PDA

View Full Version : Question Next seasons strips Adidas designs

Petrie's Tache
05-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Guys/Gals,

With reference to next seasons possibility that we will move to Adidas strips a few guys on the PM board put up some examples of strips we would like to see.
From that a little bit of brain storming that went on and it churned out these little beauties (IMHO).*See below*
As you will see the home and away are totally interchangeable.

I would like to thank Rabcp for his work on these strips.:thumbsup:

We would like to gauge everyones opinions and suggestions on the strips, as if we like it, it wil lfind it's way to ER via someone on the PM board with connections who deal with the new strips etc.

So the questions are:

Would you buy it?
How many would you buy? i.e Home/Away or both.
Would you pre-order to allow funds to be allocated to bolster player arrivals in the Jan window?

Will add the 3rd strips when I can work out how to post more than 2 pics:greengrin

H18sry
05-10-2009, 01:37 PM
Thats the way Hibs strips should look :agree:

Petrie's Tache
05-10-2009, 01:42 PM
Thats the way Hibs strips should look :agree:

Thats what we all thought to.:agree:

RoslinInstHibby
05-10-2009, 02:05 PM
they are quailty, would defo buy the home and away kit:thumbsup::top marks....although i currently do that anyway:greengrin

M8UDB
05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
They are quality strips, i would buy at least 1 of them. Sayin that tho i quite like the strips this season.

rabcp1
05-10-2009, 02:11 PM
Id buy both :thumbsup:

guess I should say though :greengrin

TheEastTerrace
05-10-2009, 02:26 PM
Would buy both, very smart. Takes me back to 1991/92 when we last had adidas as a kit provider, they were quality :agree:

WarringtonHibee
05-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Looking smart, although would prefer a purple away shirt. :agree:

Houchy
05-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I like them. Would definately buy one. Maybe both. Would buy the away shorts aswell as the green ones are always good for wearing in the pool on holiday (white ones tend to scare people when I come out:greengrin)

Petrie's Tache
05-10-2009, 02:38 PM

Rab, you couldn't could you:greengrin

Purple all over with white or green stripes:greengrin

As a third strip mind.

wazoo1875
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
I like them. Would definately buy one. Maybe both. Would buy the away shorts aswell as the green ones are always good for wearing in the pool on holiday (white ones tend to scare people when I come out:greengrin)

The last time you came out you scared me a'naw :greengrin

I would pre-order both of them and maybe one of the black ones that are up too, Rab done a brilliant job with them :agree:

LancashireHibby
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd buy both, without a doubt (and another 2 for my lad and his cousin!) :thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
05-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Both are excellent!

However, this seasons home and away, are both smart as ***** as well :agree:

Hainan Hibs
05-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Both are class:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But the white one, Oh **** aaayyyyyeeeee:greengrin

Hibs90
05-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Both are gorgeous. Although I think the away one should be all white.

rabcp1
05-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Rab, you couldn't could you:greengrin

Purple all over with white or green stripes:greengrin

As a third strip mind.

Possible 3rd kit

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/rabcp/3rd-1.png

Andy74
05-10-2009, 03:08 PM
Would buy both, very smart. Takes me back to 1991/92 when we last had adidas as a kit provider, they were quality :agree:

Aye, did they take long to come up with because they are just the adidas ones we used to have are they not!?:wink:

james-h
05-10-2009, 03:22 PM
very smart , id buy both, i really hope we move to adidas

Septimus
05-10-2009, 03:23 PM
Don't like the sleeve colour carrying on over the shoulder. Also think that Adidas are not as good as our present supplier. I buy strips for my grandchildren and that is unlikely to change whatever. This years strips are the best for a long time but for goodness sake get rid of the black.

NOLA
05-10-2009, 03:31 PM
i like both strips this season more than the adidas ones on show

H18sry
05-10-2009, 03:33 PM

Coz you look like a bird down there :devil: :duck:

Keith_M
05-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Possible 3rd kit

Rab, I like the idea of purple but that shade looks a bit too, well, pink!

Maybe if it was in a diferent shade it would look better :dunno:

Also, I've always fancied the idea of a Dark Blue and Green change strip (has the added benefit of not clashing with RaSellik). I'd love to see something along those lines, hint hint :wink:

Petrie's Tache
05-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Aye, did they take long to come up with because they are just the adidas ones we used to have are they not!?:wink:

Believe it or not Andy, there were plenty of other variations. However retro won out.:greengrin

1two
05-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Am i right in saying we had an late 80s/early 90s (around the Mercer time) strip which is almost identical to these?

Andy74
05-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Believe it or not Andy, there were plenty of other variations. However retro won out.:greengrin

Quite right too!

Petrie's Tache
05-10-2009, 04:44 PM
Am i right in saying we had an late 80s/early 90s (around the Mercer time) strip which is almost identical to these?

Yeah the Frank Graham group one

Andy74
05-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Yeah the Frank Graham group one

Although there were some strange shading patterns on these strips that probably would be best left back then!

rabcp1
05-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Rab, I like the idea of purple but that shade looks a bit too, well, pink!

Maybe if it was in a diferent shade it would look better :dunno:

Also, I've always fancied the idea of a Dark Blue and Green change strip (has the added benefit of not clashing with RaSellik). I'd love to see something along those lines, hint hint :wink:

3rd in a darker purple
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/rabcp/3rd-2.png
3rd in a darker blue
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u224/rabcp/3rd1-1.png

500miles
05-10-2009, 05:04 PM
The home strip is very ordinary, and the away one isn't as good as the one we have now. Don't get the obsession with Adidas to be honest.

Ryan91
05-10-2009, 05:43 PM
Possible 3rd kit

:jamboak:

Shocker!

I wouldn't buy that...not even in a month of Sundays

SouthMoroccoStu
05-10-2009, 05:54 PM
With reference to next seasons possibility that we will move to Adidas strips..........

Sorry, I must have missed this.

Are we getting adidas shirts next year?

If so, where has it come from?

Glory glory

nonshinyfinish
05-10-2009, 05:59 PM

Glory glory

It'll cost you a tenner to find out. :wink:

Gatecrasher
05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
The home strip is very ordinary, and the away one isn't as good as the one we have now. Don't get the obsession with Adidas to be honest.

:agree: if LCS can match this seasons effort I would be happy, I voted I would buy both but I do that anyway

Pete70
05-10-2009, 06:01 PM

Glory glory

I was going to ask those very same questions.

Anyway, I can't see us having a white kit again next year. It'll more likely be some garish colourful effort

WarringtonHibee
05-10-2009, 06:08 PM
3rd in a darker purple

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Amazing! I love it.

ChrissyG1875
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
They are all stunning:agree:

Leitherhibs
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
some great kits posted.
Having addidas as your manufacturer boosts sales that just how it is.

GreenOnions
05-10-2009, 09:39 PM
I wouldn't buy either I'm afraid. I never like any of the designs where the sleeve colour extends onto the shoulder and up to the collar. The sleeve colour should be restricted to the sleeve IMHO.

I also don't like any second strips that are not white - so no purple or blue for me.

I am pleased to see that white shorts are suggested for the home strip though as I don't want to see us going back to green shorts.

One Day Soon
05-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Completely agree - completely.

Was in the Hibs ticket office today and on the wall is a large poster of Pat Stanton in a Hibs strip in his prime. What a strip that is. THAT is the strip we should be wearing.

I wouldn't buy either I'm afraid. I never like any of the designs where the sleeve colour extends onto the shoulder and up to the collar. The sleeve colour should be restricted to the sleeve IMHO.

I also don't like any second strips that are not white - so no purple or blue for me.

I am pleased to see that white shorts are suggested for the home strip though as I don't want to see us going back to green shorts.

CalgaryHibs
06-10-2009, 02:50 AM
Guys/Gals,

With reference to next seasons possibility that we will move to Adidas strips a few guys on the PM board put up some examples of strips we would like to see.
From that a little bit of brain storming that went on and it churned out these little beauties (IMHO).*See below*
As you will see the home and away are totally interchangeable.

I would like to thank Rabcp for his work on these strips.:thumbsup:

We would like to gauge everyones opinions and suggestions on the strips, as if we like it, it wil lfind it's way to ER via someone on the PM board with connections who deal with the new strips etc.

So the questions are:

Would you buy it?
How many would you buy? i.e Home/Away or both.
Would you pre-order to allow funds to be allocated to bolster player arrivals in the Jan window?

Will add the 3rd strips when I can work out how to post more than 2 pics:greengrin

=====================
This is fine but we need to have something different for a 2 or third strip,
i say it should be grey top with black pants and black socks,
Juventus has this and this is sharp looking!!

CalgaryHibs
06-10-2009, 02:52 AM

===========
agree most of us older boys like the "pat stanton" style which was brought oot o-o-o- aboot 10 years back.

zemmamarama
06-10-2009, 07:34 AM
:top marks Both. Best Hibs strips since the Adidas ones in the late eighties, early nineties :thumbsup:

sadtom
06-10-2009, 07:59 AM

Agree 100% with all of that. Except i dont wear replica kit myself. Though i would end up getting the home and away for my kids no matter how they looked. My idea of smart and my 9 yr old boys is usually at odds anyway.

Keith_M
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
3rd in a darker purple
3rd in a darker blue

Fantastic, I like both of those :thumbsup:

I take it you're a graphic designer? Those definitely haven't just been Photoshop'd.

Shaggy
06-10-2009, 09:48 AM
I wont be buying any,
only because I have never bought any football tops ever.
It is very good though, I thought this years was tremendous..............
when are we getting purple back ????????????

MacBean
06-10-2009, 10:16 AM

:agree:

Its been a while since we seen one of those!

Maybe a third Kit? or Training gear?

MacBean
06-10-2009, 10:20 AM
3rd in a darker purple
3rd in a darker blue

cant see them :boo hoo::boo hoo:

can see the OP's though!
any chance you can post them as an "attached thumbnail" like the OP?:pray:

aberhibsfc
06-10-2009, 10:54 AM
They are quality strips, i would buy at least 1 of them. Sayin that tho i quite like the strips this season.

:agree:

Last time we wore Adidas we won the League Cup. Very same colour format no sponsor though which was class. Still got both of mine.

pacorosssco
06-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Also, I've always fancied the idea of a Dark Blue and Green change strip (has the added benefit of not clashing with RaSellik). I'd love to see something along those lines, hint hint :wink:[/QUOTE]

defo ala st johns styley .navy and green stripe. navy shorts green socks

rabcp1
06-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Fantastic, I like both of those :thumbsup:

I take it you're a graphic designer? Those definitely haven't just been Photoshop'd.

Nope they've all been photoshoped from a few templates I have

cant see them :boo hoo::boo hoo:
can see the OP's though!
any chance you can post them as an "attached thumbnail" like the OP?:pray:

attached

Ell_Chrisso
06-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Loving all the ideas.. they look great.
Good work by the designer :thumbsup:

NOLA
06-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Nope they've all been photoshoped from a few templates I have

attached

The darker blue kit looks the biz but not liking the purple effort at all :duck:

sadtom
06-10-2009, 12:43 PM
No Hibs strip should ever, ever EVER have blue, maroon of orange in them.

Waaaaay out of line.

p.s. I know we've had blue troos back in 19 oatcake, but that was an aberation.

Keith_M
06-10-2009, 12:47 PM
The darker blue kit looks the biz but not liking the purple effort at all :duck:

My favourite is the Dark Blue as well. Could I put an order in now please? :wink:

Actually, you know what, having Dark Blue in the away strip would introduce loads of possiblities for some quite classy fashion related items, maybe a whole new style range for the Hibs shop. Could somebody maybe mention this to them? I'm sure it would take off.

:thumbsup:

Keith_M
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM

Waaaaay out of line.

What's wrong with a Scottish club having a Dark Blue change strip????

:confused:

sadtom
06-10-2009, 12:54 PM
What's wrong with a Scottish club having a Dark Blue change strip????

:confused:

Blue in a hibs strip? Not for me ta.
Why not buy a scotland strip.
Green, bottle green, white, black, yellow and purple.
Those are the only colours that should be on a Hibs strip. IMHO

Landells
06-10-2009, 01:28 PM
Are we getting adidas next season?:confused:

Granty Boy
06-10-2009, 01:45 PM
strips are looking wikked. i'd buy all three of them providing adidas is our kit supplier for next season.

Haymaker
06-10-2009, 02:30 PM
The purple one please :agree:

Big_D
06-10-2009, 02:55 PM
What about a White / Green Ajax style away ?

Andy74
06-10-2009, 03:09 PM

Waaaaay out of line.

Although I agree a lot of our training gear has been blue without any trouble.

James.
06-10-2009, 04:51 PM
Brilliant effort guys!

Would love a return to an all purple away strip like the one we had around 2002 with lcs and carlsberg. I always think of our 3 primary colours as green, white and purple.

Petrie's Tache
06-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Brilliant effort guys!

Would love a return to an all purple away strip like the one we had around 2002 with lcs and carlsberg. I always think of our 3 primary colours as green, white and purple.

I go for 4 Green, White, Purple and Black:agree: