PDA

View Full Version : Liam Miller..

3pm
04-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Think he is still searching for a touch more fitness. Some great touches yesterday but would love to see him more involved....he is a magnificent footballer. Once 100% match fit, he'll a be a superstar for us. :agree:

truehibernian
04-10-2009, 11:24 AM
I thought Miller was superb all 90 minutes yesterday. Winning tackles, doubling up with McBride and harrying Utd players, distribution nice and simple at times, and a couple of really decent runs. It's because of this almost 4-2-4 set up that I think stops Miller from being more direct, but he is sheer class IMO. You can see his fitness is nearly there and its only taken him 3 games or so. Really good player.

matty_f
05-10-2009, 12:08 AM
I thought Miller was superb all 90 minutes yesterday. Winning tackles, doubling up with McBride and harrying Utd players, distribution nice and simple at times, and a couple of really decent runs. It's because of this almost 4-2-4 set up that I think stops Miller from being more direct, but he is sheer class IMO. You can see his fitness is nearly there and its only taken him 3 games or so. Really good player.

:agree:Miller and McBride look like a fantastic midfield pairing in the making.:thumbsup:

KWJ
05-10-2009, 02:51 AM
I opened this thread fearing the worst.

Phew! Good stuff LM, keep it up.

How longs he signed for?

Dibben
05-10-2009, 04:37 AM
I opened this thread fearing the worst.

Phew! Good stuff LM, keep it up.

How longs he signed for?

2 years!

BH.

col02
05-10-2009, 06:56 AM
Even this early on you can tell how Miller found his way to Man United from Celtic. The guy always plays the game with his head up and his awareness is superb. That said I am sure he would be first to say that for Hibs it is easy to play centre of midfield due to the hardworking nature of McBride who if he keeps his form going so far this season would be my bet for player of the year.

GreenOnions
05-10-2009, 07:21 AM
Yep - I thought Miller and McBride together were excellent on Saturday.

For me - one of the main differences between the DUFC game and the St Johnstone game was the speed of our passing.

Against the Saintees we moved the ball much more slowly and they always seemed to be able to close us down as a result. The passing against DUFC was crisp and quick and United found it almost impossible to track the movement of man and ball.

Dr Jimmy
05-10-2009, 08:49 AM
:agree:Miller and McBride look like a fantastic midfield pairing in the making.:thumbsup:

Could not agree more, thought Miller was class and went past players with ease and was always looking for a pass. McBride did the "mopping up" that allowed Zemmama and Benji to get forward.
Miller will be a star for us!

ahibby
05-10-2009, 08:53 AM
I think Miller is a very good player and the only negative I have is that sometimes he takes too long on the ball. It's great when he does and gets away with it because of his class but frustrating when he gets caught with it in our own half. Fortunately we seem to be aware of that possibility and there is usually someon around to help out.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Yep - I thought Miller and McBride together were excellent on Saturday.

For me - one of the main differences between the DUFC game and the St Johnstone game was the speed of our passing.

Against the Saintees we moved the ball much more slowly and they always seemed to be able to close us down as a result. The passing against DUFC was crisp and quick and United found it almost impossible to track the movement of man and ball.

:top marks It was the first time this season imho we moved the ball as quick as i'd like to see it moved. Previously we were ponderous, easy to shut down, and obviously less chances created.

Not on saturday, thats probably the most chances we have had in one game in a very long time, if we keep this up, we will score lots of goals this season.:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
05-10-2009, 10:45 AM
:top marks It was the first time this season imho we moved the ball as quick as i'd like to see it moved. Previously we were ponderous, easy to shut down, and obviously less chances created.

Not on saturday, thats probably the most chances we have had in one game in a very long time, if we keep this up, we will score lots of goals this season.:thumbsup:

It is great the way they played on Sat, but I always had a positive feeling we would start playing like that. Before, the football was played in right way, but it takes time for so many new players to build trust in each other, understand their positioning, get more confidence in themselves, the system and one another........ and now we're starting to see things click.

In Yogi we trust. :agree:

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2009, 10:52 AM
It is great the way they played on Sat, but I always had a positive feeling we would start playing like that. Before, the football was played in right way, but it takes time for so many new players to build trust in each other, understand their positioning, get more confidence in themselves, the system and one another........ and now we're starting to see things click.

In Yogi we trust. :agree:

:top marks We will have ups and downs this season, but i can certainly see progress, Yogi has a vision, a vision we can all see. The next few season should be very exciting, and the next few transfer windows will be the same.:thumbsup:

Craig_in_Prague
05-10-2009, 10:55 AM
:top marks We will have ups and downs this season, but i can certainly see progress, Yogi has a vision, a vision we can all see. The next few season should be very exciting, and the next few transfer windows will be the same.:thumbsup:

I'm delighted I had the chance to see us in person several games over August and Sept, and I will most definitely continue buying the games for live viewing too - The depression Mixu had me in, has gone completely and I'm every bit as excited about this Hibs team as I was under TM's.
Might be a big statement, but I reckon we're in for better times than under TM.

Dinkydoo
05-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Looks to be a great player for us. It's hard to imagine that he still could have been clubless if we hadn't snapped him up,........:confused:

Even though we didn't win on saturday I was filled with optimism by our performance (great stuff), it was a really entertaining game and after wasting money travelling to see us get pumped by Hamilton I'm glad to say that it was worth every single penny this time.

Keep it up Hibs!!:thumbsup:

GGTTH

TRIALIST
05-10-2009, 11:31 AM
I'm very impressed by Yogi's strategy of signing players with the wow factor, quality instead of quantity. Liam at one time could have been described as world class, he could be again.
Good to see the injection of this type of class into the team rather than signing up 6 or 7 wannabees.
Well done the board for buying into Yogi.
There are some interesting partnerships forming in the team, Liam and Kev McB, Riordan stokes, the two marrocs. When the double acts become trios we just might see a team emerge.

3pm
05-10-2009, 11:48 AM
The thing about Miller, for me anyway, is that there is far more to come. I personally wouldn't have marked him as a '9' on Saturday as some have -I think there is tons more to come and I am excited at the thought of him being able to play even better.

Saturday was a 7 for me (Ripping coming my way!!!).......wait until he hits 9/10 and then 10/10 on the 7th of November. :wink:

The_Horde
05-10-2009, 12:30 PM
The thing about Miller, for me anyway, is that there is far more to come. I personally wouldn't have marked him as a '9' on Saturday as some have -I think there is tons more to come and I am excited at the thought of him being able to play even better.

Saturday was a 7 for me (Ripping coming my way!!!).......wait until he hits 9/10 and then 10/10 on the 7th of November. :wink:

If he'd kept up his first half performance then he was on course for a 9. :agree:

Dr Jimmy
05-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Liam and Kev McB, Riordan stokes,

I agree with the first one and they looked good on Saturday, but not too sure whether Stokes & Riordan see eye to eye. They never look particularly happy with each other. Whether liking each other matters, I don't know (or if it's even true!) seem to remember Sheringham and Cole hating each other but playing well together.
I also think in the form he is in you could put Zemmama with Steven Hawking and he would make them both look good.

banarc7062
05-10-2009, 12:40 PM
He is just what our young players need to help them along :thumbsup:

FranckSuzy
05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Liam and Kev McB, Riordan stokes,

I agree with the first one and they looked good on Saturday, but not too sure whether Stokes & Riordan see eye to eye. They never look particularly happy with each other. Whether liking each other matters, I don't know (or if it's even true!) seem to remember Sheringham and Cole hating each other but playing well together.
I also think in the form he is in you could put Zemmama with Steven Hawking and he would make them both look good.

You're taking this too far :greengrin :faf:

EasterRoad4Ever
05-10-2009, 05:48 PM
No idea how we got Miller. Always looks like he has time on the ball, a sign of a good player, and has slotted in well to the team. A signing masterstroke by Yogi.

Need to enjoy him while we can. Sadly won't be long until the sharks start circling :yawn:

bingo70
05-10-2009, 06:03 PM
No idea how we got Miller. Always looks like he has time on the ball, a sign of a good player, and has slotted in well to the team. A signing masterstroke by Yogi.

Need to enjoy him while we can. Sadly won't be long until the sharks start circling :yawn:

Was thinking that as well but where's he likely to go?

Got a terrible reputation for having a bad attitude down south, celtic won't want him back after the way he left, the huns won't want him as he's both Irish and a former celtic player.

Apparently Trappatoni is a big fan of his and was touting him to Italian clubs before we got him but if they were interested they would have had a look at him when he was available on a free.

I'm hoping that he feels he's earned enough through football and just wants to play regularly and enjoy his football now.

Houchy
06-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Was thinking that as well but where's he likely to go?

Got a terrible reputation for having a bad attitude down south, celtic won't want him back after the way he left, the huns won't want him as he's both Irish and a former celtic player.

Apparently Trappatoni is a big fan of his and was touting him to Italian clubs before we got him but if they were interested they would have had a look at him when he was available on a free.

I'm hoping that he feels he's earned enough through football and just wants to play regularly and enjoy his football now.

I really hope you're right Beano my man, although how many people said the same with us about Murray and Riordan. There was even people on here saying they would rather stick pins in their nuts than have Murray back.
I reckon that if Miller continues to play well, all will be forgiven at Darkhead and Celtc will be back in for him before long. I really hope i'm wrong though!!! I just also feel that getting pumped out the cup by St Johnstone could have a bearing on how we play things in the transfer windows.

Ell_Chrisso
06-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Yep, i also felt that for once this season, we played the football we should be.
None of this tippy tapping around, and slow lazy build up.
Ball to feet, look up, pick a pass. get it done. Move...
If we play like that every week, theres no reason why we cant be up there with the old firm

hibsdaft
06-10-2009, 12:27 PM
McBride and Miller must of played together at Celtic - both 28, both on Celtic's books from 2000 to 2004/5.

1875er
06-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Much as I thought Miller was excellent I think he was "allowed" to play by McBride doing all the tidying up work.

Must admit of all Yogi's signings McBride was the one that I was least excited about but he has proved to be an excellent shrewd signing IMO.