PDA

View Full Version : Nish or Benji

DaveF
15-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Will Yogi bring back Nish against his old club tomorrow or will Benji get the nod?

Personally, I'd start with Nish, but the majority may not agree :devil:

IWasThere2016
15-10-2009, 10:22 AM
Will Yogi bring back Nish against his old club tomorrow or will Benji get the nod?

Why we playing on Friday? :confused: :wink:

Benji for me ..

DaveF
15-10-2009, 10:23 AM
Why we playing on Friday? :confused: :wink:

Benji for me ..

I'm working too hard :greengrin

hibsbollah
15-10-2009, 10:34 AM
Always Benji before Nish.

aljo7-0
15-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Benji for me too but it might depend on how fit he is after the international games

Craig_in_Prague
15-10-2009, 10:39 AM
If Benji aint fit to start, I'd rather we went with Deek and Stokes up front, and Galbraith getting a start on the left.

Definitely need Zemmama to play - hope he's ok to start.

crewetollhibee
15-10-2009, 10:41 AM
Going by the number of ex-players who have come back to haunt us over the years, I would go for Nish everytime !!

1875er
15-10-2009, 10:51 AM
If Benji aint fit to start, I'd rather we went with Deek and Stokes up front, and Galbraith getting a start on the left.

:top marks:top marks:top marks:top marks

basehibby
15-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Going by the number of ex-players who have come back to haunt us over the years, I would go for Nish everytime !!

:agree: I could see that having a bearing - also Nish is a useful player and he needs game time - and Benji's international travels might persuade Yogi to rest him on the bench.
Zemama must start though!

Craig_in_Prague
15-10-2009, 11:04 AM
:agree: I could see that having a bearing - also Nish is a useful player and he needs game time - and Benji's international travels might persuade Yogi to rest him on the bench.
Zemama must start though!

Galbraith also deserves some game time - he looks like he's full of energy, ok he's young, but IMO him on the left and Zouma on the right, with Deeks and Stokes - Sounds pretty good to me.

I'm not a fan of Nish and going by the style of football we're playing, and striving to get better with, I can't see Nish really being part of it all.

He might be useful when Benji and co. go digging out their tights for the winter :duck:

Bad Martini
15-10-2009, 11:56 AM

:agree: 100%.

If knocked over, Nish will get up before the end of October. And as someone else said, he'll probably have plenty appetite for this one.

scoopyboy
15-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Difficult choice between Benji and Nish, I expect that is the only real decision to be taken before Saturday as I would expect the other 10 players who played against Utd will start (barring injuries or illness).

Nish was good at Motherwell and was picked to play against Utd. before he became ill.

Benji never played or was even stripped for Morrocco (Zouma got over an hour) so he shouldn't be injured unless a training knock.

I would probably start with Benji if he isn't too tired and keep Nish in reserve, especially if Kyle doesn't start for them.

hibsdaft
15-10-2009, 12:45 PM
i'd like to see Byrne getting more game time

M8UDB
15-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I would start with Nish (never thought i'de say that) see what he can do against his old club, hopefully he will have something to prove but if he's gash get him of at half time or just after and get Benji or Galbraith on.

duffers
15-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Id have big coco Nish up front :thumbsup:
I believe we miss him when he's not in the team

matty_f
15-10-2009, 02:45 PM

That's a great shout, btw. :agree:

Would definitely have that line up as second choice to Benji, Deek, Stokes and Zouma.

ahibby
15-10-2009, 02:48 PM
For me so far this season the best combo has been Nish and Stokes, with Riordan, Miller McBride and Zemmama in the middle, Murray, Hogg, La Bamba, and Wotherspoon.

I'm therefore hoping Nishy starts and keep Benji for reserve just in case.

NOLA
15-10-2009, 06:48 PM
think we need nishy's height to help at set pieces if kyle is playing for killie

Hibbyradge
15-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Nish for me.

Bostonhibby
15-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Nish for me

HibbyAndy
15-10-2009, 08:52 PM
Benji is either shight hot or plain shight.

Nish is very indifferent also.

Id take Benji...champing at the bit from the bench, has a point to prove and can defo change a game.

erskine-hibby
15-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I'd go for Nish simply for height alone.

Hibercelona
15-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Nish is defo a starter player.

He's a good solid player that can hold the ball up well. (Doesnt always get the credit he deserves)

And Benji is a burst of energy I would like to see come on near the start of the 2nd half....

He can run at defenders and be the most entertaining player on the park on his day.

matty_f
15-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Difference for me, is that Benji holds the ball better when it gets played up to him. I think that was what made the difference against Dundee Utd - I don't think Benji got the credit he deserved for his performance.

Most of the time when the ball came to him, he held it up and moved it on to a Hibs player before forcing a defender to track his run, which left space for the other strikers. I thought he played that role very well.

HibbyAndy
15-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Difference for me, is that Benji holds the ball better when it gets played up to him. I think that was what made the difference against Dundee Utd - I don't think Benji got the credit he deserved for his performance.

Most of the time when the ball came to him, he held it up and moved it on to a Hibs player before forcing a defender to track his run, which left space for the other strikers. I thought he played that role very well.

Agree bigtime.

And it may just be me but i dont actually think CN holds the ball up that well like some think.

IMO.

blackpoolhibs
15-10-2009, 09:29 PM
I'd prefer Konte to Nish.

hibsbollah
15-10-2009, 09:32 PM
I'd prefer Konte to Nish.

:agree:Has a Nish goal ever given us a UEFA cup place?

Hibercelona
15-10-2009, 09:49 PM
:agree:Has a Nish goal ever given us a UEFA cup place?

Exactly!

Mon the Konte! :thumbsup:

Cracking goal against Motherwell. :duck:

Actually feel sorry for the big man. Could create chances but just could never take them.

Played a huge role in Shiels winning goal at tynecastle. :agree:

amadou do do

Mikey_1875
15-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Nish if having to choose. But would prefer Deeko and Stokes up top.

Ritchie
16-10-2009, 08:15 AM
i think this is a perfect game to give Byrne a shot up top! :agree:

RIP
16-10-2009, 08:59 AM
Galbraith also deserves some game time - he looks like he's full of energy, ok he's young, but IMO him on the left and Zouma on the right, with Deeks and Stokes - Sounds pretty good to me.

I'm not a fan of Nish and going by the style of football we're playing, and striving to get better with, I can't see Nish really being part of it all.

He might be useful when Benji and co. go digging out their tights for the winter :duck:

I know ye were havin' a laugh Craig but we should remember Benji's form during his last full season in 2007. He was our top player that winter.

He scored more than a dozen goals in three months - including three doubles

Sumner
16-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Nish

GlesgaeHibby
16-10-2009, 07:11 PM
Nish is defo a starter player.

He's a good solid player that can hold the ball up well. (Doesnt always get the credit he deserves)

And Benji is a burst of energy I would like to see come on near the start of the 2nd half....

He can run at defenders and be the most entertaining player on the park on his day.

When has Nish ever held the ball up well?

Edinburgh Green
16-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Exactly!

Mon the Konte! :thumbsup:

Cracking goal against Motherwell. :duck:

Actually feel sorry for the big man. Could create chances but just could never take them.

Played a huge role in Shiels winning goal at tynecastle. :agree:

amadou do do

:faf: Yeah it was a great piece of skill nearly missing the entire goals with a free header from 3 yards.

hibsbollah
16-10-2009, 07:24 PM
I know ye were havin' a laugh Craig but we should remember Benji's form during his last full season in 2007. He was our top player that winter.

He scored more than a dozen goals in three months - including three doubles

:agree: It baffles me when folk trot out the same tired cliches about Benji and Zemmama in the winter. Benji scored most of his goals in a particularly cold March IIRC and I remember both of them having great performances when its been freezing.

BTW Konte wasnt 3 yards out, he was outside the 6 yard box and hit the woodwork after making a great run.

atticmonkey
17-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Nish; if 2 played up front, I don't think Nish cuts it as a lone striker

Keith_M
17-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll vote for Benji, I've got a feeling he might do us a turn today...

:wink: