PDA

View Full Version : Formation for this season

Teuchter Hibbie
10-10-2009, 07:03 PM
Hibs' inconsistency thus far this season begs the question:

what is yogi's best formation for this season?

personally i favour attacking 4-2-4 with zemmama, miller etc as it produces much better football to watch and so far, much better resuts as well :greengrin

still lingering doubts over nish...:wink: should we get rid of him while he's still worth something or keep him as back up to riordan, stokes, benji etc?

Cocaine&Caviar
10-10-2009, 07:07 PM
I think the 442 formation has been somewhat exaggerated, its not that different from the 433 we started the season with...

________McBride
___Zemmama___Miller
Stokes___________Riordan
_________Benji

With Zemmama having a free role, and stokes pushing more central, it then becomes more of a 424. The main difference in results and performances hasnt been the formation, for me its been the form of Zemmama and Miller...

Hibee_Rab
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
I agree the 4-2-4 seems to work, though I think it could also be described as an attacking 4-4-2 or even a 4-2-2-2! On the issue of nish I think it would be crazy to get rid, first off I pretty certain the jury is still out on benji since he got back and we can't rely on just bryne as back up, and if you look at nish's stats it just shows how good a position we are in that he is a squad player for us rather than an permanent first teamer.

Teuchter Hibbie
10-10-2009, 07:15 PM
yeah true enough

i havent seen many games this season but i know nish has come in for a lot of stick on here and with fans in general. i agree with keeping on for a squad player - if you look at the OF and the strength in depth they have in most positions Hibs need to build that same strength.

strummbo
11-10-2009, 06:27 AM
3-5-2 for me

murray, hogg and bamba

zemmama, miller, mcbride wotherspoon rordan

(droppin in rankin, thicot, stevenson galbraith etc when required)

stokes n benji

but then im nuggets and just in an goin to bed...

go on the hibees ya bass!

Jack
11-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Its a 2 3 3 for me!

Then the full backs have been key to getting that extra man/men in midfield and even attack. I like the way Zemmama has tracked back to cover Wotherspoon and while Riorden has been better this season Murray is experienced enough to know not to rely him tracking back too often.

Peevemor
11-10-2009, 07:16 AM
Its a 2 3 3 for me!

Then the full backs have been key to getting that extra man/men in midfield and even attack. I like the way Zemmama has tracked back to cover Wotherspoon and while Riorden has been better this season Murray is experienced enough to know not to rely him tracking back too often.

With only 8 outfield players, it has to be 4 3 1 or 4 4 0 depending who we're playing I'd say.

matty_f
11-10-2009, 08:19 AM
I think the attacking 4-4-2 that we've played the last couple of games has been brilliant.

Worked better, IMHO, with Benji and Stokes as the centre-forwards, rather than Nish and Stokes, because I thought that we kept the ball much better when it got played up to Benji.

I think most teams would struggle not to concede with Benji, Stokes, Riordan, and Zemmama facing them.

Miller and McBride have formed a very good partnership in the middle, and IMHO, Wotherspoon and Murray have been our best full backs this season.

That leaves Hogg and Bamba in the centre of defence, who will improve their partnership as the season progresses, and I'd take either Stack or Maka in goals.

Would fancy us against most sides with that team.

Jack
11-10-2009, 10:21 AM
With only 8 outfield players, it has to be 4 3 1 or 4 4 0 depending who we're playing I'd say.

Plus the 2 fullbacks - being fullbacks, midfielders or attacking support. Mega fit superstars. We,re getting there!

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2009, 10:25 AM
The attacking formation that we played against Motherwell is the way to go when are dictating the pace. Simply put, Well could not get the ball from us in that second half so in that sense the attacking formation is less important that how we set up if we give the ball away. I don't see us being able to go to Ibrox and try and combat the 4-5-1 anti-football with 4-2-4. We would just get worn down. Might earn plaudits, but won't earn points.:no way: