PDA

View Full Version : Darren Barr

dhmf
16-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Apparently according to the bbc football gossip section Darren barr has rejected a contract from Falkirk, they only offered him 1 year which a found strange. A hope he turned it down as he is coming to us:thumbsup:

MyJo
16-10-2009, 12:10 PM
I believe that both he and Arfield rejected contracts at the start of the season as well. If this is true then it looks like Barr has decided he is moving so a pre-contract in January with the prospect of concluding the move before the end of the transfer window like we did with Nish would be ideal!

Jack
16-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Just read an article a wee while ago.

DBarr has been offered a years extension to his contract and it will be on the table until his current contract expires. May (but may not) said that if DBarr wants to negotiate a longer deal FFC would be only too happy to consider it.

The same article said something along the lines of 'Darren Barr, who has been linked with both Hibs and Hearts' … I mean, apart from freebie thick0 Black, which Scottish based player is going to sign for them?

There was also chat about extending contracts for another couple of players whose contracts still have 3 years to run.

Andy74
16-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Surely a cert to be here when his conract runs out. With Bamba away after the year on international duty I'm sure we'll look to do something in January once we have the pre contract sorted.

Jack
16-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Surely a cert to be here when his conract runs out. With Bamba away after the year on international duty I'm sure we'll look to do something in January once we have the pre contract sorted.

Actually that makes very good sense. :agree:

Darren comes in January to fill in for Sol while he’s away increasing his value in the Africa’s Cup, or whatever it is, and Darren fits into the team. Then once Sol has become a stand out in the World Cup, worth many millions, he's off to the EPL and we still have a international defender replacement to fill his boots.

I love it when a plan comes together. :greengrin

Well sorted Petrie :applause:

heretoday
16-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Maybe we should acquire Fergus the Fox too. I don't think we've had a credible mascot for ages, if ever.

Exiled Hibby
16-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Maybe we should acquire Fergus the Fox too. I don't think we've had a credible mascot for ages, if ever.

keep the heid:wink:

Gus
16-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Makes quite good sense Falkirk offering only a one year deal, they are aware he wants away but can demand more money if he has a longer contract

Toaods
16-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Makes quite good sense Falkirk offering only a one year deal, they are aware he wants away but can demand more money if he has a longer contract

but if he doesn't sign it, they are wasting their time. Sounds to me like Eddie May is trying to stir up a bit of fan reaction to him pre-window because he knows the move to ER is going to be impossible to stop now.

NORTHERNHIBBY
16-10-2009, 06:00 PM

But they could offer him a three year deal to protect their investment, and still let him go next summer.

NOLA
16-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Is Darren Barr that good? i'm not sure about him TBH but if yogi rates him i'll bow to his football knowledge:agree:

heretoday
16-10-2009, 08:34 PM
He's not very good. For heaven's sake why can't Hibs sign some top cats for a change?

Mr Green Genes
17-10-2009, 10:02 AM
The Football Rumours site reckon DB is going to Cardiff in January......believe that if you will............