PDA

View Full Version : As I say

broonie27
06-10-2009, 11:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/scotland/8293642.stm

as he says, he's back at Hibs, delighted to be back at Hibs, delighted to be back playing football again, as he says.

Deek's diet obviously doesn't involve eating a dictionary, as I say.

Let him do his talking on the pitch I suppose :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
His boots were made for talking :wink:

1875godsgift
06-10-2009, 11:59 PM
I get the impression he's delighted? Maybe wrong tho.
He'll be gone as soon as he gets a better deal but....

Hibs90
07-10-2009, 04:42 AM

No he won't. LTYF.

basehibby
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm begginning to think that Deeks is Speedway in disguise!

Ultimately though if he reveals himself we will know the truth whereas if he doesn't we won't :greengrin

Chuckie
07-10-2009, 12:28 PM

Ultimately though if he reveals himself we will know the truth whereas if he doesn't we won't :greengrin

:wink:

Speedway
07-10-2009, 12:31 PM

Nah as the profile says, I'm not 'Hibs Class'. As I say, I'm not Hibs Class.

silverhibee
07-10-2009, 12:49 PM

Nah as the profile says, I'm not 'Hibs Class'. As I say, I'm not Hibs Class.

And are you delighted with this.:thumbsup:

Speedway
07-10-2009, 01:19 PM
And are you delighted with this.:thumbsup:

Ultimately I think, that the more delighted I am being at Hibs, the happier I am going to be at this club.

PC Stamp
07-10-2009, 03:02 PM
Is Speedway Deeks? Or are there in fact two Derek Riordans? That was the mainstream media version who gives expansive answers to their questions :wink: .... and who clearly loves talking about his time at Celtc! :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
07-10-2009, 03:05 PM

Maybe he'll go to Hearts, as they must be desperate for one striker, and we have three or four? Dare say we could improve our bank balance by such a move.

Only problem is Derek thinks Hearts are a bunch of ph*nnies. And so do I. :jamboak:

Haymaker
07-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Its quite interesting that the media are STILL trying to get him to slag off strachen and Celtc, every interview has several questions relating to his time there but Deeks keeps professional...

Rory89
07-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Never knew Stephen Fry had a son.

WindyMiller
07-10-2009, 04:34 PM
The lad handled their p15h well.
As he said, he's glad to be back at Hibs.
I, for one, am glad he's back.

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Its quite interesting that the media are STILL trying to get him to slag off strachen and Celtc, every interview has several questions relating to his time there but Deeks keeps professional...

Maybe Deeks is not allowed to talk about his time at celtc.:wink:

Haymaker
07-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Maybe Deeks is not allowed to talk about his time at celtc.:wink:

very possible, infact thats very probable but my point stands, he hasnt sad "I cant talk about my time" or gotten angry at the constant questions he just keeps professional and replies "Thats football, im back at hibs now and Im playing again".

Carlos Tevez could learn a few things about professionalism in interviews from our Deeks! :greengrin

_hucks_
07-10-2009, 06:57 PM
I wasn't keen to see Deek come back to Hibs as I thought he had too much baggage to be a success.

I was wrong.
I think he is a better player than I remember the first time round.

And, as I say, if the reporters stopped asking questions that prompt a similar answer to a previous question, Deeks wouldn't have to repeat, as i say.

I was thinking that at first, but as the interview goes on, he starts using "as I say" to introduce things he hadn't said previously in the interview. It was getting comical towards the end. Still, he's clearly adept at dealing with the press in terms of not saying anything daft that will land him in trouble.

lapsedhibee
07-10-2009, 07:21 PM
he's clearly adept at dealing with the press in terms of not saying anything daft that will land him in trouble.

Preferred Broonie's more succinct approach after Petriegate.

One Day Soon
07-10-2009, 07:22 PM
There IS a certain smell of fudness about this post, as I say.

Bostonhibby
07-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by basehibby

Ultimately though if he reveals himself we will know the truth whereas if he doesn't we won't

Nah. He didn't get to where he is today by revealing himself :wink: would be something else for the cops to be after him for...........

SidBurns
07-10-2009, 07:50 PM
"...if we can defend well..." Never heard a truer word said!!!