PDA

View Full Version : Stadium of Light

Borders Hibby
12-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Fancy going on Saturday for the Sunderland Liverpool game. Anyone got any advce on car parkin or where to sit for a good atmosphere? Thanks.

dumfries hibby
12-10-2009, 07:44 AM
Fancy going on Saturday for the Sunderland Liverpool game. Anyone got any advce on car parkin or where to sit for a good atmosphere? Thanks.

drive into sunderland and just before the stadium turn right and about 2min drive in the car there is a big car park , best seats are north stand east corner , atmosphere is always good

Mr T
12-10-2009, 07:59 AM
Im going down on Saturday. We normally park at the B&Q then its a 5 minute walk over the bridge to the stadium. Normally pretty decent for getting away too.

Agree the North Stand is usually a good laugh :greengrin

Hibee_Craig7062
12-10-2009, 08:15 AM
What about coming to see Hibs V Killie instead :wink:

CropleyWasGod
12-10-2009, 08:22 AM
There is also a big industrial estate near the ground which is opened up for car parking. All free, with a free shuttle bus to the ground.

Alternatively, train to newcastle, Metro to the ground. All very efficient.

greenlex
12-10-2009, 09:34 AM
What about coming to see Hibs V Killie instead :wink: :agree:

What on earth makes fans to travel great distances to watch a game when their own team is playing decent stuff at home? :confused:
Folks go on about fitba being too expensive and some would spend more travelling to watch a game than nipping to a home game.

I would rather go and watch a poor Hibs side play a poor Scottish side away from home rather than go and watch someone else never mind a side that is looking decent.
Fair play if Hibs are not playing but I don't understand if they are.

Borders Hibby
12-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Im going down on Saturday. We normally park at the B&Q then its a 5 minute walk over the bridge to the stadium. Normally pretty decent for getting away too.

Agree the North Stand is usually a good laugh :greengrin

Thanks guys.

O'Brien[11]
12-10-2009, 05:31 PM
aye the corner next to the away fans is brilliant:agree:.
Good club sunderland, true supporters, good atmosphere:wink: unlike those gordie ****bags:devil:

hibee_nation
12-10-2009, 06:15 PM
;2204191"]aye the corner next to the away fans is brilliant:agree:.
Good club sunderland, true supporters, good atmosphere:wink: unlike those gordie ****bags:devil:

I agree they are true supporters, thats why they won't be at ER watching another team when their own is playing. :wink:

ancient hibee
12-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Strange.

Auckland Hibs
12-10-2009, 06:57 PM
reverse into the space trying to give equal space to either side. be sure to lock valuables in the boot, out of sight. Always remember to engage the handbrake and sometimes it's a good idea to leave it in gear.
Lastly, make sure you lock the car.:agree:

What about the lights? - Poor bloke's now got a flat battery :greengrin

CallumHibs07
12-10-2009, 07:34 PM
The 'ha way the lads' stand has an atmosphere.

Hibercelona
12-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Ack.... you'll never find a car park there....

But I know a place called leith where you will find a space no problem... :duck: :devil:

Borders Hibby
12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Ack.... you'll never find a car park there....

But I know a place called leith where you will find a space no problem... :duck: :devil:

Should hope so I live there.

Gatecrasher
12-10-2009, 10:50 PM
:agree:

What on earth makes fans to travel great distances to watch a game when their own team is playing decent stuff at home? :confused:
Folks go on about fitba being too expensive and some would spend more travelling to watch a game than nipping to a home game.

I would rather go and watch a poor Hibs side play a poor Scottish side away from home rather than go and watch someone else never mind a side that is looking decent.
Fair play if Hibs are not playing but I don't understand if they are.

i wouldnt miss a home game but i would miss an away game to travel down south, i usually do it once or twice a season,i dont see anything wrong with it, its a good day out something different from what we go to watch every week in the SPL (as much as i love it:agree:), i usually try and go and see different teams and stadium each time i go

IMO its no different from someone missing a game due to going on holiday or family commitments etc

iv not been to sunderland yet although we were going to go see them play man u but didnt work out, im sure ill be there soon enough :cool2:

Removed
12-10-2009, 10:55 PM
i wouldnt miss a home game but i would miss an away game to travel down south, i usually do it once or twice a season,i dont see anything wrong with it, its a good day out something different from what we go to watch every week in the SPL (as much as i love it:agree:), i usually try and go and see different teams and stadium each time i go

IMO its no different from someone missing a game due to going on holiday or family commitments etc

iv not been to sunderland yet although we were going to go see them play man u but didnt work out, im sure ill be there soon enough :cool2:

:agree: I've taken my bairns to see Sunderland v Arsenal at the SOL the past two seasons but would only miss a Hibs game if it was a cat b team away or the tims as I have vowed never to go back to celtc park. Lucky this year it's the day we play St Mirren away :thumbsup:

chrisski33
12-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Id nevergo and watch another team play when hibs are playing! If ur a hibby get ur butt up to the killie game and support ur team! U have no excuse like work or family commitments!

dumfries hibby
12-10-2009, 11:26 PM
I agree they are true supporters, thats why they won't be at ER watching another team when their own is playing. :wink:

well if thats the case would you no be better watching a wedgie team as yer in argyll , and me maybe QOS as I'm in Dumfries , its his money his choice , he only asked a question

andyhibsboy
12-10-2009, 11:37 PM

:top marks

CB_NO3
13-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Yous guys are the reason modern football is rubbish. Glory hunters, giving your money to massive clubs, why not support your own team.

stevenhibs
13-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Yous guys are the reason modern football is rubbish. Glory hunters, giving your money to massive clubs, why not support your own team.

With all due respect, his username is Borders hibby and bearing in mind that Berwick (for example) is in the borders, almost half way between the two.

How do you know what his first preference is or anyone else for that matter?

You've no idea about peoples personal sitautions and clearly dont want to think about anything like that before you personally attack people!!!

Have a word!!!

Borders Hibby
13-10-2009, 08:30 AM
With all due respect, his username is Borders hibby and bearing in mind that Berwick (for example) is in the borders, almost half way between the two.

You've no idea about peoples personal sitautions and clearly dont want to think about anything like that before you personally attack people!!!

Have a word!!!

These morons wil not stop me watching another team on occasion. It was an honest question about another football ground, and I thought this was a football forum for Hibs supporters. Lets not get into an argguement about how long I have had a season ticket for or how many Hands off Hibs rallies I went to or how much I have spent followin Hibs. Just fancied a wee change.:agree:

greenlex
13-10-2009, 09:35 AM

Have a word!!!

I do know he lives in Leith though. Don't you read the thread? Why not go another day when the Cabbage are at the very least not at home?

greenlex
13-10-2009, 09:40 AM
These morons wil not stop me watching another team on occasion. It was an honest question about another football ground, and I thought this was a football forum for Hibs supporters. Lets not get into an argguement about how long I have had a season ticket for or how many Hands off Hibs rallies I went to or how much I have spent followin Hibs. Just fancied a wee change.:agree:

So I am a moron for having an opinion then? Enjoy yourself on Saturday mate.

ancient hibee
13-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Why don't you have your wee change when Hibs are away-I suspect that is what most of us morons find extremely peculiar.

givescotlandfreedom
13-10-2009, 10:39 AM

Ask Sunderland morons, most of us would rather talk about Hibs.

stevenhibs
13-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I do know he lives in Leith though. Don't you read the thread? Why not go another day when the Cabbage are at the very least not at home?

Did I at any point say that he LIVED in the borders? Hang on, I'll double check.... nope.

And for what it's worth, yes, I did read the full thread.

Did you read my post fully?

puff the dragon
13-10-2009, 12:33 PM
So the boy doesn't want to go to Easter Road on Saturday to see Kilmarnock for the 25th time this decade or something. Doesn't make him not a Hibs fan.

I'm giving Easter Road a miss on Saturday for another sporting venue myself - Heineken Cup Rugby at Murrayfield.

Toucgh decision likes:

Europe's premier club rugby competition or Europe's 12th top domestic league?

Some of the best players in their sport or Danny Invisable?

Drinking Heineken during the match with supporters (of both sides) who can act like adults with it, or not drinking at the game because about 25% of the people in the ground don't have the mental capacity not to start a fight because of the drink?

Enjoy Sunderland dude - not my cup of tea as anything other than Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal is a waste of a trip in my opinion.

Gatecrasher
13-10-2009, 12:36 PM

Glory hunter? the guys going to see Sunderland :rolleyes:

Hibee_Craig7062
13-10-2009, 01:26 PM
So the boy doesn't want to go to Easter Road on Saturday to see Kilmarnock for the 25th time this decade or something. Doesn't make him not a Hibs fan.

I'm giving Easter Road a miss on Saturday for another sporting venue myself - Heineken Cup Rugby at Murrayfield.

Toucgh decision likes:

Drinking Heineken during the match with supporters (of both sides) who can act like adults with it, or not drinking at the game because about 25% of the people in the ground don't have the mental capacity not to start a fight because of the drink?

Enjoy Sunderland dude - not my cup of tea as anything other than Man Utd, Chelsea or Arsenal is a waste of a trip in my opinion.

Extremely tough :rolleyes:

Enjoy your egg chasing :yawn:

puff the dragon
13-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Extremely tough :rolleyes:

Enjoy your egg chasing :yawn:

Perhaps not tough for someone who doesn't like Rugby.

However variety is the spice of life, if we were all the same what a dull world this would be.

Also I have a season ticket for Edinburgh Rugby - gave up the Hibs one a few seasons ago.

greenlex
13-10-2009, 02:57 PM
Did I at any point say that he LIVED in the borders? Hang on, I'll double check.... nope.

And for what it's worth, yes, I did read the full thread.

Did you read my post fully?
Yes I did. You suggested that because he was called Borders Hibby he might be just as easy to go to Sunderland that Easter Road. Did I miss something?
Maybe he should change himself to Borders Mackem or Borders Fitba fan? Is that what you are suggesting?
FWIW I dont really care where he goes I just find it peculiar behaviour for a Hibs fan.

Exiled Hibby
13-10-2009, 03:12 PM
If the guy wants a change - let him have a change. Being with Kylie doesnt mean I cant have the odd night with Angelina

Would make an old man very happy.........:wink::wink::wink:

greenlex
13-10-2009, 03:14 PM
If the guy wants a change - let him have a change. Being with Kylie doesnt mean I cant have the odd night with Angelina

Would make an old man very happy.........:wink::wink::wink:
Aye but whats wong with Kylie on the Sat and Angelina on the Sunday? :wink:

Exiled Hibby
13-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Aye but whats wong with Kylie on the Sat and Angelina on the Sunday? :wink:

could give it a try, but at my age there usually needs a week gap at least:boo hoo:

greenlex
13-10-2009, 03:23 PM
could give it a try, but at my age there usually needs a week gap at least:boo hoo:
I nearly typed Kylie in the morning and Angelina post lunch. :greengrin

hibee_nation
13-10-2009, 04:03 PM
well if thats the case would you no be better watching a wedgie team as yer in argyll , and me maybe QOS as I'm in Dumfries , its his money his choice , he only asked a question

I support Hibs cause they were my local team when i was 8 yo. If you are a doonhamer born and bred then yes you should support QOS, glad you chose the cabbage though now dry yer eyes.

StevieC
13-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Give the guy a break.

He's a Hibby, he obviously loves football, and he wants to take in another game for a change.

It's not like he's defecting to Tynecastle FFS!

I've season tickets for me and the laddie at Easter Road and also one for myself at St James'. I can quite happily swap between the two during the course of a season and have no problem "sharing the love".

:agree:

This weekend I'm missing the Killie game because I'm taking the better half away for her birthday, but I'm hoping to take in the Monaco v Lens game to satisfy my requirement for a weekend football fix. Should I be hanging my head in shame and handing back my season ticket?

:hmmm:

GlesgaeHibby
13-10-2009, 06:31 PM

Toucgh decision likes:

Egg chasing or football? It's a no brainer.

Why anybody enjoys watching 30 men knocking lumps out of each other chasing an egg about is beyond me. Each to their own though. Enjoy it!

dumfries hibby
13-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I support Hibs cause they were my local team when i was 8 yo. If you are a doonhamer born and bred then yes you should support QOS, glad you chose the cabbage though now dry yer eyes.

not a doonhamer born just live there , just felt you were a bit harsh with yer post , took my laddie to see liverpool cause thats his premiership team , but also take him to easter road .

hibee_nation
13-10-2009, 07:23 PM
not a doonhamer born just live there , just felt you were a bit harsh with yer post , took my laddie to see liverpool cause thats his premiership team , but also take him to easter road .

No probs mate, enjoy your trip to liverpool, sometimes i wish i could support 2 teams too. :wink:

Mr T
13-10-2009, 07:45 PM

Hibs still have my money whether I'm at Easter Road or not.. They may not have me cheering them on for this one game but I'm sure they'll cope!!

Sometimes its good to get a change of league now and again so you can fully appreciate how good the SPL is :greengrin

Mr T

stevenhibs
13-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Yes I did. You suggested that because he was called Borders Hibby he might be just as easy to go to Sunderland that Easter Road. Did I miss something?
Maybe he should change himself to Borders Mackem or Borders Fitba fan? Is that what you are suggesting?

No, I suggested that he may have been born/brought up halfway between the 2 hence the word BORDER in his username, and to answer your question... Yes, i think you did miss something.

I post on the Sunderland forum as EdinburghSAFC.... should I change that then by your logic to EdinburghHibs just because i'm a hibs fan too?

I don't mean to be nippy about this but I am in exactly the same situation as the OP where I have 2 football passions due to location, Hibs and Sunderland as it goes. Family from and still live in Sunderland where as I live here.

I have gone to Sunderland games when Hibs are playing and vice versa and see no problem in the least in choosing between the 2. Doesnt make you less of a fan.

My point is that we should accept that his/our situation is slightly different from someone brought up in or around Edinburgh and to label him/us with being "the reason modern football is rubbish" is possibly a bit harsh. Surely you can see that?

I would understand your point more if it was Arsenal or Man United but it's SUNDERLAND FFS!!!

dumfries hibby
13-10-2009, 11:25 PM
No, I suggested that he may have been born/brought up halfway between the 2 hence the word BORDER in his username, and to answer your question... Yes, i think you did miss something.

I post on the Sunderland forum as EdinburghSAFC.... should I change that then by your logic to EdinburghHibs just because i'm a hibs fan too?

I don't mean to be nippy about this but I am in exactly the same situation as the OP where I have 2 football passions due to location, Hibs and Sunderland as it goes. Family from and still live in Sunderland where as I live here.

I have gone to Sunderland games when Hibs are playing and vice versa and see no problem in the least in choosing between the 2. Doesnt make you less of a fan.

My point is that we should accept that his/our situation is slightly different from someone brought up in or around Edinburgh and to label him/us with being "the reason modern football is rubbish" is possibly a bit harsh. Surely you can see that?

I would understand your point more if it was Arsenal or Man United but it's SUNDERLAND FFS!!!

well said ! i was born in jarrow my dad is from sunderland and thats why i have two teams my old man use to work and repair dockside cranes and in the fifties he used to come up and work in leith , his mates from leith would take him to see hibs that is why it was passed on to me and mine ,
i cant be classed as a glory hunter as it was the only teams i was allowed to follow , 44 years old now and if it was one aginst the other it would be the cabbage every time

dumfries hibby
13-10-2009, 11:28 PM
No probs mate, enjoy your trip to liverpool, sometimes i wish i could support 2 teams too. :wink:

aye but you do hibs and eire , going by yer avater ?
whats wrong with scotland ?

O'Brien[11]
14-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Tbh Hibs V Kilmarnock or Sunderland V Liverpool:rolleyes:?
i know where id go tbh, all this true supporters go to our games etc is all alot of *****, sunderland play liverpool once a season at home, we play killie twice probably he can go to the next one? plus its not every week you go to epl games, its a better standard of football and more value for your money, watching players like torres, gerrard, jones etc, or watching craig bryson, mehdi taouil, david fernandez, cmon lads lets be serious scottish football is pash, and if the boy wants to go watch a better game once in a while then whats the problem, we should be raping killie with no fans never mind -1:agree:.

greenlex
14-10-2009, 12:00 PM

I don't mean to be nippy about this but I am in exactly the same situation as the OP where I have 2 football passions due to location, Hibs and Sunderland as it goes. Family from and still live in Sunderland where as I live here. The original poster doesn't go to the stadium of light regularly or he wouldn't be asking where to park or where to sit for atmosphere so he isn't in the same position as you.(or Stevie Carr for that matter) As far as I can see he just fancies a change. My comments about being strange still stand.

I have gone to Sunderland games when Hibs are playing and vice versa and see no problem in the least in choosing between the 2. Doesnt make you less of a fan. Never said it did :confused:

My point is that we should accept that his/our situation is slightly different from someone brought up in or around Edinburgh and to label him/us with being "the reason modern football is rubbish" is possibly a bit harsh. Surely you can see that? Again I think you are confusing me with someone else as I didnt say that

I would understand your point more if it was Arsenal or Man United but it's SUNDERLAND FFS!!! I dont think you understand my point at all.

Speedway
14-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Ultimately I think, that if 50% of walk up fans don't go to ER when we're at home, we're in danger of our gate takings being half what they could have been.

silverhibee
14-10-2009, 05:58 PM
Ultimately I think, that if 50% of walk up fans don't go to ER when we're at home, we're in danger of our gate takings being half what they could have been.

How much longer. Please.:greengrin

Leith_Hibee
14-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Well I'm Yeovil Hibee and I live in Ryehill which is a good par five away from Easter Road, I play football on a Saturday and this weekend I have a free week, I'm heading to Northumberland with a few of the boys for a golf weekend and we are taking in the Sunderland game, really looking forward to it.

Like a previous poster mentioned, I've lost count of the number of Hibs v Kilmarnock (and vise versa) games I've been at and 9 times out of 10 they are dull affairs.

I'm a Hibee through and through but would never berate someone for going to see a premiership game from time to time whether Hibs are home or away.

Scottish Football in general is pretty dull. Too many coaches who have spent time at the Largs school of nullifying the opposition. Thankfully Hughes at least tries to play football - it will not be pretty this week playing against a back 11. I hope I'm wrong for those at ER.

hibee_nation
14-10-2009, 11:08 PM
Correct it means Ireland forever and was Hibs motto, shame you don't know our history. Stick to supporting your English team you might not make such a fool of yourself. My daughter likes it purely cause it's got her name on the scarf hope you don't find her pic too offensive. :bitchy:

dumfries hibby
14-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Correct it means Ireland forever and was Hibs motto, shame you don't know our history. Stick to supporting your English team you might not make such a fool of yourself. My daughter likes it purely cause it's got her name on the scarf hope you don't find her pic too offensive. :bitchy:

dont find it offensive at all , yes i do know our history , i wasnt to know her name was on the scarf though !