PDA

View Full Version : Hibs new range of merchandise - Vote now!!

RIP
16-10-2009, 09:13 AM
(Following on from previous thread but only if you would ever consider buying clothing from Hibs)

Your turn to rate the new range of mens clothing recently designed for Hibs fans. If you like the clothing - please say so. If lukewarm - rate accordingly. If you think it's bauf - use your vote. Positive and negative ratings welcome.

Please click on both links below. Results will be mailed to Hibernian FC.

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-63-prodlist-250

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-64-prodlist-251

IWasThere2016
16-10-2009, 11:35 AM
(Following on from previous thread but only if you would ever consider buying clothing from Hibs)

Your turn to rate the new range of mens clothing recently designed for Hibs fans. If you like the clothing - please say so. If lukewarm - rate accordingly. If you think it's bauf - use your vote. Positive and negative ratings welcome.

Please click on both links below. Results will be mailed to Hibernian FC.

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-63-prodlist-250

http://www.hibsshop.co.uk/list-64-prodlist-251

49 - the L&S gear in the wrong green. Its a very Cellic lime IMHO! :grr:

The other range I like ..

MacBean
16-10-2009, 12:27 PM
49 - the L&S gear in the wrong green. Its a very Cellic lime IMHO! :grr:

The other range I like ..
:agree:

Mikey
17-10-2009, 07:28 PM
I made a point of seeing what all the fuss was about today.

I went in to the club shop to see the stuff for myself. I thought the design looked pretty good and the quality was high. I checked out the £55 polo shirt that so many people seem to have a problem with. Compared to other fashion items it's easy to see why it's £55. I wouldn't buy one myself, but that's just me. There are plenty of people out there who are willing to spend that amount of money on an item of clothing and that's the club's target market.

I then went into Behind The Goals and caught up with Fife Hyland. He made a few interesting points........

It's the best selling range the shop has ever had.
They sold over 400 units from that range last weekend, despite the fact that there was no home game.
Once the stock is gone that's it! He plans to rotate the range every quarter. That means that you won't see the same stuff for sale all season. There have been complaints about the lack of variety in the past so that has to be a good thing.
He'll be looking for design ideas from the fans when he holds the Focus Groups in the New Year.
He conceded that the pictures in the online shop are poor but they've done something about that. Pictures have been taken of the players wearing them and that will form the main marketing tool for the range shortly.

I have a question for those who gave the range a poor rating in this poll. There are 22 of you who voted 3 or below. Have you actually seen the stuff in the flesh or are you basing it on the pictures on the website? I think if you went in to have a look and a feel you would change your view.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2009, 09:08 PM
I went in today and thought the stuff was awful. The L&S stuff looks decent, but imho the colours are all wrong. I spoke to i think was the manager, he says its flying out the door, and they are getting a range of it in black. I think i will buy one of those. As for the rest, again imho they look cheap and nasty, the designs are awful, but again the guy says they are the best selling stuff in the clubs history, so what do i know? Its not for me, i usually buy 2 or 3 items, but today i left empty handed. Its not for me, but someone must be buying it.:thumbsup:

ArabHibee
17-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Definitely wrong colour of green. :bitchy:

Removed
17-10-2009, 09:25 PM
I have a question for those who gave the range a poor rating in this poll. There are 22 of you who voted 3 or below. Have you actually seen the stuff in the flesh or are you basing it on the pictures on the website? I think if you went in to have a look and a feel you would change your view.

Not one of the 22 who voted but I will and it will be low. I went in and saw the new range today and it looked pretty tacky imo. I wanted to buy something but I didn't like the colours, the designs, or the logo, but even if I had I would have been frightened off by the prices :bitchy:

But if they are selling then great, I know nothing about fashion anyway.

MSK
17-10-2009, 09:28 PM
We have spent an absolute fortune in the hibs shop throughout the years but nowadays things are just too costly ...i hope tae f the bowls stickers will be cheap or else im snookered ..:rolleyes:

ArabHibee
17-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Did anyone see the hand-made Christmas Cards? I think they were either 1.99 or 2.99 each.

Nursery school kids could make a better effort than these. Shocking from HFC.

Mikey
17-10-2009, 09:59 PM
I went in today and thought the stuff was awful. The L&S stuff looks decent, but imho the colours are all wrong. I spoke to i think was the manager, he says its flying out the door, and they are getting a range of it in black. I think i will buy one of those. As for the rest, again imho they look cheap and nasty, the designs are awful, but again the guy says they are the best selling stuff in the clubs history, so what do i know? Its not for me, i usually buy 2 or 3 items, but today i left empty handed. Its not for me, but someone must be buying it.:thumbsup:

Surely the club are justified in having this range given that it's selling well. It's not everyone's cup of tea but there's plenty of choice and each line seems to have people who are happy to buy it. I wouldn't buy an expensive designer shirt but plenty others will and by the sound of things the club are doing well out of it. In terms of sales they seem to have got it right.

Definitely wrong colour of green. :bitchy:

If all items were the same shade of green there wouldn't be much choice! It's a range of clothing and there are different shades of green within the range.

Not one of the 22 who voted but I will and it will be low. I went in and saw the new range today and it looked pretty tacky imo. I wanted to buy something but I didn't like the colours, the designs, or the logo, but even if I had I would have been frightened off by the prices :bitchy:

But if they are selling then great, I know nothing about fashion anyway.

The logo is the same as the original "h" on the first shirt worn by the club.

The cost is surely relative. Those who like to spend a lot of money on designer clothes have something to choose from. If you're not into that sort of thing you buy something cheaper or you don't buy anything at all. That's the customer's decision. I don't think the club should be lambasted for selling expensive gear, as long as it's worth the money. If there's a demand for it, as there seems to be, they should provide it.

Removed
17-10-2009, 10:13 PM

The cost is surely relative. Those who like to spend a lot of money on designer clothes have something to choose from. If you're not into that sort of thing you buy something cheaper or you don't buy anything at all. That's the customer's decision. I don't think the club should be lambasted for selling expensive gear, as long as it's worth the money. If there's a demand for it, as there seems to be, they should provide it.

Original "h", so what, still don't like it. I didn't buy anything and yes that was my choice, just like any purchase I make in any shop. I'm not sure who was lambasting the club but you asked for the views of people who'd seen them and touched them. I gave my view as did others. If the club has a range that sells then that's fantastic, just not my taste but if others like the new gear then great, well done Fyfe and the club.

blackpoolhibs
17-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Surely the club are justified in having this range given that it's selling well. It's not everyone's cup of tea but there's plenty of choice and each line seems to have people who are happy to buy it. I wouldn't buy an expensive designer shirt but plenty others will and by the sound of things the club are doing well out of it. In terms of sales they seem to have got it right..

I agree, its all justified if they are selling record amounts.:agree: Its just not for me. I think the basic end of the stock is tat, i will certainly not be buying any of it, perhaps the new stock in 4 months time will be more to my liking, the lyle and scott stuff in black i will buy.

ArabHibee
18-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Surely the club are justified in having this range given that it's selling well. It's not everyone's cup of tea but there's plenty of choice and each line seems to have people who are happy to buy it. I wouldn't buy an expensive designer shirt but plenty others will and by the sound of things the club are doing well out of it. In terms of sales they seem to have got it right.

If it's selling well, then it's all good.

If all items were the same shade of green there wouldn't be much choice! It's a range of clothing and there are different shades of green within the range.

But the majority of the shades are a pukey lime colour, again as someone has previously stated, very near to the Smeltc lime colour. :jamboak:
No shade, as far as I could see, near to the colour of the hibs strip though.

I spend a lot of money on designer clothes but I wouldn't buy any of this. But that's just my opinion and you asked people who had seen and touched it what they thought. My main dislike is definitely the colour of it. If they bring something out in black, then I might buy.
But then again, I might not. As I think Scott & Lyle is chavvy. :cool2:

Nameless
18-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Links not working, anybody got any pics?

joe breezy
18-10-2009, 12:56 PM
It seems it is already sold out so that answers the question. Who cares if a few people on an internet forum don't like it.

If it's sold out I think that's probably a far better indication of the success of the range.

ArabHibee
18-10-2009, 01:20 PM
It seems it is already sold out so that answers the question. Who cares if a few people on an internet forum don't like it.

If it's sold out I think that's probably a far better indication of the success of the range.

Aye, probably sold out coz they only got a 100 of each made to see how it would sell and the chavs have snapped it up.

Nobody cares if a few people on an internet forum don't like it but the OP obviously does as he started the thread in the first place!

joe breezy
18-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Aye, probably sold out coz they only got a 100 of each made to see how it would sell and the chavs have snapped it up.

Nobody cares if a few people on an internet forum don't like it but the OP obviously does as he started the thread in the first place!

Fine, I'm happy for any Hibs venture to do well.
I personally find the range more appealing than most of what they've had before. Could it be better? Probably, and hopefully there may be more improvements in the future.

RIP
19-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I then went into Behind The Goals and caught up with Fife Hyland. He made a few interesting points........

It's the best selling range the shop has ever had.
They sold over 400 units from that range last weekend, despite the fact that there was no home game.
Once the stock is gone that's it! He plans to rotate the range every quarter. That means that you won't see the same stuff for sale all season. There have been complaints about the lack of variety in the past so that has to be a good thing.
He'll be looking for design ideas from the fans when he holds the Focus Groups in the New Year.
He conceded that the pictures in the online shop are poor but they've done something about that. Pictures have been taken of the players wearing them and that will form the main marketing tool for the range shortly.

Good points!!

As the original links no longer work this means either the range has now sold out or will be re-marketed worn by the players and not the headless shapeless youth in the original pics?

I reckon the club should launch it's own Brand. What would be a classy name?

Harp and Castle
Persevere

Anyone?

Mikey
19-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I reckon the club should launch it's own Brand.

I wouldn't expect them to do that. They'll argue that they're a football club, not a fashion design company :greengrin

Buying wine bars in Bath seemed a good idea at the time, but............. :wink:

RIP
22-10-2009, 08:36 AM
As the original links no longer work this means either the range has now sold out or will be re-marketed worn by the players and not the headless shapeless youth in the original pics?

Not sold out. I was in the club shop yersterday and there were racks upon racks of this new stuff. They have been removed from the online clubstore now though - possible to be modelled by players in the run up to XMAS?

blackpoolhibs
22-10-2009, 09:38 AM
I wouldn't expect them to do that. They'll argue that they're a football club, not a fashion design company :greengrin

Buying wine bars in Bath seemed a good idea at the time, but............. :wink:

I'd have thought the HFC originals is sort of their own brand of designer wear.

MB62
22-10-2009, 09:54 AM
I was in the shop a couple of weeks ago and quite like the gear on display. Must admit the lime green stuff put me off for reasons stated by everyone before, but liked a lot of the other clothing on display.

marcegan
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
This is really interesting stuff guys, sounds like the majority of people seem to have a genuine interest in the time of goods that are getting stocked in the club shop.

I have been working closely with Fife and will be holding focus groups to talk all things merchandise including a lot of the issues you have brought up here such as colour schemes that you feel represent Hibs truly, as well as the matter of pricing amongst others.

So, come support the u19's in their cup game v Falkirk, free entry, free drinks, and free snacks in the executive boxes.

Interested? Email me at marc.egan@strath.ac.uk. Thanks Guys..

Mikey
04-12-2009, 01:41 PM
Funnily enough I was just looking for this thread and it's right under my nose :greengrin

There was plenty said about the range in the club shop in October. The club is now listening and will be holding focus groups this weekend.

So where are you all?

It's YOUR club. Help them put stuff in the shop that YOU want to buy.

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2009, 01:47 PM
Funnily enough I was just looking for this thread and it's right under my nose :greengrin

There was plenty said about the range in the club shop in October. The club is now listening and will be holding focus groups this weekend.

So where are you all?

I was one of those who thought the new range of clothing was not very good. I would love to have been involved in this, but i wont be at the game on saturday.

Andy74
04-12-2009, 01:56 PM

So where are you all?

I go the impression from another invite to this on another thread that it was actually a student dissertation and that Hibs were providing facilities rather than being a focus group run by hibs who would then act on the findings.

The post above looks a bit misleading to me...

Mikey
04-12-2009, 02:00 PM
I go the impression from another invite to this on another thread that it was actually a student dissertation and that Hibs were providing facilities rather than being a focus group run by hibs who would then act on the findings.

The post above looks a bit misleading to me...

Bit of both. Hibs will be using the info gathered.

zlatan
04-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Is it just the L&S stuff we are commenting on here? If not then the HFC Original stuff is vile, it looks cheap and the designs are bloody awful.

I don't really have anything constructive to add to that other than make nicer stuff, with the badge on it.

edit - and there is nowhere near enough variety.

ian cruise
04-12-2009, 02:04 PM
i had to vote a low score. it's just not to my taste, colours not right and designs do not appeal to me at all. like another poster i in the past could happily have spent a small fortune in the club shop but not too much appeals to me at the minute, but that's all a matter of taste. i liked last years merch and i'm sure there will be a range in the future i will spend my hard earned pennies on as well, just not the current range. it's all a matter of taste though

blackpoolhibs
04-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Is it just the L&S stuff we are commenting on here? If not then the HFC Original stuff is vile, it looks cheap and the designs are bloody awful.

I don't really have anything constructive to add to that other than make nicer stuff, with the badge on it.

edit - and there is nowhere near enough variety.

I have to agree, maybe its an age thing but i find the stock awful, and poor quality.:boo hoo: