PDA

View Full Version : NHC Bolivian Players

jpt11
13-10-2009, 09:18 AM
I was watching the Bolivia vs Brazil game yesterday and the commentator mentioned that the Bolivian Players all went on strike due to the state of their domestic game. There were/are three bodies running their home leagues, similar to our own shambles of a setup.

They went on strike until it was resolved and only one body was in charge.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=682176&cc=5739

Couldn't imagine our players taking such action.

What are peoples thoughts? I thought it was an interesting comparison.
:dizzy:

truehibernian
13-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Wouldn't ever happen mate. If it did, I am sure we would have a drunken slavering idiot in place who would only start picking players like Craig Conway, Lee Miller and Gary Teale to replace those striking........................wait a wee minute..............

Viva_Palmeiras
13-10-2009, 10:31 AM
the stakes are always high in Bolivia :cool2:

MacBean
13-10-2009, 10:39 AM
certainly very intersting. However i dont see a strike as such happening over here. However Scottish football needs a massive shake up!

jpt11
13-10-2009, 11:36 AM
yeah strike is not the way to go.

I found it interesting though that another country had a similar setup to us, the players identified that as a problem and took action to remedy.

Jack
13-10-2009, 01:05 PM
I was watching the Bolivia vs Brazil game yesterday and the commentator mentioned that the Bolivian Players all went on strike due to the state of their domestic game. There were/are three bodies ruining their home leagues, similar to our own shambles of a setup.

There, I've fixed it for you! :wink:

Keith_M
13-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Funnily enough, England has the same number of main footballing bodies as we do and they just qualified for the World Cup.....

:duck:

1two
13-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I was watching the Bolivia vs Brazil game yesterday and the commentator mentioned that the Bolivian Players all went on strike due to the state of their domestic game. There were/are three bodies running their home leagues, similar to our own shambles of a setup.

They went on strike until it was resolved and only one body was in charge.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=682176&cc=5739

Couldn't imagine our players taking such action.

What are peoples thoughts? I thought it was an interesting comparison.

Closer to 5 up here, all operating from Glasgow!