PDA

View Full Version : NHC Diving again

lapsedhibee
05-10-2009, 05:53 PM
Just seen the OFGTF highlights. Absolutely hilarious to see the diving git Maloney denied his pen. Perhaps if he'd throttled back on the ridiculous winding-up action before hurling himself up in the air on a long arc and then down again, his claim would have been treated more seriously. What goes around comes around :faf:

Danderhall Hibs
05-10-2009, 05:58 PM
I think the refs have broght a lot of this on themselves. They don't give a foul unless you fall down so it makes players do the "I've been touched" swan-dive thing.

If they gave a foul when it was a foul then the players wouldn't have to go through the motions of falling down all the time.

EasterRoad4Ever
05-10-2009, 06:01 PM
Just seen the OFGTF highlights. Absolutely hilarious to see the diving git Maloney denied his pen. Perhaps if he'd throttled back on the ridiculous winding-up action before hurling himself up in the air on a long arc and then down again, his claim would have been treated more seriously. What goes around comes around :faf:

The unfortunate reality is, because of the ref's post-match admission, the little munchkin will continue diving around the SPL and will be given all the pens he wants - as long as its not against the Huns :grr:

Hibercelona
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM
That's the ref sucking up their a*se's now.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8290945.stm

He was wrong... Celtic were right... :blah:

lapsedhibee
05-10-2009, 06:30 PM
If they gave a foul when it was a foul then the players wouldn't have to go through the motions of falling down all the time.

See your point, but to hint that if refs were better the likes of Maloney would go no more a-diving is a bit optimistic. Reckon that the scrote in a person like him will out, irrespective.

judas
05-10-2009, 07:10 PM

Eh! I thought he had 2 stonewall penalty claims.

On both occasions the Rangers player missed the ball and made clear contact with him.

Terrible refereeing tbh.

lEXO
05-10-2009, 07:17 PM

On both occasions the Rangers player missed the ball and made clear contact with him.

Terrible refereeing tbh.
My thoughts as well.Slag him for diving if he does, but they were stick on pens.

lapsedhibee
05-10-2009, 08:01 PM

Terrible refereeing tbh.

My thoughts as well.Slag him for diving if he does, but they were stick on pens.

The point I was making was not that it wasn't a pen.
The point I was making was that if you dive week in week out so often that you get a deserved rep as a diver, and then to further gild the lily you jump up in the air when you are touched in the hunbox, you may be denied a legitimate pen if it arises. What goes around comes around.
I hope Celtc lose the league by one point and that this incident remains in the scrote's mind until the end of the season.

Biggie
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
bottom line is the ref shat it, at the thought of giving celtc a pk at a crucial point in the match...sooking up big time now. Hugh Dallas also backing his man up, saying he did well...shocka****ingrooni