PDA

View Full Version : Deeks

heretoday
09-10-2009, 11:40 PM
Just finished watching extended YouTube footage of Riordan scoring goals galore.

Please Hibs - don't ever get rid of this guy!

IWasThere2016
09-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Deeks is class .. Total class! He'll only leave if Hibs insist .. He wants to play nowhere else :agree:

sleeping giant
10-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Deeks is class .. Total class! He'll only leave if Hibs insist .. He wants to play nowhere else :agree:

Away in January i'm hearing :cool2:
:wink:

Owain_1987
10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Deeko Deeko Deeko

:greengrin:greengrin:greengrin

Owain_1987
10-10-2009, 12:24 AM

I think you need to behave yourself

sleeping giant
10-10-2009, 12:26 AM
I think you need to behave yourself

The wink has been wunked:wink:

Mikeystewart
10-10-2009, 08:04 AM

Not sure about that, if a big club down south comes in for him i think it would be down to him.:yawn:

BroxburnHibee
10-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Your joking right.............according to some on here he's not worth the hassle/we would be better off without him./goals arent everything.

Couldn't make it up.

IWasThere2016
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM

:greengrin

millarco
10-10-2009, 09:10 AM
Your joking right.............according to some on here he's not worth the hassle/we would be better off without him./goals arent everything.

Couldn't make it up.

I don't see the harm in people wanting more from him, especially as he is one of our most talented players. This season by his own admission he has added a greater work ethic to his game, and it's ultimately this improvement that has won him his Scotland recall. His performance against Motherwell was excellent and the best I've seen from him in a good while, he was able to contribute to the whole team effort rather than be restricted to set pieces and whenever the ball comes into his feet as he had been previously.

It wasn't too long a go that people were saying That's not part of his game/We knew what we were getting with him/defending will take away from his goals. I'm glad that Yogi was on his case and looking to get more from him rather than accepting the flaws in his game as a given like so many on here were doing.

And he still can't take a penalty...

Hibee_Rab
10-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't see the harm in people wanting more from him, especially as he is one of our most talented players. This season by his own admission he has added a greater work ethic to his game, and it's ultimately this improvement that has won him his Scotland recall. His performance against Motherwell was excellent and the best I've seen from him in a good while, he was able to contribute to the whole team effort rather than be restricted to set pieces and whenever the ball comes into his feet as he had been previously.

It wasn't too long a go that people were saying That's not part of his game/We knew what we were getting with him/defending will take away from his goals. I'm glad that Yogi was on his case and looking to get more from him rather than accepting the flaws in his game as a given like so many on here were doing.

And he still can't take a penalty...

Yes he has missed two recently, but he used to be excellent at pens so 'still can't' doesn't make much sense. Did you see his against hearts last season, world class:thumbsup:

Pete70
10-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Could someone maybe email a link to George Burley

millarco
10-10-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes he has missed two recently, but he used to be excellent at pens so 'still can't' doesn't make much sense. Did you see his against hearts last season, world class:thumbsup:

Maybe I should have added a smiley or something, it wasn't an entirely serious criticism. I most certainly did see his penalty last season, was one of the reduced number who was at the game. I would take him off penalty duties for just now though, we've plenty of players who are good enough at set-pieces and should be confident enough to score from 12-yards, and Deeks has had his chance for now.

Teuchter Hibbie
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM

lets hope so eh :wink:

missed the japan game this morning - did he get on at all?

LamontHFC©
10-10-2009, 07:09 PM
lets hope so eh :wink:

missed the japan game this morning - did he get on at all?

Got the last 15 minutes.

And what are the bets on Deek bagging a pen on the 7th on Nov??