PDA

View Full Version : E-Ticket access system and Club membership scheme (AGM)

Antifa Hibs
07-10-2009, 09:03 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibernian-fc-annual-general-meeting-20091006_2262950_1819589

From the last para of the AGM report.

He also announced the roll-out of a new E-ticket access system and Club membership scheme that would be introduced at the Stadium in November.

Anyone know anything about these?

Speedway
07-10-2009, 09:18 AM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/hibernian-fc-annual-general-meeting-20091006_2262950_1819589

From the last para of the AGM report.

He also announced the roll-out of a new E-ticket access system and Club membership scheme that would be introduced at the Stadium in November.

Anyone know anything about these?

All I know around the idea is that instead of buying a 'book' when you buy an ST, you'll effectively buy on online voucher and print your own ticket for the game at home before you leave.

1875 NO 1
07-10-2009, 10:20 AM
All I know around the idea is that instead of buying a 'book' when you buy an ST, you'll effectively buy on online voucher and print your own ticket for the game at home before you leave.

You would get a credi card as your season ticket and teh turnstiles will be the same as the ones at parkhead and pittodrie

LancashireHibby
07-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Surprised RP has approved it, given how much these things cost.

1875 NO 1
07-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Surprised RP has approved it, given how much these things cost.

£100k was teh cost a few years back.............but you will need less ticket office staff etc etc.

When it is a gamw which is not covered by your season ticket........you just go on line and pay for your seat.........no visit to the ticket office and no messing about..........your card is acivated for that game

Cropley10
07-10-2009, 11:24 AM
£100k was teh cost a few years back.............but you will need less ticket office staff etc etc.

When it is a gamw which is not covered by your season ticket........you just go on line and pay for your seat.........no visit to the ticket office and no messing about..........your card is acivated for that game

Or alternatively you print off your own ticket...

jgl07
07-10-2009, 12:27 PM
You would get a credi card as your season ticket and teh turnstiles will be the same as the ones at parkhead and pittodrie
And Tynecastle.

Mikey
07-10-2009, 01:04 PM
I had a wee chat with them about this afterwards.

A season ticket holder would have their own swipe card. Assuming that person is paying for their season ticket on a monthly basis they will have to have credit on their card to gain access. If the payment has been stopped or hasn't been honoured you don't get in!

Now I'm guessing here, but I assume that a walk up can have their own card and simply top it up when they want to go to a game. That's just conjecture on my part.

What they will want to do is get as many people as possible carrying cards. That allows maximum information for the CRM system that will run in the background.

I'm not sure what the basis of this month's trial is and I don't know how they intend to roll it out.

Gus Fring
07-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Id be delighted with a monthly subscription type system to get into games as opposed to having to pay a lump sum up front or even over 4 months.

Do any other teams do this?

hibbie02
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
I know Arsenal Season Ticket holders have a plastic key card that they insert in a slot at the turnstyle. They can top this up for any other non EPL matches, if they want to go to the games. It really pisses off the touts as there are few if any actual tickets to buy/sell. It is pretty sensible system and gets you in the ground sharpish.

Wembley also has automated turnstyle where you put the bar code on your ticket into the entry slot and in you go. Much as it pains me to say it, but Wembley is awsome...........:cool2:

WindyMiller
07-10-2009, 02:11 PM

A season ticket holder would have their own swipe card. Assuming that person is paying for their season ticket on a monthly basis they will have to have credit on their card to gain access. If the payment has been stopped or hasn't been honoured you don't get in!

Now I'm guessing here, but I assume that a walk up can have their own card and simply top it up when they want to go to a game. That's just conjecture on my part.

What they will want to do is get as many people as possible carrying cards. That allows maximum information for the CRM system that will run in the background.

I'm not sure what the basis of this month's trial is and I don't know how they intend to roll it out.

I'd love to see that introduced,as I'm sure would those Hibbies that live a fair distance from ER. Hopefully it would do away with the booking-fee.

StevieC
07-10-2009, 02:32 PM
I'd love to see that introduced,as I'm sure would those Hibbies that live a fair distance from ER. Hopefully it would do away with the booking-fee.

Wouldn't there be a problem be seats though?

Other teams swipe cards are still paid for up front (same as a season ticket) so that you can guarantee your seat. Simply paying on a monthly basis for games you fancied (a bit like SkyTV) would give the ticket office a headache on which seats may or may not be available for particular games (especially high attendance games such as Hearts). And how would a distant (non-season ticket) walk up supporter know where their seat was, as these are normally allocated when the ticket is purchased.

:dunno:

MSK
07-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Or alternatively you print off your own ticket...Given the technology available to most nowadays wouldnt this be rife for copying etc ...

Im sure the security issue has been discussed but i would like to know how this could be avoided...

I'm_cabbaged
07-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Other teams swipe cards are still paid for up front (same as a season ticket) so that you can guarantee your seat. Simply paying on a monthly basis for games you fancied (a bit like SkyTV) would give the ticket office a headache on which seats may or may not be available for particular games (especially high attendance games such as Hearts). And how would a distant (non-season ticket) walk up supporter know where their seat was, as these are normally allocated when the ticket is purchased.

Post #2? :dunno:

WindyMiller
07-10-2009, 02:39 PM

Surely with a swipe card I could've bought my tickets for ER on-line, printed off my own ticket (to prove my seat no. to a steward, if needed), then swiped at the appropriate turnstyle on arrival?

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2009, 02:54 PM

Works for me!! :thumbsup:

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2009, 03:03 PM

A full booking system where you can choose your seat at the time of booking, have a look at madison square garden for an idea of seat booking (or even the Queen's Hall in Edinburgh). The ticket office already have access to a system like this.

1875 NO 1
07-10-2009, 03:07 PM

The problem with that if you havent fully paid for your season ticket...... then if a punter can't make a game he won't pay his direct debit that month or if we are having a poor season they will stop it all together.

The club will need to have the vast majority of the money banked before the season starts.

StevieC
07-10-2009, 03:15 PM
Post #2? :dunno:

#2 is talking about buying online and printing tickets off .. WM, I think, was talking about adding credit to a swipe card to be used at the turnstile.

Printing off tickets is fine. Worries about copies are unfounded because once it is swiped for a game any further copies will be rejected. It will be up to you to keep it secure and prevent copying.

StevieC
07-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Surely with a swipe card I could've bought my tickets for ER on-line, printed off my own ticket (to prove my seat no. to a steward, if needed), then swiped at the appropriate turnstyle on arrival?

My experience of this system is that the printed ticket will have a bar code on it that is swiped (which is why you need to print it off). If that is the case here then it eliminates the need for a swipe card as you are simply doing at home what the ticket office currently do for you at the stadium.

A full booking system where you can choose your seat at the time of booking, have a look at madison square garden for an idea of seat booking (or even the Queen's Hall in Edinburgh). The ticket office already have access to a system like this.

Agreed. But you don't need a swipe card for this, simply some sort of membership card. I suspect a swipe card would double as a membership card but the swiping would be for more commercial orientated purchases?

All very difficult to say at this point to be honest.

Darth Hibbie
07-10-2009, 03:23 PM
The problem with that if you havent fully paid for your season ticket...... then if a punter can't make a game he won't pay his direct debit that month or if we are having a poor season they will stop it all together.

The club will need to have the vast majority of the money banked before the season starts.

If they started taking payments in april or may long before the new season started then there would be enough paid up in advance to prevent that situation happening :dunno:

Speaking to a friend who is a ST holder at darkhead it would appear that their system is terrible. Although Hibs would do it properly.

Landells
07-10-2009, 03:25 PM
so does this mean that season tickets will be 1 card?

jgl07
07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
so does this mean that season tickets will be 1 card?
That's how other clubs do it.

Landells
07-10-2009, 04:02 PM
That's how other clubs do it.

even falkirk? See trying to scan those tickets!!

Gatecrasher
07-10-2009, 04:37 PM
i take it a season ticket would be a flat monthly payment and PATG would top up when they want a ticket like a phone contract and pay as you go?

MyJo
07-10-2009, 05:12 PM
Swipe card season tickets could also allow for a clubcard style loyalty scheme to be introduced where you get points when you buy stuff from the clubstore, go for a meal at the restaurants, buy away or cup game tickets etc and then your "points" can be converted back into credit to be used at hibs when wanted? Would certainly help recognise those who contribute a lot more than the price of thier season ticket each year.

Moulin Yarns
07-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Swipe card season tickets could also allow for a clubcard style loyalty scheme to be introduced where you get points when you buy stuff from the clubstore, go for a meal at the restaurants, buy away or cup game tickets etc and then your "points" can be converted back into credit to be used at hibs when wanted? Would certainly help recognise those who contribute a lot more than the price of thier season ticket each year.

That's TQM stuffed then :wink:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2009, 08:04 PM
These things only work at clubs who sell out every week - it wouldn't save a penny in staff costs as people are still required to process the tickets, check them etc. And think how bad PR would be if Hibs starting laying off ticket office staff etc?

It works at Arsenal as they don't actually sell any match tickets (believe it or not, the tickets they send to away clubs are printed in Germany and sent to the away club without any contact whatsoever with Arsenal!), but POTG fans etc would have to be given a match ticket with their seat number on alongside any of the 'top up' cards that have been suggested.

These things cost in the region of £20,000 a year for purely maintenance, without the umpteen 'upgrades' that are offered during the course of that time, added to the set up costs etc.

If it makes financial sense, ie the club lose a packet on people not paying Direct Debits or using counterfeit tickets, then go for it, but somehow I can't see it adding up.

Beefster
07-10-2009, 09:51 PM
And think how bad PR would be if Hibs starting laying off ticket office staff etc?

I don't think the 'press' would be bad. It's a fairly normal for an employer to do this and it's no worse that releasing a player.

The primary concern for the club should be which method allows more money to be allocated to the football part of the business.

Antifa Hibs
07-10-2009, 09:52 PM
These things only work at clubs who sell out every week - it wouldn't save a penny in staff costs as people are still required to process the tickets, check them etc. And think how bad PR would be if Hibs starting laying off ticket office staff etc?

It works at Arsenal as they don't actually sell any match tickets (believe it or not, the tickets they send to away clubs are printed in Germany and sent to the away club without any contact whatsoever with Arsenal!), but POTG fans etc would have to be given a match ticket with their seat number on alongside any of the 'top up' cards that have been suggested.

These things cost in the region of £20,000 a year for purely maintenance, without the umpteen 'upgrades' that are offered during the course of that time, added to the set up costs etc.

If it makes financial sense, ie the club lose a packet on people not paying Direct Debits or using counterfeit tickets, then go for it, but somehow I can't see it adding up.

If the sums add up for Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hertz and Falkirk who all use similar systems, all clubs who don't sellout week in week out, I can see it working fine for Hibs. I wonder how much an actual season book costs for Hibs to get printed? Quid or 2? There's a saving there, economical too. And I'd imagine most of the TO staff are temp workers, so wouldn't be hard getting rid of a few bodies.

jacomo
07-10-2009, 10:16 PM
If the sums add up for Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hertz and Falkirk who all use similar systems, all clubs who don't sellout week in week out, I can see it working fine for Hibs. I wonder how much an actual season book costs for Hibs to get printed? Quid or 2? There's a saving there, economical too. And I'd imagine most of the TO staff are temp workers, so wouldn't be hard getting rid of a few bodies.

And I thought you were the left-wing conscience of Hibs.net... :wink:

LancashireHibby
07-10-2009, 10:19 PM

You do realised that you've just used Hertz as an example of financial prudence, don't you? :wink:

MSK
07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
You do realised that you've just used Hertz as an example of financial prudence, don't you? :wink:Nah...if Vlad got his way season tickets would be printed on bog roll ..one leaf per game ..submit it at the turnstyle...

I'm_cabbaged
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM
#2 is talking about buying online and printing tickets off .. WM, I think, was talking about adding credit to a swipe card to be used at the turnstile.

Printing off tickets is fine. Worries about copies are unfounded because once it is swiped for a game any further copies will be rejected. It will be up to you to keep it secure and prevent copying.

But if you have both?

john18722
18-01-2012, 01:46 PM
I am keen to sign up for the Club Membership scheme but there doesn't appear to be any way to do it online on the website. Has anyone who has signed up been able to do it other than going down to the ticket office?

Thanks in advance

matty_f
18-01-2012, 01:55 PM
I am keen to sign up for the Club Membership scheme but there doesn't appear to be any way to do it online on the website. Has anyone who has signed up been able to do it other than going down to the ticket office?

Thanks in advance

Got one online for Mrs Matty on Monday. Found it relatively straight forward, to be honest!

There's a tab for memberships, IIRC.

john18722
18-01-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah saw the tab but wouldnt let me access any sign up area. Nevermind, phoned the ticket office and spoke to a very helpful Austrialian girl and its all sorted now. Card available to pick up on Saturday loaded with the St Johnstone game. Looking forward to first home game since the League Cup loss to Celtic. The game at East End Park has brough the excitement back for me!