , she then disapeared and came back with 2 more.:confused: When is a sell out, not a sell out? When hibs advertise it is the answer.

Correct did the same at 2.30pm on saturday as I was buying tickets for tynie. Asked if there really was no tickets for ibrox, guy goes away and comes back with 2, WTF.

Maybe it was a test, like you had to prove you really wanted to go by asking the stupid question if there was tickets after reading the sign. Anyone with any sense wouldn't ask, my only conclusion is they don't want sensible Hibbys going to ibrox.

HIBERNIAN 1875
18-10-2009, 02:00 PM
I'll be there! :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
18-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Its always an easy excuse for those that do all the shouting but never actually go , i'm sure we all know plenty

I know folk who say wish i could get a ticket for the match, i sometimes have spare when i offer them a ticket the excuses come how they can't make it, then when it come's to the old firm game they are on the phone saying put me first in the que for a ticket if any spare. Don't think so it will go to the guys who pay their cash week in week out no matter who the opposition are.

RMQ1967
18-10-2009, 02:46 PM

I've gone in there in the past but would advise against it. As you can imagine all the lunatics, animals & physco's go there specifically to get close the opposition fans.
I think if I was going to go undercover again I'd go into one of the main stands along the touchline - but then again it's probably the same all over.

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Correct did the same at 2.30pm on saturday as I was buying tickets for tynie. Asked if there really was no tickets for ibrox, guy goes away and comes back with 2, WTF.

Maybe it was a test, like you had to prove you really wanted to go by asking the stupid question if there was tickets after reading the sign. Anyone with any sense wouldn't ask, my only conclusion is they don't want sensible Hibbys going to ibrox.

The question you have to ask is why they have the sold out signs up, when evidently all the tickets have not been sold?:confused:

Keith_M
18-10-2009, 04:36 PM
From the fishul Site, RE the rankers game.

"The Hibernian allocation of tickets for this game has now been sold".

I realise we only get 900 tickets but there's been plenty of times even this number hasn't sold out, so it is maybe a sign of some confidence returning in the support.

On that note, though, it seems like it was quite a small crowd at yesterday's game (10,922), which was quite suprising. Was it really bad weather or something? :dunno:

WindyMiller
18-10-2009, 04:40 PM
The question you have to ask is why they have the sold out signs up, when evidently all the tickets have not been sold?:confused:

We arrived at our seats, after paying at the gate, yesterday to find someone else, with the relevant tickets, already there. Then 6 other guys arrived with tickets for other seats, in the same row, that were also already sold.
Maybe if you need a ticket for a seat that's already sold they just print another one!

Petrie...........***king genius!

:hnet:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 04:44 PM
From the fishul Site, RE the rankers game.

"The Hibernian allocation of tickets for this game has now been sold".

I realise we only get 900 tickets but there's been plenty of times even this number hasn't sold out, so it is maybe a sign of some confidence returning in the support.

On that note, though, it seems like it was quite a small crowd at yesterday's game (10,922), which was quite suprising. Was it really bad weather or something? :dunno:

If hibs tell me its sunday, i check the calendar. The official site also told us we could buy tickets from ticketmaster on the monday for a hearts game a season or two ago, i then ring up ticketmaster, and they say the club have told them not to sell the tickets. I then ring the club, and they say thats right, and the official site was still giving the same message.

Then yesterday, when the sign clearly said sold out, 5 people have been given tickets, even though the game is advertised as sold out.:confused: Clearly someone is getting things wrong in the ticket office.:confused:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 04:57 PM
If hibs tell me its sunday, i check the calendar. The official site also told us we could buy tickets from ticketmaster on the monday for a hearts game a season or two ago, i then ring up ticketmaster, and they say the club have told them not to sell the tickets. I then ring the club, and they say thats right, and the official site was still giving the same message.

Then yesterday, when the sign clearly said sold out, 5 people have been given tickets, even though the game is advertised as sold out.:confused: Clearly someone is getting things wrong in the ticket office.:confused:well,that is no surprise,a mistake at the ticket office:wtf:mair like normal sevice resumed. I asked a mate about tickets/possible numbers for transport etc and he said that none of our regulars had tickets and they were sold out!

Sir David Gray
18-10-2009, 04:57 PM
I don't know how it's even possible to get that wrong. You either have tickets left for the Rangers game or you don't. It's surely not difficult to work out. :confused:

blackpoolhibs
18-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I don't know how it's even possible to get that wrong. You either have tickets left for the Rangers game or you don't. It's surely not difficult to work out. :confused:

You would think so wouldnt you? It makes you think there is something more sinister going on, why else would they keep tickets back?:confused:

monktonharp
18-10-2009, 06:25 PM
You would think so wouldnt you? It makes you think there is something more sinister going on, why else would they keep tickets back?:confused:the old right hand /left hand phrase springs tae mind:wink:

Owain_1987
18-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I think what happens is that they put tickets by for like players etc then if they don't want them they think well we will sell them then. Maybe to be honest I don't know as I don't work in the ticket office! Also am one of those people who got a ticket when it said sold out. :greengrin:greengrin

LancashireHibby
18-10-2009, 07:34 PM
I think what happens is that they put tickets by for like players etc then if they don't want them they think well we will sell them then.

Would certainly imagine that's how things work out.

burtis97
18-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Absolute joke how we don't get a bigger allocation ecapecially looking at ibrox the past few weeks when it's half empty. If anyone has two spare tickets let me no thanks In advance.

Hermit Crab
18-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Absolute joke how we don't get a bigger allocation ecapecially looking at ibrox the past few weeks when it's half empty. If anyone has two spare tickets let me no thanks In advance.

I may be wrong but i think the away team is entitled to either 5% or 10% of the stadium for league games, for cup games away teams are entiltled to 20% of the stadium (hence 5000 hibbys at ibrox when we won 0-3 in the cup) If hibs say to either Rangers or Celtic we want as many tickets as you will allow us and then dont sell them all hibs still have to pay for the unsold tickets because they wont allow pay at the gate on matchdays at these grounds,so Hibs will only take what they normally sell at ibrox incase they are left out of pocket so to say. As i say i may be wrong but i have been told before thats how it usually works in regards to tickets for Rangers or Celtic.

Its unusual to sell out Ibrox but its great that we have as theres a wee chance of a point i think. Glad ive got my ticket. Cant remember when we last sold out Ibrox or Parkhead for that matter, maybe its a sign that the fans are starting to get right behind Yogi and the team. Good to see, hope we can keep it up. :thumbsup:

brydekirk
18-10-2009, 08:48 PM
if i remember correct , they used to be sold in blocks of 800 at a time. if hibs wanted 1200 they still had to pay for 1600 tickets.

Antifa Hibs
18-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Used to be like that but hasn't been like that for years, the old 'Rangers make you pay upfront thing' is a myth.

The reason we don't get a big allocation is simple, our crowds there are generally ******.

No offence, but were was everyone last season when we had 500 max? Or the season before that. Or the season before that etc. :confused:

Still good to see it's sold out. Now lets just hope everyone doesn't sit on their hands for the 90 mins and gives it laldy :wink:

Joe Baker II
19-10-2009, 08:54 AM
if i remember correct , they used to be sold in blocks of 800 at a time. if hibs wanted 1200 they still had to pay for 1600 tickets.

Think real problem in this particular fixture is that for last 10 years (at least) one does not get impression Hibs as a club really put thier neck out to ensure we take a decent support to Ibrox and do abit extra.

I was told they were sold out yesterday - intend to go to this and will go to home end if needed but await news of developments as news of club and ticket office staff messing up what should be a simple operation hardly surprising. As somoone said wonder if something more sinister afoot but not really sure what that could be or if club actually competent enough to do this? Not good news for the Hyland guy - he has had good (deserved generally) reviews so far but is clearly not perfect.

Joe Baker II
19-10-2009, 08:57 AM
You can purchase tickets online from the Rangers website for their end. Nae database nonsense or anything, just sign up and select your tickets. :

As you say about the database pretty embarassing when Hibs administration is put to shame by Rangers - they may only be 2 points above us but seem miles ahead when it comes to organising ticketing.

RIP
19-10-2009, 09:20 AM
The simple fact is that the online tickets and phone tickets sell out first

At that point the Official News is broadcast of a sell-out

They always have a few left at the ticket office, ones and twos in case of mistakes in sending out through other channels

If you had a multi-channel ticketing operation you would do the same

You never know, Hibs may be able to get another batch?

Peevemor
19-10-2009, 09:23 AM
As you say about the database pretty embarassing when Hibs administration is put to shame by Rangers - they may only be 2 points above us but seem miles ahead when it comes to organising ticketing.

Yeah, good on the huns - visiting fans can easily buy tickets for the home end.

I hope Hibs are taking note! :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2009, 09:29 AM
The simple fact is that the online tickets and phone tickets sell out first

At that point the Official News is broadcast of a sell-out

They always have a few left at the ticket office, ones and twos in case of mistakes in sending out through other channels

If you had a multi-channel ticketing operation you would do the same

You never know, Hibs may be able to get another batch?

So if they have a few left, ones and twos as you say, its not a sell out. Plus if they are making mistakes selling 800 odd tickets, what would that tell you about the system they were running? God forbid they had to sell 50000 or more. :confused:

Russian Hibs Fan
19-10-2009, 09:38 AM
Well done to all who going to the Hunbox!

Hope you will bring all 3 points to the sunny Leith! :wink:

Mag7
19-10-2009, 09:52 AM

It's not a joke IMHO. The travelling support to the Old Firm grounds has plummeted in recent years. If you look at TV footage from the 80s and early 90s, Hibs used to take far bigger supports to these grounds, especially when Parkhead was terracing (IIRC you could just pay at the gate back then). At Ibrox we often used to get allocated the whole of the bottom tier of one stand (didn't usually sell it out, but not far off it). Nowadays it's only for the cup games that we take a decent support. So bearing that in mind I think Rangers and Celtic are entitled to allocate only a few hundred tickets.

I think the main reason for the lack of fans making the trip these days is cost. I don't buy the excuse that the atmosphere at the grounds puts people off. Most of the folk who use that as an excuse will never have been to Ibrox or Parkhead. I've never had a moment of bother at either ground. The other reason a lot of folk don't go is that, despite some great results at both grounds in recent seasons, the most likely outcome remains defeat.

MB62
19-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I was going to go in after my work today for 6 but obviously that's hit on the heid, big bummer.

Alex B
19-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I was going to go in after my work today for 6 but obviously that's hit on the heid, big bummer.

Judging by what's been posted so far you might still get lucky if you go in and ask if they have six 'non-sold out' tickets!

We got four tickets last week. Looking forward to it though not over-confident. I remember a couple of seasons back under Collins we we'd just gubbed Motherwell 6-1 and went to Ibrox full of confidence and were 3-0 down in half an hour. Also remember a similar scenario in the early days Mowbray. On paper, tho, we really should not fear this game. Both OF sides must be the poorest for a long time.

Alex B
19-10-2009, 10:43 AM
It's not a joke IMHO. The travelling support to the Old Firm grounds has plummeted in recent years. If you look at TV footage from the 80s and early 90s, Hibs used to take far bigger supports to these grounds, especially when Parkhead was terracing (IIRC you could just pay at the gate back then). At Ibrox we often used to get allocated the whole of the bottom tier of one stand (didn't usually sell it out, but not far off it). Nowadays it's only for the cup games that we take a decent support. So bearing that in mind I think Rangers and Celtic are entitled to allocate only a few hundred tickets.

I think the main reason for the lack of fans making the trip these days is cost. I don't buy the excuse that the atmosphere at the grounds puts people off. Most of the folk who use that as an excuse will never have been to Ibrox or Parkhead. I've never had a moment of bother at either ground. The other reason a lot of folk don't go is that, despite some great results at both grounds in recent seasons, the most likely outcome remains defeat.

:agree:

RIP
19-10-2009, 10:52 AM
So if they have a few left, ones and twos as you say, its not a sell out. Plus if they are making mistakes selling 800 odd tickets, what would that tell you about the system they were running? God forbid they had to sell 50000 or more. :confused:

Maybe in your idealised view of the world Gary but IMO the club are applying much-needed common sense here. If you sell through three channels you have to let the channels sell out in a proscribed order of e.g. Phone then website then ticket office.

You have to reach a point in that process where you call it a sell-out. However there's always the prospect of a fan seeing that there's tickets available online yet setting off to buy them at the TO. Or the possibility of declaring a sell-out on a matchday where fans may still plan to visit the TO after the match.

Holding a small supply in our own ticket office 'as a last resort' shows sound judgement IMO. I can't see how you can criticise the club for covering these eventualities.

Keith_M
19-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Maybe in your idealised view of the world Gary but IMO the club are applying much-needed common sense here. If you sell through three channels you have to let the channels sell out in a proscribed order of e.g. Phone then website then ticket office.

You have to reach a point in that process where you call it a sell-out. However there's always the prospect of a fan seeing that there's tickets available online yet setting off to buy them at the TO. Or the possibility of declaring a sell-out on a matchday where fans may still plan to visit the TO after the match.

Holding a small supply in our own ticket office 'as a last resort' shows sound judgement IMO. I can't see how you can criticise the club for covering these eventualities.

That all sounds reasonable except for one point. Why were there signs at the Ticket Office saying Sold Out if they still had some left there? I'm glad the guys that did this had the sense to ask anyway, but surely there must have been others that intended to buy some, read the sign and, quite reasonably, presumed the sign was correct so just left..

Seems a bit mad to me.

RIP
19-10-2009, 11:32 AM
My wee brother is taking me to the match as a burfday pwesent.

The last time he did that we were at Hampdump and got beat by the 'Tic 6-3. Dixie Deans scored early doors. The Hibs fans surged towards the great unwashed and I got picked up by the polis for chucking a can.

Which given I has a small flag tied between my wrists (Style points!!) was no small feat.

magnificent_seven
19-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Just wondering if any anyone has a spare ticket for Ibrox on Saturday? Would be greatly appreciated if you do. Either PM me or email me at

magnificent_seven7@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Danny_Hibee
19-10-2009, 02:11 PM
I'd like to second the request....planned to get my tickets on saturday once I'd been paid, didnt expect us to sell out tbh. Would be very grateful of 2 (or 3 if possible) tickets :thumbsup:

bobbyhibs1983
19-10-2009, 02:23 PM
There s a thread about half way down the current page, unsure if you 2 have noticed, but from what i can remeber it was not sold out,

Lmc2105
19-10-2009, 02:23 PM
i have a function on saturday and looks unlikely i will be able to make Ibrox so al keep you's posted,

Joe Baker II
19-10-2009, 02:57 PM

Excellent post particularly point about people pathetically making excuses about atmosphere at these 2 grounds as an excuse. As per previous post one does not feel Hibs do all they can to try and get decent support at these games - and if we are ever to achieve anything meaningful as a club on asustained business we need decent support at these games. A challenge for a new Board unfortunately - it is beyond the succession of people who have run club in recent years and cannot see it changing in short term.

Joe Baker II
19-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Yeah, good on the huns - visiting fans can easily buy tickets for the home end.

I hope Hibs are taking note! :rolleyes:

Your post well sums up relative incompetenece of Hibs here.

Rangers know they can cope with a few fans who are not Rangers supporters sitting with their fans as there are unlikely to be problems given few if any will obviously reveal thier allegiance and can be dealt with as required if needed (not neccessariy in a draconian way, just saying they can deal with it. However Hibs, although they use same stewarding organisation, cannot cope with this and impose fatuous database restrictions that deter fans of all clubs attending Easter Road.

RIP
19-10-2009, 04:00 PM

Rangers know they can cope with a few fans who are not Rangers supporters sitting with their fans as there are unlikely to be problems given few if any will obviously reveal thier allegiance and can be dealt with as required if needed (not neccessariy in a draconian way, just saying they can deal with it. However Hibs, although they use same stewarding organisation, cannot cope with this and impose fatuous database restrictions that deter fans of all clubs attending Easter Road.

Are you talking about the fatuous database restrictions that cost us several thousand ticket sales for the Hearts Semi in 2006 or the more relaxed guidelines recently introduced by Fyfe Hyland due a formal review and feedback from Mike and Hibs.Net? See link then Tickets/How to Book

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/Welcome

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2009, 04:51 PM

Thats just nonsense, if they guys had not asked about the tickets EVEN THOUGH THE SIGN SAID SOLD OUT, they would not be going to the game on Saturday. The game is either sold out or its not.:confused: How many thought it was sold out, ant thought damn, i have missed out?

Danny_Hibee
19-10-2009, 05:26 PM
There s a thread about half way down the current page, unsure if you 2 have noticed, but from what i can remeber it was not sold out,

I spoke to the TO this afternoon and they confirmed it is sold out.

i have a function on saturday and looks unlikely i will be able to make Ibrox so al keep you's posted,

Cheers mate :thumbsup:

blueisthecolour
19-10-2009, 06:50 PM
I and im sure loads of other rangers fans are surprised by this statement, Rangers ticket office is a shambles, infact you can hardly call it a ticket office it is run from a portakabin, infact i remember praising the hibs t/o after I had to deal with them when hibs started to deal with selling us our tickets for easter rd.

Peevemor
19-10-2009, 07:25 PM

What a load of pish! :rolleyes:

Hermit Crab
19-10-2009, 08:24 PM
Used to be like that but hasn't been like that for years, the old 'Rangers make you pay upfront thing' is a myth.

The reason we don't get a big allocation is simple, our crowds there are generally ******.

No offence, but were was everyone last season when we had 500 max? Or the season before that. Or the season before that etc. :confused:

Still good to see it's sold out. Now lets just hope everyone doesn't sit on their hands for the 90 mins and gives it laldy :wink:

Good point i ask the same question mate. Same wi tynie. It will sell out this time and folk will moan that they didny get a ticket when last season we only had 1800 at tynie. We do have alot of part timers.

Si_17
19-10-2009, 10:15 PM

I'll state my interest, just so you're aware.:wink:

The_Horde
19-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Lee, you can take back all those humpins we dished out to Cowden at the pitz, seriously the points are yours.. :greengrin

Lmc2105
19-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Lee, you can take back all those humpins we dished out to Cowden at the pitz, seriously the points are yours.. :greengrin

haha bolt:wink:

we gave as good as we got:thumbsup::agree:

NYHibby
20-10-2009, 12:01 AM
Its not like the game sold out on the first day. If you wanted to go, you had weeks to buy tickets.

Si_17
20-10-2009, 12:32 AM
Its not like the game sold out on the first day. If you wanted to go, you had weeks to buy tickets.

Not if you were waiting for pay day you didn't...

Calvin
20-10-2009, 12:34 AM
To be honest, I didn't think we'd sell out and thought we got more than 900 tickets. What happened to the 10% rule?

I was gonna get them when I came home on Thursday but I'm in the Rangers end now.

PaulSmith
20-10-2009, 09:24 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/rangers-v-hibernian-increased-allocation-20091020_2262950_1831446

Extra 200 tickets given to Hibs

lyonhibs
20-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Now I'm faced with a financial quandry - to spend 27 quid on the possibility - a decent one IMO - of beating the Huns at Ibrox, which is one of lige's GREAT feelings or not???

Kojock
20-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Hibernian today announced it had secured an additional 200 tickets for the game against Rangers at Ibrox Stadium on Saturday 24 October, 3pm KO.

The tickets will be available from tomorrow 21 October from 1pm by telephoning the ticket office on 0844 844 1875 option 2, or in person at the Ticket Office during normal office opening times. Please note names and addresses will be required for each ticket purchased.

If you snooze you lose. :thumbsup:

Hibee87
20-10-2009, 09:43 AM
I - Fu*&ING- DEAL

canny wait to try and get these the morra. :top marks

Joe Baker II
20-10-2009, 10:06 AM
I and im sure loads of other rangers fans are surprised by this statement, Rangers ticket office is a shambles, infact you can hardly call it a ticket office it is run from a portakabin, infact i remember praising the hibs t/o after I had to deal with them when hibs started to deal with selling us our tickets for easter rd.

Good to here this - do understand Hibs selling tickets to away fans last season went well, but problems often arise when selling to Hibs fans though which arguably should be given at least the same priority by Hibs. Do not think I have ever bought tickets from Rangers directly so cannot comment.

49 years a hibee - I do acknowledge Hyland's changes are for the better but he has not undone all the damage previous system did (yet anyway) - and given at last he has seemed to address issue of limited tickets for Old Firm games away and negotiated more tickets (particularly as this means I can now go to Hibs end on Saturday) was certainly not meaning to have go at him and in fact he is deserving of praise.

Peevemor - if you expand on your lot of pish comment I will respond accordingly.

Juice-Terry
20-10-2009, 10:30 AM
Another 200 tickets made available:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/rangers-v-hibernian-increased-allocation-20091020_2262950_1831446

'Mon the Cabbage!

hibs0666
20-10-2009, 10:40 AM
Now I'm faced with a financial quandry - to spend 27 quid on the possibility - a decent one IMO - of beating the Huns at Ibrox, which is one of lige's GREAT feelings or not???

This is an emotional decision, not financial. If Benji plants a hat-trick and you are there to witness it, I guarantee that you will remember the occasion till your dying day. :thumbsup:

I was there when wee Ivan did the biz. Couldn't tell you how much my ticket cost, but it was cheap at the price whatever it was. :wink:

Lmc2105
20-10-2009, 10:51 AM
it's great to see that hibs have pushed for this ... seeing another 200 hibee's there is going to be fantastic!!:thumbsup:

obv people that have tickets for the rangers end i was going to say could you's maybe do something about that and get ur tickets swapped :confused:

then again maybe not. but still we are going to have a great support through on glasgow on saturday!!

mon the cabbage they are for the taking!

the lurker
20-10-2009, 10:54 AM
I'll be there on Saturday in the corporate hospitality thanks to a contractor we use. I'm just wondering if they are still as restrictive as to what you can do shout sing wear etc in the corporate part of the stands.
Anyone been recently?
Cheers Alec

MacBean
20-10-2009, 11:08 AM
This is an emotional decision, not financial. If Benji plants a hat-trick and you are there to witness it, I guarantee that you will remember the occasion till your dying day. :thumbsup:

I was there when wee Ivan did the biz. Couldn't tell you how much my ticket cost, but it was cheap at the price whatever it was. :wink:

Exactly!

That was my first ever visit to Ibrox, my first of two - the other was the Scottish game that we won 3-0 too... maybe i should go this week.. i seem to be a lucky charm at Ibrox!

TornadoHibby
20-10-2009, 11:34 AM
I'll be there on Saturday in the corporate hospitality thanks to a contractor we use. I'm just wondering if they are still as restrictive as to what you can do shout sing wear etc in the corporate part of the stands.
Anyone been recently?
Cheers Alec

Yes they are still very "sensitive" to anyone not being one of them! :wink: :greengrin

Sir David Gray
20-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Fantastic to hear that we are getting an extra 200 tickets. Let's hope we can sell those too. :thumbsup:

By the way, I was going to post this as a new thread but maybe someone could answer it for me on here.

Has anyone else got the problem of not being able to view a full article on the official website? Since yesterday, I can only see the top half of any article and I am unable to scroll down to see the rest of it. It's very annoying and I don't know how I can fix it, if it's me that has the problem, that is.

Anyone else got the same issue or know how to sort it out?

Any replies greatly appreciated.

blueisthecolour
20-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Fantastic to hear that we are getting an extra 200 tickets. Let's hope we can sell those too. :thumbsup:

By the way, I was going to post this as a new thread but maybe someone could answer it for me on here.

Has anyone else got the problem of not being able to view a full article on the official website? Since yesterday, I can only see the top half of any article and I am unable to scroll down to see the rest of it. It's very annoying and I don't know how I can fix it, if it's me that has the problem, that is.

Anyone else got the same issue or know how to sort it out?

Any replies greatly appreciated.
I clicked on the link and I can see the full page, no problem.

Sir David Gray
20-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I clicked on the link and I can see the full page, no problem.

Cheers, I've just tried it again myself and it seems to be working OK again. I don't know what the problem's been over the past day or so.

Chuckie
20-10-2009, 12:32 PM
Available over the phone at 1p.m ?

or...

If you go to the ticket office you can get them during normal ticket office hours - 9-5 ?

What if they are gone by 1p.m. ?

Seems harsh.

Si_17
20-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Available over the phone at 1p.m ?

or...

If you go to the ticket office you can get them during normal ticket office hours - 9-5 ?

What if they are gone by 1p.m. ?

Seems harsh.

I phoned up, I've been put on a waiting list, to be phoned back about payment tomorrow.

Chuckie
20-10-2009, 12:40 PM
I phoned up, I've been put on a waiting list, to be phoned back about payment tomorrow.

They did the same to me..

The yank boy couldn't say how big the waiting list is however..

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Probably found them behind a cushion on the sofa. Is this another sell out, like the non sell out saturday?:confused:

Wheat Hound
20-10-2009, 01:37 PM
They did the same to me..

The yank boy couldn't say how big the waiting list is however..

I phoned and put myself on the waiting list yesterday about 1pm and was told I was about 20th on the list (this was before the extra 200 tics were announed, though). I phoned back today just to clarify what will happen tomorrow and was told that they would phone the people on the list in order.

RIP
20-10-2009, 02:05 PM
I think I have sussed this now.

Website had an original allocation of say - 300
When that sold out Ticketmaster who started with say - 300 then had to exhaust their supply
Last to sell out would have been the Ticket Office who started with a couple of hundred
Then there's the reserve list of say - 30, kept for contingency. Normal fans need not apply but those and such as those may be lucky here
Now we have an additional allocation of 200
No website allocation for such a small number
Ticketmaster's allocation will be increasing - they already have a waiting list. That waiting list may be 60 people or 150 tickets by 9am tomorrow
The Ticket Office would then have only a small amount to sell
Then there's the reserve list of course :wink:

Who would run a ticket office!:dizzy:

Leith Green
20-10-2009, 02:20 PM
When that sold out Ticketmaster who started with say - 300 then had to exhaust their supply
Last to sell out would have been the Ticket Office who started with a couple of hundred
Then there's the reserve list of say - 30, kept for contingency. Normal fans need not apply but those and such as those may be lucky here
Ticketmaster's allocation will be increasing - they already have a waiting list. That waiting list may be 60 people or 150 tickets by 9am tomorrow

You have got far too much time on your hands mate .. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
20-10-2009, 02:37 PM

This would be fine if it was not all guess work. 800 TICKETS TO SELL, AND THEY STILL **** IT UP.:bitchy:

GreenCastle
20-10-2009, 04:29 PM
So in total Hibs are getting 1200 ?

Hopefully sell them all out and give the team a huge backing :agree::thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
20-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Yes they are still very "sensitive" to anyone not being one of them! :wink: :greengrin

Yes, i've had some eventuful moments in the Ibrox 'hozzy'. Always go on principle though, as it's free, reasonably good, and deprives one of the unwashed bigots of a slot.

brythehibby
20-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Taking the t/o sell out not sell out issue out of this, how good is it that fans are finally getting behind the boys at ibrox? When was the last time people were dying to get tickets for ibrox? Still unsure if I will be able to make it but hopefully will as the last few trips there have been miserable, but this time round I think we'll be leaving very pleased.

Minder
20-10-2009, 08:28 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Breaking news.............. we can now have the full Broomloan.

iwasthere1972
20-10-2009, 08:52 PM
:flag::flag::flag::flag:

Breaking news.............. we can now have the full Broomloan.

and the Govan. :greengrin

The huns are having the wee corner we usually have.

monktonharp
20-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Anyone been recently?
Cheers Alecc'mon Alec,how would you view half a dizzin' Huns half pished bawlin' their heids oaf,supporting their team playing us at ER?:confused:

Hibercelona
21-10-2009, 12:09 AM
They may as well offer us half of Ibrox now. :wink:

Chuckie
21-10-2009, 10:18 AM
Great success.

The ticket office just called and tickets have been procured.

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/BethDitto_The_Gossip.jpg

brythehibby
21-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Just been along to the t/o to pick up my hearts ticket, decided I wasn't going to work on Saturday so I'll get one for ibrox, only to be told I can't get one till 1 o'clock. WTF? It says on the site get a ticket during normal opening hours! I'm not going to have time to go back today so just need to hope I can get someone to get 1 for me later. F*****g annoying!!

Chuckie
21-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Just been along to the t/o to pick up my hearts ticket, decided I wasn't going to work on Saturday so I'll get one for ibrox, only to be told I can't get one till 1 o'clock. WTF? It says on the site get a ticket during normal opening hours! I'm not going to have time to go back today so just need to hope I can get someone to get 1 for me later. F*****g annoying!!

That message on the site was very misleading..

Amateurs!!

Calvin
21-10-2009, 11:59 AM
The ticketmaster line is a queue! :grr:

Calvin
21-10-2009, 12:10 PM
Great success! :thumbsup:

Wheat Hound
21-10-2009, 12:24 PM
The ticketmaster line is a queue! :grr:

Just got my 2 tics - delighted !!

I phoned the ticket office direct as opposed to ticketmaster (I've always found ticket office staff far more helpful).

Si_17
21-10-2009, 12:26 PM
I've not had a call from the ticket office, so have tried phoning up and get no answer.:grr:

Si_17
21-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I've not had a call from the ticket office, so have tried phoning up and get no answer.:grr:

And I've finally got through...we're aw goin tae Ibrox!!!!:thumbsup:

ALF TUPPER
21-10-2009, 12:42 PM
:thumbsup: I got mine ........ ya dancer !!

Phoned the ticket centre. The boy says we have just received another 300 tickets just now !!"

Get right intae them ......

Come on the Hibees

brythehibby
21-10-2009, 12:57 PM
:thumbsup: I got mine ........ ya dancer !!

Phoned the ticket centre. The boy says we have just received another 300 tickets just now !!"

Get right intae them ......

Come on the Hibees

I'm hoping when I go back tomorrow that there will still be some left. Sounds promising if we got 300. I better get one or I'll be spewing no
being there when we go top :greengrin

paxtonhibby
21-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Just got mine,yippeeee!
Hope the greyscull experience lives up to expectations.

lyonhibs
21-10-2009, 01:18 PM

Unsurprisingly, the emotions won through after watching just how pathetic Der Hun were last night.

And apparently we managed to get an extra 320 according to the T.O. Sell those out and there will be over 1200 Hibs fans, which is a decent crowd!!

paxtonhibby
21-10-2009, 01:23 PM
Unsurprisingly, the emotions won through after watching just how pathetic Der Hun were last night.

And apparently we managed to get an extra 320 according to the T.O. Sell those out and there will be over 1200 Hibs fans, which is a decent crowd!!

Judging by last nights performance/reaction we might outnumber them :faf:

Hermit Crab
21-10-2009, 08:44 PM
So after the recent events regarding tickets for ibrox have they officially sold out now including the additional briefs we got from rangers today. Also has anyone any idea if tynie is sold out or close to selling out?

hibbysam
21-10-2009, 10:17 PM
theree cant be many left for eitheer as they are now selling the last section for tyniee and were selling row21 when i was in todaay:thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks likee well havee a full bouncing staand :agree::greengrin:greengrin

Hermit Crab
21-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Good to hear. Its funny how tickets are harder to get now as we only took 1800 to tynie last season

lyonhibs
21-10-2009, 10:28 PM
Good to hear. Its funny how tickets are harder to get now as we only took 1800 to tynie last season

Something to do with us being shiete last season, and every form indicator pointing towards a beating at Tynecastle.

Still, the 1800 that were there would have had the time of their lives when Riordan - ably assisted by Casper - slotted home the penalty!! :agree: :agree:

deano6-2
21-10-2009, 10:32 PM
Still, the 1800 that were there would have had the time of their lives when Riordan - ably assisted by Casper - slotted home the penalty!! :agree: :agree:

We did!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

HibbyScott
21-10-2009, 11:41 PM
Something to do with us being shiete last season, and every form indicator pointing towards a beating at Tynecastle.

Only Colin and myself were brave enough from the party train to risk it - and oh so glad that we did :wink:

lyonhibs
22-10-2009, 07:05 AM
Only Colin and myself were brave enough from the party train to risk it - and oh so glad that we did :wink:

I was in France, ya bawbag!! I'd have been there with bells on, but for the several hundred miles seperating myself from Tynecastle :greengrin

E.C Hibs
22-10-2009, 08:11 AM
theree cant be many left for eitheer as they are now selling the last section for tyniee and were selling row21 when i was in todaay:thumbsup::thumbsup:

looks likee well havee a full bouncing staand :agree::greengrin:greengrin

I'm in row 22 of block J (last section towards the biggest bus shelter). If they are selling the tickets from row 1 upwards then we must be almost sold out. Unless that was the only section where they could give us 5 seats together.

Alex Trager
22-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Let me tell you that topped any game that season!!! it was excellent

bboy
22-10-2009, 02:35 PM
as it say's on the fishy site mon the cabbage:thumbsup:

lyonhibs
22-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Woof!! I'm glad I got my digit out and bought one yesterday :thumbsup:

JeMeSouviens
22-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I'm in row 22 of block J (last section towards the biggest bus shelter). If they are selling the tickets from row 1 upwards then we must be almost sold out. Unless that was the only section where they could give us 5 seats together.

Block J is one block in, H is the closest one to "burst blood vessel" corner. :wink:

E.C Hibs
22-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Block J is one block in, H is the closest one to "burst blood vessel" corner. :wink:

Oops, I meant Block H, Row 22. Just checked the tickets to make sure :agree:

mouvran
22-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Thought it may be worth trying to see if anyone had a spare ticket for the game. Only one needed.

Cheers

Ritchie
22-10-2009, 03:33 PM

i did!! :thumbsup:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5711/21292199.jpg

GB6
22-10-2009, 04:18 PM
i was there aswell :thumbsup:... what would my fellow hibbies say is the ''best'' section to sit in? ive sat in all the sections apart from H but thats where i will be on the 7th :greengrin... ritchie, how did you get that picture in your post?

magnificent_seven
22-10-2009, 04:25 PM
i would love a spare too if anyone has any going?! :thumbsup:

magnificent_seven
22-10-2009, 07:35 PM
nobody have a spare?

Hermit Crab
22-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Let me tell you that topped any game that season!!! it was excellent

:agree: most definitly

Hermit Crab
22-10-2009, 08:23 PM
i did!! :thumbsup:

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/5711/21292199.jpg

I can see myself in there aswell, what a night that was!

Bryson
22-10-2009, 11:31 PM
Need 2 spares, pm if anyone has any

Thanks

millarco
23-10-2009, 01:32 PM
Was due to play elevens tomorrow for my amateur team but the game has been called off.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have (or know of a) spare ticket for Ibrox?

Had the chance of a ticket but opted to play for the team out of loyalty but it's backfired now!

Any help appreciated.

If Only
24-10-2009, 09:09 AM
I know its late notice but I have a spare concession ticket for todays game.p.m. me if interested.

mouvran
24-10-2009, 11:35 AM
I would be interested in that ticket Ifonly. Have sent you a PM.

Cheers