PDA

View Full Version : Hibs shares.

cwilliamson85
06-10-2009, 04:02 PM
How easy is it to buy shares in hibs and how much do they go for? fancy treating myself and seems a good way of spending some £££

Owain_1987
06-10-2009, 04:08 PM
How easy is it to buy shares in hibs and how much do they go for? fancy treating myself and seems a good way of spending some £££

Am not sure you can. As I think we are a privately owned club by TF. My mate said he tried to get me a share in Hibs as my 18th present a few years but was unable to. Like to know if I am right or not.

PaulSmith
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
From one of Mikey's previous posts:

The AGM is usually held around the end of September or beginning of October. If you want to go you need to get yer finger out soon and get yourself some shares. Minimum purchase is 50 shares and that'll cost you £30.

It's the only chance you get to put questions to the whole board.

The contact at the club is Pete Jensen (pjensen@hibernianfc.co.uk)

Mikey
06-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I have a feeling that the minimum spend is now £50. Maybe a recent buyer could confirm.

Scotthibs1875
06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
i have an even better idea! why dont you burn your £30:thumbsup::devil:

whiskyhibby
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
This is the reply to my recent enquiry

Mr Burns,

Thank you for your email regarding a purchase of shares in The Hibernian Football Club Ltd. There is no market in these shares i.e. they are not traded publicly. The Club does however from time to time find a match between existing shareholders wishing to sell and people wishing to purchase shares. In these instances we try our best to match the quantities of shares offered with the quantity desired. We recommend a settlement price of 50p per share though the parties are free to agree a price themselves.

Please let me know if you would like to have your interest in shares noted and the quantity you are looking to acquire.

Pete Jensen | Assistant Accountant

The Hibernian Football Club Limited

Easter Road Stadium, 12 Albion Place,
Edinburgh. EH7 5QG

Phone +44 (0) 131 656 7082
Fax +44 (0) 131 652 2202
Website www.hibernianfc.co.uk (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/)

hibsmum
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
I applied for shares for a xmas pressie last November, never got them through til February.

Hibercelona
06-10-2009, 07:07 PM
Wonder how much Hearts shares will be worth in their current condition... :hmmm:

jgl07
06-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Wonder how much Hearts shares will be worth in their current condition... :hmmm:
Minority shares in a non listed Private Limited Liability Company have next to no worth. This applies to a viable company such as Hibs as a basket case such as Hearts.

1two
07-10-2009, 08:50 AM
I bought them last year for my dad.
Minimum buy is 100 shares at 50p each

Speedway
07-10-2009, 08:54 AM

As an investment seeking any kind of financial return, Scott is right.

However, as Mikey says, the share purchase is effectively a membership fee to a quite exclusive club who get to attend the AGM, get sent the accounts, question the board face to face etc.

sambajustice
07-10-2009, 10:12 AM

However, as Mikey says, the share purchase is effectively a membership fee to a quite exclusive club who get to attend the AGM, get sent the accounts, question the board face to face etc.

Whats £30 anyway, or even £50? Not even a night out and what do you get for it? All the aforementioned plus you get to lord it over other Hibbies by saying you're a shareholder in the club! :greengrin

I might look into it myself actually!

micksoo
07-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Whats £30 anyway, or even £50? Not even a night out and what do you get for it? All the aforementioned plus you get to lord it over other Hibbies by saying you're a shareholder in the club! :greengrin

I might look into it myself actually!

I would happily pay £50 to be able to say I am a shareholder and have the ability to attend the AGM.

How many Xmas and birthday presents could be sold at £50 plus £10 for a frame?? We will have the cash for the stand in no time. :rolleyes:

Gerard
07-10-2009, 04:35 PM

If you give it to me I shall be very happy to solve this problem for you without the need for danaging the environment:wink::greengrin
G

Mikey
07-10-2009, 04:48 PM

It's exclusive insofar as attendance of the AGM is concerned. If you're not a shareholder you're not getting in!

There's no exclusivity when it comes to being a shareholder though. Bear in mind that it's not a quick process. Expect it to take weeks rather than days.