PDA

View Full Version : villa park

forthhibby
06-10-2009, 06:09 PM
was at villa park last night and i managed to get into the holt bar, it's simlilar to behind the goals (season ticket holders only, serve food and drink, big screens, etc) but the food it's miles in front of what we are served. Villa charge £4 to get in and you get a programme included in the price. if hibs were to improve the facilities at btg, would you be prepared to pay an entrance fee.

Gatecrasher
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
was at villa park last night and i managed to get into the holt bar, it's simlilar to behind the goals (season ticket holders only, serve food and drink, big screens, etc) but the food it's miles in front of what we are served. Villa charge £4 to get in and you get a programme included in the price. if hibs were to improve the facilities at btg, would you be prepared to pay an entrance fee.

if the facilities were improved and i got a programe with the £4 i would go

bingo70
06-10-2009, 06:19 PM
if the facilities were improved and i got a programe with the £4 i would go

What sort of facilities would you like to improve the place?

I think a day out at the football is expensive enough without charging people for going into the bar before the game.

GlesgaeHibby
06-10-2009, 06:26 PM

BTG is a bar. You wouldn't pay to get into a normal bar/pub. What sort of improvement in facilities are needed? It's a bar with TV's, tables, chairs etc

The big improvement BTG needs is getting rid of the pisswater that is Carling and cleaning their taps out as the pints are awful in BTG.

Gatecrasher
06-10-2009, 06:26 PM

I think a day out at the football is expensive enough without charging people for going into the bar before the game.

i think the whole layout of the place is wrong, the tables are too big, there should be tv's on the walls accross from the ones that have tv's at the moment, the beer is crap the food is crap, there isnt anywhere to stand with feeling like your getting in the way, trying to make your way from one end to other without feeling like pacman is impossible.

that just some of the stuff, all just IMO but at the moment i prefer the pub :agree:

forthhibby
06-10-2009, 06:29 PM

some modern decor would help make it feel your not sitting in an 80's working mans club, more of a selection of food other than pie, pizza and chips.

on the topic of behind the goals, i think it would be a great idea if they could broadcast a selection of interviews from hibs tv pre match.

bingo70
06-10-2009, 06:30 PM
BTG is a bar. You wouldn't pay to get into a normal bar/pub. What sort of improvement in facilities are needed? It's a bar with TV's, tables, chairs etc

The big improvement BTG needs is getting rid of the pisswater that is Carling and cleaning their taps out as the pints are awful in BTG.

:agree:

absolutely, if they were to put some lap dancers and topless barmaids in then i'd consider paying to get in but thats about the only thing they could do that would get me to pay to get in there.

I'd definately want more than a programme, thats for sure.

bingo70
06-10-2009, 06:33 PM
i think the whole layout of the place is wrong, the tables are too big, there should be tv's on the walls accross from the ones that have tv's at the moment, the beer is crap the food is crap, there isnt anywhere to stand with feeling like your getting in the way, trying to make your way from one end to other without feeling like pacman is impossible.

that just some of the stuff, all just IMO but at the moment i prefer the pub :agree:

some modern decor would help make it feel your not sitting in an 80's working mans club, more of a selection of food other than pie, pizza and chips.

on the topic of behind the goals, i think it would be a great idea if they could broadcast a selection of interviews from hibs tv pre match.

Just eat before you go in ya couple of fat *******s :wink: :greengrin

seriousy though, IMO your likely to be in the minority if youd be willing to pay to get in BTG, regardless of what improvements are made, i think most would just walk to easter road and drink in one of the many free pubs there.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Just eat before you go in ya couple of fat *******s :wink: :greengrin

seriousy though, IMO your likely to be in the minority if youd be willing to pay to get in BTG, regardless of what improvements are made, i think most would just walk to easter road and drink in one of the many free pubs there.

Too true, i would never pay to get into BTG when pubs around ER are IMO far better places to go and for free .. i appreciate others have family and small kids to keep occupied etc tho,

But for me a sing song and a mans pub before matchday ( especially derby day) wil always get my vote, and it cost zilch to get in.

iwasthere1972
06-10-2009, 08:43 PM

Went to Villa Park a number of years ago and sensed that there weren't a lot a pubs in the area. If true then maybe that's why fans are prepared to pay £4 entrance fee to get into the Holt Bar. I may be completely wrong of course.

Personally I wouldn't pay £4 entrance to have a few drinks pre match when there are plenty pubs in the area that welcome you for nothing.

PaulSmith
06-10-2009, 09:24 PM

Funny you should say that but Fife Hyland admitted that BTG needs to be reviewed

hibsdaft
06-10-2009, 09:33 PM
mind they're limited in what they can do with BTG because the night before its holding big functions.

agree with the comments on poor food and drink the firm that runs the show is a joke. never understood why they never set up a bottle bar in the corner for folk wanting a drink straight after F/T, would be much quicker and save the huge queues forming.