PDA

View Full Version : Respect to/from our club

Jack
07-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I cant help but feel there’s a mutual appreciation society growing ever stronger between the club and the support.

There's all the big things of course in building up the team and strengthening our position all round but ...

… there's the wee things too about the way our club conducts itself. I’m thinking about the AGM, although I wasn’t there, and how it was conducted in comparison to our ‘friends’ across the city, definitely wasn’t at that one!!!

Timing
Ours held in the evening giving more shareholders, fans, the opportunity to be there.
Them, during working hours.

Personnel
All important personnel there, including Yogi who didn’t need be there officially I dont think.
Them, the puppet mini-me and a few randoms. The most important [only] decision maker absent.

Q&A
Not only were those present apparently happy with the quality of the answers there seems to have been a light hearted, friendly feel to the proceedings.
Them; questions dismissed; fans disrespected; fights breaking out etc. etc.

Oh, its good to be ….

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Yes'm de bosses is sho treatin' us kindly these days, uh huh.

sunshine1875
07-10-2009, 01:32 PM
I cant help but feel there’s a mutual appreciation society growing ever stronger between the club and the support.

There's all the big things of course in building up the team and strengthening our position all round but ...

… there's the wee things too about the way our club conducts itself. I’m thinking about the AGM, although I wasn’t there, and how it was conducted in comparison to our ‘friends’ across the city, definitely wasn’t at that one!!!

Timing
Ours held in the evening giving more shareholders, fans, the opportunity to be there.
Them, during working hours.

Personnel
All important personnel there, including Yogi who didn’t need be there officially I dont think.
Them, the puppet mini-me and a few randoms. The most important [only] decision maker absent.

Q&A
Not only were those present apparently happy with the quality of the answers there seems to have been a light hearted, friendly feel to the proceedings.
Them; questions dismissed; fans disrespected; fights breaking out etc. etc.

Oh, its good to be ….

Yes - I agree and that thought kept coming back to me during the AGM. We are lucky to have a board that has the best interest of the club and the fans as the major feature. You can't get always get both aligned, but our board has put us in a very healthy financial position when all around are struggling or heavy reliant on a major individual.

Craig_in_Prague
07-10-2009, 01:39 PM
We do no bad for a bunch of peg selling, caravan living, aids ridden, junky hobos' eh :greengrin

Wee team. Plenty class.

Big team. Nae class :thumbsup:

MacBean
07-10-2009, 01:44 PM
We do no bad for a bunch of peg selling, caravan living, aids ridden, junky hobos' eh :greengrin

Wee team. Plenty class.

Big team. Nae class :thumbsup:

Damn I've been found out :hide:

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 01:56 PM
This self congratulatory stuff is how it started over the road. Before you know it we'll be dobbing our forelocks, talking about Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie, calling ourselves a "famous old club", writing open letters to the papers, borrowing beyond our means, buying World Cup stars, and launching a range of tacky "leisure" wear called "Hobo" (for those times when only quality will do man).

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 01:58 PM
This self congratulatory stuff is how it started over the road. Before you know it we'll be dobbing our forelocks, talking about Mr Farmer and Mr Petrie, calling ourselves a "famous old club", writing open letters to the papers, borrowing beyond our means, buying World Cup stars, and launching a range of tacky "leisure" wear called "Hobo" (for those times when only quality will do man).

Or alternatively we could simply acknowledge in a civilised way that the Board is doing a pretty good job at the moment :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Or alternatively we could simply acknowledge in a civilised way that the Board is doing a pretty good job at the moment :wink:

That they are, but all this love-in stuff doesn't sit comfortably with me. Familiarity breeds contempt.

cwilliamson85
07-10-2009, 02:14 PM
We are always the first to jump down the clubs throat when they do something wrong... now they are doing things right and we show a bit of appreciation some fans then jump down our throats.

Can’t win either way:dunno::dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
We are always the first to jump down the clubs throat when they do something wrong... now they are doing things right and we show a bit of appreciation some fans then jump down our throats.

Can’t win either way:dunno::dunno:

I suppose it's a bigger problem if it is the same fans who keep changing their minds.

I'm not jumping down anybody's throat, I've actually been sticking up for the board for a few years now. I'm merely sounding a cautionary note, we should never get complacent.

cwilliamson85
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
I think we should give credit where credit is due.

Thats all.

It could be a lot worse. We could be in the situation like Hearts or even rangers.

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 03:11 PM
I think we should give credit where credit is due.

Thats all.

It could be a lot worse. We could be in the situation like Hearts or even rangers.

Agreed, but let's not get too carried away until the job is done. We've still got to build the stand, and see them dead and buried.

HibbyAndy
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
I suppose it's a bigger problem if it is the same fans who keep changing their minds.

I'm not jumping down anybody's throat, I've actually been sticking up for the board for a few years now. I'm merely sounding a cautionary note, we should never get complacent.

Compare the Merecat dotcom..compare the Market dotcom.

Nuff said.

Endoff.

Hibs ya bass.

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 03:47 PM

Nuff said.

Endoff.

Hibs ya bass.

Yes, it's amazing the fun you can have making words from other words. Did you know that Torphin is in Corstorphine.

Fact.:greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, it's amazing the fun you can have making words from other words. Did you know that Torphin is in Corstorphine.

Exactly :agree:

Did you ken 'Silent' can be anagramed 'tinsel' or jaggy netils.

Am feeling the love the day like.

Toaods
07-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Agreed, but let's not get too carried away until the job is done. We've still got to build the stand, and see them dead and buried.

Ive spent many a post trying to calm the nerves of the panic nerchants amongst us on the Rodders front but I agree with your main sentiments on this one. A quick well done is enough, as their remuneration package will do the rest.

jacomo
07-10-2009, 06:34 PM

Presumably this is still one of Mr Petrie's duties, or has Scott Lindsay taken responsibility for black ops as well?

Anyone at the AGM able to confirm?

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 07:29 PM

That would be so true if only merekat wasn't meerkat :greengrin (Sorry Andy!)

Toaods
07-10-2009, 08:07 PM
That would be so true if only merekat wasn't meerkat :greengrin (Sorry Andy!)

unless used in the context of:

"Arghhh, what was that...??"

"Phewww..relax...it's only a mere cat."

HIBERNIALEITH
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
Yes'm de bosses is sho treatin' us kindly these days, uh huh.

Just a tad better than the Douglas Cromb "moron" days, eh?

One Day Soon
07-10-2009, 08:27 PM
AND wearing yellow cardigans, don't forget the yellow cardigans. Never mind the Rovers...

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 09:22 PM
That they are, but all this love-in stuff doesn't sit comfortably with me. Familiarity breeds contempt.

Indeed.

Men in suits generally only care about making money.

We can be happy with the position we are in without disappearing up the boards assholes.

Let's keep pushing these moustachioed twats for more. This is OUR club not theirs.

Hibees ya bas.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 09:41 PM
unless used in the context of:

"Arghhh, what was that...??"

"Phewww..relax...it's only a mere cat."

:greengrin

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 09:42 PM
Indeed.

We can be happy with the position we are in without disappearing up the boards assholes.

Let's keep pushing these moustachioed twats for more. This is OUR club not theirs.

Hibees ya bas.

Agreed. Lets get rid of these 'twats' and bring in the guys from another SPL club that's in such a healthy state :wink:

Removed
07-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Yes, it's amazing the fun you can have making words from other words.

:agree: :top marks

Brest :tee hee:

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Agreed. Lets get rid of these 'twats' and bring in the guys from another SPL club that's in such a healthy state :wink:

You miss my point Johnny.

It was a dig at men in suits with moustaches (unforgiveable).

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
You miss my point Johnny.

It was a dig at men in suits with moustaches (unforgiveable).

But said of the Hibs board, no?

I cannae for the life of me see why praising the board for its efforts is interpreted by some (not you) as ass licking???

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 10:01 PM
But said of the Hibs board, no?

I cannae for the life of me see why praising the board for its efforts is interpreted by some (not you) as ass licking???

Praising is one thing but let's not get carried away with it. There is much work to be done before we are the dominant force in Scottish football. I can see it happening soon but let's not get complacent.

:wink:

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Praising is one thing but let's not get carried away with it. There is much work to be done before we are the dominant force in Scottish football. I can see it happening soon but let's not get complacent.

:wink:

I agree 100% that complacency is a concern BUT there are those on the MB who reject any praise for the Board and to me that's just churlish!

Over the years I've had my differences with Rod Petrie and the way the club was run. I was heavily involved in the Hands on Hibs campaign because we looked like we were not only going downhill fast but also moving to Straiton. I think HoH had a part to play in the club turning things around and I'm proud of that. In essence I suppose I'm saying I criticised the Board when things were going badly and I'm praising them when things go well :agree:

BroxburnHibee
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM

Nuff said.

Endoff.

Hibs ya bass.

Exactly :agree:

Did you ken 'Silent' can be anagramed 'tinsel' or jaggy netils.

Am feeling the love the day like.

:hilarious

Outstanding :top marks

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 10:17 PM
I agree 100% that complacency is a concern BUT there are those on the MB who reject any praise for the Board and to me that's just churlish!

Over the years I've had my differences with Rod Petrie and the way the club was run. I was heavily involved in the Hands on Hibs campaign because we looked like we were not only going downhill fast but also moving to Straiton. I think HoH had a part to play in the club turning things around and I'm proud of that. In essence I suppose I'm saying I criticised the Board when things were going badly and I'm praising them when things go well :agree:

I'm happy with the way things are going on and off the pitch.

I'm happy there is no need for a translator at our AGM, or police involvement due to mutinies.

I am happy that we have our own training facility.

I am happy that we have a good squad full of international quality players.

I am happy we don't play in pink.

I am happy we are Leith since 1875.

It's good to be a Hibby.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 10:19 PM
I'm happy with the way things are going on and off the pitch.

I'm happy there is no need for a translator at our AGM, or police involvement due to mutinies.

I am happy that we have our own training facility.

I am happy that we have a good squad full of international quality players.

I am happy we don't play in pink.

I am happy we are Leith since 1875.

I am happy we have a great squad of players.

It's good to be a Hibby.

I guess if we clap along to that we might be accused of being happy clappers :greengrin

Good on you though Chuckie - happy days :greengrin

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 10:26 PM
I guess if we clap along to that we might be accused of being happy clappers :greengrin

Good on you though Chuckie - happy days :greengrin

Nice one Jonnyboy.

This is our life, our club, our future.

We are Hibernian FC.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Nice one Jonnyboy.

This is our life, our club, our future.

We are Hibernian FC.

Amen to that, brother :agree:

sahib
07-10-2009, 11:45 PM

Well I agree with you mate.
It is possible to believe the board are doing a decent job with out being sycophantic. Just as not believing doesn't make you any less of a supporter. Some people have not got the wit to see that.

Pedantic_Hibee
08-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Rod Petrie makes me quiver :agree:

jakedance
08-10-2009, 07:22 AM

Absolutely. Would the AGM have been as warmly welcomed on the back of the St Johnstone result as it has been on the back of two good performances.

The average football fan has a seven day memory. I see a lot of knee jerk reactions round these parts, good and bad.

Andy74
08-10-2009, 08:32 AM
Indeed.

Hibees ya bas.

It is our club, but if we the fans had done what we the fans wanted with it for the last ten years we wouldn't be here now.

Yes, they got paid decent money but some of the stick these guys have taken over the last few years merely doing the right thing for our club in the long term makes you think. good character shown by these guys to stand firm and get us to a decent position that many of us didn't really see clearly.

HibbyAndy
08-10-2009, 01:29 PM
It is our club, but if we the fans had done what we the fans wanted with it for the last ten years we wouldn't be here now.

Yes, they got paid decent money but some of the stick these guys have taken over the last few years merely doing the right thing for our club in the long term makes you think. good character shown by these guys to stand firm and get us to a decent position that many of us didn't really see clearly.

Kin you see what you did there :greengrin