Hibs90
15-10-2009, 11:14 PM
http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Stokes-insists-he-owes-no.5739528.jp

Gotta agree with him to be honest.

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 02:01 AM

Agree with him about what ? Everytime players go out on the bevy they're vulnerable to be picked on and not just by rival fans either. Especially in a city like Edinburgh. Alot smaller than London where you might not get noticed.
They have a right to go out but it's naive to think it wouldn't jepeordise(sp?) their safety or even career. A true professional wouldn't be stupid enough to.
His quote doesn't help him either, "I don't think I actually did anything wrong" sounds like he's not sure. You either did or did not !

However maybe if he went out this week we can see a couple of goals from him on Saturday:greengrin

Hibbyradge
16-10-2009, 06:21 AM

Yes. He definitely should have scored on his debut. :agree:

Green_one
16-10-2009, 07:08 AM
" just think it was some idiot putting something in the paper."

Yeah, you in this case. Better to have said nothing. He sounds unsure, ommits to mention the fight and admits he needs to avoid such situations. Not exactly a flat denial of blame then. But he raises the story again. Why?

It would never be mentioned in London, he says. No kidding. But then again he is not in London and he did attract press at his previous club.

Not sure he has learnt his lesson and will not appear again in another story.

Concentrate on the FOOTBALL!!!!

poolman
16-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Couple of "holier-than-thou" posts already on this thread

Keith_M
16-10-2009, 07:48 AM
" just think it was some idiot putting something in the paper."

Yeah, you in this case. Better to have said nothing. He sounds unsure, ommits to mention the fight and admits he needs to avoid such situations. Not exactly a flat denial of blame then. But he raises the story again. Why?

I think this is a case of newspaper 'reporters' desperate to drag this up, more than Stokes mentioning it again.

I feel that the players should really be giiven training in how to deal with the press, in this instance an answer along the lines of "This has already been discussed at length and I've no further comment to make".....

Or maybe a Scotty Broon type, "Ah dunno", would suffice. :greengrin

California-Hibs
16-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Is Stokes only 21?????? I thought he was around 24-25 no? :confused::confused:

Onceinawhile
16-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I met Mr. Stokes through my work (though I didn't realise til I got home) and he was polite and well spoken, even if he was annoyingly quiet which made it awfully hard to understand him. He didn't seem the type to be out fighting.

Wilson
16-10-2009, 09:39 AM
Couple of "holier-than-thou" posts already on this thread

Disagree. A couple of posts from folk that expect footballers to be holier than them. Quite rightly.

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 04:31 PM
I met Mr. Stokes through my work (though I didn't realise til I got home) and he was polite and well spoken, even if he was annoyingly quiet which made it awfully hard to understand him.
He didn't seem the type to be out fighting.

it's those quiet one's you have to look out for

Onceinawhile
16-10-2009, 05:05 PM
it's those quiet one's you have to look out for

Ironically, he was wearing a top with one of the characters from fear and loathing in Las Vegas on it. He didn't look impressed when I said I was reading that book..

500miles
16-10-2009, 05:07 PM
So what would these guys who are condemning Stokes for going out at night do in his position?
Three reasons people go to nightclubs.

1. Because they have the money and they intend to make some use of it.
2. To relax, and have a good time.
3. To get thier leg over.

How would the saints on this thread suggest Stokes do these three things?

Sideshow Bob
16-10-2009, 07:24 PM
So what would these guys who are condemning Stokes for going out at night do in his position?

You seem to be suggesting that going to a Nightclub is the only way to do either 1,2 or 3?

matty_f
16-10-2009, 07:27 PM
It's interesting that Stokes has said that, because Hibs Spain said that all the staff at the club had been contacted about the incident by Hibs and it was actually a big deal, or words to that effect.

Can't for the life of me think, for even one moment, that Hibs Spain was talking pish about it all, so Stokes (who was actually there at the time) must be mistaken.:rolleyes:

joe breezy
16-10-2009, 10:43 PM
You seem to be suggesting that going to a Nightclub is the only way to do either 1,2 or 3?

What are they supposed to do? Go internet dating?

Chuckie
16-10-2009, 11:48 PM

3. Pump his bird.

Hibercelona
17-10-2009, 01:29 AM
Stokes was in the wrong place at the wrong time...

And it went all over the media because he is a football player.

How many people on this board have never been in the wrong place at the wrong time at night?

Just because he's a football player, doesnt mean he isnt human.

Dunbar Hibee
17-10-2009, 01:55 AM
The sad thing is for Professional footballers these days that, ultimately you cant have a night on the town goin out on the lash or you will make the papers.. but being paid that much money i'd rather not take my chances :agree::greengrin

Beefster
17-10-2009, 07:20 AM
It's interesting that Stokes has said that, because Hibs Spain said that all the staff at the club had been contacted about the incident by Hibs and it was actually a big deal, or words to that effect.

Can't for the life of me think, for even one moment, that Hibs Spain was talking pish about it all, so Stokes (who was actually there at the time) must be mistaken.:rolleyes:

Am I the only one left whose chat everyone can trust nowadays?

I was just saying to Kylie and Danni last night before we turned the lights out that I didn't know where why people made stories up. Unfortunately, Beyonce and Cheryl phoned to see if they could come over and join us so we didn't get to finish the conversation.

Phil D. Rolls
17-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Stokes is coming across as a bit of a fud over this story. He was already made to look stupid by acting the big time charlie in Lulu, and now he is denying that he made an *rse of himself. I'd be a lot happier if he was denying that his pal made racist remarks.

At the end of the day though, he's a footballer and a lot of them aren't very nice people. I don't care, I pay to see Hibs not nice people.

Steve-O
17-10-2009, 12:03 PM

Don't think I have ever gone to a nightclub to relax? :confused: