PDA

View Full Version : Hibs announce new ticketing arrangements

Pete70
16-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Details on the club website.

New access cards to be sent out to season ticket holders soon.

greenlex
16-10-2009, 09:02 PM
:hmmm: Interesting. Here's the link

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/new-ticketing-services-announced-20091016_2262950_1828421

G15 Hibs
16-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Seems odd to be doing this mid-season. Lets hope everyone gets their new cards, given that there's postal strikes etc already on the go. It might be an idea to turn up early for the games on 28 Nov and 5 Dec. I remember there being problems at other grounds when these new systems were put in.

fife hfc
16-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Does the link up with ticketmaster (rip off merchants) mean they will charge you a booking fee if you top up the card for a cup game. not too keen on that and would rather go to the ticket office than give them any money.

blackhibee
16-10-2009, 09:36 PM
Seems odd to be doing this mid-season. Lets hope everyone gets their new cards, given that there's postal strikes etc already on the go. It might be an idea to turn up early for the games on 28 Nov and 5 Dec. I remember there being problems at other grounds when these new systems were put in.

Yep, good idea IMHO. Celtic and Aberdeen both had problems with it at the start, I seem to remember hearing on Sportsound that some Celtic fans had to wait half an hour or so to get into the ground.

Mikey
16-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Good stuff. Looks like things are falling into place. I hope the postal strike doesn't scupper their plans.

greenlex
16-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Would it really matter when it's done? if it ****s up it ****s up. Begining middle or end of season makes no odds really.
Agree about turning up early though. :agree:

EasterRoad4Ever
16-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Gotta be welcomed. For a s long as I can remember Hibs ticketing system has been joke. The new system sound like a quantum leap into the 21st century :thumbsup: Here's hoping they can get it to work.

HibbyAndy
16-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Good stuff. Looks like things are falling into place. I hope the postal strike doesn't scupper their plans.

:devil::devil::devil:

hibsboy90
16-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Wonder how Behind the goals will be able to tell who is a ST holder, and who isn't. Unless ST's have a picture of Deek, and non ST's a pic of Nade :greengrin

Jonnyboy
16-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Wonder how Behind the goals will be able to tell who is a ST holder, and who isn't. Unless ST's have a picture of Deek, and non ST's a pic of Nade :greengrin

What a ridiculous idea

Just imagine how big a card would have to be if Nade's pic was on it :greengrin

NYHibby
16-10-2009, 10:28 PM
How does this work with individual tickets? Do you get a new card each time? Does the person doing the scanning hold on to it?

MyJo
16-10-2009, 10:30 PM
What a ridiculous idea

Just imagine how big a card would have to be if Nade's pic was on it :greengrin

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/average-credit-score-2.jpg

MyJo
16-10-2009, 10:33 PM
How does this work with individual tickets. Do you get a new card each time? Does the person doing scanning hold on to it?

you'll get a ticket with a unique barcode on it, you scan the barcode as you enter the ground and the ticketing system logs it on the database as being used in realtime so you can't pass the ticket back down the Queue to get another 5 people in after you :greengrin:

the ticket becomes useless once its scanned so you'll just keep it.

Jonnyboy
16-10-2009, 10:34 PM
http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/average-credit-score-2.jpg

:greengrin

On a serious note, I hope it's more reliable than the one at Hamilton cos loads of fans were late in because of the poor barcode system at the turnstiles

Hibs07p
17-10-2009, 06:31 AM

It is a good idea to introduce this new system now while people still have season tickets, if problems arise with the new system, surely people will be able to get in easily enough with their season ticket?

s.a.m
17-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Is it a simple barcode entry gate, or is it linked to an information screen for the turn-stile operator? (Which would mean you couldn't pass on a ticket for a game?)

Keith_M
17-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Oops, wrong thread.....................................

GlesgaeHibby
17-10-2009, 08:09 AM
So will this be the end of cash turnstyles?

What about PATG fans?

Keith_M
17-10-2009, 08:28 AM

What about PATG fans?

Reading between the lines, it seems so, yes. Looks like you'll have to queue up twice, once for the ticket and second time at the turnstyle. I can't see how that's efficient.

greenlex
17-10-2009, 08:34 AM

What about PATG fans?
Maybe not but it will probably be limited specific turnstyles for games with smaller crowds. It would be daft to put fans off because they might have to join a line twice. :agree:

ArabHibee
17-10-2009, 09:19 AM
:greengrin

On a serious note, I hope it's more reliable than the one at Hamilton cos loads of fans were late in because of the poor barcode system at the turnstiles

:confused: What barcode system at Hamilton? I paid cash at the gate and the steward gave me a ticket stub.

OtterHibee
17-10-2009, 09:33 AM
:confused: What barcode system at Hamilton? I paid cash at the gate and the steward gave me a ticket stub.

:agree:

It was Falkirk that had the bar coded tickets. Although TBF, Hamilton was murder for getting into the ground as well.

Steve-O
17-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Over here they have ticket booths outside the ground, and you need to buy a ticket, and then go through a turnstile where the ticket is scanned.

It's pretty annoying sometimes to be honest because the amount of fannying about that goes on getting tickets printed means the queues don't move anywhere near as quick as a cash gate, or a gate where you just hand over a ticket.

I await the threads moaning about massive queues with baited breath :greengrin

Pete70
17-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Reading between the lines, it seems so, yes. Looks like you'll have to queue up twice, once for the ticket and second time at the turnstyle. I can't see how that's efficient.

You will be able to buy a ticket online and print it off at home

jgl07
17-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Postal strike?

How would anybody notice?