View Full Version : Media BBC Highlights - Hibs 1 Dundee Utd 1

hibees59
04-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Highlights are up on BBC
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/8289698.stm

PaulSmith
04-10-2009, 05:14 PM
Clears a few things up.

Riordan, thought it was a sitter when I first saw it but my God it's an absolute mystery how you can get the ball over the bar from 3 yards out from there.

Straight red and Stoke probably should've been yellow carded as well.

Ozyhibby
04-10-2009, 05:25 PM
It looks like Stokes tried to stop him getting sent off. If so then i'm impressed.
Probably should have been just a yellow each.

hibsbollah
04-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Rubbish highlights. They've managed to miss out almost all of Zemmama's moments of genius in the first half.

MyJo
04-10-2009, 05:41 PM
stokes gave as good as he got with Bauben and was lucky the ref was so incompetant and he escaped without punishment........oh and thier goal was bloody flukey with a deflection off bamab otherwise stack had the shot covered IMO

portyfelly
04-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Rubbish highlights. They've managed to miss out almost all of Zemmama's moments of genius in the first half.

Also Stokes's shot which hit Riordan:boo hoo: and would have went in first half

lEXO
04-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Agreed.Didnt show Dixon and Wotherspoons 50-50 either.

Mikey
04-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Clears a few things up.

Riordan, thought it was a sitter when I first saw it but my God it's an absolute mystery how you can get the ball over the bar from 3 yards out from there.

Aye, that was some miss!

We were a wee bit unlucky with the goal. If Bamba had got more on it it would have hit the post and stayed out.

Baldy Foghorn
04-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Clears a few things up.

Bauben left boot in, then so did Stokes. Then both put heads together. Handbags at dawn, two yellows, or nothing at all...

Riordan's miss, imagine the derision and name calling it that had been Nish....

Leithenhibby
04-10-2009, 08:59 PM
Also 10/10 for Stack at the start of the second half, when he had gone in very bravely (imo) only to get a head knock. Over all, good game of footie.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Also 10/10 for Stack at the start of the second half, when he had gone in very bravely (imo) only to get a head knock. Over all, good game of footie.

Agreed,very bravely........ after failing to catch a ball he should have.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Agreed,very bravely........ after failing to catch a ball he should have.

No way he should have been expected to get the first one - it was rifled at him. There are very, very few keepers who would have done any better with that than Stack.

Have you and Pancho just decided to keep winding up everyone with the anti-Stack/ OTT Maka nonsense? If so, it's getting very dull now.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:27 PM
No way he should have been expected to get the first one - it was rifled at him. There are very, very few keepers who would have done any better with that than Stack.

Have you and Pancho just decided to keep winding up everyone with the anti-Stack/ OTT Maka nonsense? If so, it's getting very dull now.

If it's not a wind-up I'll be very surprised.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:30 PM
If it's not a wind-up I'll be very surprised.

:agree: Same here. Hopefully folk stop biting soon.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:31 PM

only in as much as you seem intent on going OTT with Stack. And as Danderhall might say, when did you start speaking for ''everyone'.......? :greengrin

Conditions were poor but that was never rifled. was it even in the highlights?

IIRC, he done exactly the same v St Johnstone in the Saturday game in the same goalmouth.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:32 PM
only in as much as you seem intent on going OTT with Stack. And as Danderhall might say, when did you start speaking for ''everyone'.......?

:greengrin

Conditions were poor but that was never rifled. IIRC, he done exactly the same v St Johnstone in the Saturday game in the same goalmouth.

I wouldn't say that. I'd use the appropriate inverted commas. :agree:

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't say that. I'd use the appropriate inverted commas. :agree:

No need for any wind-up.

Wasn't there a Hibs.net poll to settle the Maka v Stack opinions 'once and for all." ,- see what I did there?

IIRC - Stack received less votes.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
only in as much as you seem intent on going OTT with Stack. And as Danderhall might say, when did you start speaking for ''everyone'.......? :greengrin

Conditions were poor but that was never rifled. was it even in the highlights?

IIRC, he done exactly the same v St Johnstone in the Saturday game in the same goalmouth.

I never spoke for everyone, I asked a question.:wink:

Where have I gone OTT with Stack? :dunno:

As for asking if it was even in the highlights, I'd just point you in the direction of the thread title we're discussing...

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:36 PM
No need for any wind-up.

Wasn't there a Hibs.net poll to settle the Mak v Stack opinions 'once and for all."

IIRC - Stack received less votes.

:hilarious

Yes, the majority of 200-odd beat the minority of 190-odd to clear everything up. I've no idea why Yogi isn't listening.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
:hilarious

Yes, the majority of 200-odd beat the minority of 190-odd to clear everything up. I've no idea why Yogi isn't listening.

:grr: Who were they 390-odd to speak for everyone!?:greengrin

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:45 PM
It's Yogi's man so stands to reason he's going to have to give him a run now he is in.

we shall see over the next two months how good he is, once he's been to Ibrox and Tynie.

