PDA

View Full Version : deek

Last Minute
10-10-2009, 10:19 AM
No start for deek plucking joke:grr:

McD
10-10-2009, 10:24 AM
MAde all the more ridiculous when conway and lee miller are starting ahead of him, when both weren't even selected originally

Wotherspiniesta
10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
Or Fletcher. Lee Miller on his own up front. Yes, that's Lee Miller of Aberdeen. Just look at it from a Hibs point of view though, the less time he spends on the pitch, the less chance of him getting injured.

hibee
10-10-2009, 11:21 AM
MAde all the more ridiculous when conway and lee miller are starting ahead of him, when both weren't even selected originally

That's what makes no sense, these guys weren't good enough in the managers eyes to get in the squad before him so how does he justify starting them ?

McD
10-10-2009, 12:13 PM
That's what makes no sense, these guys weren't good enough in the managers eyes to get in the squad before him so how does he justify starting them ?

Possibly joined george foulkes drinking soiree's??? :confused:

Foulkes slavers his pish, george doesnt say as much but his actions certainly look to be those of someone completely sloshed......

Alfred E Newman
10-10-2009, 12:16 PM

The fact that he was in the original squad before the 10 call offs and only given 10mins at the end of the game is insulting to the player to say the least. Riordan was only included due to preasure from some of the press guys but he quite obviously doesn`t fit into Burleys idea of a team of "workhorses".

McD
10-10-2009, 12:21 PM
The fact that he was in the original squad before the 10 call offs and only given 10mins at the end of the game is insulting to the player to say the least. Riordan was only included due to preasure from some of the press guys but he quite obviously doesn`t fit into Burleys idea of a team of "workhorses".

Uttering the name of burley and any of the following worda should result in straitjackets and rubber rooms.

Tactics
Teamwork
Organisation
Pride
Style

How the f*** did this guy ever manage to get Ipswich into europe???!!!

He has no clue what he's doing. He looks like little boy lost on the touchline (dont get me started on grown men wearing tracksuits), get him tae buggery.

Sick Boy
10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
Miller, Adam and Conway starting for Scotland. There's hope for us all.

whiskyhibby
10-10-2009, 12:49 PM
No start for deek plucking joke:grr:

Mauybe he was trying to create the worlds 2nd best pub team...........

:jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak::jamboak:

Judas Iscariot
10-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Burley is a Grade A jakey yam phanny..

Riordan shouldn't waste any of his own time by being part of the farce that is the full national side..

weecounty hibby
10-10-2009, 01:22 PM

Riordan shouldn't waste any of his own time by being part of the farce that is the full national side..
That would make him as bad as Kris Boyd, who has rightly been condemned as an arse because of that kind of attitude. Did you agree with Boyd or is it just because Deek is a Hibby. I do agree that he should have played a far bigger part today but walking away is not the answer, scoring more goals for the Hibs is.

Removed
10-10-2009, 01:26 PM

:agree: with yourt first comment and that the national side is currently a farce but imo Deeks should always be available, stay 100% behind the boss in public - even if he doesn't believe it, and keep banging the goals in for the Hibees. He keeps his self respect and Burley is the one that looks like a total dick.

Cammy
10-10-2009, 01:33 PM
That would make him as bad as Kris Boyd, who has rightly been condemned as an arse because of that kind of attitude. Did you agree with Boyd or is it just because Deek is a Hibby. I do agree that he should have played a far bigger part today but walking away is not the answer, scoring more goals for the Hibs is.

It does make you question Burley's man management skills and his overall tactics when the two most naturally gifted goal scorers couldn't/can't get a decent opportunity.

It is always wrong to turn your back on your country but the more I see the more I question whether Burley should be anywhere near the Scotland team. I orignally thought that Burley was a good appointment, but not now.

All teams need a work ethic to win but without someone capable of putting the ball in the net you will win nothing.

Hibby K
10-10-2009, 01:53 PM
As long as Burley persists with a boring 4-5-1 formation, which he should drop in view of the few goals it has brought him in his short international management career so far, there will be no place for Deek in the Scotland team regardless of the number of goals he scores for Hibs.
Whilst not agreeing Deek should do a Boyd and snub the international team, the fact Lee Miller who hasn't scored a goal all season and not even a first choice call up is chosen to start before Deek must be a real slap in the face though.
Burley unfortunately has no idea about team selection and probably thought it was Kenny Miller he'd chosen and not Lee Miller today. Same end result, useless striker with no goal threat!

ScottB
10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
As long as Burley persists with a boring 4-5-1 formation, which he should drop in view of the few goals it has brought him in his short international management career so far, there will be no place for Deek in the Scotland team regardless of the number of goals he scores for Hibs.
Whilst not agreeing Deek should do a Boyd and snub the international team, the fact Lee Miller who hasn't scored a goal all season and not even a first choice call up is chosen to start before Deek must be a real slap in the face though.
Burley unfortunately has no idea about team selection and probably thought it was Kenny Miller he'd chosen and not Lee Miller today. Same end result, useless striker with no goal threat!

But as you say, Burley is playing 4-5-1, if Deek is seen as a striker, does anyone think he would be good as a lone forward in the Scotland system? I don't. Had we been playing a 4-4-2 or something and he'd been snubbed then there'd be a point to the argument.

crewetollhibee
10-10-2009, 02:01 PM
We are soon going to be able to pick a decent Scottish 11 who are unavailable (for whatever reasons) since Burley came in. Deek might be quoted for that team pretty soon I think.

Hibby K
10-10-2009, 02:10 PM
But as you say, Burley is playing 4-5-1, if Deek is seen as a striker, does anyone think he would be good as a lone forward in the Scotland system? I don't. Had we been playing a 4-4-2 or something and he'd been snubbed then there'd be a point to the argument.

I agree Deek wouldn't be any good as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 but why are we playing this formation, especially in what had pre-match become a pretty meaningless friendly?
Was this not the time for Burley to throw caution to the wind and become a bit more adventurous? As things stand Scotland have no chance of qualifying for Euro 2012 playing with a lone striker, especially when, McFadden excluded, there is not a lot of goals in our midfield either.

ScottB
10-10-2009, 02:13 PM
I agree Deek wouldn't be any good as the lone striker in a 4-5-1 but why are we playing this formation, especially in what had pre-match become a pretty meaningless friendly?
Was this not the time for Burley to throw caution to the wind and become a bit more adventurous? As things stand Scotland have no chance of qualifying for Euro 2012 playing with a lone striker, especially when, McFadden excluded, there is not a lot of goals in our midfield either.

Oh I agree, personally 4-5-1 is only useful in a backs to the wall type situation, we shouldn't be doing it in every game. But thats not really the issue for this specifically.

In Burleys system Deek would be better on the left side rather than a striker.

Danderhall Hibs
10-10-2009, 02:18 PM
Oh I agree, personally 4-5-1 is only useful in a backs to the wall type situation, we shouldn't be doing it in every game. But thats not really the issue for this specifically.

In Burleys system Deek would be better on the left side rather than a striker.

Unfortunately Burley didn't think he was good enough to play out there and instead picked a guy that he never selected for the original squad on the left!

woody47
10-10-2009, 04:00 PM
As I have said before, the manager is a p!££ head that has absolutely no ferking idea.
How can he possibly justify leaving out one of the top scorers this season along with an EPL forward to put in a non scoring forward and a championship player.
As before -
Burley GTF

Broken Gnome
10-10-2009, 07:18 PM

But he can and often has played left side of a 4-5-1. Which is where he played when he belatedly came on. Which in turns begs the key question to todays events...

Can anyone please justify the following players and their gametime.

Craig Conway - 75 minutes
Derek Riordan - 15 minutes

Utterly nonsensical. And quite anger-inducing.

hibbie02
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM
But he can and often has played left side of a 4-5-1. Which is where he played when he belatedly came on. Which in turns begs the key question to todays events...

Can anyone please justify the following players and their gametime.

Craig Conway - 75 minutes
Derek Riordan - 15 minutes

Utterly nonsensical. And quite anger-inducing.

Totally agree. With the number of late replacements starting the match and Deek and Fletch stuck on the bench, it makes you wonder why they bothered to travel. Remind me again how many times Lee Miller has scored this season for Aberdeen? And how does that secure him a starting position against Fletch? And what does the SPL player of the month have to do to get in a National Team? Imagine the uproar if an English player ever managed to be player of the month in England (aye I know that is hard to imagine) and never got a start for them! And yet you get a load of ex Yams playing for Scotland. How does that work? I bet Clum will be next to play ahead of Deek.!!! :grr::grr::grr:

madabouthibs
10-10-2009, 07:27 PM
All teams need a work ethic to win but without someone capable of putting the ball in the net you will win nothing.

Beautifully demonstrated by Kenny Miller for the last few years now! :rolleyes:

Broken Gnome
10-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Totally agree. With the number of late replacements starting the match and Deek and Fletch stuck on the bench, it makes you wonder why they bothered to travel. Remind me again how many times Lee Miller has scored this season for Aberdeen? And how does that secure him a starting position against Fletch? And what does the SPL player of the month have to do to get in a National Team? Imagine the uproar if an English player ever managed to be player of the month in England (aye I know that is hard to imagine) and never got a start for them! And yet you get a load of ex Yams playing for Scotland. How does that work? I bet Clum will be next to play ahead of Deek.!!! :grr::grr::grr:

If Fletcher's injured and can't start that's fair enough.

And before anyone else brings the workrate rate argument in.... Very few would see Riordan as an even semi-regular starter for Scotland, more an impact sub. Lee Miller upfront? Best of a very limited bunch to do that job in the circumstances. But Riordan didn't need to play up front, who now sees him as an out and out striker, let alone a lone one. Conway had done a job, Scotland had held their shape and kept it goalless up to half-time, there was absolutely no need to maintain that stance for 75 BLOODY MINUTES. ****ing ridiculous.

hibbie02
10-10-2009, 07:42 PM
If Fletcher's injured and can't start that's fair enough.

And before anyone else brings the workrate rate argument in.... Very few would see Riordan as an even semi-regular starter for Scotland, more an impact sub. Lee Miller upfront? Best of a very limited bunch to do that job in the circumstances. But Riordan didn't need to play up front, who now sees him as an out and out striker, let alone a lone one. Conway had done a job, Scotland had held their shape and kept it goalless up to half-time, there was absolutely no need to maintain that stance for 75 BLOODY MINUTES. ****ing ridiculous.

If Fletch is injured he shouldnae be flying all the way to Japan. Who said anything about Deek playing up front? My point was how come he is named in the original squad and yet other replacements make the starting line up ahead of him? Deek is never an impact player. He is as likely to score in the first minute as the last. Why wait until Japan have taken control of the game before bringing him on? Even if he had come on at half time with Fletch he would have seen more of the ball and maybe could have done something. As it was the Japs brought on more and more of their better players and Deek was then wasting his time.

Broken Gnome
10-10-2009, 07:46 PM
If Fletch is injured he shouldnae be flying all the way to Japan. Who said anything about Deek playing up front? My point was how come he is named in the original squad and yet other replacements make the starting line up ahead of him? Deek is never an impact player. He is as likely to score in the first minute as the last. Why wait until Japan have taken control of the game before bringing him on? Even if he had come on at half time with Fletch he would have seen more of the ball and maybe could have done something. As it was the Japs brought on more and more of their better players and Deek was then wasting his time.

I know you never mentioned him playing up front, I was in rant mode :greengrin It was directed to other hypothetical points.

At national level, he won't be more than a sub. Sad but true. Today probably confirmed that. He should have been on way before he was, but against any sort of severe test he would be used in exactly the same way he was today. The frustration is that he should have been given the chance to do so much more today, but was given less minutes than any outfield player except for Darren Barr. Whose treatment was diabolical as well I might add.

hibbie02
10-10-2009, 08:33 PM
I know you never mentioned him playing up front, I was in rant mode :greengrin It was directed to other hypothetical points.

At national level, he won't be more than a sub. Sad but true. Today probably confirmed that. He should have been on way before he was, but against any sort of severe test he would be used in exactly the same way he was today. The frustration is that he should have been given the chance to do so much more today, but was given less minutes than any outfield player except for Darren Barr. Whose treatment was diabolical as well I might add.

Aye Barr was finding out what his international prospects would be if he signed for Hibs. However if he played for Hibs, did well and got a big money transfer to some second rate Championship team's reserves, his chances of playing for Scotland would increase greatly!!! :bitchy:

HibbyAndy
10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Ill not get into the Riordan debacle..but to start with Lee Miller (who IIRC was a late call up?) And has NO goals for Aberdeen this season ahead of your original picks (Riordan) leaves me to think that Burley has no clue OR he's a dirty Hearts barsteward.

AFKA5814_Hibs
10-10-2009, 10:31 PM
The best players to pick for any international side are those who are in form. Derek Riordan is obviously in great form.

Lee Miller on the other hand hasn't scored since Makalamby gifted him a goal at the end of last season, truly baffling. :confused:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-10-2009, 10:38 AM
You have got to give Burley credit at times though. I don't think that he has much time for Riordan but he accepts that he is more than meeting the criteria for getting an international place so he has his own credibilty to look after. He has played him like a full house a poker though. Talk him up about last chances, praise his natural ability....and then drag him to the other side of the world for twenty minutes or so when the guts of the game has gone. Knowing what a fiery character Deeks can be, no doubt he is waiting on the Monday morning papers, in anticipation of another Kris Boyd situation. Hopefully, DR can take this on the chin and go back to doing it pitch while the Scotland manager picks players who might be able to do it.:clown:

hibbie02
11-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Ill not get into the Riordan debacle..but to start with Lee Miller (who IIRC was a late call up?) And has NO goals for Aberdeen this season ahead of your original picks (Riordan) leaves me to think that Burley has no clue OR he's a dirty Hearts barsteward.

Not really an either/or situation. I think both apply. :jamboak:

Exiled Hibby
12-10-2009, 09:32 AM

I agree 100%. Burley should also have put Barr on when Berra got his head knock, and even given Langfield some game time. If you're going to go half way round the world for a mid season friendly, the least you can do is give everyone a decent run out or you'll end up with a lot more Kris Boyd type huffs. That isnt in anyones best interest and I would hate to see a talented player like Deek take the huff over a managerial error of judgement - I suspect Burley wont last too much longer anyway if our next couple of friendlies are lost.

Phil MaGlass
12-10-2009, 11:09 AM
:grr:Im f,n livid about this,flying Deeks to the other side of the world and giving him a few minutes just isnae f,n good enough. Lee Miller ffs, Lee Miller, whit the hells goin oan man.Deeks and Fletcher should have been started.Burley yir a muppet.:grr:
Theres only one player we could choose from, who can cross a ball properly or hit the back of the net from anywhere from nothing and he was sittin oan the bench for 75mins aaaaaaaaaaarrrrggggghh:brickwall.
Whit a waste.Mind you keeps him fit for the next game against Killie.

ancient hibee
12-10-2009, 06:52 PM
If you guys are annoyed now wait till he's picking Driver ahead of him.

AK86
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
burlet is a fandan of the highest order. He is without doubt trying to provoke Deek into some wee flaky response here
Lee miller is never oot the papers for the wrong reasons yet their is no "last chance" message from the jakey about him. Not to mention the fact he couldnt score in a sauna with a mitt full o fivers
And with all they call offs does Ian Murray not come into the reckoning?

poolman
12-10-2009, 07:33 PM

It's both of these Andy :agree:

And probably a few more

Man's a wholesale tosser