PDA

View Full Version : Morocco Situation

HibeeMcGinn1
09-10-2009, 05:05 PM
What do we need for Benji and Zouma to be happy after Wednesday? Hope they can get through

Sir David Gray
09-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Morocco need to win their last two games against Gabon and Cameroon and hope that Togo get no more than three points from their last two matches, hope that Gabon get no more than a point in their other match against Togo and that Cameroon get no more than a draw against Togo.

It'll be a tough ask for them, I think.

bingo70
09-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Morocco need to win their last two games against Gabon and Cameroon and hope that Togo get no more than three points from their last two matches, hope that Gabon get no more than a point in their other match against Togo and that Cameroon get no more than a draw against Togo.

It'll be a tough ask for them, I think.

Think that someone said that they only need to beat Gabon on saturday to qualify for the african nations cup in january.

As much as i'd like the both of them to get to play in tournaments like that, that'd be pish for us, losing them and Bamba for January would be a nightmare.

hibsdaft
09-10-2009, 06:04 PM
Team________Pts

Cameroon--------7
Gabon-----------6
Togo------------5
Morocco---------3

Matches still to play

Gabon vs Morocco
Cameroon vs Togo
Togo vs Gabon
Morocco vs Cameroon

More here:
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/standings/index.html

fife hfc
09-10-2009, 06:16 PM
If they don't qualify for the world cup then i hope they finish bottom. If they finish in the top 3 then they qualify for the african Nations cup and we will lose Benji and Zemmama for the whole of January (we have already lost bamba).

The Sundance Kid
09-10-2009, 06:46 PM
If we do lose them for the month of January then yes it will be a blow.

However surely if they find themselves in Angola for the month of January, this means that they almost definately won't be signing for anyone else.

And if the likes of Bamba and Zemmama do move on at the end of the season, which seems like a genuine possibility, then some good performances at the African Nations could just get some big clubs looking at them and hopefully could get us another couple of million to what we would be getting for them now.

Obviously would prefer we still had both them next season though.

hibsbollah
09-10-2009, 07:18 PM
Highly unlikely that a) they would win their last two and b)the other two games are both drawn. I think they may just sneak into the ACN though.