PDA

View Full Version : NHC Tony Gale

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Hearing reports that Radio 5's Tony Gale collapsed live on air during West Ham V Fulham match...apparently loads of screams were heard on the radio and they cut transmission to an ad break whilst the game was still playing...

Anybody else heard anything?

Winston Ingram
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
didn't know he worked for 5 live :confused:

Ozyhibby
04-10-2009, 05:26 PM
and they don't have ads on five live:confused:

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Only posting what i've heard...

Wotherspiniesta
04-10-2009, 05:29 PM
The news is now that it wasn't Tony Gale but Nigel Adderley who has collapsed. A suspected stroke.

Ed De Gramo
04-10-2009, 05:44 PM
The news is now that it wasn't Tony Gale but Nigel Adderley who has collapsed. A suspected stroke.

Got this from a West Ham forum

Re: What Happened on Five Live Extra?
by mattjp on Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:11 pm

I was sitting right next to them in the Doc Martens Upper. He started frothing at the mouth, looked like an epileptic fit although the people around him were worried it was a heart attack. Matt Holland looked really worried. Seemed to take an age for the paramedics to come along. Stewards got him lying down near the stairwell and a woman came from the crowd to help out in the meantime.

Eventually he sat up and was led away by the paramedics. Looked like a lucky escape - I feared the worst when it first happened. Hope he is well and recovers fully

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:59 PM
and they don't have ads on five live:confused:

The BBC chuck loads of fillers in - previews of 606 and the like. Not technically an advert but still an advert.