PDA

View Full Version : Benji

Teo10
17-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Thoughts on him today?

I thought he was brilliant, the benji of old. He held the ball up very well as well as showing he can still beat a man and also find a pass. Looked very up for it today and encouraging the team on, deserved his goal with a neat penalty.

Well done Benji:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Westie1875
17-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Thoughts on him today?

I thought he was brilliant, the benji of old. He held the ball up very well as well as showing he can still beat a man and also find a pass. Looked very up for it today and encouraging the team on, deserved his goal with a neat penalty.

Loved him today, looking forward to Benji & Zoomer vs Weir next week :agree::thumbsup:

Sprouleflyer
17-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Thoughts on him today?

Always played the simple ball and kept the play moving. Can only think of one time when he lost the ball in the 2nd half when it hit his standing foot.

Great penalty, well done Benji, looks like he is enjoying his football again!!!!

Hibs90
17-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Thoughts on him today?

Was just about to post the exact same thing.

Judas Iscariot
17-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Good post Barack :agree:

Benji was very good today, looked like Benji of old! Few times he turned his man but chose not to shoot, hopefully this goal will give him the confidence to start shooting again!

Folk around me were calling for him to be subbed for Nish, which was a ridiculous shout IMO! Stokes was the right guy to withdraw as he'd been extremely poor!

Nish was good when he came on too..

Few headaches for Yogi next week selection wise I imagine!

Good headaches though :greengrin

RoYO!
17-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Loved him today, looking forward to Benji & Zoomer vs Weir next week :agree::thumbsup:

oooh aye! :devil:

looking forward to that game even more now!

EVENTUALLY
17-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Benji....Man of the Match by a mile.

EasterRoad4Ever
17-10-2009, 05:23 PM
Good post Barack :agree:

Benji was very good today, looked like Benji of old! Few times he turned his man but chose not to shoot, hopefully this goal will give him the confidence to start shooting again!

Folk around me were calling for him to be subbed for Nish, which was a ridiculous shout IMO! Stokes was the right guy to withdraw as he'd been extremely poor!

Nish was good when he came on too..

Few headaches for Yogi next week selection wise I imagine!

Good headaches though :greengrin

:agree:Yogi can't afford to go with the same formation as the last 3 games - far too attacking. If we can keep it tight at Hunbrox, we might have a chance of picking some point up. This will be a real test of Yogi's management skills.

truehibernian
17-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Benji was MOM today, followed closely by Ian Murray. He looked good on the ball, deft touches which linked up play excellently, and looked keen to track back and help. Only slight criticism was his wee bit of play acting at the end when he could have just got on with it. He is one of the most technically gifted at the club though, there's no doubt. Zemmama may get many people's votes for MOM but I thought the wee fella over elaborated at times today.......superb player though and is a joy to watch.

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 06:12 PM
Cmon.... some of you are just making this up...

You know Zemmama always deserves MOTM. :cool2:

Sas_The_Hibby
17-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Glad to see Benji kiss the badge too - it just proves that Hibs are the only club he's ever wanted to play for............. :wink::duck:

hibsbollah
17-10-2009, 06:18 PM
:agree:Yogi can't afford to go with the same formation as the last 3 games - far too attacking. If we can keep it tight at Hunbrox, we might have a chance of picking some point up. This will be a real test of Yogi's management skills.

Judging by Rangers' performance earlier today, we should be putting all the pressure on their back 4 as we can. I'd play the same team again if I was Yogi. If he decides to be a bit more conservative, maybe drop Stokes to the bench and bring Cregg into the midfield?

Luna_Asylum
17-10-2009, 06:18 PM
Cmon.... some of you are just making this up...

You know Zemmama always deserves MOTM. :cool2:

Benji for me

Perspective
17-10-2009, 07:53 PM
We all know he's great going forward, but today he was tracking back (to the edge of his own box at times) to scrap for the cause.

It's a wonderful thing to see him playing football with a smile on his face again.

To think it was only a short time ago that he was being demonised by the apparent majority on here, with multiple offers to drive him out of the country.

EuanH78
17-10-2009, 08:12 PM

Got to disagree, I think we should be trying to get rangers to fight us 'pound for pound' so to speak.

Going to Ibrox and shutting up shop is almost exactly what Killie did at ER today. i thought they were very good defensively but offered little in attacking options. They might have got a goal and been able to sit on it but they didnt, there's no way we should adopt that strategy for the Ibrox.

I think the Huns are as weak as I've ever seen them and we should go straight for the jugular IMHO.

NOLA
17-10-2009, 08:31 PM
every striker has a team they like scoring against and in Benji's case it's killie! Cheer up jim jeffries...:whistle:

renato
17-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Thoughts on him today?

Well said wee man, or is it Barack :greengrin

Great ability, great work ethic, great penalty and MOTM today. More of this every week please Benji :fez:

Winston Ingram
17-10-2009, 09:13 PM
i thought he worked his nuts off against DU. Same again today.

He's drowning in ability and if he carries on like this, what a player he'll be:agree:

CapitalHibs
18-10-2009, 12:09 AM
i thought he worked his nuts off against DU. Same again today.

He's drowning in ability and if he carries on like this, what a player he'll be:agree:

That penalty...

Short run-up..

Very little backlift...

But that ball went like a snooker shot into the bottom right corner:greengrin

Brilliant!

poolman
18-10-2009, 12:27 AM
oooh aye! :devil:

looking forward to that game even more now!

:drool:

SouthMoroccoStu
18-10-2009, 07:24 AM
That penalty...

Short run-up..

Very little backlift...

But that ball went like a snooker shot into the bottom right corner:greengrin

Brilliant!

:agree: Great penalty!!

Little sign of nerves / unlike myself......