PDA

View Full Version : Hughes targets Hibs player sales

Bayern Bru
08-10-2009, 07:38 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/128898-hughes-targets-hibs-player-sales/

Interesting wee article there. It's not exactly anything new and groundbreaking that we haven't already heard or didn't already know about, but I for one appreciate Yogi's honesty.

I seem to remember one manager in recent years who was adamant players weren't going to be sold...only for them to be gone by the following week.
:cool2:

At least Yogi's honest about Hibs being a selling club, and that his plan is to really bring through the youth players. Of course, our fantastic training centre will help with this. :greengrin

I guess it's just nice to have a manager who doesn't mince his words, but manages to ameliorate the minor points with positives.

heretoday
08-10-2009, 08:27 PM
He's great isn't he? He's not a fool.

CB_NO3
08-10-2009, 09:01 PM
Nothing really new here, we know we will have to sell our better players to bigger clubs, its just the way the football world works. Whats good though is we can tell the old firm to get to **** and incourage our younger players to head down south, unless off course they come in with an offer of something like 4.5milllion for someone who aint worth that.

--------
08-10-2009, 09:07 PM
“I would like to be able to go to the board and say that we can afford to sell someone on and, when they ask me why, I can tell them it's because we have got a better player coming through the ranks,” he added. “If I can do that then I am doing my job."

Is he trying to give Rod a heart-attack? :devil:

That quote suggests that JH has thought through the realities of managing a club like Hibs in a way that none of his two (three?) predecessors did. And that he sees his own role as part of a team - finance, coaching, development, etc - working to build a club rather than a team.

He's no daft our Yogi. :agree:

jonty
08-10-2009, 09:17 PM
So the STV have taken Hughes comments from the AGM last night
http://www.hibs.net/message/showpost.php?p=2200949&postcount=102

Must have been a really slow news day today!

Bayern Bru
09-10-2009, 12:02 AM
Nothing really new here, we know we will have to sell our better players to bigger clubs, its just the way the football world works. Whats good though is we can tell the old firm to get to **** and incourage our younger players to head down south, unless off course they come in with an offer of something like 4.5milllion for someone who aint worth that.

Ahem. I'm aware it's nothing new.

It's not exactly anything new and groundbreaking that we haven't already heard or didn't already know about, but I for one appreciate Yogi's honesty.

:wink:

I spotted that it was lifted straight from the AGM, in effect. The point was more that he wasn't blustering about not selling players etc.....