PDA

View Full Version : Wotherspoon

EasterRoad4Ever
05-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but just how good is this lad ? Since he moved back into the RB position with 20 to go v St J he's been outstanding and as exciting a prospect as any that came through during the last the "Golden Generation".

ancient hibee
05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
He's not an outstanding right back but has settled in well and will eventually be a terrific central midfielder.

Wotherspiniesta
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
He's not an outstanding right back but has settled in well and will eventually be a terrific central midfielder.

:agree:

WindyMiller
05-10-2009, 06:32 PM
I watched the lad,a few times last season, and thought him a good prospect, but I'm very surprised (and pleased) at the way he's slotted into the team. Doesn't seem to have been overawed at all. He no doubt will have a slump, so I hope we don't start to get on his back.

He'll hopefully go on to have a great career. Let's hope it's mostly in the famous Green & White.
:flag:

villager
05-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Sorry if this has already been discussed, but just how good is this lad ? Since he moved back into the RB position with 20 to go v St J he's been outstanding and as exciting a prospect as any that came through during the last the "Golden Generation".

comparable technique and physical energy with john collins at the same age from where i've watched them both.

was sharing this with an older pal and he took it further in his opinion, comparable ability with cropley at the same age.

albeit these are slightly different types of player admittedly.

basehibby
05-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Wotherspoon has been excellent and you've got to take your hat off to him for the way he's slotted into the 1st team.

He's got a great engine and is very comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing - also not shy to have a pop at goal and already off the mark - to top it all off his attitude has been spot on as he's worked his socks off for the team and looked at home wherever he's been asked to play.

It's hard to compare as they're in different teams but I can't remember Brown/Thomson/Whitts being any more impressive when they made their debuts in midfield and RB for Hibs and they're all Scotland players now.

A fantastic start from Wotherspoon although as posted above we should keep our expectations under control and not heap too much pressure and/or adulation on him. It's early doors yet in his career and he'll need to keep his feet on the ground and work hard to maintain his standards and progress, but the signs are good that he'll be a top performer for Hibs in the coming seasons.

silverhibee
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Wotherspoon has been excellent and you've got to take your hat off to him for the way he's slotted into the 1st team.

He's got a great engine and is very comfortable on the ball with a good range of passing - also not shy to have a pop at goal and already off the mark - to top it all off his attitude has been spot on as he's worked his socks off for the team and looked at home wherever he's been asked to play.

It's hard to compare as they're in different teams but I can't remember Brown/Thomson/Whitts being any more impressive when they made their debuts in midfield and RB for Hibs and they're all Scotland players now.

A fantastic start from Wotherspoon although as posted above we should keep our expectations under control and not heap too much pressure and/or adulation on him. It's early doors yet in his career and he'll need to keep his feet on the ground and work hard to maintain his standards and progress, but the signs are good that he'll be a top performer for Hibs in the coming seasons.

:agree: :top marks. A player for the future and hopefully a great one at that. Keep up the good work Wotherspoon.:agree:

GlesgaeHibby
06-10-2009, 07:29 AM

I thought he was very assured at RB at the weekend, and certainly much better than DVZ did last season. I do agree that he looked best in midfield, but as a RB he can still get forward and whip in some excellent crosses.

Wotherspiniesta
08-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Pleasant reading on my lunch today:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/2672586/Now-I-know-I-was-right-to-quit-Celtic.html

:top marks

banarc7062
08-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm sure Liam Miller with his experience will help the boy develop and continue his excellent start. How long before the weegie press start the usual transfer garbage?