PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Admins, why must I be PUNished?

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Admin request - can you please create a PUN prefix so that I don't have to wade through 3 pages of fish puns on the East Stand thread ever again.

Thanks (and if this thread turns into a pun thread, I'm deleting it). :greengrin

ahibby
05-10-2009, 11:52 AM
PUNted!

Peevemor
05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
Admin request - can you please create a PUN prefix so that I don't have to wade through 3 pages of fish puns on the East Stand thread ever again.

Thanks (and if this thread turns into a pun thread, I'm deleting it). :greengrin

The proble is that 'pun' looks a bit like 'hun' and there's a danGER that people might get confused.

Speedway
05-10-2009, 11:53 AM
You're taking all the pun out of posting.

Mikey
05-10-2009, 11:57 AM

Valid point. Maybe we should be chucking those threads in the dug out.

I'm sure it was funny once!

Kaiser_Sauzee
05-10-2009, 11:59 AM

Cheers Mikey. All I wanted to know was how my club was getting on with the stand. After reading that, I spent the afternoon eating 1KG of Mussels. :grr:

1two
05-10-2009, 12:00 PM

Exactly, it's getting a bit boring now reading the same old carp fish jokes on nearly every second thread.

Mikey
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM
Cheers Mikey. All I wanted to know was how my club was getting on with the stand.

Exactly.

Hibs7
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM

PUNative response Mikey :duck:

Speedway
05-10-2009, 01:00 PM
Cheers Mikey. All I wanted to know was how my club was getting on with the stand. After reading that, I spent the afternoon eating 1KG of Mussels. :grr:

The clue was in the puns coming throughout the first page. No-one knew the answer to your question, so they punned.

PaulSmith
05-10-2009, 01:06 PM

Agreed as once a long time ago it was (proably around the time of the start of the internet) but two or three times every week from the same posters over and over again...:yawn: :yawn:

A forum for Hibs fans or a forum for around 15 heavy duty posters?

Big Frank
05-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Agreed as once a long time ago it was (proably around the time of the start of the internet) but two or three times every week from the same posters over and over again...:yawn: :yawn:

A forum for Hibs fans or a forum for around 15 heavy duty posters?

Won't anyone think of the children!!!! :bitchy:

Woody1985
05-10-2009, 01:34 PM
I've just read the thread and it might be funny if people didn't bold or underline all of their puns. Bolding and underlining all of your 'funny' bits makes it less 'funny'.

Peevemor
05-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Brest :tee hee:

Speedway
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM

:tee hee:

Wilson
05-10-2009, 02:33 PM

Must have missed that one :wink:

Hibbyradge
05-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Must have missed that one :wink:

Your username maybe? :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
05-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Can't get what line you are following here, I'm hooked.

zlatan
05-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse this thread and would like to subscribe to the OPs weekly newsletter.

Toaods
05-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Ive yet to view the thread but everyones entitled to their own opunion.

FranckSuzy
05-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Carpe diem

Speedy
05-10-2009, 09:13 PM
The east stand thread should be about football, I don't see why people need to fill it with a lot of crap

One Day Soon
05-10-2009, 09:21 PM
The twin peaks of Mount Kilimanjaro

Toaods
05-10-2009, 10:38 PM
The east stand thread should be about football, I don't see why people need to fill it will a lot of crap

Is it not the type of crap that is generally spouted there? a bit of a laugh amongst the troops whether it's in the East, West, FF, Roseburn or Coopers Rest, school playground or at your works canteen....it's what football's all about.

Take the fun out of it and there won't be anybody at the games, never mind the forums.

If people don't like it then ignore it.

Speedy
05-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Is it not the type of crap that is generally spouted there? a bit of a laugh amongst the troops whether it's in the East, West, FF, Roseburn or Coopers Rest, school playground or at your works canteen....it's what football's all about.

Take the fun out of it and there won't be anybody at the games, never mind the forums.

I was obviously trying to be a bit too subtle :wink:

Peevemor
05-10-2009, 11:48 PM
The east stand thread should be about football, I don't see why people need to fill it will a lot of crap

The chances are we'll find out at the AGM what's happening with the East. Until then anything posted is either going to be repetition of the dozens of existing threads on the subject, pure speculation or both.

I don't see it as a thread to get precious about to be honest.

Toaods
06-10-2009, 12:09 AM
I was obviously trying to be a bit too subtle :wink:

No real dig at you - perhaps I need to read the whole thread...:greengrin

Speedy
06-10-2009, 12:22 AM
No real dig at you - perhaps I need to read the whole thread...:greengrin

Look at the post again

IWasThere2016
06-10-2009, 06:51 AM
I thought the PUNters loved these threads!

Seriously, they nip ma tits and I'm wi the OP :agree:

Hibee87
06-10-2009, 07:35 AM

I think your missed the point of the OP there, he was asking if the mods could put an icon on the thread liek the 'yams' or 'NHC' one so he knows nto to read it as it is a waste of time.

I have to admit it is pretty annoying when your reading a thread that someone has started and it gets hijacked by stupid puns.

therealgavmac
27-10-2009, 07:40 PM
Look at the post again

Mate - I got it first time and thought it was classy - better not be too gushy though or might get skinned alive...