PDA

View Full Version : World Cup next year

brownlies bits
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Having no Scottish team again to follow next year in the W.C. again, i was just goin to revert to my usual and support any team playin engerland. I really hope the Republic of Ireland qualify cos it would be good to see them do well, so come on the Irish and give me something to shout about. So next year i wont be classed as anti-english but pro irish (Dont think it will last like, will still want england to get ****ed) who will everybody be supportin ?

Chuckie
12-10-2009, 07:37 PM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/DenmarkF.gif

HibbyAndy
12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Any team bar Ghana.

the_ginger_hibee
12-10-2009, 07:46 PM
I'm going to try and support England. I have thought about this, and with the impending hype and slight possibility they could actually do something with this Cappello fellow, me personally, I think the only way to beat them, is to just join them.

I love watching the EPL and watch more games from there than the SPL. Also sort of support an English club, who have a few players in the national squad.

Although I can already see the Mars bars being renamed England, the BBC bias over the top-ness and the general petty smugness putting paid to my 'conversion'. Shame because all that pash is what has made me want them to lose in recent times. Apart from that I have no real reason to dislike their football team.

Though if they do go out early doors, I can just wash my hands of the whole thing and shove my kilt back on :thumbsup:

Oh and.....:duck::lips seal:tin hat:

One Day Soon
12-10-2009, 08:06 PM
i t a l i a

James.
12-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Surely we should all get behind Sol and support the Ivory Coast!

givescotlandfreedom
12-10-2009, 08:19 PM

Good idea :thumbsup:

FraserHFC
12-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Was just going to post the same

Sylar
12-10-2009, 08:30 PM
http://www.canvasrus.com/gfx/art/stars_and_stripes.jpg

I really fancy us to upset a few people in this forthcoming World Cup. We've played some good football of late, and looked brilliant against strong opposition in the Confederations.

Still, I've said that so often before, and we have a habit of choking on a big stage.

I'd kill to be in England's group!

NYHibby
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
A sign of a true American is only actively supporting the team during the World Cup, and I very much fit the definition.

CalgaryHibs
13-10-2009, 01:48 AM
No the euro champs will win the world cup,

yoo read here first :wink:

VAMOS ESPANA!!!!

The Green Goblin
13-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Brazil. For fairly obvious reasons. :greengrin

In 2 years time, I`ll be eligible to apply for a Brazilian passport. That said, in 2 years time, if the referendum happens and returns a yes vote, I might be able to apply for a Scottish passport as well.

Five years ago, if someone had told me that, I`d have said that at least one of those eventualities was totally impossible. Still not sure which one though.....:wink:

GG

Randerson_4
13-10-2009, 06:20 AM
Anyone who plays England!

Quite fancy supporting Ivory Coast, think they will do very well!

7Hero
13-10-2009, 06:45 AM
ill be supportng the world champions as always...

PeeJay
13-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Having no Scottish team again to follow next year in the W.C. again, i was just goin to revert to my usual and support any team playin engerland. I really hope the Republic of Ireland qualify cos it would be good to see them do well, so come on the Irish and give me something to shout about. So next year i wont be classed as anti-english but pro irish (Dont think it will last like, will still want england to get ****ed) who will everybody be supportin ?

Guess I'm one of the relatively few Scottish people who will be fully behind England - I think they've really improved as a team, they're well organised, have an excellent manager and ultimately they have the potential, ... if they go out early doors though I'll switch to Germany. I don't think Germany has as good a team as the English, but their mind set is always better than England's!

Antifa Hibs
13-10-2009, 07:13 AM
Don't get this 'support anyone against england' thing. Seen tossers before with the t-shirts on, 'I Support Scotland and anyone who is playing against England' losers.

Ivory Coast can count on my support, and hopefully the R.O.I make it through aswell.

I can see England winning it TBH, or progressing very far, the only team I can see stopping them is Spain IMO.

Steve-O
13-10-2009, 07:25 AM
http://soccerlens.com/shirts/files/2009/09/newzealand_0809-away.jpg

Sylar
13-10-2009, 07:25 AM
A sign of a true American is only actively supporting the team during the World Cup, and I very much fit the definition.

I guess I fall into the camp too, but more because I've no way to see them playing regularly.

When the Confederations were on, it was at a decent time over here, which was nice.

Sadly, your point is probably very valid though.

Andy.1875
13-10-2009, 07:35 AM
If the Republic get through then I'll be shouting on them. They'd string me up if I didn't!

Mikey
13-10-2009, 07:57 AM
We'll be in the US for most of the World Cup so it'll be interesting to see how the locals take to it.

As long as England are out before we come home I don't mind. We leave there just after the 2nd semi final :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
13-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Hope Ireland get well and truly humped in their playoff and the camera makes that extra special effort to zoom in on that traitor bassa McGeady, f--k this Ireland love in crap.

Cabbage East
13-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Anyone who's playing England obviously.

Steve-O
13-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Hope Ireland get well and truly humped in their playoff and the camera makes that extra special effort to zoom in on that traitor bassa McGeady, f--k this Ireland love in crap.

Agreed!

Woody1985
13-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I stuck a bet on the IC to win the last WC but they were in the group of death and came 3rd IIRC.

I know it was a bit early for an African nation to win it but they were in great form going into the tourny (I think they won the ANs before it).

Steve20
13-10-2009, 09:16 AM
I will support whoever I put a bet on. Even if that turns out to be England.

It will probably be Brazil I end up betting.

ancient hibee
13-10-2009, 10:40 AM
I won't support anyone but hope England do well.It shows that once good players get a good coach the improvement is dramatic.Ironically of course their weakest position is goalie-that'll hold them back.

God Petrie
13-10-2009, 11:46 AM
Don't get this 'support anyone against england' thing. Seen tossers before with the t-shirts on, 'I Support Scotland and anyone who is playing against England' losers.

Ivory Coast can count on my support, and hopefully the R.O.I make it through aswell.

I can see England winning it TBH, or progressing very far, the only team I can see stopping them is Spain IMO.

I presume you think the same about Hibs fans who want Hearts to lose every game?

sunshine1875
13-10-2009, 11:59 AM
They haven't qualified yet - Bahrain may win away from home. Do away goals count double if the game ends in a draw?

http://soccerlens.com/shirts/files/2009/09/newzealand_0809-away.jpg

SteveHFC
13-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Ivory Cost for me.

hibbybob
13-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Given your avatar I wonder if you apply the same philosophy to our less intelligent neighbours down Gorgie way?

I'm happy to support whoever Hearts are playing and the same certainly applies to England.

If that makes me a tosser or a loser then I'm quite proud to be a tosser / loser!

MacBean
13-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Ivory coast for our beloved Sol Bamba - and whoever qualifies from Bahrain vs New Zealand - gotta love an underdog!

NOLA
13-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Cote D'Ivoire for me:wink: also gives me a chance to wear my ivory coast trackie top more often:greengrin

Forza Fred
13-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Australia.

And most definitely, and unashamedly, anyone playing England that night.

NYHibby
13-10-2009, 07:02 PM
We'll be in the US for most of the World Cup so it'll be interesting to see how the locals take to it.

As long as England are out before we come home I don't mind. We leave there just after the 2nd semi final :greengrin

Let me put this way, the excitement will be like nothing you've ever experienced in Europe.

That might be a little unfair. It depends on where you are and what teams make it. Watching Ireland in Boston would probably be interested. Same with Mexico or some of the South American teams if you're in a heavily Hispanic area.

archiebald
13-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Think Stevo is on the Jack Daniels :dizzy:

Hainan Hibs
13-10-2009, 07:09 PM
I'll be supporting whoever is playing against England. I hate everything associated with that nation when it comes to football.

Speedy
13-10-2009, 07:12 PM
Ireland if they make it and Ivory Coast.

Although most likely i'll just be supporting whoever I have a bet on

Scotthibs1875
13-10-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm going to try and support England. I have thought about this, and with the impending hype and slight possibility they could actually do something with this Cappello fellow, me personally, I think the only way to beat them, is to just join them.

I love watching the EPL and watch more games from there than the SPL. Also sort of support an English club, who have a few players in the national squad.

Although I can already see the Mars bars being renamed England, the BBC bias over the top-ness and the general petty smugness putting paid to my 'conversion'. Shame because all that pash is what has made me want them to lose in recent times. Apart from that I have no real reason to dislike their football team.

Though if they do go out early doors, I can just wash my hands of the whole thing and shove my kilt back on :thumbsup:

Oh and.....:duck::lips seal:tin hat:
You are taking the pi55!!!!

HibeePaj
13-10-2009, 11:13 PM
il be following Republic of Ireland hopefully as well as Bamba with Ivory Coast :thumbsup:

also backing Serbia ,, each way :wink:

Paget

Steve-O
14-10-2009, 07:31 AM
They haven't qualified yet - Bahrain may win away from home. Do away goals count double if the game ends in a draw?

Yes, a bit presumptious of me I suppose :greengrin

aussie_hibee
14-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Australia.

And most definitely, and unashamedly, anyone playing England that night.

Absolutely and seeing as come the 17th of October 2009, I will have spent more time living in Oz than in Scotland, I think I'm more an aussie than ever.
A great atmosphere over here when the WC is on and it's amazing how many "soccer-haters" jump on the bandwagon just because it's their country. Plus, I think they hate the English just as much as us (and rightly so...!)

Let's hope we get through the group stage again.

yekimevol
14-10-2009, 12:56 PM
im supporting italy and any hibs boy's ie miller, stokes and bamba :thumbsup:

Dashing Bob S
14-10-2009, 01:19 PM
England.

mmmmhibby
14-10-2009, 01:41 PM

Crack open a few castlemine xxxx, put some shrimps on the barbie and show ur support for the Aussies!!!!!

Hurry up Lou, it's the lunchtime rush at Lassiters!!! OOh Mrs Mangel!!!

Septimus
14-10-2009, 01:53 PM
England the team don't upset me all that much but the English media really have a tendency to turn me off the team. So, although I really could not care less I hope the so called pundits have nothing to crow about. The English ones that is.

Dunbar Hibee
15-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Every world cup or Euro Championship i support Holland, so nothings going to be different about this one ... will also give ROI and Ivory Coast a shout:agree:

Bad Martini
15-10-2009, 05:59 PM
What is the competition youse speak off? Scotland exited thus for me its....

ENDOF :thumbsup:

Ps mon the penalty shoot oot in the semis when the english bottle it.....AGAIN!

renato
15-10-2009, 07:45 PM
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/soccer/_photos/2006-07-09-italy-in.jpg

Haymaker
15-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Probably support Ivory Coast or the Dutch but wont really care so long as I see good football and good goals.

NYHibby
16-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Does anyone know how they are doing the seeding for the groups yet? Is it by FIFA rankings?

Owain_1987
16-10-2009, 10:41 PM
Ivory Coast and Ireland if they get there! Also Brazil because they are amazing :greengrin

MyJo
16-10-2009, 10:57 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44522000/jpg/_44522342_solbamba270.jpg

ballengeich
17-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Scotland are out, so I support no-one, but I'll watch.

Due to the number of hooped jerseys in their support, I hope Ireland lose their playoff. Due to their commentators, I'll be grateful once England are eliminated.

After that may the best team win.

Chuckie
17-10-2009, 12:14 AM
I will also support every team Australia are playing.

Arrogant nob heads.

NOLA
17-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Scotland are out, so I support no-one, but I'll watch.

Due to the number of hooped jerseys in their support, I hope Ireland lose their playoff. Due to their commentators, I'll be grateful once England are eliminated.

After that may the best team win.

Too harsh my friend, oirish fans support more english teams than sellic, we support HIBS who cares how many irish fans follow them!

ballengeich
17-10-2009, 01:06 AM
Too harsh my friend, oirish fans support more english teams than sellic, we support HIBS who cares how many irish fans follow them!

I support Hibs and Scotland. I don't want to see any club based jerseys at Scotland games. Irish supporters don't wear English club jerseys to international games, so why do some wear Celtic jerseys?

Pete
17-10-2009, 01:24 AM
http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp49/Chuckie1977/DenmarkF.gif

reverse that flag and you will find the winners.

Forget Spain, Brazil or anyone else.

England have the players to match any of these teams...plus they have cappellos tactical nouse.

They'll get to the final at least. lump on!