PDA

View Full Version : International weekend betting

HibbyAndy
09-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Ukraine v England

ROI v Italy

Russia v Germany

15/1 with Bet365, thats gotta be worth a pound or 5 :agree:

Anyone else care to share there weekend tips?

Frazerbob
09-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Greece v Latvia
Czech Rep v Poland
Austria v Lithuania
Rep of Ireland v Italy
Japan v Scotland

Pays 12/1

Don't like betting on friendlies but Japan at 4/6 was too good refuse.

BS44
09-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Norwich 11/8 single

HibbyAndy
09-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Norwich 11/8 single

Decent shout:agree:

After gettin pagared 6-1 at hame to Colchester on the opening day of the season they have done no too bad.

Paul Lambert has/will regalvanise that club IMO..gonna take Norwich in a couple of Accumulaters i think.

RickyS
09-10-2009, 05:11 PM
Ukraine v England

ROI v Italy

Russia v Germany

did anyone notice that a generous 12/1 is available on New Zealand? I thought they had been doing ok? cant work out why Bahrain are so strong favourites?

YehButNoBut
09-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Not any internationals, but have gone for

Charlton
Milton Keynes
Dagenham
Rotherham
Shrewsbury

£20 bet pays out £157.42 :thumbsup:

BS44
09-10-2009, 05:38 PM
Decent shout:agree:

After gettin pagared 6-1 at hame to Colchester on the opening day of the season they have done no too bad.

Paul Lambert has/will regalvanise that club IMO..gonna take Norwich in a couple of Accumulaters i think.

Only lost one in their last eight, scored a few goals as well.

Here's another three with decent prices

Colchester 11/8 (Colchester are fourth in the league, not the best away from home though)
Swindon 6/5 (Millwall are rotten away from home)
Raith 11/10 (Top? v Bottom)

Sergey
09-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Barnet at 100/30 to win away to Rochdale looks like value.

vein
09-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Forest Green v AFC Wimbeldon
Swindon v Millwall
Aldershot v Morcambe
Elgin v Albion Rovers

All draws, £1 acca and 4 £1 trebles

Salisbury v York
Carlisle v Norwich
Shrewsbury v Port Vale
Airdrie v Raith Rovers

All draws, £1 acca and 4 £1 trebles

And a speculative £1 acca on all 8 :wink:

bingo70
09-10-2009, 06:03 PM
did anyone notice that a generous 12/1 is available on New Zealand? I thought they had been doing ok? cant work out why Bahrain are so strong favourites?

good question, i didn't get as much as 12/1 but still got pretty high odds.

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:09 PM
good question, i didn't get as much as 12/1 but still got pretty high odds.

I took it and doubled it with england, £5 is worth £77 on paddy power. got the feeling though that they must know something I dont.

vein
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM
I took it and doubled it with england, £5 is worth £77 on paddy power. got the feeling though that they must know something I dont.

More than likely they do but its not been unknown for the bookies to stick a home team as hot favourite when they really have no chance. Punter has a look down the coupon and thinks ill stick them in my acca, team lose, bookie wins :greengrin

I've stuck a few bob on them on the back of your post so you wont be alone in losing cash when Bahrain turn them over :greengrin

Killiehibbie
09-10-2009, 06:15 PM

Where did you get 12/1? Best I could find was just over 6/1. Good bit of arbing to be done at that price.

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Where did you get 12/1? Best I could find was just over 6/1. Good bit of arbing to be done at that price.

paddypower earlier today mate. have a look on oddschecker. sure they tell you where the best price is.

also wondered why Romania are 5/1 against serbia and sweden seem a good bet against denmark at 3/1

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:24 PM
More than likely they do but its not been unknown for the bookies to stick a home team as hot favourite when they really have no chance. Punter has a look down the coupon and thinks ill stick them in my acca, team lose, bookie wins :greengrin

I've stuck a few bob on them on the back of your post so you wont be alone in losing cash when Bahrain turn them over :greengrin

Wonder if Killen is in the squad? would be good if Killen could help a few of us Hibbies out

Speedy
09-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Ukraine v England

ROI v Italy

Russia v Germany

I wouldn't bet on any of them. I can see an upset in all 3 games.

I can't see that, sure you haven't got them HT/FT?

Killiehibbie
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
paddypower earlier today mate. have a look on oddschecker. sure they tell you where the best price is.

also wondered why Romania are 5/1 against serbia and sweden seem a good bet against denmark at 3/1

11/2 with PP and have been since 5/10/09. They've given you 12/1 by mistake. They will claim palpable error and pay you out at reduced price if NZ win. Only bet365 and Boylesports on oddschecker have cut the price on NZ you can tell this by the blue background on the price.
Last time I saw a big mistake was Skybet 19/10 Celtic at home to Killie. I put as much as they would let me have on. Half an hour later email and phone call from them informing me price was 2/9. I think the yts odds compiler got his books for inserting 2.9(19/10) instead of 2/9.

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I can't see that, sure you haven't got them HT/FT?[/QUOTE]

no was defo on the result but its in to 11/2 on paddypower now. im trying to work out if I will be given the kick off price or the price at the time?

Speedy
09-10-2009, 06:40 PM
no was defo on the result but its in to 11/2 on paddypower now. im trying to work out if I will be given the kick off price or the price at the time?

Try checking the receipt, see what it says now?

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:41 PM
11/2 with PP and have been since 5/10/09. They've given you 12/1 by mistake. They will claim palpable error and pay you out at reduced price if NZ win. Only bet365 and Boylesports on oddschecker have cut the price on NZ you can tell this by the blue background on the price.
Last time I saw a big mistake was Skybet 19/10 Celtic at home to Killie. I put as much as they would let me have on. Half an hour later email and phone call from them informing me price was 2/9. I think the yts odds compiler got his books for inserting 2.9(19/10) instead of 2/9.

never knew that! when i bring the bet up, it says 11/2 but I defo clicked on 12/1. is there a way of "taking the odds" if placing your bet online?

Killiehibbie
09-10-2009, 06:45 PM
never knew that! when i bring the bet up, it says 11/2 but I defo clicked on 12/1. is there a way of "taking the odds" if placing your bet online?

Log on to PP go into your account and check the bet you placed on NZ it will tell you stake, price and potential winnings. All football bets are at the price available when bet was struck.

RickyS
09-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Log on to PP go into your account and check the bet you placed on NZ it will tell you stake, price and potential winnings. All football bets are at the price available when bet was struck.

when I look at that it shows 11/2 but me and a mate were discussing the 12/1 earlier and he saw it on his account. im lost!

Killiehibbie
09-10-2009, 06:58 PM
when I look at that it shows 11/2 but me and a mate were discussing the 12/1 earlier and he saw it on his account. im lost!

They've noticed the error and changed the price which they are entitled to do as it's in their rules. What they should've done was emailed or phoned you to inform you that they had done this and given you the chance to void the bet if you didn't fancy the changed odds.

poolman
09-10-2009, 07:02 PM

I put a fiver on hibs at half time in the west stand two or three seasons ago and got 14/1 when we were down 0-2 to Killie then we won 4-2 :thumbsup:

Went to get the lolly from Ladbrokes next day and it so happens the shop I went to was the one the guy worked who compiled the odds :greengrin

Told me his boss wanted to see him first Monday morning :worried:Never found our what happened to him tho

Think it was the next season when we were down 0-1 to Killie again at half time so of I trotted to Ladbrokes in the west stand again after my pee and pie and got, if I mind correctly, 9/2, lumped on a tenner and we won 2-1 :thumbsup:

The moral of this story is each time we are losing to Killie at half time, get a few quid on the Hibbies :agree:

RickyS
09-10-2009, 08:08 PM
They've noticed the error and changed the price which they are entitled to do as it's in their rules. What they should've done was emailed or phoned you to inform you that they had done this and given you the chance to void the bet if you didn't fancy the changed odds.

spoke to the live help, (sure its automated) and it reckons there has been no change. spoke to my mate again and he is 100% sure it was 12/1. still decent odds but I cant help but feel hard done by!

Jamesie
09-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Spoke to my mate in Bahrain tonight. Apparently it will be 36C tomorrow - schorchio! So that may explain their status as favourites, but NZ at 11/2 is definitely worth a fiver. As is the Italy / Germany England treble.

Steve20
10-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Denmark v Sweden
Russia v Germany
Rep Ireland v Italy

3 draws

BS44
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Norwich 11/8 single

Hurrah, £35 single

Only lost one in their last eight, scored a few goals as well.

Here's another three with decent prices

Colchester 11/8 (Colchester are fourth in the league, not the best away from home though)
Swindon 6/5 (Millwall are rotten away from home)
Raith 11/10 (Top? v Bottom)

Boo, 10 man Millwall equalise with 8 minutes to go. I was standing to win £240.

HibbyAndy
10-10-2009, 09:33 PM
Hurrah, £35 single

Boo, 10 man Millwall equalise with 8 minutes to go. I was standing to win £240.

Unlucky mate.

Good call with Norwich though, stuck £20 on them which covered my weekend betting.

Steve-O
12-10-2009, 06:47 AM
spoke to the live help, (sure its automated) and it reckons there has been no change. spoke to my mate again and he is 100% sure it was 12/1. still decent odds but I cant help but feel hard done by!

Must've been a mistake I reckon - 5/1 was the best I got over here. Even those odds were pretty high.

2nd leg is next month and apparently Bahrain will still be favourites. I will be putting a decent wedge on the Kiwis I reckon. In my mind, they are favourites, although a 1-1 draw might be a decent shout to cover your bets...

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2009, 09:47 AM
£40 double - Japan & Norwich - £140
£50 single - Italy - beat