Once again I sat in the second half watching a series of jim Leighton-esque goal kicks launched at Riordan or kicks from hand straight through to the opponents rearguard miles in front of our small forward line. Quality indeed.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
It's Yogi's man so stands to reason he's going to have to give him a run now he is in.

we shall see over the next two months how good he is, once he's been to Ibrox and Tynie.

Once again I sat in the second half watching a series of jim Leighton-esque goal kicks launched at Riordan or kicks from hand straight through to the opponents rearguard miles in front of our small forward line. Quality indeed.

You sit only a wee bit along from where I was sitting - you must have nticed the wind? It's not like he's been doing it every time in every game - the wind was a factor.

Do you think Nicky Weaver has a kicking problem as well?

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
I never spoke for everyone, I asked a question.:wink:

... show me those from this Pancho you infer I collude with :cool2:.

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
... show me those from this Pancho you infer I collude with :cool2:.

Are you implying Hibs Spain isn't Pancho?:cool2:

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
You sit only a wee bit along from where I was sitting - you must have nticed the wind? It's not like he's been doing it every time in every game - the wind was a factor.

Do you think Nicky Weaver has a kicking problem as well?

you need to make your mind up if it was windy or not...

If it's not a wind-up I'll be very surprised. :faf:

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:52 PM

:faf:

:top marks for evading the question!:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 09:53 PM

:faf:

I'm ready. It was windy. Weaver's kicking isn't bad either but the wind caused a few of his kicks to be pish.

What's your opinion?

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:53 PM
Are you implying Hibs Spain isn't Pancho?:cool2:

I don't recall commenting on either's status.....:wink:

matty_f
04-10-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't recall commenting on either's status.....:wink:

You didn't need to. I chose my words carefully, I asked if you were implying that Hibs Spain wasn't Pancho.:wink:

The_Horde
04-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Thought Buaben's challenge on Stokes was poor, left the studs in.

Then after being sent off decided to do the same to the tunnel.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 09:58 PM
:top marks for evading the question!:greengrin

A maestro at work.

I'm ready. It was windy. Weaver's kicking isn't bad either but the wind caused a few of his kicks to be pish.

What's your opinion?

of course the wind was a big factor(as stated in my players markings post), however Weaver seemed to cope far better with dead ball kicks, whereas he was obviously struggling with a moving ball when chasing some poor balls back from his defence wide to his left, when he's predominantly right footed.

I thought his main duties of goal kicking were better than Stacks, ie noticiably landing in the 'zone' most goal kicks seem to be directed towards.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 10:01 PM
of course the wind was a big factor(as stated in my players markings post), however Weaver seemed to cope far better with dead ball kicks, whereas he was obviously struggling with a moving ball when chasing some poor balls back from his defence wide to his left, when he's predominantly right footed.

I thought his main duties of goal kicking were better than Stacks, ie noticiably landing in the 'zone' most goal kicks seem to be directed towards.

Nah - he's *****, he kicked a few directly into touch.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 10:04 PM
You didn't need to. I chose my words carefully, I asked if you were implying that Hibs Spain wasn't Pancho.:wink:

I can confirm Hibs Spain wasn't Pancho.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 10:06 PM

Isn't or wasn't? :greengrin

Toaods
04-10-2009, 10:07 PM
Nah - he's *****, he kicked a few directly into touch.

He's better ***** than the ***** we usually have. I'd take him at ER without a worry.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Isn't or wasn't? :greengrin

I also choose words carefully......:wink:

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2009, 10:09 PM
He's better ***** than the ***** we usually have. I'd take him at ER without a worry.

As would I. :agree:

Even though his kicking was poor yesterday. :wink:

matty_f
04-10-2009, 10:14 PM

:rolleyes:

RickyS
04-10-2009, 10:26 PM
A maestro at work.

ive been quite impressed with how Stack deals with a pass back, to me it seems as though he takes the no nonsense approach to it, rather than Maka who thinks he's Gary Caldwell!.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 10:35 PM
ive been quite impressed with how Stack deals with a pass back, to me it seems as though he takes the no nonsense approach to it, rather than Maka who thinks he's Gary Caldwell!.

won't disagree but I was referring specifically to taking goal kicks.

RickyS
04-10-2009, 11:02 PM

fair enough, I agree they can be a bit wayward.

Speedway
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM

Ultimately I think, that whoever Yogi favours will get the nod on any given matchday.

lapsedhibee
05-10-2009, 10:04 PM

Think Staka is one of the bravest goalies I've seen. Defo not the best, but very brave.

silverhibee
05-10-2009, 11:26 PM
Think Staka is one of the bravest goalies I've seen. Defo not the best, but very brave.

Brave or clumsy.
The one where he took a sore one to the face was his own fault, he dropped the ball and got a kick in the face trying to retreive the ball he should not have dropped in the first place, a clumsy mistake he should not be making in the first place as i said.
I would have Maka in goal for the next Hibs game.:agree:

lapsedhibee
05-10-2009, 11:38 PM
Brave or clumsy.
The one where he took a sore one to the face was his own fault, he dropped the ball and got a kick in the face trying to retreive the ball he should not have dropped in the first place, a clumsy mistake he should not be making in the first place as i said.
I would have Maka in goal for the next Hibs game.:agree:

Both.