PDA

View Full Version : George McCluskey - Clown...

3pm
11-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Here are a couple of lines fae George in the NOTW today (Please don't judge me)...

'There will be fans who can't afford to go down to London every second week for a game in London or Portsmouth or wherever. They might want to go and see the 2nd team at Celtic Park if they are playing an Aberdeen or Hearts for the SPL title, I'm sure they'd still pull in the crowds. I'm still convinced they would sell the place out for Celtic '2' v Rangers '2' - even if the biggest names weren't playing.

Some more pish as well.

1) Celtic '2'? For a Celtic '2', they'll need about 50 'bhoys' on the payroll between them and Celtic '1' due to the fact you won't be able to pick from the 'reserves' from week to week. The payroll then becomes ridiculous thus defeating the purpose of moving dan saff.

2) SPL title? See point 1. You still need to spend more than the rest to win it. Still win the league and take the Champions League spot? Ha Ha!

3) Who wants to watch Hearts?

Souness should have hit him a harder than he did.

HibbyAndy
11-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Did seem to be a bit fuddish when i read it today right enough.

Baldy Foghorn
11-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Here are a couple of lines fae George in the NOTW today (Please don't judge me)...

'There will be fans who can't afford to go down to London every second week for a game in London or Portsmouth or wherever. They might want to go and see the 2nd team at Celtic Park if they are playing an Aberdeen or Hearts for the SPL title, I'm sure they'd still pull in the crowds. I'm still convinced they would sell the place out for Celtic '2' v Rangers '2' - even if the biggest names were playing.

Some more pish as well.

1) Celtic '2'? For a Celtic '2', they'll need about 50 'bhoys' on the payroll between them and Celtic '1' due to the fact you won't be able to pick from the 'reserves' from week to week. The payroll then becomes ridiculous thus defeating the purpose of moving dan saff.

2) SPL title? See point 1. You still need to spend more than the rest to win it. Still win the league and take the Champions League spot? Ha Ha!

If the OF want to leave then fine, but no way whatsoever should the be allowed to leave a second side in the SPL...... All or nothing IMO

3pm
11-10-2009, 05:54 PM
If the OF want to leave then fine, but no way whatsoever should the be allowed to leave a second side in the SPL...... All or nothing IMO

Don't think they could afford to Steven.

basehibby
11-10-2009, 06:23 PM

:agree: It's incredible the arrogance of it but there seems to be some misapprehension amongst the phannies that follow the infirm that in the event of them deserting Scotland we'll all be quite happy for them to have their cake and eat it - either through OF reserve sides still playing in the Scottish League or through some sort of participation in the Scottish Cup!

There is absolutely NO WAY this notion should be given the time of day - they can either stay in Scotland or GTF - COMPLETELY! - any compromises on that score and we'll soon have the head of CONACAF and others demanding the disbanding of the home nations and the advent of a team GB (again) - and this time they would actually have a decent argument.

Even if the national side was not an issue, their condescending tone is just so insulting that we should tell them to GTF anyway on a point of principle.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2009, 06:32 PM
:agree: It's incredible the arrogance of it but there seems to be some misapprehension amongst the phannies that follow the infirm that in the event of them deserting Scotland we'll all be quite happy for them to have their cake and eat it - either through OF reserve sides still playing in the Scottish League or through some sort of participation in the Scottish Cup!

There is absolutely NO WAY this notion should be given the time of day - they can either stay in Scotland or GTF - COMPLETELY! - any compromises on that score and we'll soon have the head of CONACAF and others demanding the disbanding of the home nations and the advent of a team GB (again) - and this time they would actually have a decent argument.

:agree:

NAE NOOKIE
11-10-2009, 06:37 PM

Even if the national side was not an issue, their condescending tone is just so insulting that we should tell them to GTF anyway on a point of principle.

:top marks

woody47
11-10-2009, 06:38 PM

'There will be fans who can't afford to go down to London every second week for a game in London or Portsmouth or wherever. They might want to go and see the 2nd team at Celtic Park if they are playing an Aberdeen or Hearts for the SPL title, I'm sure they'd still pull in the crowds. I'm still convinced they would sell the place out for Celtic '2' v Rangers '2' - even if the biggest names weren't playing.

Some more pish as well.

Maybe it is about time that everyone outside the bigot bros actually 'stood up to be counted'.

These a-holes should be told to either pack up or shut TF up once and for all. If they do go, they should be completely kicked out of Scottish football with no compromise. They should also be told that WHEN it doesn't work out they would need to reapply after 5 years in the wilderness and would start at the bottom. And even then it would have to go to a fans vote if we wanted them back in. I know which way I would vote.

Hibbyradge
11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Maybe it is about time that everyone outside the bigot bros actually 'stood up to be counted'.

These a-holes should be told to either pack up or shut TF up once and for all. If they do go, they should be completely kicked out of Scottish football with no compromise. They should also be told that WHEN it doesn't work out they would need to reapply after 5 years in the wilderness and would start at the bottom. And even then it would have to go to a fans vote if we wanted them back in. I know which way I would vote.

One wee flaw.

They have more fans than the rest of us put together.

3pm
11-10-2009, 06:57 PM
It's the 2 teams that I find amusing!

GordonR
11-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Presumably the SPL fixture list would have to be arranged to make sure these OF second-string diddy teams aren't playing at home when Grayskull and Darkheid are being used by the two 'real' teams playing in the EPL.

Toaods
11-10-2009, 07:28 PM
sounds like Beastie is just trying to work up some business for his minibus company if the unwashed ever make it there.

crewetollhibee
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM
And no return ticket when the novelty wears off either !!

judas
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM

Some more pish as well.

I have the remedy.

Stop reading thick papers and then complaining about the content.

It irritates me.

HibbyAndy
11-10-2009, 09:31 PM
One wee flaw.

Another flaw.

They have more Bigots than the rest of us put together.

Hibercelona
11-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Surely when the OF finally pack their bags full of buckie bottles and mayfair.... they would need permission from the majority of SPL club owners if they ever wanted to crawl there sorry behinds back into the SPL? :confused:

New Corrie
11-10-2009, 09:57 PM
McCluskey was a fat Smellsick W""K when he played for us.....and he's stlill a fat Smellsick W""K!

Hibbyradge
11-10-2009, 10:00 PM
Another flaw.

They have more Bigots than the rest of us put together.

Indeed they do.

vahibbie
11-10-2009, 10:13 PM
There should never, ever, ever be a second team allowed anywhere near the SPL.
The bare faced arrogance of these *******s is mind boggling:grr::grr:

sevenil
11-10-2009, 11:11 PM
You can see what's in the minds of the money men at Ibrox/Parkheid. All they see are £ signs.

They've seen the massive amounts of TV money if they might access in the EPL. They will have calculated that it's enough for them to run a pool of about 35+ reasonable pro's. So, magic...... they think they could get into the EPL and still have enough pool players of a decent quality to see continued success for OF2 in the SPL. Financial geniuses.......still clean up in Scotland, and yet also have access to the treasure trove down south.

I just hope that UEFA will recognise the scam and immediately knock it on the head. You can't have any faith that the Chairmen at the rest of the SPL clubs have the bollocks to immediately kick their dreams into the North Sea.

Steve-O
12-10-2009, 06:38 AM
One wee flaw.

Vote on them individually, rather than as a pair :wink:

erin go bragh
12-10-2009, 09:53 AM
McCluskey was a fat Smellsick W""K when he played for us.....and he's stlill a fat Smellsick W""K!
he were a bit on the big size but he still done us a right good turn when he played with us[ i can think of a lot of dire strikers to pull on the green and he was not one of them . beastie boy

Peevemor
12-10-2009, 09:59 AM
he were a bit on the big size but he still done us a right good turn when he played with us[ i can think of a lot of dire strikers to pull on the green and he was not one of them . beastie boy

:agree: 'mon the Beastie!

MB62
12-10-2009, 10:05 AM
If the day ever came when they effed off and both left a 2nd team to play in Scotland, that would be the day I walked away from Scottish fitba too.
No way in the world would I support a league set up which involved either of their reserves, NO WAY!

OFGTF - NOW!

wazoo1875
12-10-2009, 10:51 AM
If the day ever came when they effed off and both left a 2nd team to play in Scotland, that would be the day I walked away from Scottish fitba too.
No way in the world would I support a league set up which involved either of their reserves, NO WAY!

OFGTF - NOW!

I will walk too , the whole thing would be a sham .

Their arrogance knows no bounds :grr:

Hibbyradge
12-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Vote on them individually, rather than as a pair :wink:

:faf:

:thumbsup:

The Huns wouldn't vote for Sellick, and Vice-versa.

Or would they? :paranoid:

hibbie02
12-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Shurely if they were allowed to play in the EPL and were allowed to play a second string in the SPL, then EPL teams would have a right to enter their reserve teams in the SPL too? Or is it only the OF that have a right to having their cake and eating it?

At the end of the day if they go to the EPL, we effectively have a British League and we can kiss goodbye to a Scottish National Team.

heretoday
12-10-2009, 12:23 PM
"Fans who can't afford to go down to London every second week....."

You're joking! They've got plenty of cash these neds!

Viva_Palmeiras
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
the whole thing is mental might as well tear up "national" football leagues at the same time.

And the irony for some of the Celtic support of joining a British/English league!

Somethings gone really wrong with football. Was it ever played on a level playing field ? Who knows but it certainly isn't now.

Let the market decide. Well we see where that got us with this financial crisis. The same rules apply here.

To me the answer is regulation (if the "players" wont play ball). Regulators step in where there is a lack of competition.

Why wont FIFA? EUFA? SPL? What is their purpose? Who's interests do they serve?

Top level fooball clubs will eat themselves whilst grass roots suffer the consequences.

Ollie Reed
12-10-2009, 01:56 PM

Beastie's a top bloke. Might have spouted a bit of garbage there, still a top bloke though.

lEXO
12-10-2009, 07:05 PM
NO he was,nt.Your just being mean.

My thoughts to

:agree: 'mon the Beastie!
:thumbsup: