PDA

View Full Version : Hibs v Dundee utd at East Mains...

Brooster
13-10-2009, 03:07 PM
... this afternoon finished 2-2, Byrne got the 2nd dont know who got the first.

Team was:

Maka
Mccann
Thicot
McCormack
Welsh
Currie
Cregg
Rankin
Stevenson
Galbraith
Byrne

jakedance
13-10-2009, 03:21 PM
A good indication that our squad is reasonably strong. Their isn't a huddy amongst that team, IMHO.

EskbankHibby
13-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Good to see young Byrne getting a goal. Was Thicot playing in centre of defence?

1875godsgift
13-10-2009, 03:27 PM
A good indication that our squad is reasonably strong. Their isn't a huddy amongst that team, IMHO.

It is a good strong team. Why isn't there a reserve league?

Forza Fred
13-10-2009, 03:28 PM

Based on the assumption obviously that Dundee's first team was playing against us.

Which may, or may not have been the case.

jakedance
13-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Based on the assumption obviously that Dundee's first team was playing against us.

Nah. No assumptions. Based on my belief that none of them are huddys. The score or opposition on a training pitch is pretty irrelevant.

If you consider some of the numpties that have played regularly in recent years the only conclusion, I can draw, is that this is the strongest squad in terms of strength of depth I can remember.

I'll admit to a pretty pish memory and a generally optimistic view of things though.

Andy74
13-10-2009, 03:42 PM

I don't think the result was anything to do with it, surely it was just a look down the names for what is a reserve team and the conclusion that they were all decent players?

Forza Fred
13-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't think the result was anything to do with it, surely it was just a look down the names for what is a reserve team and the conclusion that they were all decent players?

I took the statement that it 'was a good indication that our squad is reasonably strong' as being based on the result.

The 'indication' being the result, that is, hence my comment.

And yes, I mistaklenly omitted the word 'United" too... :bye:

oconnors_strip
13-10-2009, 04:01 PM
It is a good strong team. Why isn't there a reserve league?

cause the old firm said they didnt want to play reserve football this season so the spl made it optional for teams. since only 8 teams opted for the reserve league it was scrapped. so all teams are now arranging "bounce" games on a tuesday, just like having a league but nothing to play for in the end.

CapitalHibs
13-10-2009, 04:23 PM
cause the old firm said they didnt want to play reserve football this season so the spl made it optional for teams. since only 8 teams opted for the reserve league it was scrapped. so all teams are now arranging "bounce" games on a tuesday, just like having a league but nothing to play for in the end.

Why did the OF no want to play reserve fitba? Are they resting up the players for their SPL games after the "big team" bugger off down to england?:faf:

oconnors_strip
13-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Why did the OF no want to play reserve fitba? Are they resting up the players for their SPL games after the "big team" bugger off down to england?:faf:

cause they are trying to reduce their wage bill they are letting alot of the fringe players go so they say they cant field a reserve team.:rolleyes: there had also been talks about the OF putting a team into the scottish 3rd division....they ****in rule scottish football these days:grr:

1875godsgift
13-10-2009, 06:46 PM
cause they are trying to reduce their wage bill they are letting alot of the fringe players go so they say they cant field a reserve team.:rolleyes: there had also been talks about the OF putting a team into the scottish 3rd division....they ****in rule scottish football these days:grr:

Ah! So when/if they go to play with the big boys they still have a presence in Scotland! Hope nobody's stupid enough to fall for that one....

bingo70
13-10-2009, 06:57 PM

I'm not one to stick up for the old firm but are you sure about this?

I was under the impression that it was the smaller teams that couldn't afford to have a reserve team so this was why they scrapped the reserve league.

I thought it was one of the measures thought up by that 'think tank' that Jim Jeffries went daft about no being invited onto (quite rightly so as well)

Cracker
13-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Good to see young Byrne getting a goal. Was Thicot playing in centre of defence?

Yes, and a full strength Dundee team.:hnet::thumbsup:

CapitalHibs
13-10-2009, 08:05 PM

:shocked:

Well, if our "backup team" can get a draw with our main rivals for third place, perhaps Hibs should be moving to the EPL and letting the backups play on in Scotland:devil:

OFGTF

IWasThere2016
13-10-2009, 08:36 PM

I thought it was the Arabs we were playing? :confused:

Sir David Gray
13-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Why would Dundee Utd send their full first team to play a Hibs second string in a bounce game at the Hibs training ground? :confused:

Onceinawhile
13-10-2009, 09:02 PM

:agree: Sheer laziness, annoys me as well:agree:

Petrie's Tache
13-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Antwer,

Dont thi the guy mea t offen!

IWasThere2016
13-10-2009, 09:14 PM

Antwer,

Dont thi the guy mea t offen!

:confused:

IWasThere2016
13-10-2009, 10:37 PM
Why would Dundee Utd send their full first team to play a Hibs second string in a bounce game at the Hibs training ground? :confused:

They didn't - Dixon and Robertson are out - and a trialist played at LB.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2009/10/13/sportstory13937707t0.asp

The_Sauz
13-10-2009, 11:35 PM
I'm not one to stick up for the old firm but are you sure about this?

I was under the impression that it was the smaller teams that couldn't afford to have a reserve team so this was why they scrapped the reserve league.

I thought it was one of the measures thought up by that 'think tank' that Jim Jeffries went daft about no being invited onto (quite rightly so as well)

Rangers were the first to pull out of the reserve league due to cutting back on wages and could not afford to have a 2nd team. I think the same goes for Motherwell, not sure who else pulled out...

Petrie's Tache
14-10-2009, 12:45 AM
:confused:

In reference to the guy not writing out the full words. My sentence would have read.

Antwerp, I dont think the guy means to offend.:greengrin

Speedway
14-10-2009, 08:03 AM

I can see at least two, but agree that our squad is reasonably strong.

Cracker
14-10-2009, 03:00 PM

Sorry about that ,may well have been,was unaware bounce game taking place untill my daughter told me and her friend who was playing for the hibs team just said it was a near full strength Dundee team when i asked him, I apologise.:confused:

Cocaine&Caviar
14-10-2009, 03:09 PM
... this afternoon finished 2-2, Byrne got the 2nd dont know who got the first.

Team was:

Maka
Mccann
Thicot
McCormack
Welsh
Currie
Cregg
Rankin
Stevenson
Galbraith
Byrne