PDA

View Full Version : Yams Players on international duty

bingo70
06-10-2009, 09:43 AM
Interested to see the difference in attitudes between the two Edinburgh clubs with regards to players going away on international duty.

Yogi...... http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/10/06/international-call-ups-are-boost-not-burden-for-hibs-says-john-hughes-86908-21726620/

"I am pleased it's going to be a ghost town because it just shows the success and the quality of player at your club.
"Sol Bamba, the two Moroccans andYves Ma-Kalambay are away then you have Paul Hanlon and David Wotherspoon with Scotland Under-21s, plus Liam Miller and Derek Riordan. It's great recognition"

Shabba........ http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/10/06/csaba-laszlo-admits-continued-frustration-as-kingston-jets-out-for-another-international-clash-86908-21726611/

"Larry has gone to Ghana for one game then he comes back. I can't stop this.We need our older players, like Larry, to take more responsibility."

Personally can't believe the pressure hearts are putting Kingston under to turn down the chance to play for his country when we're in the season building up to the world cup, surely they knew the risks when signing an international player from another continent.

I know he's had his injury problems for hearts, but sure i read he was an unused sub at the weekend so don't really see there problem, if he's fit enough to be on the bench he'd be fit enough to play a game a week later you'd think.

crewetollhibee
06-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Excellent post. Never understood the hypocrisy of clubs who buy international players then bleat when duty calls . If it is a player who has developed into an international then surely their market value is enhanced ?

PC Stamp
06-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Not that I like to defend them but it's possibly the fact that he always appears fit and ready to go when Ghana come calling but the minute he gets back he's out injured for months whilst drawing £15K a week or whatever ridiculous sum in wages.

That said, they were daft enough to sign him and agree to pay it so they made their own bed!

Big Frank
06-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Interested to see the difference in attitudes between the two Edinburgh clubs with regards to players going away on international duty.

Yogi...... http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2009/10/06/international-call-ups-are-boost-not-burden-for-hibs-says-john-hughes-86908-21726620/

"I am pleased it's going to be a ghost town because it just shows the success and the quality of player at your club.
"Sol Bamba, the two Moroccans andYves Ma-Kalambay are away then you have Paul Hanlon and David Wotherspoon with Scotland Under-21s, plus Liam Miller and Derek Riordan. It's great recognition"

Shabba........ http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hearts/2009/10/06/csaba-laszlo-admits-continued-frustration-as-kingston-jets-out-for-another-international-clash-86908-21726611/

"Larry has gone to Ghana for one game then he comes back. I can't stop this.We need our older players, like Larry, to take more responsibility."

Personally can't believe the pressure hearts are putting Kingston under to turn down the chance to play for his country when we're in the season building up to the world cup, surely they knew the risks when signing an international player from another continent.

I know he's had his injury problems for hearts, but sure i read he was an unused sub at the weekend so don't really see there problem, if he's fit enough to be on the bench he'd be fit enough to play a game a week later you'd think.

I'm not sure the yams are unhappy at him turning out for his country, rather the fact that he does so even tho' permanently injured for his club.

He is a wage thief and the deluded are now seeing this.

crewetollhibee
06-10-2009, 11:04 AM
Quick addition to my previous post. If you notice the managers in the UK who have been mostly vocal on this ( Ferguson Wenger and Mourinho ) these guys never actually played for their countries ? Just a thought !! :devil:

Andy.1875
06-10-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure the yams are unhappy at him turning out for his country, rather the fact that he does so even tho' permanently injured for his club.

He is a wage thief and the deluded are now seeing this.

Anyone that can increase their debt while providing no useful function is fine by me. They need more like him!

Hank Schrader
06-10-2009, 11:17 AM
Anyone that can increase their debt while providing no useful function is fine by me. They need more like him!

They already have someone else that fits that description....

:nade:

Jim44
06-10-2009, 11:23 AM
They already have someone else that fits that description....

:nade:

If he was Spanish his name would be Nada. :greengrin

poolman
06-10-2009, 11:40 AM

He was there but wasn't even a sub so I really think Shabby's a bit miffed with the wage thief

It would be a right hoot if he played for Ghana and got injured again :greengrin

zlatan
06-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Is Maka in the proper Belgian team or is it the under 21's?

It is Belgium he's confirmed for isn't it?

Joe Baker II
06-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Quick addition to my previous post. If you notice the managers in the UK who have been mostly vocal on this ( Ferguson Wenger and Mourinho ) these guys never actually played for their countries ? Just a thought !! :devil:

A more embarassing local example of this was Alex Miller who fined Goram for playing cricket for Scotland when at Hibs.

cwilliamson85
06-10-2009, 02:18 PM
I am glad we have players away on international duty until they get croaked for 6 motnhs and ruins our season.

:pray: for all there safe returns

Mixu62
06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Excellent post. Never understood the hypocrisy of clubs who buy international players then bleat when duty calls . If it is a player who has developed into an international then surely their market value is enhanced ?

But that only matters if you're a selling, wee team club, not a champions league contender.

jdships
06-10-2009, 07:40 PM
A more embarassing local example of this was Alex Miller who fined Goram for playing cricket for Scotland when at Hibs.

And quite rightly too !
Goram was a wicketkeeper and if you knew anything about cricket you would know that most "stumpers" have problems with hands/fingers
Goram was a goalkeeper remember - they use hands and fingers !!!!!

:greengrin

Luna_Asylum
06-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Is Maka in the proper Belgian team or is it the under 21's?

It is Belgium he's confirmed for isn't it?

new number one!?

"Belgium goalkeeper Stijn Stijnen has retired from international football after new coach Dick Advocaat said he was no longer number one. Stijnen, 28, called a press conference to announce his retirement which he said was due to "the bad mentality" around the team. The FC Bruges stopper was capped 30 times and had been a regular since May 2006. Advocaat, who took over on September 22, said last week that Stijnen was no longer "the absolute number one" but he had included him in the squad for World Cup qualifiers against Turkey on October 10 and Estonia four days later."

Part/Time Supporter
07-10-2009, 05:51 PM
new number one!?

"Belgium goalkeeper Stijn Stijnen has retired from international football after new coach Dick Advocaat said he was no longer number one. Stijnen, 28, called a press conference to announce his retirement which he said was due to "the bad mentality" around the team. The FC Bruges stopper was capped 30 times and had been a regular since May 2006. Advocaat, who took over on September 22, said last week that Stijnen was no longer "the absolute number one" but he had included him in the squad for World Cup qualifiers against Turkey on October 10 and Estonia four days later."

There's a (not particularly good) Belgian keeper called Logan Bailly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Bailly) who plays for Moenchengladbach; he played most of their games in the Olympics.

zlatan
07-10-2009, 10:58 PM
Bloody hell, I didn't realise that was where the little general had ended up.

Has a decent enough record , mainly internationally, so will be good for Maka to be working under him I suppose.

hibsdaft
07-10-2009, 11:47 PM
Bloody hell, I didn't realise that was where the little general had ended up.

with respect to Belgium thats a pretty ***** job for him i'd of thought.

MB62
08-10-2009, 07:53 AM

And quite rightly too !
Goram was a wicketkeeper and if you knew anything about cricket you would know that most "stumpers" have problems with hands/fingers
Goram was a goalkeeper remember - they use hands and fingers !!!!!

:greengrin

And as soon as he signed for the sons of darkness, they barred him from playing cricket.

MB62
08-10-2009, 07:57 AM

You are correct. However, of Morocco win on Saturday they will qualify for the African nations cup meaning we will probably lose both Zouma and Benji for a few weeks in January and that certainly wont help the Hibees. It might please Rod as it will shirley put more dosh onto each player's ultimate transfer fee, but it wont do the current team any good.