PDA

View Full Version : NHC Newly Rich Birmingham

Cocaine&Caviar
15-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Their new owner Carson Yeung has promised up to £40m to spend in January on new signings.

Theres plenty of talk on Birmingham's BBC 606 page that the likes of Murphy, O'Connor and other squad players could be moved on and some big names coming in, one name that keeps popping up is Michael Johnson of Manchester City.

Where do people think our old heroes could end up come January?

Will Murphy have recovered by then?

Gala Foxes
15-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Do you reckon Eck will be after Hurtado and Townsley then ?

SouthMoroccoStu
15-10-2009, 07:45 PM
ok I'll start.......

Bring back Murphy and O'Connor!!!!!!:wink:

VegasHibby
15-10-2009, 08:04 PM
I've seen O'Connor a couple of times this season played failry well though he certainly will not be able to secure a place with Brum's 40 million spending spree. Barry Ferguson won't last either.
Would Ferguson be a good target ? and please no discriminating comments :greengrin

H18sry
15-10-2009, 08:10 PM
I've seen O'Connor a couple of times this season played failry well though he certainly will not be able to secure a place with Brum's 40 million spending spree. Barry Ferguson won't last either.
Would Ferguson be a good target ? and please no discriminating comments :greengrin

He is a fud :agree:end off:bye:

thekaratekid
15-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Foreigner arrives promising riches.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.................

:hmmm:

Hibercelona
15-10-2009, 08:25 PM
Foreigner arrives promising riches.

I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.................

:hmmm:

We seem to be hearing it a lot these days.........

givescotlandfreedom
15-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Does anyone know if we'll get extra Fletcher cash if Burnley stay up? If so we probably want teams like Birmingham to be skint.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2009, 08:28 PM

Only if we're going to be using darts or a bow and arrow. :wink:

Seriously though, with Miller and Zemmama in our midfield, I really couldn't see Ferguson getting a game for us.

KinchHibee
15-10-2009, 08:31 PM
Does anyone know if we'll get extra Fletcher cash if Burnley stay up? If so we probably want teams like Birmingham to be skint.

IIRC Petrie said at the AGM that there was still cash to come from the Fletcher sale, but it wasn't dependent on clauses like Burnley staying up/min appearences etc

Cocaine&Caviar
15-10-2009, 08:32 PM

I think it was mentioned on the finance thread a week ago that Feltchers future fees was gaurenteed and not dependant...

Hibercelona
15-10-2009, 08:33 PM
IIRC Petrie said at the AGM that there was still cash to come from the Fletcher sale, but it wasn't dependent on clauses like Burnley staying up/min appearences etc

He scored with his right foot....

Pay up Burnley :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
15-10-2009, 08:37 PM

I think it was mentioned on the finance thread a week ago that Feltchers future fees was gaurenteed and not dependant...

Thanks folks. Don't care anymore then :greengrin

Mikey
15-10-2009, 09:20 PM
£40m won't go a long way in the Premiership, especially if that's including wages.

It'll be enough to give them the edge when it comes to avoiding relegation but that's about it.

iwasthere1972
15-10-2009, 10:12 PM
£40m won't go a long way in the Premiership, especially if that's including wages.

It'll be enough to give them the edge when it comes to avoiding relegation but that's about it.

:agree: If I was a brummie fan I would be worried about this foreign takeover. Don't know if I would have any confidence in the guys I have seen even if it was a takeaway instead of a takeover.

Can't see their money going very far and certainly wouldn't "buy" them a place in Europe.

Some silly questions asked to the owner. "Would you like to get into the top four?". :confused: Of course they would but not with £40 million. Times it by 10 and it still wouldn't be enough.

Sir David Gray
15-10-2009, 10:30 PM
:agree: If I was a brummie fan I would be worried about this foreign takeover. Don't know if I would have any confidence in the guys I have seen even if it was a takeaway instead of a takeover.

Can't see their money going very far and certainly wouldn't "buy" them a place in Europe.

Some silly questions asked to the owner. "Would you like to get into the top four?". :confused: Of course they would but not with £40 million. Times it by 10 and it still wouldn't be enough.

:agree: £40 million would only get them a couple of very good players and nothing more. I'm assuming that the Birmingham owners will be expecting McLeish to buy six or seven players with that money and the standard of players that they will get as a result will be pretty mediocre.

To compete with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United in the Premiership, you really need to have multi-billionaires in charge of the purse strings. Millionaire owners are no longer any use in England, if the club has ambitions to be in the Champions League etc.

heretoday
15-10-2009, 10:40 PM
I'd get a new manager first off.

Hibercelona
15-10-2009, 11:29 PM

Why? :confused:

Hibbyradge
16-10-2009, 06:25 AM
What's all the fuss about?

I thought £40m was no big deal. :wink:

bighairyfaeleith
16-10-2009, 06:37 AM
So will this a be like a 40 million overdraft then, cause that apparently is how BIG clubs do it. When did Vlad buy brum?

VegasHibby
16-10-2009, 07:18 AM

Mcleish has not done too bad, especially considering what he has to work with.

bighairyfaeleith
16-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Mcleish has not done too bad, especially considering what he has to work with.

yeah but he is still a ****

God Petrie
16-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Imagine if Hibs splashed some cash to bring murph back

heretoday
16-10-2009, 10:26 AM
Any manager who favours Barry Ferguson cannot be top class IMO.

Woody1985
16-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Any manager who favours Barry Ferguson cannot be top class IMO.

When you're likely to be struggling for EPL survival a midfielder that can hold onto the ball in the middle of the park and show some composure is a must.

heretoday
16-10-2009, 02:53 PM
When you're likely to be struggling for EPL survival a midfielder that can hold onto the ball in the middle of the park and show some composure is a must.

Yeah? Blimey O'reilly.....

Woody1985
16-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah? Blimey O'reilly.....

It would sort of implies that he knows what he's doing, no?

NOLA
16-10-2009, 09:20 PM
40 mill is a good start for the blues, seeing as it's hard to sign anyone decent in jan as good clubs dont want to weaken their team, but i like BFC and have been down to brum a couple of times, a good club (sleeping giant) with a top supporter base, hope the blues stay up!

lucky
16-10-2009, 10:15 PM
Only if we're going to be using darts or a bow and arrow. :wink:

Seriously though, with Miller and Zemmama in our midfield, I really couldn't see Ferguson getting a game for us.

Your steaming if you think Barry Ferguson would not get in the Hibs midfield.

Sir David Gray
16-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Your steaming if you think Barry Ferguson would not get in the Hibs midfield.

I certainly wouldn't have him in place of Liam Miller or Zemmama, let's put it that way then.

With the way that Hughes has had us set up in recent games, I just don't see where Ferguson would fit in.

Dunbar Hibee
17-10-2009, 01:59 AM
Barry Ferguson is the most overrated Scottish player there is IMO. He is complete P*sh and doesn't deserve to be in the EPL ! simple as. As for GO'C and Murph they can come back anyday:greengrin