Zemmama - 7.5
Benji - 8.5 - superb!
Stokes - 4 - pish.
Deek - 7

Nish done alright when he came on too.

Thoughts?

Ally
17-10-2009, 05:02 PM
If Wotherspoon was 5.5 Hogg was 4. Constantly letting the ball bounce in dangerous areas.

Broken Gnome
17-10-2009, 05:04 PM
Stack - 6 - Didn't do anything out of the ordinary in a negative or positive way, decent early save though.

Wotherspoon - 6 - Did relatively well against a big and pacy opponent, caught out a few times but stuck to his task.
Murray - 7 - Solid
Bamba - 7 - Once he'd learned how to challenge Kyle without looking like an idiot, and two case of slackness aside, did well. Last ten minutes showed just what a good uncompromising defender he could be.
Hogg - 5.5 - Confidence issues? Decent start to the game, few mistakes occured, then his game went to pot. Guilty of one of the poorest pieces of defensive decision-making and execution I've ever seen.

Miller - 6 - Looked a bit jaded towards the end, didn't impose himself quite as much as in previous weeks but still assured.
McBride - 7 - Decent showing.
Zemmama - 8 - The more frustrating side came to prominence towards the end when he really should have killed the game off, but pace, skill and passing was excellent again.
Riordan - 7 - Best goal threat, not necessarily great performance but looked dangerous. Though at times he does look very easy to defend against when he tries to go outside his man, highlights his lack of pace.

Stokes - 5 - Good workrate, unlucky not to get the break of the ball on occasion, but not really the movement or guile I'd expected of him. Doesn't seem to be the stereotypical goal-poacher everyone wanted, but he'll still score enough to justify his move.
Benji - 8 - Really good unselfish display, held the ball up well, kept his nerve when he needed to.

Judas Iscariot
17-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Stack - 6

Wotherspoon - 6
Hogg - 3
Bamba - 7
Murray - 7

Zouma - 8
McBride - 7
Miller - 7

Riordan - 7
Stokes - 5
Benji - 8

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 05:22 PM
stack defo deserves more than six.

looked solid, dealt with EVERY passback and dangerous through balls. no sclaffs out the park and scares that i recall.

distribution was good and a few good throw outs leading to good attacks before they could get back behind the ball.

Hogg didnt put a foot wrong in 1st half but then disintegrated, looked nervy.

RoslinInstHibby
17-10-2009, 05:29 PM
think the wotherspoon scores are a wee bit harsh, thought the lad had a decent game, never scared to get forward. Zouma was quality, when he turns it on he is a delight to watch, my motm. Hogg????? Wtf has happened to him?

fife hfc
17-10-2009, 06:28 PM
Stack looked more solid today and better distribution very little to do 7

Wotherspoon found it hard going but never gave up. Caught out positionally a few times 6

Murray I feel he does not get up the wing as much with Deek there but solid in defence 7

Hogg solid first half and helped keep Kyle quiet. Then let a few slips creep into his game 6

Bamba superb against Kyle who has caused other teams lots of problems. Sometimes over confident but done his job8

Mcbride excellent today as he broke up killie attacks and gave our forward players the freedom to attack 8

Miller I felt he was quieter today but still played a number of decent passes 6

Riordan Not his best game but still a goal threat. 6

zemmama when on the ball a joy to watch and felt we should have got the ball to him more 7

stokes worked hard without much coming off against a tight defensive unit 5

Benjelloun excellent game and maybe just finding his feet in his new position just behind Stokes. Willing to drive at the Killie back four and an excellent penalty 7

SUBS Nish okay when came on and worked hard 3
Galbraith showed inexperience when could have held ball up in corners rather than crossing. But very positive player.2

thebakerboy
17-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Stack needs to come off his line more and command area 5
Wotherspoon not a great defender , think he is only at RB because
Yogi wants him in team and where else can he go 5
Hogg started well but had a few scary moments at start of 2nd half
(caused I think by covering Wotherspoon and not getting calls from Stack
and Bamba) then his game went to pieces 5
Bamba had a great battle with Kyle and kept him quiet but think he was guilty of not helping Hogg 7
Murray good game was totally solid and attacked well 7
McBride MOM performance I thought he controlled midfield all afternoon 8
Miller played well for an hour but feel he tired after playing in midweek for Ireland 7
Zouma played in fits and starts but needed better service absolutely
brilliant runs tho a bit greedy late in game 7
Deeks was well controlled by defender but still had a couple of good
attempts on goal 6
Stokes poor game had a couple of chances but never looked like scoring 4
Benji definately not a penalty went down very easily and didnt do enough for me until Yogi gave him a rollicking from the sidelines but still good pen 7
Nish did welll when he came on Galbraith no time to show Cregg on to get us to end did ok

woody47
17-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Player Ratings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stack - 5 - Does he know what size his box is? maybe his coach should show him he can actually come off the ferking line.:grr:

Wotherspoon 5.5 - hot and cold
Hogg - 5.5 - some good stops but some terrible distribution
Bamba - 8 - solid barring a couple of wayward passes
Murray - 8 - solid

McBride - 7 - good covering - always wanting the ball
Miller - 7 - some great touches

Zemmama - 7 -wish he would either look up or pass more often.
Benji - 8.5 - back to what he does best - hard to get the ball off him
Stokes - 4 - was he out last night?
Deek - 6.5 - some good bits and some not so good

Nish - 4 did OK but keep off your ar$e.

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Stack 6 (Done well overall... had a dreadful kick in the second half though)

Wotherspoon 6 (Didnt look as hungry as he has done, but done his role well)
Hogg 6 (Think he gets quite a bit of stick, looked overall solid today)
Bamba 7 (Solid and strong as always... passing has improved a little)
Murray 8 ( Sharp and alert as always... give this man a medal)

Mcbride 7 (Solid at helping out the defenders... and will only get better)
Miller 5 (Not his best performance... but can't fault his work rate)
Zemmama 8 (Does this guy ever have a bad game?)

Riordan 6 (Should stay in the oppositions half... had a few decent chances)
Stokes 5 (Poor by his standards... will need to improve, but I have faith in him)
Benji 8 (Best striker on the park, great work ethic... took penalty well under pressure)

Thompson + Linesmen 2 (Typical SPL Standards) :bitchy:

Yogi 7 (Appeared very vocal and active on the touchline... could have maybe made changes a little earlier in the match)

Jefferies 1 (Fat whinging faced yam) :jamboak:

Barrylavety
17-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Stack - 7
Wotherspoon - 6
Hogg - 5.5
Bamba - 8
Murray - 7.5

Zouma - 8
McBride - 7
Miller - 7

Riordan - 7
Stokes - 6
Benji -7

:greengrin

cleanyman
17-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Riordan getting a 7 is just plain ridiculous. A 6 at best. Thought Bamba, Zemamma,Miller and McBride played well, thats pretty much it.

ano hibby
17-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I thought Wotherspoon got forward very well, he got into the box a lot presumably on instruction. Caught out a couple of times but up against a good looking player. Another step forward for the young man.
Stokes was the weakest link, just didn't look sharp at all, lucky not to get hooked earlier.
Bamba very comitted under the high ball.
Kyle was peesh IMO.

Perspective
17-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Stack (6) - Didn't have much to do and the vast majority of his kicks were good (always safety first). But (and it's a big 'but') his inability to come off his line is going to cost us dearly and that sclaff late on could have cost us the win.

Wotherspoon (6) - Strangely lethargic. Thought he was off the pace a bit but did well to outmuscle Kyle and prevent a certain goal.

Hogg (7) - Excellent first half, followed up with a couple of nervy, sliced clearences in the second half. Playing his way back to best form.

Bamba (7) - Great, brutal physical exchange with Kyle. Thought they both gave as good as they got and played the game in a good spirit.

Murray (6) - Great bursting run down the flank towards the end of the first half. As per usual solid if not spectacular. Would still like a couple of new full-backs (assuming Booth isn't up to it yet).

Zemmama (8) - Brilliant box of tricks and working hard for the cause. If only he could provide the final ball more often but a real pleasure to watch,

McBride (7) - I think he's going to be a contender for POTY. Mopped up brilliantly and always seems to nail his first touch and move the ball on sharply and intelligently. Plays the ball well out of tight situations at the back too.

Miller (6) - Didn't emulate his performance against United. Possible hangover from Ireland game? Possibly lucky to stay on the park, Buaben was sent off for less.

Riordan (7) - Winning me round. Worked really hard for the cause.Maybe the penny has finally dropped and unlucky not to score. Well played.

Stokes (5) - Worries me. I know his movement off the ball is good but I think he's a bit of a passenger just now.

Benji (7) - Great technique, intelligent promptings and working so hard for the team. Welcome back Benji!

While I'm at it, it's good to see a Hibs team with so many players that can kill a ball straight away. Compare it to the (abeit honest) efforts of the Killie players and it's night and day. Benji, Zemmama, Riordan, Miller, McBride and Wotherspoon can all take credit for their first touch.

Sir David Gray
17-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Stack-5 Didn't really have anything to do, particularly in the second half.

Wotherspoon-6 Shaky early on as Sammon took him apart on a couple of occasions.
Hogg-6 Not bad, although quite a few poor clearances in the second half.
Bamba-7 Good second half.
Murray-7 I thought he did well at getting forward and went about his business.

McBride-7 Does his job well.
Miller-7 Not as influential as recent weeks but still looks the part. He will be a huge player for us this season.
Zemmama-8 Class act. Worth the entry fee alone.

Riordan-7 Probably our biggest threat in front of goal and should have scored but I felt he was too easily shoved off the ball at times by the Kilmarnock defence.
Stokes-5 I thought he was poor today.
Benji-7 When he keeps it simple, he is an excellent striker.

I was also quite impressed with Colin Nish when he came on. I thought he held the ball up well and he passed the ball well too.

Galbraith and Cregg didn't get long enough.

Darth Hibbie
17-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Stack - 7 - Couple of decent save and not much else to do. Kicking was pretty good

Wotherspoon - 7 -Thought he played well going forward done alright defensively considering
Hogg - 5 - Poor decision making distribution awful alright defending
Bamba - 8 - Solid
Murray - 7 - Played well looked good going forward should do it more often

Zouma - 8 - Fantastic player.
McBride - 8 -MOM for me Stopped Killie from getting forward and was involved the entire game
Miller - 7 - Played well and showed some skill going to be an important player for us this season

Riordan - 6 - Looks lost out wide sometime but always looks dangerous on the ball. Should try and link up with Murray more
Stokes - 6 - Disappointing today never really done anything wrong I think we just expect better
Benji -7 - Played not bad at all. Thought he looked a bit slow at times but had some nice touches.

Subs all done well. Would be nice to see Galbraith get a bit longer.

All in all we played some great football and defended well. We need to take our chances though. Killie could easily have punished us for the chances we missed.

The ref was awful. And Kyle is a cheating *******

AL-Qaholik
18-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Stack - 6 Dealt with back passes well but really needs to learn that his box extends to the second rectangle, not just the first one...

Wotherspoon - 5.5 Torn apart by Sammon in the first half but looked a wee bit more confident in the 2nd. Got forward well but but caught upfield a few times too.

Hogg - 4 Deary, deary me! What the hell happened to him in the 2nd half??? Have a feeling he'll be hooked for Hunbrox...

Bamba - 7 Solid enough but still wants to be a midfielder - how many times did Yogi have to yell at him to stay in position??

Murray - 8 Solid defensively and a few good forays forward too.

Miller - 6 Obviously feeling the effects of getting a lot of first team action for the first time in a couple of years. Not his usual lively self but still very dangerous with the ball at this feet.

McBride - 7 Very solid and hard working shift from the player that has surprised me most this season! Keep it up Kev!

Zemamma - 8 No stopping the wee man at the moment!! The flick that left two players for dead towards the end was pure class!

Riordan - 6 Looked knackered after 20 minutes but still looks a threat whenever the ball is near him.

Benji - 7 Good shift and looks a threat again but needs to up his work rate a bit. Very well taken penalty considering the pressure he was under as I'm sure most in the ground were hoping Zouma would take it, as I was...

Stokes - 3 Absolute passenger! Should've been hooked at half time. Hasnt looked like scoring in a month - time to stop living off reputation!

Suns:

Cregg - 5 Still feel a bit sorry for him - never really put a foot wrong but there's no way he's getting in ahead of any of our current midfield trio for the forseeable future...

Nish - 6 Did more, in terms of link up play and holding the ball up, in 15 minutes than Stokes has done in 4 weeks!

Galbraith - 5 Bit of a time-wasting substution really...would like to see him get a decent run out soon - but hard to see it happening unless there's injuries and suspensions!

All in all, a very useful 3 points against an incredibly stubborn and well organised Killie. These are the games we would usually lose buy the odd goal in recent seasons...

H18sry
18-10-2009, 09:33 AM
A hard fought win today,which last season we would have lost,the team played as a team and gave everything together,nobody hid and if we want to achieve things this season,that has to be the kind of fighting performance that we put in every game.

Stack His best game in a Hibs shirt he was assured in everything he did and he had a good block early in the game 7

Wotherspoon Shaky start but came on to a game,good engine and very steady 7

Murray As per usual solid if not spectacular,good support down the left flank 7

Hogg Very indifferent game from our skipper solid in patches then he seems to panic when he has the ball at his feet, poor distribution 6

Bamba Great display from Sol he had Kyle in his back pocket and never gave him a sniff, 8.5

Mcbride Good solid display breaking up the Killie play then playing an easy ball to help us keep possession 7.5

Miller not at his best today maybe tired from his recall to the international scene, need to curb his temper lucky to stay on the park.6

Riordan Quiet afternoon for Deek's but still a goal threat . 6.5

Zemmama What a joy to watch, but needs to off load the ball more often as opposed to trying to do it all himself, will be the next player to leave ER for a big fee 7.5

Stokes worked hard gave the defenders a hard time but found space limited 6.5

Benjelloun looking back to his best played well won the [very soft] penalty then tucked it away after fighting with Zooma about who should take it 7.5

SUBS

Nish Put himself about, won us a couple of free kicks but need's to take off his ice skates and stay on his feet more 6.5

Gregg Asked to help shore up the middle of the park when we were 1 up 6
Galbraith Little time to show what he's made of, will be a player to watch in the months to come.6

REF Very poor today every decision seemed to go against Hibs and very surprised he gave a soft penalty, could also have sent off Miller but decided yellow was enough 4

Jack
18-10-2009, 10:04 AM
The Killie guy was intimidating Wotherspoon almost all game, getting away with all sorts of underhand stuff. Step in Liam Miller. This is how its done young man, foul against Miller. After that the Killie boy wasn't a problem.
Well done Liam, well the young apprentice!