PDA

View Full Version : Typical Weedgie Rag - Sunday Mail Misprint

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 11:13 AM
You've got to hand it to them for their ignorance of what's going on outisde their betrothed Old Firm.

I looked at the league table and it says we are only 6 points in front of Hearts. They obviously live on a different planet from the rest of us, because it is clear from Hibs.net, they haven't got a hope in hell of catching us (even with four league games still to play).

You couldn't make it up! :bitchy:

iwasthere1972
04-10-2009, 11:15 AM
You've got to hand it to them for their ignorance of what's going on outisde their betrothed Old Firm.

I looked at the league table and it says we are only 6 points in front of Hearts. They obviously live on a different planet from the rest of us, because it is clear from Hibs.net, they haven't got a hope in hell of catching us (even with four league games still to play).

You couldn't make it up! :bitchy:

Is it just me. :confused:

What did you have on your cornflakes Mr Rolls?

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Is it just me. :confused:

What did you have on your cornflakes Mr Rolls?

Something that has left me very confused. On the one hand we have Hibs fans laughing their heads of at Hearts (nowt wrong with that) - saying they might well get relegated. On the other hand you have a league table that says they are only two victories away from catching us, and we have to play them four times.

I'm finding some of the celebrations on here a bit premature, and experience tells me that when you get too much above yourseld you are due a fall. Just like Hearts when they said they were playing in a different league from the rest of the SPL.

Toaods
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I can confirm the rag along with its sister rag usually do exactly that....make it up, that is..!!

ScottB
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Something that has left me very confused. On the one hand we have Hibs fans laughing their heads of at Hearts (nowt wrong with that) - saying they might well get relegated. On the other hand you have a league table that says they are only two victories away from catching us, and we have to play them four times.

I'm finding some of the celebrations on here a bit premature, and experience tells me that when you get too much above yourseld you are due a fall. Just like Hearts when they said they were playing in a different league from the rest of the SPL.

Indeed, yesterday showed we are still the same old Hibs, presented with an opportunity to pull ahead of our rivals we blew it.

There is a long, long way to go.

iwasthere1972
04-10-2009, 11:34 AM

Comprende. Agree that some netters are getting carried away. It's far too early to start predicting what kind of season we will have although the signs are it will be better than the last one. The home game against Kilmarnock is one that I feel we must win. A defeat in that match will see us on exactly the same number of points as we had after our first 8 matches under Mixu last season.

I can however confirm that Hearts are pash and getting pasher.

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 11:40 AM
Comprende. Agree that some netters are getting carried away. It's far too early to start predicting what kind of season we will have although the signs are it will be better than the last one. The home game against Kilmarnock is one that I feel we must win. A defeat in that match will see us on exactly the same number of points as we had after our first 8 matches under Mixu last season.

I can however confirm that Hearts are pash and getting pasher.

Something that goes without saying. That said, in the past when they have looked dead and buried, they have always pulled a result off against us.

iwasthere1972
04-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Something that goes without saying. That said, in the past when they have looked dead and buried, they have always pulled a result off against us.

:agree: And Nade will score from the centre spot to get his annual goal. It's on the card. Mystic Meg told me.

lEXO
04-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Well said.The same posters will be the first to slag off the players and management when we hit a wee rocky spell.(as we do every season)

poolman
04-10-2009, 01:59 PM

That's true FR but these threads are so good tho :agree:

My favs the one in bold :thumbsup:

Poll: How many more points than Hibs will we get in the coming season?
Poll Options
How many more points than Hibs will we get in the coming season?
1-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10
11-12
13-14
15-16
17-18
More than 18
View Poll Results

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Heads up our own ***** poll imo!

I'll say +20 tho

"Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him"

Mr Sifter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses
And if it isn't?

It would seem by your original post it is though.
Did i miss the question about how far ahead will we finish above,Aberdeen,Dundee utd,Motherwell,Falkirk,Killie etc.

1874robbo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by neave
Christ, let's not start this, eh? We're doomed to have egg on our faces if we adopt this majorly ********-ish attitude.

My only ambition for next season, as it was last season, is top 6.

Agreed.
And to think we actually hate the old firm fans for being up their own erses.
I think some of our fans over the years are as guilty as the old firm for having this superior attitude.
It is one of the reasons why our atmosphere outwith old firm games and derbies is pash.

1874robbo

1 point above will be enough! Hopefully around 12 - 20 points though. Probably 7 or 8.

marc

The usual 9 or 10

Eggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by neave
Christ, let's not start this, eh? We're doomed to have egg on our faces if we adopt this majorly ********-ish attitude.

My only ambition for next season, as it was last season, is top 6.

Nah, no having that fella.

I honestly believe we can finish 20 points ahead of them, and outlined my reasons (pretty ****ing eloquently for me too) for doing so. If that's ********-ish, then fair play.

I'd say it would be more ********-ish to lie about my thoughts just to please others or avoid possible consequences.

I.J

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1874robbo
It would seem by your original post it is though.
Did i miss the question about how far ahead will we finish above,Aberdeen,Dundee utd,Motherwell,Falkirk,Killie etc.

But it isn't. I've already explained why I think we'll finish further ahead of Hibs this season than last, while at the same time pointing out that we'll do this despite having a lower points haul than last season. I don't consider that to be a particularly good outcome for us (though obviously it's a much worse outcome for them). I'm just interested to know what other members think.

Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1874robbo
Agreed.
And to think we actually hate the old firm fans for being up their own erses.
I think some of our fans over the years are as guilty as the old firm for having this superior attitude.
It is one of the reasons why our atmosphere outwith old firm games and derbies is pash.

Chill out , i hardly think guessing how many points we will finish above our biggest rivals on an internet forum is going to create a pesh atmosphere at the game.

Chairman Mao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulysses
Could y'all stick to the thread topic please?

MA HA

Miller Jambo 60

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=155574

Haha, just look at them crying. "There deluded" etc etc. Well, who was 3rd last season?

Keep on crying hobo fuds.

My mate put a bet on with one of his hibby mates before season 97\98 started. A pint for each point difference between the teams. Think we ended up with 38 points more than them that famous season.......

Oh and we won the cup and the hibs went down doo dah doo dah.

Get it right up ye ya windae lickers.

[B]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its a no brainer that we will finish well above them...and they know it,hence there reaction to the thread and there struggle for reasonable reply to itTotal deluded Trumpets

we'll be in the top 6 and they'll be in the bottom 6.

jambomickey

The average prediction is working out at about 13-14 points.

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
It seems that we may be a bit over excited,whereas they are possibly over medicated. If they didn't exist we'd have to invent them.

Big Frank
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
There is no D in weegie.

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 02:55 PM
There is no D in weegie.

Says who like? :dummytit:

What I meant to say was I was making a joke about misprits. But it's too late now.

RoYO!
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM
all that said and i agree with most of it, the fact remains that we have managed to assemble a good squad of players (lacking a couple- but what team in the spl isn't) who is capable of playing football and scoring goals from all over the team.....

meanwhile....

its not as if you can say that hearts are performing below par. They are performing as about as well as could be expected with the players at there disposal- i fundamentally believe that. They are NOT the hearts of old there team has been ripped apart and filled with mediocrity.

lapsedhibee
04-10-2009, 02:57 PM

That's just rubbish. :crazy:
If you'd read Hibs.net as carefully as you imply you'd know that we are only playing them three times this season, on account of them ending up in a relegation struggle and us being a stick-on for 3rd if not OF-splitters.

Phil D. Rolls
04-10-2009, 02:59 PM
That's just rubbish. If you'd read Hibs.net as carefully as you imply you'd know that we are only playing them three times this season, on account of them ending up in a relegation struggle and us being a stick-on for 3rd if not OF-splitters. :crazy:

Attention to detail waws never my strungest pint. :greengrin

Big Frank
04-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Says who like? :dummytit:

me:bye:

What I meant to say was I was making a joke about misprits. But it's too late now. Yeah right:rolleyes:

hertz are gash FR. Time you came clean:wink:

Phil D. Rolls
05-10-2009, 08:30 AM
Yeah right:rolleyes:

hertz are gash FR. Time you came clean:wink:

How do you think my family will react? I can handle it myself, but it will leave them devestated. :paranoid:

ahibby
05-10-2009, 02:09 PM
Indeed, yesterday showed we are still the same old Hibs, presented with an opportunity to pull ahead of our rivals we blew it.

There is a long, long way to go.

Precisely such a long way that we won't be going all the way with the likes of Zemmama so how the heck are we ever going to get there?

Rory89
05-10-2009, 04:36 PM
I've got a £100 bet going with a jambo mate that we'll finish above them, we only put the bet on last week! Free money. :thumbsup:

I agree that we aren't great and blowing 2 points when we should've had Dundee United buried at half time was typical Hibs. However, the reason I'm so confident isn't that I think Hibs are so great, it's that they are so gash there's no way we could surrender 6 points to that pile of *****.

Hibs and Dundee United will be 3rd and 4th although I don't know which one will grap 3rd.

Andy74
05-10-2009, 04:54 PM
There is a long way to go but Hearts are less equipped to deal with it than we are.

What is happening now is reminding me a wee bit of McLeish's Hibs.

We knew then that when we had Latapy and Sauzee and maybe one or two others that we carried that little bit of class that would be too much for most of our competitors.

The likes of Miller, Zemmama, Riordan and Stokes could have that effect for us.

If Hearts had even one or two players like that I'd always be concerned about playing them but they don't have any really.

Early days but the same points gap carried over the next 31 games would see us about 20 points clear of them come the end of the the season.

That honestly wouldn't be a bad reflection of the squads we now have. We'll see in good time if the character and work rate will match it and take us to that sort of gap.