PDA

View Full Version : Player sponsorship

fife hfc
15-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I am thinking about sponsoring a player and I can't decide to sponsor an away top or boots. Can anybody tell me what looks better the framed shirt or boots in display case. I already have Pat Mcginlays top and Paul Hartleys:hide: (before he became gay I might add:duck:).

Also the players sponsors night, is it okay to bring my son (six years old) as he will have his name in the programme.

DaveF
16-10-2009, 09:30 AM
You might want to email or phone Mimi Cann at HFC regarding sponsorship as she will be able to tell what is and what is not available?

Boots or top? Depends on how much money you have to spend :greengrin

I wasn't a a fan of sponsoring someone boots, but the presentation case looks neat and at £150 it's probably not a bad deal. However the top (£380 IIRC) is well presented and defo something you would want in your collection if you are into that sort of thing.

Regarding the kid - I'm sure he would be OK to attend, but again, best to check with the club. The evening itself is great for kids to get autographs so I'm sure it would be OK.

Andy74
16-10-2009, 09:54 AM
It may have changed but all they used to do for the top was get an XXL one they hadn't sold from the shop, stuck a number on it and frame it, you weren't getting an actual top worn by your player.

Sponsoring the kit you really should get a real one at the end of it all I think.

DaveF
16-10-2009, 11:06 AM
It may have changed but all they used to do for the top was get an XXL one they hadn't sold from the shop, stuck a number on it and frame it, you weren't getting an actual top worn by your player.

Sponsoring the kit you really should get a real one at the end of it all I think.

I quite agree Andy, but I think a shop top is probably all it is.

fife hfc
16-10-2009, 06:17 PM
You might want to email or phone Mimi Cann at HFC regarding sponsorship as she will be able to tell what is and what is not available?

Boots or top? Depends on how much money you have to spend :greengrin

I wasn't a a fan of sponsoring someone boots, but the presentation case looks neat and at £150 it's probably not a bad deal. However the top (£380 IIRC) is well presented and defo something you would want in your collection if you are into that sort of thing.

Regarding the kid - I'm sure he would be OK to attend, but again, best to check with the club. The evening itself is great for kids to get autographs so I'm sure it would be OK.

The email I got from the club the boots are £425. will probably go for the boots and only wanted to know how they looked in the presentation case. Thanks.

DaveF
16-10-2009, 07:10 PM
The email I got from the club the boots are £425. will probably go for the boots and only wanted to know how they looked in the presentation case. Thanks.

Sorry, I must have my figures totally wrong!

fife hfc
16-10-2009, 07:13 PM
I was hoping the email was wrong:greengrin Only doing it for my son as I done it a few years ago for my oldest boy.

Mikey
16-10-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm pretty sure that each sponsor gets 2 tickets for the sponsor's evening and can buy 2 additional tickets at £5 each.

They had to introduce that as people were taking the piss and turning up with a caravan full of folk!

fife hfc
23-10-2009, 02:37 PM
well I must have more money than sense. that's my son sponsoring Bamba's boots:thumbsup:. I took your advice on the tops (not having been worn by the player) and decided the boots are the best option.

My son already can't wait on the sponsors night.