PDA

View Full Version : Australia--Hibby in QLD

Big90inOz
11-10-2009, 06:19 AM
I'm hoping someone can help
I have a car lease, trouble is someone in Queensland has the same rego number HIBS FC.
I recon the lease company have made a pigs ear of the accounts and may well be double billing.
I have caught the lease company out a couple of times and had been assured that they had put systems in place to prevent the wrong account being charged. I have now found they are trying to charge me $500 for an insurance excess.:boo hoo:
Does the owner of the QLD car post on here ? Does anyone know the owner ?

This is probably a long shot but you never know.

Woody1985
11-10-2009, 12:36 PM
I have a car lease, trouble is someone in Queensland has the same rego number HIBS FC.
I recon the lease company have made a pigs ear of the accounts and may well be double billing.
I have caught the lease company out a couple of times and had been assured that they had put systems in place to prevent the wrong account being charged. I have now found they are trying to charge me $500 for an insurance excess.:boo hoo:

I can't help but am interested in your question as I can't understand it!

Do you have two different DVLA departments for car registrations in Oz? How can there be two reggies the same in the same country?

I'm sure if they do and they've not been charged the excess they won't be in a hurry to post it!

FranckSuzy
11-10-2009, 01:12 PM

Maybe you could email the Oz Hibs guys (I'm sure I've seen the email addy on here but for the life of me I can't find it). Or why not PM ForzaFred? He is the font of all knowledge of Hibs in Oz :greengrin My bro's in Victoria and the secy of the Victorian Hibs branch. If you get no joy then let me know and I'll email him. Good luck.

Big90inOz
11-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Each state has its own rego system, so yes there can be a HIBS FC in each state. My son has HAGGIS 1 which he got while in VIC, he then move to NT with no problems. Now he is back in WA he can only keep the rego for 1 yr as someone else has the rego in WA.
Cmae as a bit of a shock to realise there could be multiple cars running on same rego.

I can't help but am interested in your question as I can't understand it!

Do you have two different DVLA departments for car registrations in Oz? How can there be two reggies the same in the same country?

I'm sure if they do and they've not been charged the excess they won't be in a hurry to post it!

Forza Fred
12-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Maybe you could email the Oz Hibs guys (I'm sure I've seen the email addy on here but for the life of me I can't find it). Or why not PM ForzaFred? He is the font of all knowledge of Hibs in Oz :greengrin My bro's in Victoria and the secy of the Victorian Hibs branch. If you get no joy then let me know and I'll email him. Good luck.

Sorry, I'm based in Steak'n 'Kidney so can't help re Queensland...I'm not aware o fone o four members up there having a Hibs rego....but they are not uncommon these days.

I *did* have a NSW registration 20 years or so ago which was simply the word "HIBEES"..even had a photo of it in the Evening News back then....mind you, as I say, they are a wee bit cheaper now and there are a lot more running about in Oz now.

FranckSuzy
12-10-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry, I'm based in Steak'n 'Kidney so can't help re Queensland...I'm not aware o fone o four members up there having a Hibs rego....but they are not uncommon these days.

I *did* have a NSW registration 20 years or so ago which was simply the word "HIBEES"..even had a photo of it in the Evening News back then....mind you, as I say, they are a wee bit cheaper now and there are a lot more running about in Oz now.

Thanks anyway Fred. John had HIBS FC on an old Holden Commodore but not sure what he's done with it.

ozhibs
12-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi I can certainly put something in HWG! our monthly newsletter if that helps..
I'm in NSW and have HIBEES BTW

Jamesie
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
Who was the Hibby from Queensland Fred - white hair, liked a cigar to himself. Sure he lived in either Brissy or Cairns?

Jamesie
12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
Answered my own question - the guy in question is David Christians. Not heard from him since probably 2004 though, dunno if he's still up there.

ozhibs
13-10-2009, 01:15 AM
Dave has moved down to Echuca in Viccy which I think is about 31/2 hrs from Melbourne or 2 hours from me :wink:

Big90inOz
13-10-2009, 01:44 AM
Hi I can certainly put something in HWG! our monthly newsletter if that helps..
I'm in NSW and have HIBEES BTW

That might help, thanks :thumbsup:

For all I know the guy might be having issues with the company as well, perhaps we will get somewhere if we both contact them on the same issues.

The cheeky ba**ards told me to change my rego, at which point I advised them that it wasn't an option :greengrin

ozhibs
03-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I have had an email from 1 of the Hibees who saw the car yesterday and he THINKS he knows the driver, so we will see what happens.

Big90inOz
03-11-2009, 02:37 AM
Cheers :thumbsup::thumbsup: