PDA

View Full Version : Walter Smith's comments in Scotsman

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Very insulting article in Scotsman regarding Walter Smith's opinion on the changes that have to be made for Scottish football to succeed. He knows that waiting for an invite from England is futile but talks about a European league in which the OF,Hearts and Aberdeen will have an opportunity to play in. Not mentioning a club like Hibs is completely insulting to Scottish football.
It's obvious he intentionally neglected us.
Hopefully this weekend we'll see Rangers going below us in the league....

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/39Old-Firm-must-go-or.5739563.jp

HibbyAndy
16-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Totall Hun twat!

Huns never get an easy game at ER and considering weve pumped them mare times at Ipox mare than anyone else in recent times ( and i include you Septic! so stick that in your bigoted pipe and smoke it hard!) then the guys a grade 'A' plum.

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 06:03 PM
we can all argue all day long whether Hibs or Hearts are bigger but one things for sure we're a bigger club than Aberdeen:grr:

magpie1892
16-10-2009, 06:14 PM
Think you're reading a bit too much into Uncle Wally's omission, to be honest.

hibiedude
16-10-2009, 06:14 PM
They know that going to England was a non starter because there not wanted down there so now they hope that a new euro league is the answer. how sad is it they think that Scotland is holding them back I've always thought it was the other way round. Manchester has already had a sample of what the old firm bring to the table.

Removed
16-10-2009, 06:18 PM
we can all argue all day long whether Hibs or Hearts are bigger but one things for sure we're a bigger club than Aberdeen:grr:

Depends how you judge size. We're nowhere near as successful in honours as the sheep. We can't compete with Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup, 3 SPL titles, 7 scottish cups, 5 league cups. In fact can any other team outside the old firm beat that :dunno:

Si_17
16-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Watty Smith is a pompous old erse...

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Depends how you judge size. We're nowhere near as successful in honours as the sheep. We can't compete with Cup Winners Cup, Super Cup, 3 SPL titles, 7 scottish cups, 5 league cups. In fact can any other team outside the old firm beat that :dunno:

No, but the history and longevity and supporters of a club go along way.....

Removed
16-10-2009, 06:36 PM
No, but the history and longevity and supporters of a club go along way.....

But I bet they would say the same to us, we are only a few years older than them. I don't know anything about their history but I do know that they bring way more fans to ER than we take up there, what does that say about their supporters?

Bad Martini
16-10-2009, 06:38 PM

Walter, the big hun Judas can be trusted as much as a rattlesnake in pursuit of riches over honour.

True, but of recent times they have been nowhere near the force they were. And we never touched farm animals inappropriately...:dunno:

Also, nice Gixxer ye have there (but remember, like puppies, they aren't just for Xmas (or Summer) :greengrin :coolhib:

HibbyAndy
16-10-2009, 06:38 PM
But I bet they would say the same to us, we are only a few years older than them. I don't know anything about their history but I do know that they bring way more fans to ER than we take up there, what does that say about their supporters?

And we take mare to home games than they do.

What does thay say about there supporters?

Bad Martini
16-10-2009, 06:40 PM

It says they have nowt to do up there and a daytrip oot for them is always welcome. We, on the other hand, have Hibs and of course, the cinema (C) Robert Williamson :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-10-2009, 06:44 PM
It says they have nowt to do up there and a daytrip oot for them is always welcome. We, on the other hand, have Hibs and of course, the cinema (C) Robert Williamson :greengrin

:greengrin

Aye good old Blobby eh, forgot aboot him briefly :cool2:

Aberdeen, one city,nae fans, nae luck/ nae chance.

Bad Martini
16-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Aberdeen, one city,nae fans, nae luck/ nae chance.

...plenty granite mind, and also, lots of sheep. :greengrin

FranckSuzy
16-10-2009, 06:45 PM

There's a few 'glory hunter' Aberdeen fans kicking about here from the 80's. A trip to ER is probably the only game they'll see all season.

Sumner
16-10-2009, 06:46 PM
time the old goat retired, and refrained from spouting the pi$h

HibbyAndy
16-10-2009, 06:48 PM
There's a few 'glory hunter' Aberdeen fans kicking about here from the 80's. A trip to ER is probably the only game they'll see all season.

Ken a few masel:agree:

Still living in Jim Bett Theo Sneljders and Hans Gilhaus land rather than Mark Kerr Darren Mackie and Mo Ross land :greengrin

Removed
16-10-2009, 06:49 PM
True, but of recent times they have been nowhere near the force they were. And we never touched farm animals inappropriately...:dunno:

Also, nice Gixxer ye have there (but remember, like puppies, they aren't just for Xmas (or Summer) :greengrin :coolhib:

:agree: Two Dons supporting farmers are flying with their herd of sheep to a new farm.
Suddenly, the plane engine fails and it rapidly descends towards the ground.
Dons Fan 1: Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!
Dons Fan 2: What about the sheep ???
Dons Fan 1: **** the sheep!!!
Dons Fan 2: ...(pause)... Do you think we have time?

Oh and the GSV-R, wish it was mine but my name is unfortunately not Capirossi. And my gixer is nicely tucked away till April, getting too soft for winter riding.

Westie1875
16-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Well thats Yogi's team talk for next week taken care of, Smith is a muppet. :bye:

Bad Martini
16-10-2009, 07:02 PM
:agree: Two Dons supporting farmers are flying with their herd of sheep to a new farm.
Suddenly, the plane engine fails and it rapidly descends towards the ground.
Dons Fan 1: Quick! Grab a parachute and jump!
Dons Fan 2: What about the sheep ???
Dons Fan 1: **** the sheep!!!
Dons Fan 2: ...(pause)... Do you think we have time?

:thumbsup:

Oh and the GSV-R, wish it was mine but my name is unfortunately not Capirossi. And my gixer is nicely tucked away till April, getting too soft for winter riding.

Sorry mate, I ken auld Loris wouldnae be happy with ye getting the same kinda knee doon action as him as ye hurtle roond Sherifhall, ripping doon the A7 on his Givver, with his Rizla paint and indeed, his 65 numberboard.....(I spied another thread where ye did have a Gixxer) :greengrin

April????? April????? Mate, this isn't it here is it?
http://www.suzukigsxr1000.com/gallery2/d/51-2/pink+gsxr+1000.jpg - April indeed. Get the optimate on the battery and give it some :rules::rockin:

Sir David Gray
16-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Far be it for me to defend Walter Smith but the part of the article that mentions Aberdeen and Hearts is not a direct quote from him and it mentions "clubs such as Aberdeen and Hearts" and I would put Hibs in that bracket.

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 07:33 PM

My point is Walter Smith mentioned Hearts and Aberdeen but not Hibs. Don't you think he was being disrespectful to a club like Hibs especially since we're one of the few teams who can beat them on a regular basis !

greenginger
16-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Perhaps the "irrevocable decline of the game in Scotland" could have been halted had we qualified for Euro 2008.

Unfortunately we had a treacherous manager Walter Smith who jacked the job in half way through the qualifying stage to take the Rangers post.

Not saying we would definitely succeeded if he'd kept to his contract but we don't need a traitor like him lecturing us on the solution for Scottish Football.

He should be persona non grata at any football discussions.

greenlex
16-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Dinnae really ken aboot him spouting pish but when the **** did he dye his hair blonde?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8311253.stm

heretoday
16-10-2009, 09:10 PM
I hate Walter Smith.

Removed
17-10-2009, 10:15 AM

Sorry mate, I ken auld Loris wouldnae be happy with ye getting the same kinda knee doon action as him as ye hurtle roond Sherifhall, ripping doon the A7 on his Givver, with his Rizla paint and indeed, his 65 numberboard.....(I spied another thread where ye did have a Gixxer) :greengrin

April????? April????? Mate, this isn't it here is it?
http://www.suzukigsxr1000.com/gallery2/d/51-2/pink+gsxr+1000.jpg - April indeed. Get the optimate on the battery and give it some :rules::rockin:

:cool2: No, not mine, but nice paintjob, matches my leathers :wink: That bike defo not a thou, looks like a 600, one for the girls and pansies imo :greengrin

And the optimate is on, did you mean get it off :dunno:

Craig_in_Prague
17-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Can we please please please go there and spank them again, with fans singing the EPL, youre haven a laugh, or atlantic league.

Hate them so much :grr:

Removed
17-10-2009, 10:20 AM
My point is Walter Smith mentioned Hearts and Aberdeen but not Hibs. Don't you think he was being disrespectful to a club like Hibs especially since we're one of the few teams who can beat them on a regular basis !

But we're not one of the teams that have played in Europe on a regular basis lately are we.

I don't think he was being disrepectful in that he made a slur against Hibs on purpose - he didn't mention Dundee Utd either from the quotes I've seen on here and I think Rangers people have more reason to dislike Aberdeen than us.

Like someone else posted I think more is being read into this than was meant but there again Walter Smith and the rest of them continually spout a load of pish so it's best we ignore it all. The sooner they **** off the better for the rest of us.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Never liked the man, I wonder if he reads hibs.net. Wee team maybe, only team very soon certainly.

poolman
17-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Totall Hun twat!

Huns never get an easy game at ER and considering weve pumped them mare times at Ipox mare than anyone else in recent times ( and i include you Septic! so stick that in your bigoted pipe and smoke it hard!) then the guys a grade 'A' plum.

:agree: ****in knob-end of a man

Patronising tool

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2009, 11:35 AM
:agree: ****in knob-end of a man

Patronising tool

Maybe we should have given them Broonie for the £50 + a nudie book that they so generously offered?

Bad Martini
17-10-2009, 11:39 AM
:cool2: No, not mine, but nice paintjob, matches my leathers :wink: That bike defo not a thou, looks like a 600, one for the girls and pansies imo :greengrin

And the optimate is on, did you mean get it off :dunno:

Yer right, now I look closely its a k7 600 or 750 (check the short exhaust which is the giveaway). If its a 750 its nae girly pansie machine unless yer stoner himself and can work the extra few mph and ponies to yer advantage :greengrin

Indeed I do. My bad....no optimate needed when the feker is running and charging the battweery for ye amigo. Keep it shiny side up anyway mate :thumbsup:

poolman
17-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Dinnae really ken aboot him spouting pish but when the **** did he dye his hair blonde?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8311253.stm

He did it because his brother did it as well

http://media.photobucket.com/image/ape%20with%20blond%20hair/thelostkaiju/spectreman27L.jpg

Steve-O
17-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Wattie is just bitter because other than 3 seasons out of about 12, his record in Europe is total piss.

Tinyclothes
17-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Walter Smith has the face of a fisherman's scrotum

HibbyAndy
17-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Walter Smith has the face of a fisherman's scrotum

:hilarious :hilarious