PDA

View Full Version : Lee Wallace

GreenOnions
10-10-2009, 06:43 PM
Just wondering what everyone thought of his performance today?

I thought his was a very promising debut. He looked strong defensively, seemed to have good positional awareness and looks comfortable on the ball.

I think it's important that Scotland unearth some quality at left back because I'm fed up with Scotland managers playing centre-backs or ageing full-backs with no pace from the lower english leagues there.

Without any quality and/or pace in the full-back areas it is difficult for a team like Scotland to get through the opposition midfield as we have no width.

I am sure that the media will be desperate to see Danny Fox at left back because he plays for Celtic but I'd like to see our two full backs chosen from Whittaker, Hutton and Wallace.

Hanny
10-10-2009, 06:45 PM
Just wondering what everyone thought of his performance today?

I thought his was a very promising debut. He looked strong defensively, seemed to have good positional awareness and looks comfortable on the ball.

I think it's important that Scotland unearth some quality at left back because I'm fed up with Scotland managers playing centre-backs or ageing full-backs with no pace from the lower english leagues there.

Without any quality in the full-back areas it is difficult for a team like Scotland to get through the opposition midfield as we have no width.

I am sure that the media will be desperate to see Danny Fox at left back because he plays for Celtic but I'd like to see our two full backs chosen from Whittaker, Hutton and Wallace.

I thought he did quite well :agree:

Certainly a better option at left back than Callum Davidson!

On the other hand, I thought Whittaker struggled today, the lad's not a full back.

Toaods
10-10-2009, 07:20 PM
I've always rated Wallace - as a player - I thought he played very well today. Can't be bad when your only blip is a poorly judged cross when a good chance of a goal was on.

Could possibly lose a pound or two to sharpen up but plenty venom in his tackling.

Would still take him at ER.:duck:

Removed
10-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I've always rated Wallace - as a player - I thought he played very well today. Can't be bad when your only blip is a poorly judged cross when a good chance of a goal was on.

Could possibly lose a pound or two to sharpen up but plenty venom in his tackling.

:bitchy: Canny hit the crossbar, nowhere near Hibs class :greengrin

Broken Gnome
10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Utter joke he wasn't in the squad miles before now, highlighted even more so than the Danny Fox situation.

One of the very few, experienced or non-experienced, that didn't look out of place today.

ronaldo7
10-10-2009, 07:23 PM
Thought Wallace had a good game today. Positional sense was good and his distribution was fine,

Good debut.

Toaods
10-10-2009, 07:33 PM
:bitchy: Canny hit the crossbar, nowhere near Hibs class :greengrin

more crossbow than crossbar.....:faf:

Removed
10-10-2009, 07:37 PM

:faf:

HibbyAndy
10-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Thought LW had a decent debut, and can certainly look forward to more caps, althought im pretty certain he was better last season and got no caps atall.

Hainan Hibs
10-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Should be picked ahead of Fox everyday of the week. Good performance today I thought, it's good to see we have an option for a postion we struggle to fill.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-10-2009, 09:08 PM

Definitely :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
10-10-2009, 09:12 PM

Crosshair perhaps?

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Lee Wallace played well and probably deserves a place in the next Scotland team.

Though I had to laugh at the Kickback thread where they gave Riordan a hard time for hardly kicking a ball at the game.

Well maybe if that prat Burley had picked an inform forward rather than one who hasn't scored a competitive goal in 5 months, Scotland might have got something out of the game. :rolleyes:

PISTOL1875
10-10-2009, 10:44 PM
The biggest question is why has it been until now that he is playing for Scotland.. He's the best option we have at LB just now...

NOLA
10-10-2009, 11:17 PM
i fully expect danny fox to start the next competitive game next time around, nothing against Trigger, but he was there on defauflt, blackpool hibs will love me saying this!

greenginger
11-10-2009, 08:13 AM
I think Lee (Enfield) Wallace is due at the Sheriff Court this month to face 3 charges of breach of the peace. Might be "unavailable" for the next Scotland squad.

Toaods
11-10-2009, 10:14 AM
I think Lee (Enfield) Wallace is due at the Sheriff Court this month to face 3 charges of breach of the peace. Might be "unavailable" for the next Scotland squad.

I'm sure his brief won't fail to mention his remorse and that a plea for a lenient punishment will follow so as not to hinder his blossoming International career.....community service is my tip.

Aldo
11-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Wallace should be a stick on at LB IMHO. Would take him at ER in a flash.

Was listening to Sportsound yesterday and they were saying that with Fox fit who did they think would be the LB when the first qualifying match started near year or so.

Mentioning players who played at team in the SPL but didnt get picked but as soon as they moved either down south or to the OF straight into the Scotland Squad.

Sorry but Burley is a joke.

The_Horde
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Wallace should be a stick on at LB IMHO. Would take him at ER in a flash.

Was listening to Sportsound yesterday and they were saying that with Fox fit who did they think would be the LB when the first qualifying match started near year or so.

Mentioning players who played at team in the SPL but didnt get picked but as soon as they moved either down south or to the OF straight into the Scotland Squad.

Sorry but Burley is a joke.

:agree:

Needs to lay off the bevvy for a wee while.

H18sry
11-10-2009, 03:45 PM
Wallace and Doran's held there own yesterday and will be stick on's for future squads :agree:

Ferryhibby
11-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I like the guy even tho he plays for them but we need a decent left back and he fits the bill hope he gets a run in the team or that 'scotsman' fox might get in there and hes one i defo dont rate another nobody who gets a game by playin for one o them in the west

Onceinawhile
11-10-2009, 04:52 PM
He had a good game defensively, and tried to get forward, he maybe needs a bit more composure in the final third, but he is only young so hopefully that comes.

It shouldn't have taken call offs for him to get into the squad:agree:

Toaods
11-10-2009, 07:32 PM
what we did have in Japan was 3 of the U19 guys coming through in Fletch, Dorrans & Wallace.

Deek-biase apart how did Conway even manage a start ahead of Stephen Hughes.......:bitchy:

blackhibee
11-10-2009, 07:43 PM
Yes, Lee Wallace is a good player, both with Hearts and, by the looks of it, Scotland. Just such a pity he plays for them though, he's a Hibs fan through and through.

HibeeMcGinn1
11-10-2009, 07:47 PM
the guys a preeeck

robinhood
12-10-2009, 03:24 PM
Thought he played well, still suspect with an angled ball in behind him and gets dragged a in toward the ball a bit much when play is on the opposite side, but he is the best Scottish left back going at present.

What was the point in taking Riordan to give him 8 mins on the left wing, seems so utterly pointless to me. Riordan is a striker and should have been played up top alongside whoever from the start. Just seems an awful waste of a talent.(No matter my opinions of him as a person he still is a very talented footballer)

Danny_Hibee
12-10-2009, 05:01 PM
by saying he gets dragged towards the ball are you sure he is not just tucking in as all full backs do when the ball is on the other side.

that is what they are meant to do, dont want your defence stretched the width of the pitch because then there are big gaps

Cocaine&Caviar
12-10-2009, 05:05 PM
the guys a preeeck

But he is a hibby...:duck:

HibbyAndy
12-10-2009, 05:06 PM
by saying he gets dragged towards the ball are you sure he is not just tucking in as all full backs do when the ball is on the other side.

that is what they are meant to do, dont want your defence stretched the width of the pitch because then there are big gaps

Crikey a cannae believe your 18 now, it feels not so long ago you were just a bairn posting on here.

ancient hibee
12-10-2009, 06:35 PM
Needs to improve shooting.

Interesting no mention made prior to game of his offfield activities whereas Riordan???

HibbyAndy
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
Needs to improve shooting.

Interesting no mention made prior to game of his offfield activities whereas Riordan???

Funny that eh?!

Once the meedja have it in for you, they have it in for you.

rubber mal
13-10-2009, 07:31 AM
I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned Ian Murray.:confused:

Surely he'd be a better option at LB for Scotland than that gun-toting idiot...

robinhood
13-10-2009, 08:09 AM

He does tuck in well, but at times he can find himself up the left cb's back for a hump. Just a bit of positional awareness that will come with experience.

LEaston87
13-10-2009, 08:48 AM
I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned Ian Murray.:confused:

Surely he'd be a better option at LB for Scotland than that gun-toting idiot...

I think Wallace is a better LB than Murray, Murrays best position is Center Midfield but he wouldnt get into that position for scotland. Makes more sense bringing in someone young like Lee Wallace who could make the position his own for the next 8-10 years

rubber mal
13-10-2009, 12:18 PM
I think Wallace is a better LB than Murray, Murrays best position is Center Midfield but he wouldnt get into that position for scotland. Makes more sense bringing in someone young like Lee Wallace who could make the position his own for the next 8-10 years

I agree that LB isn't necessarily Murray's best position, but that's where he plays for his club and so should be considered on that basis by Burley.

IMO he's ten times the player Wallace is.