PDA

View Full Version : NHC Scott Brown - naughty Bhoy

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 07:26 AM
Bawbag Broonie up to his usual tricks - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2681385/Scott-Brown-is-a-naughty-Bhoy.html

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 07:34 AM
Bawbag Broonie up to his usual tricks - http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2681385/Scott-Brown-is-a-naughty-Bhoy.html

Bawbag? :confused:

If this is what you call him what do you call the current Hibs guys who are partial to a few glasses of beer?

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 07:37 AM

If this is what you call him what do you call the current Hibs guys who are partial to a few glasses of beer?

Yes Brown is a bawbag IMO. Ok?

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 07:48 AM

IMYO Yes, but what do you think of our lot?

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-10-2009, 07:52 AM
If our French ex-midfielder, now playing for Hamilton, ever opens a nite club, he has to call it Boozy Chaos.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 07:54 AM
IMYO Yes, but what do you think of our lot?

If the stories are true, then those who are out getting pished all the time are bawbags as well.

Jim44
14-10-2009, 07:55 AM
A boozy session at an Alton Towers hotel.....................just the place to recuperate from an injury which tragically prevents you turning out for your country. :greengrin

Delboy*
14-10-2009, 08:02 AM

Yip, talented young Hibs player that moves on after winning a trophy wi us and gets us a whopping fee and hands us back a wedge to go towards our youth set-up. What a bawbag....................u are.http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-10002.gif

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 08:05 AM
If the stories are true, then those who are out getting pished all the time are bawbags as well.

There you go, answered! :greengrin

But what makes you think that our players stories are maybe not true yet you believe the Scott Brown story??

Hibbyradge
14-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Up to his usual trick?

Shock horror.

Man drinks in bar, "swaps banter", has a row then goes to bed.

http://xs844.xs.to/xs844/09423/handbags439.gif (http://xs.to)

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Yip, talented young Hibs player that moves on after winning a trophy wi us and gets us a whopping fee and hands us back a wedge to go towards our youth set-up. What a bawbag....................u are.http://planetsmilies.net/not-tagged-smiley-10002.gif

Conveniently forgotten about his post match transfer request and causing dressing room unrest have you?

He was a good player for us, but he's a fanny - being both is possible you know.

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Conveniently forgotten about his post match transfer request and causing dressing room unrest have you?

He was a good player for us, but he's a fanny - being both is possible you know.

Do you know him personally or are you just assuming this?

What are you basing this assumption on, paper talk?

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Do you know him personally or are you just assuming this?

What are you basing this assumption on, paper talk?

I've watched him play about 150 games of football.

I know people who have seen him acting like an erse whilst out and about.

He was supposedly heavily involved in the 'Boozegate' incident...now he's involved in another drunken hotel incident.

There was the train trip to Newcastle mentioned in that story as well - more drunken tomfoolery (good word :wink:).

And, I wasn't too happy with his carry on in his last days at Hibs where, IMO, he was nearly as bad as his 'best mate' Kevin despite what people on here seem to think.

Steve20
14-10-2009, 08:32 AM

Spot on. People seem to choose to forget about the post match transfer request I don't get the Scott Brown love-in. As bad as Thomson, who gets nothing but abuse, IMO.

Onceinawhile
14-10-2009, 08:39 AM
Spot on. People seem to choose to forget about the post match transfer request I don't get the Scott Brown love-in. As bad as Thomson, who gets nothing but abuse, IMO.

What post match transfer request? I must have missed something?

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I've watched him play about 150 games of football.

I know people who have seen him acting like an erse whilst out and about.

He was supposedly heavily involved in the 'Boozegate' incident...now he's involved in another drunken hotel incident.

There was the train trip to Newcastle mentioned in that story as well - more drunken tomfoolery (good word :wink:).

And, I wasn't too happy with his carry on in his last days at Hibs where, IMO, he was nearly as bad as his 'best mate' Kevin despite what people on here seem to think.

Ah to be such an saint.

if he is as bad as you are saying then why is he getting away with it and why have Scotland and Celtic not condemned him?

Incidentally, I know Scott a little and know his in laws very well and most of these allegations that you are referring to are well blown out of proportion in the press.

As for his last days with Hibs comment, he gave his all and was professional enough to knuckle down and get his move, nothing more. I would really point the blame for the press barrage for the Hibs/Scott Brown transfer saga at his agent and not Scott. One point to add, he has never came back in the press and slated Hibs after his move only positive things were mentioned about Hibs from Scott, unlike KT as you mentioned.

Well , that’s my opinion anyway.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 08:41 AM
What post match transfer request? I must have missed something?

The transfer request that was made, after a match, somewhere around December / January of 2007. I left the game, went home, and by the time I got back it was all over the radio that Brown and Thomson had put in a transfer request immediately after full time.

Delboy*
14-10-2009, 08:44 AM

Love-in? i sense naivety here.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Ah to be such an saint.

if he is as bad as you are saying then why is he getting away with it and why have Scotland and Celtic not condemned him?

Incidentally, I know Scott a little and know his in laws very well and most of these allegations that you are referring to are well blown out of proportion in the press.

As for his last days with Hibs comment, he gave his all and was professional enough to knuckle down and get his move, nothing more. I would really point the blame for the press barrage for the Hibs/Scott Brown transfer saga at his agent and not Scott. One point to add, he has never came back in the press and slated Hibs after his move only positive things were mentioned about Hibs from Scott, unlike KT as you mentioned.

Well , that’s my opinion anyway.

Oh, I'm nae saint by any means :wink:

We don't know he's been getting away with things as it's likely to be kept private I would imagine.

I don't think Brown "knuckled down and got his move", I think he was basically guaranteed the move 100% if he waited to the end of the season. And I don't think he was anywhere near as good in that last few months as some people seem to recall - the only game where he done anything of note was his very last one in which he scored v Celtic.

As for his agent, it's a bit niaive to think that Brown didn't know what kind of agent he was getting when he appointed Willie McKay, don't you think?

Thomson has been worse I agree.

Cabbage East
14-10-2009, 09:03 AM
It's no Scott Brown that's the bawbag here....

hibsbollah
14-10-2009, 09:07 AM

You seem to have an obsession with alcohol:cheers: Its what made this country great:grr:

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:11 AM
You seem to have an obsession with alcohol:cheers: Its what made this country great:grr:

So do our nation's footballers! And manager...mibbe :wink:

hibsbollah
14-10-2009, 09:12 AM
So do our nation's footballers! And manager...mibbe :wink:

I think you just can't handle your beer, and are bitter and twisted as a result:wink:

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I think you just can't handle your beer, and are bitter and twisted as a result:wink:

I'm definitely bitter that I've not got 25 grand a week to spend on drink :greengrin

PaulSmith
14-10-2009, 09:21 AM
SB's one of the best guys that you'll ever meet, absolutely sound but if you want to have a go at him then he'll quickly tell you to F Off or similar especially if he's with his family. Seems all perfectly reasonable to me.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2009, 09:23 AM
I thought players were allowed to request transfers.

Scott Brown thought he could earn a lot more money elsewhere so he asked for a move. The request was rejected out of hand and Brown continued to play for Hibs.

We subsequently sold him for £5.5m.

What did he do wrong?

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:27 AM
I thought players were allowed to request transfers.

Scott Brown thought he could earn a lot more money elsewhere so he asked for a move. The request was rejected out of hand and Brown continued to play for Hibs.

We subsequently sold him for £5.5m.

What did he do wrong?

It was £4.5m.

There are ways of going about such things without disrupting the whole club.

Hiring a proven ersepiece of an agent and making the request public about 2 minutes after making it is wrong IMO.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:29 AM
SB's one of the best guys that you'll ever meet, absolutely sound but if you want to have a go at him then he'll quickly tell you to F Off or similar especially if he's with his family. Seems all perfectly reasonable to me.

Fair enough.

He just seems to be getting involved in 'incidents' quite often these days though.

Anyway, my feelings about him are more to do with the other topic being discussed on this thread...

Hibbyradge
14-10-2009, 09:35 AM
It was £4.5m.

Hiring a proven ersepiece of an agent and making the request public about 2 minutes after making it is wrong IMO.

So, Scott Brown is a bawbag cos of his choice of agent and his agent's behaviour.

Gotcha.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:37 AM
So, Scott Brown is a bawbag cos of his choice of agent and his agent's behaviour.

Gotcha.

So Scott Brown just picked McKay at random and had absolutely no idea what he was doing on his behalf?

Gotcha.

talking_wiss
14-10-2009, 09:38 AM
It was £4.5m.

If he disrupted the whole club it seems incredible that the captain of the cup winning team insisted on SB joining him when he raised the cup aloft at Hampden! Clearly he was held with great respect by other players at the club, no doubt because despite wanting to move away to increase his wage by over ten fold, he knuckled down and helped the club win some silverware.

Hibbyradge
14-10-2009, 09:42 AM
So Scott Brown just picked McKay at random and had absolutely no idea what he was doing on his behalf?

Gotcha.

Fair do's.

Cheers for the explanation.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Fair do's.

Cheers for the explanation.

:confused:

Detecting sarcasm and I have no idea why.

You're suggesting that Scott Brown appointed Willie McKay and never knew a thing about him, and on top of that you are inferring that Willie McKay just did what he wanted without his client's say so?

A tad unlikely I would've thought, but you believe what you want to.

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 10:00 AM
If he disrupted the whole club it seems incredible that the captain of the cup winning team insisted on SB joining him when he raised the cup aloft at Hampden! Clearly he was held with great respect by other players at the club, no doubt because despite wanting to move away to increase his wage by over ten fold, he knuckled down and helped the club win some silverware.

Some might say that club captain was a disruptive influence in the dressing room himself? Revolt anyone?

Beefster
14-10-2009, 10:04 AM

He's a Celtic player and has been for years. Our players play for Hibs.

I hope that explains why one is a bawbag and the others aren't.

poolman
14-10-2009, 10:11 AM

Jeezo, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill:bitchy:

Few pints in a bar, bit of an argument then bed....whats the big deal :confused:

And as for the Sun making it their front page headline :faf:

MacBean
14-10-2009, 10:15 AM
he was an erse to zouma in the last game v sellick and he was an erse to the crowd in that game too, my opinions of him have dropped slowly since he first hinted he wanted away. Great footballer.

hibsdaft
14-10-2009, 10:16 AM
"swaps banter"

thats a weird image

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 10:17 AM
Jeezo, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill:bitchy:

Few pints in a bar, bit of an argument then bed....whats the big deal :confused:

And as for the Sun making it their front page headline :faf:

He's a role model :blah::blah:

:greengrin

I'm not really THAT bothered, I just saw the story, linked it, called him a bawbag...and there you have it :devil:

Hainan Hibs
14-10-2009, 10:20 AM
He's a role model :blah::blah:

:greengrin

I'm not really THAT bothered, I just saw the story, linked it, called him a bawbag...and there you have it :devil:

No no no, too many people have joined the bandwagon having a go at you so you can't be let off that easy:greengrin

Mikey_1875
14-10-2009, 10:21 AM
What a non-story. (The Sun btw, not the thread.)

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 10:22 AM
No no no, too many people have joined the bandwagon having a go at you so you can't be let off that easy:greengrin

Bedtime for me anyway folks :greengrin:bye:

Enjoy the debate aboot the Sellick bawbag...:offski:

scott7_0(Prague)
14-10-2009, 10:26 AM

Can't wait to hear you debate our bawbags (your words) Deek and Stokes soon........ :bye:

Hibee_Craig7062
14-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Oh, I'm nae saint by any means :wink:

We don't know he's been getting away with things as it's likely to be kept private I would imagine.

I don't think Brown "knuckled down and got his move", I think he was basically guaranteed the move 100% if he waited to the end of the season. And I don't think he was anywhere near as good in that last few months as some people seem to recall - the only game where he done anything of note was his very last one in which he scored v Celtic.

As for his agent, it's a bit niaive to think that Brown didn't know what kind of agent he was getting when he appointed Willie McKay, don't you think?

Thomson has been worse I agree.

Absolute Tom Kite. :blah:

Dunfermline Semi Final Reply at Hampden he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park even though we were beaten.

Im sure there were plenty other examples in the last 6 months he had at ER where he was MOM. Fabulous player for us who always gave 100%

silverhibee
14-10-2009, 10:47 AM
So will George Burley come out and say that this is Scott Browns last chance with the Scotland squad, as he believe,s the stories in the Sun regarding Deeks, so he should believe the stories about Broonie.
Or is Broonie untouchable because he plays for one of the old firm.

Hibee_Craig7062
14-10-2009, 10:53 AM
So will George Burley come out and say that this is Scott Browns last chance with the Scotland squad, as he believe,s the stories in the Sun regarding Deeks, so he should believe the stories about Broonie.

Read the story though - Its the same as most of the ones involving Riordan i.e non story

Brown was in a bar having banter with other people. One of them (or broony) took something the wrong way and they had an argument. :rolleyes: They then were asked to leave - Something over nothing really

Happens in pubs all over the country every night of the week id reckon. Not front page news on a national paper.

hibsbollah
14-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Absolute Tom Kite. :blah:

Dunfermline Semi Final Reply at Hampden he was head and shoulders above everyone else on the park even though we were beaten.

Im sure there were plenty other examples in the last 6 months he had at ER where he was MOM. Fabulous player for us who always gave 100%

:agree: IIRC he played even better for us after the stories broke than he did beforehand. This is probably why for the most part he left on good terms with Hibs, because everyone could see the effort he was putting in for us.

500miles
14-10-2009, 11:42 AM

Perhaps while there was a similarity to as how they allowed, or even encouraged, thier agent to start a media battle, Brown's application and commitment ON THE PARK could never be questioned. Thomson started to disappear up his own hole during games. This is the difference, and why Brown is far better remembered than KT by myself, and many others.

Edit. Didn't read on to see other people saying the exact same.

Newhaven
14-10-2009, 12:03 PM
why Brown is far better remembered than KT by myself, and many others.

Both were idiots at the time but Brown has come out of it far better than KT.

The way Thommo conducted himself to the fans, sold stories (which were basically lies) to Keith Jackson of the Record under his captain's column:blah: and then complained he got buttons justified everything Collins done in so far of taking the captaincy away from him

Rangers fans think they got the better deal but KT's hardly played a full season for them with all the injury troubles he has.

rubber mal
14-10-2009, 12:05 PM
If our French ex-midfielder, now playing for Hamilton, ever opens a nite club, he has to call it Boozy Chaos.

:faf::top marks

Speedway
14-10-2009, 12:43 PM
Ultimately I think, that Brown is generally a good guy ten times out of ten, but this incident wasn't one of them.

I expect he'll still have a fresh pair of legs up his sleeve come Saturday.

libernian
14-10-2009, 12:44 PM
so why does john collins still always praise broony? cause the guy is a legend and great player. hes just an ordinary guy from fife from what i can see so give the boy a break.

he obviously wanted to further himself, so got the agent he thought could do that (and mckay does have contact in epl old firm etc) so fair play. it is soo cringeworthy when people - like stevo - come out wi stuff like this bout ex-players. n if he never moved from hibs everyone wouold say he lacked ambition, so lay off him.

Mikey
14-10-2009, 12:46 PM
Shouldn't that headline read.....

"Rangers Fan Picks Fight With Scotland Star"

vahibbie
14-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Ultimately I think, that Brown is generally a good guy ten times out of ten, but this incident wasn't one of them.

I'd like to see that:greengrin

Future17
14-10-2009, 01:33 PM

I'd like to see that:greengrin

Maybe if he's still drunk when getting dressed? :greengrin

Booked4Being-Ugly
14-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Or is Broonie untouchable because he plays for one of the old firm.:top marks

lEXO
14-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Bawbag Broonie up to his usual tricks -
Nothing usual in this for broony

Aye, thats what i thought

But what makes you think that our players stories are maybe not true yet you believe the Scott Brown story??
It,s in the sun, it must be true

Conveniently forgot the dough he left Hibs for youth development.You dont like the guy, we get that.Bawbag broony, na but dunno about you.

lEXO
14-10-2009, 04:20 PM

I reckon if anyone,s came across as a bawbag it,s you.
:bye:

silverhibee
14-10-2009, 05:49 PM
It,s in the sun, it must be true

Conveniently forgot the dough he left Hibs for youth development.You dont like the guy, we get that.Bawbag broony, na but dunno about you.

I still do not believe that these players left a lump sum to the youth development.

lEXO
14-10-2009, 06:41 PM
I still do not believe that these players left a lump sum to the youth development.
Well Garry Oconnor, Broony and Fletch all were quoted as saying they forefeited their share of any transfer fee to Hibs youth development.Maybe i,m not as cynical as you(and beleive me that must be saying something)but i beleive them.And surely if they had,nt Hibs would have been quick enough to deny this.Dont forget these guys were well treated by Hibs as a club and helped to develop into international players.It would be really crass to think that they did,nt have the decency to give something back to the future development of the club,and then lie about it.:rolleyes:

El Gubbz
14-10-2009, 09:56 PM
A boozy session at an Alton Towers hotel.....................just the place to recuperate from an injury which tragically prevents you turning out for your country. :greengrin

What me and my mates thought when we bumped into him at the entrance of Alton Towers:agree:

silverhibee
14-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Well Garry Oconnor, Broony and Fletch all were quoted as saying they forefeited their share of any transfer fee to Hibs youth development.Maybe i,m not as cynical as you(and beleive me that must be saying something)but i beleive them.And surely if they had,nt Hibs would have been quick enough to deny this.Dont forget these guys were well treated by Hibs as a club and helped to develop into international players.It would be really crass to think that they did,nt have the decency to give something back to the future development of the club,and then lie about it.:rolleyes:

Garry Oconnors agent denied that Garry had given any money to the youth development, and i have spoke to one of these players mentioned above and they laughed when i asked the question regarding this topic, money may have been put aside from the fee for the youth development, but it certainly didn't come out of the players pocket thats for sure.

Toaods
14-10-2009, 11:15 PM

tax avoidance...:cool2:

Steve-O
15-10-2009, 06:17 AM
Garry Oconnors agent denied that Garry had given any money to the youth development, and i have spoke to one of these players mentioned above and they laughed when i asked the question regarding this topic, money may have been put aside from the fee for the youth development, but it certainly didn't come out of the players pocket thats for sure.

Was wondering about that. I think it has been spun in such a way to make the players look like great guys when perhaps it's not quite as simple as it looks.

Considering Brown was about to start coining in 25k per week, he's hardly the world's most generous philanthropist because he left a bit behind as thanks to the club that helped him become the player he is today.

Steve-O
15-10-2009, 06:18 AM
I reckon if anyone,s came across as a bawbag it,s you.
:bye:

Chillax :dummytit:

Steve-O
15-10-2009, 06:21 AM
:agree: IIRC he played even better for us after the stories broke than he did beforehand. This is probably why for the most part he left on good terms with Hibs, because everyone could see the effort he was putting in for us.

Sorry but this is simply not the case.

He did not play any better, that's for sure.

IIRC, other than the cup final, his and Thomson's toys oot the pram routine coincided with a bit of a downturn in our form that season.

Steve-O
15-10-2009, 06:23 AM
Can't wait to hear you debate our bawbags (your words) Deek and Stokes soon........ :bye:

These stories have already been debated.

scott7_0(Prague)
15-10-2009, 07:43 AM
These stories have already been debated.

I raising them again in conjunction with this debate, so, in your opinion Deeks and Stokes are Bawbags, this is according to your rule of thumb, no?

Steve-O
15-10-2009, 08:00 AM
I raising them again in conjunction with this debate, so, in your opinion Deeks and Stokes are Bawbags, this is according to your rule of thumb, no?

At the point of the incidents in question, then yes. I guess this doesn't mean they are always bawbags.

archiebald
15-10-2009, 08:17 AM
calm down calm down :blah::blah::blah::blah:

RIP
15-10-2009, 08:33 AM

What are bawbags anyway?

Full of *****?
Not bonny to look at?
Hang around beside dicks?
Cause outrage when they are seen in public?

Actually - you may have a point there!!

hibbiedon
15-10-2009, 08:38 AM

I have read this several times, cant see a problem to be honest. I liked Scotty when he was with us, now he has left us he can do what he wants he aint my problem all that matters to me is what we do on the park. I will never worry about what the sun or record report either

Dunbar Hibee
15-10-2009, 12:53 PM
The Sun talks *****, he probably wasn't even at Alton Towers:faf:

Owain_1987
15-10-2009, 03:12 PM

Be fare I would say I had a bad ankle if I had to go to Japan with Burley and Lee Miller :devil: Anyways none story also Brown is my favorite ex Hibby and no idea how anyone can bad mouth a player who made our club £4millon.

mim
15-10-2009, 03:47 PM
The Sun talks *****, he probably wasn't even at Alton Towers:faf:

He was there all right and so was his brother, who I'm told was the cause of the bit of bother.

Of course, I might be a shecht stirring Sun reporter as well. :wink:

Chuckie
15-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Alton Towers... ? ? ?

25k a week ? ? ?

:tee hee:

Such a weejie..

lEXO
15-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Chillax :dummytit:
:trumpet:

oconnors_strip
15-10-2009, 07:36 PM
Alton Towers... ? ? ?

25k a week ? ? ?

:tee hee:

Such a weejie..

a weedgie fae fife:faf::faf:

Big_D
15-10-2009, 09:42 PM

Derek Riordan (nickname Deek ) is a ned yet David Goodwillie (hit a guy so hard folk thought he was deid) and now Brown are just ever so slightly naughty.
It gets on my tits too

silverhibee
15-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Derek Riordan (nickname Deek ) is a ned yet David Goodwillie (hit a guy so hard folk thought he was deid) and now Brown are just ever so slightly naughty.
It gets on my tits too

Do you know Derek Riordan to say that he is a ned, i know him and i would say he is not a ned, a bit of a lad, but not a ned.
Steve O thinks he is a bawbag mind you.

Chuckie
15-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Do you know Derek Riordan to say that he is a ned, i know him and i would say he is not a ned, a bit of a lad, but not a ned.

Fair play for sticking up for him, but he is chavved oot his nut man.

oconnors_strip
15-10-2009, 10:54 PM

if deek is so chavved as you say id hate for you meet a total chav:faf:

Chuckie
15-10-2009, 11:07 PM
if deek is so chavved as you say id hate for you meet a total chav:faf:

Why ?

Big_D
16-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Steve O thinks he is a bawbag mind you.

I was talking about what the paper says

Mickey Edwards
16-10-2009, 04:54 PM
a weedgie fae fife:faf::faf:

What kind of beast are we dealing with ? Pure shan.....£25K a week cannae be enough to ease that burden

blackpoolhibs
16-10-2009, 05:00 PM

That's one of the funniest things i have read on here in ages.:top marks:faf::faf:

oconnors_strip
16-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Why ?

cause what would you call them if deek if chavved oot his nut?:greengrin