PDA

View Full Version : Old Firm & England

JCHibby
08-10-2009, 05:56 PM
So the bigot brothers want to go down south, and no doubt sky will be very keen on this move for revenue.

So if it is to happen in 5/10 years time, from now the Old Firm cannot gain entry to European competition as a result of wanting out of the SPL, they can continue to play however will not be granted entry to Cup competition or european football....

Sure they will agree to that....:wink:

banarc7062
08-10-2009, 06:16 PM
You can just hear the people of Manchester and especially their police saying "Aye, you Rangers fans are more than welcome in our city to cheer on your team" after their last visit:wink: They think West ham and Millwall was problems .......just wait and see

Dashing Bob S
09-10-2009, 02:33 PM
So the bigot brothers want to go down south, and no doubt sky will be very keen on this move for revenue.

So if it is to happen in 5/10 years time, from now the Old Firm cannot gain entry to European competition as a result of wanting out of the SPL, they can continue to play however will not be granted entry to Cup competition or european football....

Sure they will agree to that....:wink:

Surely not?

bobbyhibs1983
09-10-2009, 03:06 PM
I reckon if they wanan go down south and play in england, they do what every other team does and start at the bottom, unsure if its the bottom of english leagues but the blue square Prem?
they should be told, ok you wanna join you start there

Woody1985
09-10-2009, 03:16 PM
I've just had a thought.

There's a lot of concern regarding them going down south and the financial position that would leave us in.

Would it be possible for us to negociate say, 10% of their revenues for a set period of time to ensure the game is not destroyed financially here.

The money could be split over the reamining SPL teams. The funds would protect us from loses from TV revenue and would hopefully allow us to compete for European places.

If they refuse to give us the money surely we could raise some kind of objection to them going (to try and force their hand into giving us something).

Screw them for everything we can. :greengrin

greenginger
09-10-2009, 03:49 PM
If Celtic want to play in the English League there is nothing to stop them moving over the border. I am sure they could buy Carlisle F C for about £3 million, change their name to Celtic, and moving the whole club south.
After all Celtic are "Global Brand" with world wide appeal so it does not matter where they are based.

If they want to play in England they can move to England, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned !!!!!!

Green Mikey
09-10-2009, 04:36 PM
The problem with the OF firm in England is that they wouldn't be successful. Their brand and support has been partly built on their domination of the Scottish game. In England they would struggle to get in the top 10 let alone challenge for honours. The 'big four', Man City, Everton, Villa and Spurs are probably better sides than them already.

ancienthibby
09-10-2009, 04:42 PM
Cannot for the life of me think of a single reason why any football league down south would want to welcome the Greyskullers in any shape or form to become their business partners!!:agree::agree::agree:

HibbyAndy
09-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Cannot for the life of me think of a single reason why any football league down south would want to welcome the Greyskullers in any shape or form to become their business partners!!:agree::agree::agree:

Because teams Like Arsenal would love the welcome 3 points against them .

The_Todd
09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
How is this constant bleating not punishable by the SPL? About time the SPL did more than just make the usual "oh no you don't" statements, surely? Nip this in the bud right now - they either do something about their situation or they stop complaining.

If they want to leave us so badly, then why don't we simply serve notice on them and evict them? Or better still, the 10 remaining clubs should reapply for SFL membership. It would leave Scottish Football in a rocky situation for a few years while we readjust, but after that we'll have stability.

And what a great pants-wettingly funny situation would that leave the OF in? Shut out in the cold in Scotland, unwanted elsewhere and playing each other ad nauseum 38 times a year in the Old Firm Football League.

And I'm deadly serious, get them right tae ****.

ancienthibby
09-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Because teams Like Arsenal would love the welcome 3 points against them .

That's already taken as a given!!