PDA

View Full Version : BBC 2 showing Japan v Scotland match

bathhibby
05-10-2009, 08:01 AM
In the light of the Ukraine V England Internet debacle does anybody know what the score is for Saturday Morning when we play Japan ?

Looking forward to seeing a Fletcher, O'Connor & Deek strike force.

Brummie_Hibs
05-10-2009, 08:24 AM
I'll provide updates from the game! :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 08:48 AM
It's not listed on livefootball.com so I assume noone's showing it?

I heard on the radio this morning that the England game’s live on the internet on Saturday at £4.99 a pop!

bathhibby
05-10-2009, 08:59 AM
looking forward to the updates

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2009, 08:59 AM
It's not listed on livefootball.com so I assume noone's showing it?

I heard on the radio this morning that the England game’s live on the internet on Saturday at £4.99 a pop!

it is :agree:(the england game that is) http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/8286886.stm

The cost of watching the game was being advertised on Monday in the Daily Express as £4.99 if viewers signed up before midnight on Wednesday.

Charges rise to £9.99 for those who subscribe on Thursday and Friday, and £11.99 on Saturday.

Brummie_Hibs
05-10-2009, 09:03 AM
looking forward to the updates
Actually, I didn't mean it - after drinking at the beer festival in Yokohama before the game I don't think I'll be in a fit state.

It'll probably be:

0 min: Games Starts

90 min: Game ends - Scotland beaten 4-0

BigKev
05-10-2009, 10:22 AM
In the light of the Ukraine V England Internet debacle does anybody know what the score is for Saturday Morning when we play Japan ?

From the Hunday Mail : "Meanwhile, the Tartan Army could face a TV blackout.

The Japanese FA hold the TV rights for the friendly and have yet to strike a deal with a British broadcaster to show the game live.

Logistical problems and the 11.20am kick-off UK time have made the game difficult to sell.

An SFA spokesman said: "The Japanese have assured us they are in negotiations and we're hopeful there will be live coverage."

hibs1875aye
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
11.20am on Saturday morning for a friendly against Japan. Masterstroke by the SFA with regards to kick off time/venue/opposition.....or was the plan to play one of the only teams willing to play this friendly, regardless of who it was/where it was/for nowt.

Nice one. :grr::grr:

That said, if its on the telly, there's nowt better to watch on Saturday at that time! :thumbsup:

Future17
05-10-2009, 12:26 PM

O'Connor out injured. :boo hoo:

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
11.20am on Saturday morning for a friendly against Japan. Masterstroke by the SFA with regards to kick off time/venue/opposition.....or was the plan to play one of the only teams willing to play this friendly, regardless of who it was/where it was/for nowt.

That said, if its on the telly, there's nowt better to watch on Saturday at that time! :thumbsup:

It’s not kicking off at 1120am in Japan. :wink:

If they wanted/needed a friendly they had to play a team that weren’t European because all the European sides have WC qualifiers this weekend – we’re only free because we were in the group of 5.

silverhibee
05-10-2009, 01:30 PM

sauce.:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
05-10-2009, 01:32 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/8290548.stm

Part/Time Supporter
05-10-2009, 02:05 PM

Shockeroony, Garry O pulls out of a Scotland long-distance trip

:duck:

Part/Time Supporter
05-10-2009, 02:06 PM
It’s not kicking off at 1120am in Japan. :wink:

If they wanted/needed a friendly they had to play a team that weren’t European because all the European sides have WC qualifiers this weekend – we’re only free because we were in the group of 5.

and because Gordon Smith made an arse of scheduling the fixtures

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 02:21 PM
and because Gordon Smith made an arse of scheduling the fixtures

We’ve no more games left to play? Do you think Smudger should’ve made sure we were playing this weekend instead of the last weekend? And what difference would that’ve made?

erin-go-bragh87
05-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Soccer AM!!

cwilliamson85
05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Soccer AM!!

SKILLZ SKOOL, CROSSBAR CHALLENGE AND THE HOLE OF GLORY!!!

Love it now gets shown on sky 1 so I donthave to pay for the sports package.

Oranje39
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Soccer AM!!

Soccer AM is garbage!

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Soccer AM is garbage!

:agree: Downhill all the way since Lovejoy, Fenners and Sheephead left. They took the laughs and Helen lost her looks.

That boy Rushden is dreadful - worse than Goldstein was and he got sacked for not being as good as Lovejoy!

bathhibby
05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Amazing - I ask a question about Scotland on the telly and we end up talking about Hellsbells Hair

iwasthere1972
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Amazing - I ask a question about Scotland on the telly and we end up talking about Hellsbells Hair

If that's your photo in your avatar then you have a double. http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/News/400x400/JimJefferiesNew2.jpg

:agree:

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 06:55 PM

Your question was answered mate. :greengrin

And it was her looks I mentioned :wink:

Although I will give you that - her hair is shocking.

Ghaax
05-10-2009, 07:30 PM
0 min: Games Starts

90 min: Game ends - Scotland beaten 4-0

Aw man - ah missed the game.

Usual Burley rubbish was it???

Who started up front?

4-0 off o' Japan - we're improvin'!:cool2:

bathhibby
05-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Bollox I look nowt like that Bassa

iwasthere1972
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM

Sorry Jim. :devil:

silverhibee
05-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Shockeroony, Garry O pulls out of a Scotland long-distance trip

:duck:

Strange one this, heard he was in the town centre on Saturday and up here as he was joining up with the Scotland squad on Monday night, dont know what happened in between that he was ruled injured in that time.
Or maybe AB had a word with him at the weekend.:greengrin:faf::duck:

Toaods
06-10-2009, 12:12 AM
Bet 365 have the entire England game live if you have credit in your account.

perhaps the Scotland game might be the same?

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2009, 07:20 AM
Strange one this, heard he was in the town centre on Saturday and up here as he was joining up with the Scotland squad on Monday night, dont know what happened in between that he was ruled injured in that time.

Burnley town-centre?

HFC07
06-10-2009, 07:24 AM
Just found this link

http://www.mixx.com/videos/8417221/watch_japan_vs_scotland_live_football_online_free_ streaming_tv_go_football_tv

think they might be showing it. However when you click the link it says the program is from 12:30 - 2:30. If the ko is 11:30 I don't think it will be live.

cabbage07
06-10-2009, 07:29 AM
Read the small print
http://www.*********/broadcast.php?matchid=51644&part=sports

Steve-O
06-10-2009, 07:33 AM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_CMJVbQh_3cE/SrfxDloReOI/AAAAAAAAAWw/VfijAXZDh1A/s400/Brendan-Gleeson_l.jpg :agree:

BigKev
06-10-2009, 11:31 AM
From today's Evening Times :

THE Tartan Army are facing a TV blackout this weekend after the SFA ditched plans to show Saturday's Kirin Cup match with Japan on the internet.

It was planned to broadcast the game from Yokohama on the official SFA website free of charge to Scotland fans.

However, the project has been shelved due to complications and a lack of time to sort out teething problems.

Scotland won the Kirin Cup in 2006 after wins over Japan and Bulgaria and highlights of both games were screened on BBC, however there are no plans to show any footage of this match for George Burley's men.
advertisement

"The problem of Japanese graphics meant getting a clean signal was made a lot more complicated while we also had to think about providing a commentary team," said an SFA spokesperson.

"There was just not enough time to do that. We are extremely disappointed because we had wanted to provide a service for the fans - and it would have been for free."

The friendly, which kicks off at 11.20am, will only be available on Radio Scotland.

"It's disappointing because it is an important match," said Hamish Husband, spokesman for the West of Scotland branch of the Tartan Army.

"It also sees us defend the only cup we have in our cupboard at present."

England fans are currently up in arms at the prospect of having to pay a one-off fee to watch an internet broadcast of Fabio Capello's team against Ukraine on Saturday.

No mainstream broadcaster in the UK met the Ukrainian federation's asking price to screen the match from Dnipro, so for the first time an England competitive fixture will be screened exclusively on the internet.

oconnors_strip
06-10-2009, 02:42 PM

Burnley town-centre?

aye its a strange thing you've said here silverhibee, as danderhall has pointed out garry was in burnley town centre on saturday with 21 men:greengrin

or are you meaning at night?

silverhibee
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM
aye its a strange thing you've said here silverhibee, as danderhall has pointed out garry was in burnley town centre on saturday with 21 men:greengrin

or are you meaning at night?

Saturday night Sunday morning.:greengrin

oconnors_strip
06-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Saturday night Sunday morning.:greengrin

thanks for clearing that up. but gaz did injure himself after 10 minutes in saturday's match. but maybe his dancing strained it even more:greengrin

Wheat Hound
06-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Now on the BBC site that the game is being screened live on BBC2 (Scotland only) with an 11am kick off - go on Deeko !!!!!:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
From 11am Saturday.

HibbyAndy
06-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Thank god im working.

bathhibby
06-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Cheers an answer at last

Danderhall Hibs
06-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Cheers an answer at last

The way you're going on you'd think we were all keeping it a secret from you! It's only just been announced it was on the BBC!

silverhibee
06-10-2009, 06:37 PM
The way you're going on you'd think we were all keeping it a secret from you! It's only just been announced it was on the BBC!

:faf:

Wotherspiniesta
06-10-2009, 07:47 PM
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City)
Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Hearts), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Craig Conway (Dundee United), Ross Wallace (Preston North End)
Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Lee Miller (Aberdeen), Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

So, given the inevitable pulling out of a few players, what team would people on here like to see? Personally, I'd go for:

Gordon

Hutton Barr Berra Whittaker

Caldwell

Adam D.Fletcher Dorrans Riordan

Fletcher

I think Caldwell and McManus are having a really bad time of it just now. Mcmanus was having a nightmare on Sunday. Caldwell into the midfield, only because there appears to be only 1 central midfield player fit. Dorrans looks in very good form for West Brom and Adam is playing and scoring for Blackpool.

Still plenty of time for the 3 remaining OF players to pull out though. :rolleyes:

Sloppy
06-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), Jamie Langfield (Aberdeen), David Marshall (Cardiff City)
Defenders: Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Lee Wallace (Hearts), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Steven Whittaker (Rangers)
Midfielders: Charles Adam (Blackpool), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Craig Conway (Dundee United), Ross Wallace (Preston North End)
Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Burnley), Lee Miller (Aberdeen), Derek Riordan (Hibernian)

So, given the inevitable pulling out of a few players, what team would people on here like to see? Personally, I'd go for:

Gordon

Hutton Barr Berra Whittaker

Caldwell

Adam D.Fletcher Dorrans Riordan

Fletcher

I think Caldwell and McManus are having a really bad time of it just now. Mcmanus was having a nightmare on Sunday. Caldwell into the midfield, only because there appears to be only 1 central midfield player fit. Dorrans looks in very good form for West Brom and Adam is playing and scoring for Blackpool.

Still plenty of time for the 3 remaining OF players to pull out though. :rolleyes:
snodgrass instead of caldwell

iwasthere1972
06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
snodgrass instead of caldwell

Snodgrass was one of the withdrawals.

number9dream
06-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Can I ask where the BBC announcement is/was? I can't see anything but they have so many different web pages...

I can't see an 11.20am kick off with a decimated squad being a big ratings winner.

Don't bother replying, I've just seen it. D'oh!

iwasthere1972
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Can I ask where the BBC announcement is/was? I can't see anything but they have so many different web pages...

I can't see an 11.20am kick off with a decimated squad being a big ratings winner.

Definitely scheduled to be shown. Can't you check on your Sky or Virgin TV listings?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00nhsfs

_hucks_
06-10-2009, 10:02 PM
Anyone know if there's owt for those of us exiled in England?

Removed
06-10-2009, 10:05 PM

Have a word with Justin, I'm sure he'll know :wink:

iwasthere1972
06-10-2009, 10:08 PM

Looks like we get Sportscene and you get The Story of Tracey Beaker followed by Animals at Work. :cool2:

_hucks_
06-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Looks like we get Sportscene and you get The Story of Tracey Beaker followed by Animals at Work. :cool2:

Exciting times. Will defo have a word with Justin.

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2009, 07:03 AM

If you've got Sky Digital you'll get BBC2 Scotland in England - it'll be up in the 980s.

Craig_in_Prague
07-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Anyone think it'll be shown through BBC sport red button?

Even when some games are not listed as via red button, about 50% of the time games are on there.

Don't recieve BBC std channels, but can get the sport interactive through BBC news :cool2:

iwasthere1972
07-10-2009, 11:01 AM
If you've got Sky Digital you'll get BBC2 Scotland in England - it'll be up in the 980s.

Thought you only got BBC regions in the 980's. Can't see BBC Scotland listed on my channels except 102.

Danderhall Hibs
07-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Thought you only got BBC regions in the 980's. Can't see BBC Scotland listed on my channels except 102.

Aye but you're in Scotland...

iwasthere1972
07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Aye but you're in Scotland...

:doh: That of course makes sense.

basehibby
07-10-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm delighted it's going to be on the box - a pat on the back to all those involved in sorting this out - with Setanta pulling out the priority surely had to be just screening it for the fans back home rather than making any money from the coverage.
The BBC and the SFA (rightly) come in for some pelters from Scottish football supporters - on this occasion they've managed to get something right for the benefit of the fans - well done! :thumbsup:

silverhibee
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Hutton and D. Fletcher have also pulled out from the squad now.

Carrick Hibs
07-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Darren Fletcher and Hutton have both pulled out taking the call offs to 10!!

going to be an interesting line up now!

Beat me to it SilverHibee!!

Keith_M
07-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I read that Burley has held training with just TEN players.

Is this correct?

If so, how on earth are they even going to put a team out?

:confused:

MacBean
07-10-2009, 01:47 PM

Ahem soccer AM - Hibees crossbar challenge :wink: (not sure if this week but soon!)