PDA

View Full Version : George Best - Appearances and Goals

Mary Hinge
13-10-2009, 12:34 PM
Can anyone help with a quick answer as I can't find any details on the official site ?

How many appearances did George Best make for Hibs and how many goals did he score ?

Ta in advance.......

iwasthere1972
13-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Can anyone help with a quick answer as I can't find any details on the official site ?

How many appearances did George Best make for Hibs and how many goals did he score ?

Ta in advance.......

22 Appearances and 3 goals I think.

Craig_in_Prague
13-10-2009, 12:54 PM
22 Appearances and 3 goals I think.

He scored more than that in 1 Sat night :rolleyes:

Ritchie
13-10-2009, 01:47 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Best

Mary Hinge
13-10-2009, 02:08 PM
Thank You :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
14-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Remember seeing him hit the bar from a corner in his final match, the testimonial [against Newcastle I seem to recall, could be wrong?]

PS - no pun intended! :-)

Kato
14-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Remember seeing him hit the bar from a corner in his final match, the testimonial [against Newcastle I seem to recall, could be wrong?]

PS - no pun intended! :-)

Think it was against Killie in the first Division. Free kick on the touch-line almost on the half way line. Last kick of the game, brought the house down even if he didn't score.

dangermouse
14-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Details of individual players past and present re appearances/goals is difficult to find or non existent on the new site.

I seem to recall mentioning this in an email to the club but as yet have had no response.

Phil MaGlass
14-10-2009, 02:55 PM
he appeared about 22 games but how many did he last the ninety mins?

Hibs On Tour
15-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Think it was against Killie in the first Division. Free kick on the touch-line almost on the half way line. Last kick of the game, brought the house down even if he didn't score.

Na, definitely testimonial and def from a corner. IIRC we got fined because we played him as a triallist when he was registered to someone else!

Kato
15-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Na, definitely testimonial and def from a corner. IIRC we got fined because we played him as a triallist when he was registered to someone else!

Must be a different fixture we're talking about mate. The above happened in his last "official" appearance for Hibs - he played a handfull of fixtures the season after we were relegated.

Hibs On Tour
15-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Must be a different fixture we're talking about mate. The above happened in his last "official" appearance for Hibs - he played a handfull of fixtures the season after we were relegated.

Yeah, that'll be it mate! One I'm on about was a wee while after he'd left us - Jackie Mac's testimonial v Newcastle it was in 1984, according to Wikipedia. Think that was the reason we had to field him as a triallist but from memory he was actually on someone else's books at the time so we got fined for it! :greengrin

But that could be mince as I just found an entry on another website that says he guested for Newcastle that day!

Kato
15-10-2009, 05:00 PM
But that could be mince as I just found an entry on another website that says he guested for Newcastle that day!

Nah, he played for Hibs that day. He played at ER for San Jose Earthquakes around the same time.